• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So.. a week out.. when are they going to give us a decent website that explains what's there.

where's a front page that says

MAP

SCHEDULE

OTHER

We have great pleasure in announcing an Animal Crossing: New Leaf event that will take place at ‪#‎PAXAus‬!

Dropbear Theatre - Saturday 20th July, 4:30pm – 5:30pm

Here is your chance to find out more about Animal Crossing: New Leaf, meet some fellow Animal Crossing fans and hear from the development team in a special Animal Crossing: New Leaf video presentation that will be shown during PAX Australia.

Remember to bring your Nintendo 3DS and Animal Crossing: New Leaf town to PAX!

You don't need to know anything else HOLY!

teekun

So.. a week out.. when are they going to give us a decent website that explains what's there.

where's a front page that says

MAP

SCHEDULE

OTHER

The mobile app has a lot of stuff, I guess? But yeah... I would have expected a totally concrete schedule and everything by now.

But now that I say that, I didn't see that Animal Crossing event anywhere on the app what the fuck :(

I'm going to spend half of PAX clearing out streetpasses, aren't I?

Shaneus

We definitely were not going to be there, until yesterday when things changed! Horize & Frag Labs are local laptop makers (about an hours drive from where I live) and they offered to showcase the game at their booth on their new range of laptops. Super generous offer and we leapt at the chance :D

Coincidentally (I swear, we really had no idea at the time) we just purchased a Horize laptop a little over a month ago for use as our portable demo machine and performance benchmark. We make sure the integrated GPU can run the game smooth on lower settings and the dedicated GPU can run the game on maximum settings 1080p 60.

If you're not running at 60fps it's not a true arcade experience!
Honestly, this has probably made me the most excited for the whole of PAX. Will you be showing it the whole weekend?
Gaz: I think I know where we're sitting all weekend. Hope you planned on bringing cushions and an esky.

Can I get a demo/beta? I swear I won't tell anyone
except all of GAF

Paz

Honestly, this has probably made me the most excited for the whole of PAX. Will you be showing it the whole weekend?
Gaz: I think I know where we're sitting all weekend. Hope you planned on bringing cushions and an esky.

Can I get a demo/beta? I swear I won't tell anyone
except all of GAF
It's not our booth so I can't make a guarantee but James Mckennay at Frag Labs is an awesome fellow and doing everything he can for us, so I'm hopeful we'll be running all weekend. I should really do something nice for that guy now that I think about it.

We're working hard on content that will be in our public pre-alpha release, and that will probably be tied to pre-orders to fund the expensive stuff we have ahead like voice acting. We have a bunch of content that's not quite ready for public showcase (won't be at AVCon or PAX) and we want to get that polished up for the public release so people have something new to get excited about.

The mobile app has a lot of stuff, I guess? But yeah... I would have expected a totally concrete schedule and everything by now.

But now that I say that, I didn't see that Animal Crossing event anywhere on the app what the fuck :(

pay syth to do it for you

HolyCheck

$10 a day and I'll do it 3 times a day :)

HolyCheck

34702_543506362372683_1912287012_n.jpg

Ayaaaa another one

Shaneus

Woo! Pay rise! 46c an hour!
Sweet, did I say I was charging board for you to crash next weekend?

It's not our booth so I can't make a guarantee but James Mckennay at Frag Labs is an awesome fellow and doing everything he can for us, so I'm hopeful we'll be running all weekend. I should really do something nice for that guy now that I think about it.

We're working hard on content that will be in our public pre-alpha release, and that will probably be tied to pre-orders to fund the expensive stuff we have ahead like voice acting. We have a bunch of content that's not quite ready for public showcase (won't be at AVCon or PAX) and we want to get that polished up for the public release so people have something new to get excited about.
Still, I'd be more than happy to be a genuine beta/playtester or what have you (not looking at getting some early access or whatever where feedback is optional... I genuinely want to test it for you guys). Twin-stick games, whilst I'm not necessarily good at them, I absolutely love to play :)

BTW If you're not spruiking your game the entire weekend, I'd love to hang out! Maybe see if any other ranchers are around as well ;)

HolyCheck

Sonic_Jam ;)
(let me know if you don't want this out there, Mr. Paz!)

Good shit! Shame there's no more this guy:
wY02ND4m.jpg

Grandstand or GA?
Oh my gosh, this aus gaming forum scene is a tiny world!

Grandstand :D so excited. We get all the gold pitlane walk shit too

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
At the moment this is the list I currently have for those who have said YES to attending the korean BBQ on friday night.

If I have missed anyone or included someone who isn't actually coming along, Please let me know ASAP.

Arnie
Ani
Shan + BF
Clipper
Rahk
Donc
Ridonk
Kritz
Gaz
Aon
laf
Bern
Holy
Frawd
Me
Jint
Shaneus
Reptile
Vent
Teek

teekun

At the moment this is the list I currently have for those who have said YES to attending the korean BBQ on friday night.

If I have missed anyone or included someone who isn't actually coming along, Please let me know ASAP.

Arnie
Ani
Shan + BF
Clipper
Rahk
Donc
Ridonk
Kritz
Gaz
Aon
laf
Bern
Holy
Frawd
Me
Jint
Shaneus
Reptile

I'm game.

I guess I should fill out the spreadsheet thing whoops.

Danoss/ whoever was interested in the Warped Tour line up a while back? Well the details have just been released.

Vans Warped Tour Australia 2013 lineup

Parkway Drive
The Used
New Found Glory
The Offspring
We Came As Romans
Crown The Empire
Tonight Alive
Hatebreed
The Dangerous Summer
The Summer Set
Kids In Glass Houses
Anarbor
Veara
Mallory Knox
H2o
Rdgldgrn
Simple Plan
For All Those Sleeping
Man Overboard

Vans Warped Tour Australia 2013 tour dates

Friday, 29th November
RNA Showgrounds, Brisbane

Saturday, 30th November
Coffs Harbour, Showground

Sunday, 1st December
Sydney, Barangaroo

Friday, 6th December
Canberra, Exhibition Park

Saturday, 7th December
Melbourne, TBA

Sunday, 8th December
Adelaide, TBA

The only bands I'm really interested in I've already seen so I'll probably give this one a miss. Seems to be a lot of emo bands I'm only vaguely familiar with :p

And me!

(where's the korean BBQ, BTW?)

I'm glad someone remembered to ask. I would have forgotten until it was time to meet :s

I haven't pre-ordered a PS4 despite really wanting one at launch (just never pulled my finger out).

If I want to pre-order one now with the best chance of actually getting on one release day (whenever that is), what's my best bet (online vs bricks and mortar, particular retail chain, etc.)?
To answer my own question (in case any other AusGAFers are thinking about getting a PS4 but haven't pre-ordered yet), both EB Games and JB Hifi are no longer guaranteeing you a console on launch day, even if you pre-order. I found a Dick Smith near me though (Broadway in Sydney) that hadn't taken any pre-orders and (so I was told) were expecting between 3 and 6 units at launch.

Jintor

And the VGCW S5 premiere is tommorrow. And Brave New World finally goddamn releases tonight. And the TF2 update just dropped... faaaaaaarkkkkkk

Rahk

Saw Pacific Rim today.

It was disappointing
aside from the bickering scientists and Hannibal Chau
Me too.

It was alright. Pretty much what I expected with maybe a little too much bad character development. Could have done with a bit more robuts fighting monsters.

Danoss

Danoss/ whoever was interested in the Warped Tour line up a while back? Well the details have just been released.

The only bands I'm really interested in I've already seen so I'll probably give this one a miss. Seems to be a lot of emo bands I'm only vaguely familiar with :p

Thanks for that Shan. That's a pretty pathetic list, not one band I'm interested in seeing. More money to remain in my pocket then.

Arnie
Ani
Shan + BF
Clipper
Rahk
Donc
Ridonk
Kritz
Gaz
Aon
laf
Bern
Holy
Frawd
Me
Jint
Shaneus
Reptile
Vent
Teek

I might be down - might be prepping for the trivia thing that night, should give you some confirmation by tomorrow.

Top Bottom