• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Deeku

speaking of japanese food, i ate some pretty average ramen for lunch. they tricked me with their "we're in the michelin food guide!" sticker:/

also i just set up my ps3 , the shoddy tv actually handles games alright!

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
That's this weekend? I didn't notice any furries in town. They must be getting ready late these days. Worth the coin? The theme really put me off this year.

LOL Pretty much.

The bf thinks it's worth the money every year so take that as you will.
I think it's worth it just for the spectacle. Gonna be there all 3 days, plus we're dressing up as The Doctor and Amy for a bit of fun.

Deeku

man i totally just downloaded xcom on ps3 but the install corruptified;____;

didn't even know that was possible...now i have to re download 8gbs:(

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
1001183_543899152333404_885912499_n.jpg

great work target.

did no one think that their Target looks like two o's............

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So that's annoying. Updated Bios on Mobo and now my PC does jack shit. It restarted and went into bios recovery mode, didn't seem to want to find the USB stick with the bios on it to do the recovery.

I get no video on the internal dvi/vga or on my GPU after messing with the only jumper on the system!

Guess I need to try and buy a new board tomorrow. Don't really want to do a new PC upgrade just yet.

I support Shan's views on the hierarchy of Japanese food. Sashimi needs to be included, however.

If you disagree, you mustn't have had CoCo Curry or Go Go Curry.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So I have 3 options for my PC right now. I've just about done everything and i'm still not getting any video out, either from 2 GPUs or the internals of the motherboard. Seems like the bios is just dead.

1) Buy a new motherboard for under $100 and be done.

2) Buy a new rig that doesn't include a GPU. Motherboard, CPU, Ram, Maybe new fan

3) Go all out and upgrade the entire thing.

Not sure which one I should go, I do need to sorta make the decision asap so I can actually get the parts today since places are closed tomorrow.

Unless you've been frustrated with the gaming/general performance you've been getting from your PC, I'd suggest just getting a new motherboard. Apart from being the cheaper option, it's the quickest resolution and saves the redundancy of buying a completely new PC "just because."

Darklord

Banned
Steam sales can really suck arse sometimes. I wanted to find a co-op game for me and my friends. I wanted to try LotR: War of the North. Can't be too expensive right? It's $15 at JB after all without any sale. Search it...$36 ON SPECIAL. And even worse? $9 on the US store. Fuck off with that shit.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Unless you've been frustrated with the gaming/general performance you've been getting from your PC, I'd suggest just getting a new motherboard. Apart from being the cheaper option, it's the quickest resolution and saves the redundancy of buying a completely new PC "just because."

Yea that's the route i'm going to take. I don't need to upgrade just yet and the goal was to do a full upgrade either at the end of the year or early next. After all the next gen games are out and all the new PC hardware.

Shaneus

Yea that's the route i'm going to take. I don't need to upgrade just yet and the goal was to do a full upgrade either at the end of the year or early next. After all the next gen games are out and all the new PC hardware.
What processor do you have? I bought a new mobo a little over a week or so ago because I thought that was gone on my own PC, but turns out it was the PSU. I could try my luck getting a refund from MSY, but I'd rather palm it off to someone here if I can.

Edit: Surgeon Simulator is damn cheap currently on Steam. Woo!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
What processor do you have? I bought a new mobo a little over a week or so ago because I thought that was gone on my own PC, but turns out it was the PSU. I could try my luck getting a refund from MSY, but I'd rather palm it off to someone here if I can.

Edit: Surgeon Simulator is damn cheap currently on Steam. Woo!

Would be nice to have the machine running today though. So I'm just going to head down to the local and buy things!

Shaneus

Bah, that fucking sucks. Because I have it sitting at work as well :(

Same processor, too. Almost tempted to drive/train up and get it for you but today just happens to be one of the busiest Saturdays I've had in forever :/

FWIW, it's this one, I think at MSY for $119 (I might've paid $129?) but I'd get rid of it for a hundred. Literally brand new.

hamchan

So I have 3 options for my PC right now. I've just about done everything and i'm still not getting any video out, either from 2 GPUs or the internals of the motherboard. Seems like the bios is just dead.

1) Buy a new motherboard for under $100 and be done.

2) Buy a new rig that doesn't include a GPU. Motherboard, CPU, Ram, Maybe new fan

3) Go all out and upgrade the entire thing.

Not sure which one I should go, I do need to sorta make the decision asap so I can actually get the parts today since places are closed tomorrow.

What's the point of money if you don't blow it all

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I went with option 1. Mostly since I don't feel the need to actually go for an upgrade just yet, New cards from AMD on the horizon and I can wait to see what sort of mess next gen causes.

New MB and it works! Yay for my diagnostic skills.

markot

Banned
I feel like buying Anno 2070.

Me too >.< But its still kindaaaaaaa expensive... plus I got the new civ 5 xpac to play with... plus ubisoft drm... 3rd-party DRM: Solidshield Tages SAS
3 machine activation limit3rd-party DRM: Solidshield Tages SAS
3 machine activation limit

Top Bottom