• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Rezbit

Bowling ain't our problem. What the fuck is the batting order going to look like :<

Watson-Rogers-Cowan-Hughes-Clarke-Warner-Haddin, I reckon. I'd rather Steve Smith in than Warner though, as crazy as that is to say. At least he doesn't give his wicket away and his pies are better than Warner's.

Omikron

Watson-Rogers-Cowan-Hughes-Clarke-Warner-Haddin, I reckon. I'd rather Steve Smith in than Warner though, as crazy as that is to say. At least he doesn't give his wicket away and his pies are better than Warner's.

Yeah, pretty much posted that exact order in the cricket thread... if only Faulkner was a slightly better bat.

Did you know Peter Siddle is the highest bowler on the ICC rankings in this series?

Hilfy is 12th lol

Hilfy is gawn! Bird made sure of that.

You already know my thoughts on Sizzle, Rezbit :)

Bowling ain't our problem. What the fuck is the batting order going to look like :<

Bowling isn't as much a problem as our batting but I would argue it is still a problem. How Bird can't get a run is beyond me. (Assuming the predicted team is the starting team)

markot

Banned
I want an Irish person called Colin O'scappy

Just like I want an actual factual Asian person called Ching Chong.

They have to exist! Even if its 1 in a billion name, theres a billion Chinese fellas!

Omikron

The problem I see for Bird is that Starc and Pattinson are both must picks, that leaves Bird potentially taking Siddle's spot and he hasn't really don't much wrong and is a bit of a work horse for the side.

legend166

In terms of batting, this is what I'd go with:

Watson
Rogers
Khawaja
Clarke
Hughes
Smith
Haddin

Smith is our best player of spin other than Clarke so I want him in there to go against Swann. And he's been in good form. I know it's tough dropping Cowan, but if he's not going to open I don't think there's a spot for him in the side. He's too limited.

This is what I think they're going with

Watson
Rogers
Cowan
Hughes
Clarke
Warner
Haddin

In terms of batting, this is what I'd go with:

Watson
Rogers
Khawaja
Clarke
Hughes
Smith
Haddin

My problem with that is Khawaja isn't near confident enough to be a #3 yet. I still favour the old method of Australian batting. You join the team at 6, find your feet and then go up the order.

I'd go:

Watson
Rogers
Warner
Clarke
Hughes
Khawaja
Haddin
Siddle
Starc
Pattinson
Lyon

Warner for Cowan is a tough choice...but I figure if I'm England I'd much rather bowl to Cowan scratching out a 20-30 than worrying about Warner going nuts.

legend166

I just don't think Warner deserves a spot. He's really not good enough to continue acting like a knob. Plus he's had no warm up matches.

Rezbit

The problem I see for Bird is that Starc and Pattinson are both must picks, that leaves Bird potentially taking Siddle's spot and he hasn't really don't much wrong and is a bit of a work horse for the side.

Yeah this is true. That said, if Siddle struggles in the first two tests Bird will be in, no doubt.

I just don't think Warner deserves a spot. He's really not good enough to continue acting like a knob. Plus he's had no warm up matches.

Totally agree. He will without a doubt snick the ball, either it goes to hand and he's out for not much, or it goes to the boundary and he might get some. Just a real floggish player.

Woo, my came in too! How the hell is yours so high, how much tax do you pay?

When I first started working here I forgot to claim the tax free threshold, so my tax returns are always huge. I think of it as enforced savings.

I've changed it now though, so I should start getting taxed at a regular rate.

This money... it insists that I spend it...

lexi

Banned
When I first started working here I forgot to claim the tax free threshold, so my tax returns are always huge. I think of it as enforced savings.

I've changed it now though, so I should start getting taxed at a regular rate.

This money... it insists that I spend it...

Buy me a titan, kthx.

I personally would have Bird picked 2nd behind Pattinson. Starc is still up in the air for me but I would again have him in the team before Siddle.

I don't think Siddle is damaging enough. I would probably have Harris in the side before him, if he could stay fit.

Kritz

Banned
gah fuckin horse shit

I got a 49 on one of my exams. Which is 1 point below a pass. Which means I have to sit a supplemental exam. The supplemental exam is on the 18th. I leave for PAX at like 7am that day.

Wonder if I spend $50 for the uni to recheck my work if they'll give me a pity point.

I'd have rather failed than get a sup, goddamn it.

Deeku

gah fuckin horse shit

I got a 49 on one of my exams. Which is 1 point below a pass. Which means I have to sit a supplemental exam. The supplemental exam is on the 18th. I leave for PAX at like 7am that day.

Wonder if I spend $50 for the uni to recheck my work if they'll give me a pity point.

no conceded passes at your uni? that sucks. maybe go chat to the lec in charge and see if you can bump it up to a pass?

gah fuckin horse shit

Kritz, which uni are you at?

You could probably apply for a review of grade, or if you're feeling sneaky go get a letter from a doctor/counsellor saying you were sick/suffering from trauma/whatever during your exam and apply for late Special Consideration.

I actually process the bloody applications at my uni, so trust me when I say every man and his dog goes for it!

Kritz

Banned
I can pay fifty dollars to have them re-assess all my work for the course.
Or I can pay even more money to book a later flight that day and resit my exam in the morning.

edit - utas

Or I can pay even more money to book a later flight that day and resit my exam in the morning.

edit - utas

They charge $50 for a review of grade? Bloody hell!

Probably worth it if it results in a pass. If you're only 1% off it's not a bad idea, really. Usually a grade won't move more than 2-3% overall, but you're so damn close!

Otherwise, concoct a good sob story.

At Deakin you can ask them to review your exam but they can decline, no option to force them which is fucked. At least it was that way when I was a uni chump.

Also TITANS FOR EVERYONE!
Maybe they will be giving them away at PAX :/

Can't really argue with that.

However I really think Warner is one of those players who will come back well from a break and then do worse the more he plays. If he plays, I wouldn't be surprised to see him do really well in the first couple of tests...and then fall apart.

Have an odd feeling that Starc will struggle first game and Bird will come in to replace him. Or Pattinson will get injured again.

OH NOES THE PESSIMISM IS CRAWLING INTO MY SKINNNNNNNNNNNNN

Rezbit

You want pessimism? Starc will struggle first game...and Johnson will come in to replace him.

ALf1iMo.gif

magenta

edit - utas

I wonder what that $50 goes to, I never had to pay anything to get a reassessment. I went to UOW.

I wonder what that $50 goes to, I never had to pay anything to get a reassessment. I went to UOW.

People need to pay to receive a copy of their exam script at our uni, or for a review if the PASS their unit. It's free if you fail.

The money doesn't reach the faculty that actually does the copying/reviewing...

Hey. Lets not say things we will regret in a few years when Dead Man has to go outside with Jenny Agutter.
Hey, I can think of plenty of worse people with whom I could be forced into playing a dangerous game of survival.

If that's how I go out then that's how I wanna go out.

Waiting in line to see Michelangelo's David. Last time we came here (and spent like two hours in Florence) there was no line at all (we jumped off a train, rushed directly over, in and out like military operation), this time it'll probably be over an hour. I guess it's probably worth it since we'll have more time to appreciate it.

Mobile gaf borked for anyone else?
Quotes not appearing right, some missing images etc. Maybe they're updating the look?

Top Bottom