• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

markot

Banned
My gpu fan has decided to go max out at all times >.< And while investigating I accidently broke a fan by touching it so now its all so hummmmmming.....

Whats up!?

And none of the fan control stuff in the driver thingy works (AMD OF COURSE!)

It says the temperature it -128 >_<;

Shaneus

Andddddddddddddddddddddddd I'm back to not buying a Xbone.
Man, I never went *back*, even after they dropped the DRM. Until/unless there's a genuine PGR announcement for the One (and it's handled by a good team and not someone barely related to Lucid/Bizarre/any UK dev) then there's nothing that will sell me on it.

My gpu fan has decided to go max out at all times >.< And while investigating I accidently broke a fan by touching it so now its all so hummmmmming.....

Whats up!?
I had a problem where my GPU wasn't spinning the fan up at all. Fan worked okay, just the fan controller on the card was screwed. I wound up (I think... look it up!) wiring the positive of the fan to the PSU's +12v rail and the negative of the fan to the +5v to give it 7v constant. Your PSU has to be high-quality to be able to support it (apparently) but I did that with mine and while there's still more noise than I'd like coming out of it, it's running cooler than with +5v (I tested it, definitely wasn't enough) and not pushing the fuck out of it like the 12v.

This is my first steam summer sale.
Don't even have a gaming pc yet lul. (Ordered the parts yesterday but!)

Just picked up cart life, looks my kinda thing. Cheers jint

r1chard

So here is the Calender for ausgaf pax at this stage.

iCal

XML

Will be updated with more information when I get more information.
Any chance of a link directly to the calendar so I could subscribe to it please? I've tried using variations of the link you've given but can't make it work :-(

teekun

Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure a lot of that music I enjoyed (it wasn't my main music obsession, but I still loved it) was because of games like THPS2 and Dave Mirra's Freestyle BMX. The soundtracks in those were fucking incredible. Some of my absolute faves:
Sublime - What I Got
Millencolin - No Cigar
(okay, that was two... :/)

Millencolin is still amazing. I'm pissed that I missed their last trip to Australia a few years back.

And cmon now. What I Got is the dullest of all Sublime songs. Santeria and Date Rape are the real shit.

What was that skateboarding game that pre-dated Tony Hawk on PS1? It had a fantastic soundtrack as well.

It feels weird already owning most of the games I want on sale :/

That said, if Kentucky Route Zero goes on sale I'm buying the heck out of it.

Millencolin is still amazing. I'm pissed that I missed their last trip to Australia a few years back.

And cmon now. What I Got is the dullest of all Sublime songs. Santeria and Date Rape are the real shit.

What was that skateboarding game that pre-dated Tony Hawk on PS1? It had a fantastic soundtrack as well.

Date Rape is a fantastic song. That solo.

markot

Banned
Buy a mac.

huehuehuehue

Sure, if im a no gaming jumbo tron stupid.

>.<

Why things gotta break? Whats up with that. Wheres your god? Why would he allow that?!

Whens the next gen of graphical cars coming out >.>?

From now on im buying stuff from people who are smart. Asus and gigabyte? Your on the list!

Shaneus

I know about Sublime, I was just talking about the one I remembered that was in a game :p Nowell's live (unplugged?) album is great, too.

PS. MTV Skateboarding? I don't think it predated it, or it came out just after because I think there were some guys who jumped ship from THPS to this one... and it never went anywhere.

teekun

I know about Sublime, I was just talking about the one I remembered that was in a game :p Nowell's live (unplugged?) album is great, too.

PS. MTV Skateboarding? I don't think it predated it, or it came out just after because I think there were some guys who jumped ship from THPS to this one... and it never went anywhere.

The new Sublime with Rome album is pretty good too, I was surprised.

Turns out I was thinking of Street Sk8er. Stupid fucking name, but lots of fun to play (for a time when we didn't know what a good skating game could be) and a fantastic soundtrack. All, Less Than Jake, The Pietasters, I Against I... I think the sequel had a great Del The Funky Homosapien track too.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Any chance of a link directly to the calendar so I could subscribe to it please? I've tried using variations of the link you've given but can't make it work :-(

They should work as they are direct links, I can share the cal with people who have email addys.

Fredescu

Whens the next gen of graphical cars coming out >.>?

From now on im buying stuff from people who are smart. Asus and gigabyte? Your on the list!

New AMDs in the next few months. No new Nvidia cards until next year. If your shits broke, you might as well go buy.

ASUS cards are pretty expensive. Sure they have a nice cooler, but they're so expensive that they end up being the same price as the lower end of the next performance rung up. If that makes sense. Gigabyte have started voltage locking their cards, so if you want to overclock more than a little bit, might want to steer clear. MSI are the other ones that do three year warranties. Their Lightning cards are super expensive, but if you can find an MSI reference card (eg http://www.digitalstar.com.au/msi-geforce-gtx670-oc-965mhz-gddr5-2gb-pci-e-video-card.html) it's not bad.

It can be hard work finding a card with good warranty coverage. If you buy from Umart they make everything only one year warranty anyway. I think you want at least two.

Fredescu

What do you think of XFX Fred?

I had an XFX 7900GT and the fan started whining after a while. That was a long time ago when fans were tiny though. That's about my only XFX experience, so I don't know! I think in Australia all RMA times are shit and can be measured in weeks, so it's not like in the GAF PC thread where they will choose a manufacturer based on RMA turnaround times.

markot

Banned
It's not broken broken.. . It's just loud... Games and crap all work fine.

Figure I will keep my case open and plug it in only when I wants to game, lucky I got the Intel stuff as back up.

It's a 6950 or 70... I figure buying a new one isn't worth it yet.

Don't want to spend 300 dollarydoos on minor upgrade.

Fredescu

Good news! They got fucked for not honouring warranty a while back so if they try to pull some bullshit on you just say, "Hey, didn't you guys get a ton of massive fines for not doing the right thing in regards to warranties?"

They got fucked because they wouldn't process warranties. The fun part is that video card manufacturers pretty much allow the vendor to determine the warranty period to the customer. So ASUS might give Umart three years warranty, but Umart only advertise one year to their customers, and ASUS don't advertise the three year warranty anywhere. Pretty sure MSYs problem was "Yeah your card is under warranty, but you have to go see ASUS."

Top Bottom