• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

HwWrXpE.gif

HAVE MY BABIES AGAR!

Danoss

That Warped Tour lineup is dismal.

1999 tour in Noosa was the radness. 16 Yr old me crowdsurfing to MxPX, my boardshorts falling off and Mike Herrera pointing and laughing.

I was at the 2002 one in Sydney. MxPx, Pennywise, Vandals, Bodyjar and whatever other bands I saw and can't remember - all fucking awesome.

Shaneus

That Warped Tour lineup is dismal.

1999 tour in Noosa was the radness. 16 Yr old me crowdsurfing to MxPX, my boardshorts falling off and Mike Herrera pointing and laughing.

Goofy pop punk 4eva.
Holy fucking shit. I never listened to Unwritten Law, but that song... THAT FUCKING SONG. The video is fucking awesome, the Blink 182 callout is awesome, it just fucking rocks. Love the shit out of that song.

I love you. I mean, the song. I love that song. And whenever I hear it, I just remember back to the days of when I'd see awesome music on Rage I'd never seen before or will see again.

Nostalgia fucking overload.

And that guitar/bassline... rad as shit.

Also, I think around that time I liked this and I'm having flashbacks to this as well as this. God damn, if rock/punk/whatever was like that now (unpretentious, fun, kinda clean I guess...) I'd still be listening to it.

Last one.

Jintor

so is there a internet stream of the cricket or what

my friends taught me at least what things mean in it so I figure I'll throw it up on the second monitor while I practice in skullgirls

teekun

Holy fucking shit. I never listened to Unwritten Law, but that song... THAT FUCKING SONG. The video is fucking awesome, the Blink 182 callout is awesome, it just fucking rocks. Love the shit out of that song.

I love you. I mean, the song. I love that song. And whenever I hear it, I just remember back to the days of when I'd see awesome music on Rage I'd never seen before or will see again.

Early 90s pop-punk is what I was raised on. I've got such a soft spot for this shit.
But wow, yeah that warped tour line up is sad as hell. There's a bunch of stuff from a decade or more ago, but none of the stuff I actually want to listen to again.

Danoss

God damn, if rock/punk/whatever was like that now (unpretentious, fun, kinda clean I guess...) I'd still be listening to it.

Not even Unwritten Law are like that now. The lead singer is a drug-fucked wanker and all other band members bailed, who knows who's in the band now. Elva was the last album that was somewhat enjoyable and that was in 2002.

NOFX is a staple for good reason, also Me First and the Gimme Gimmes... c'mon man you've gotta dig them. The Vandals are great, think Blink 182 if they were actually punk and good. Bad Religion are still as great as ever, Against Me! are pretty raw, but they're excellent too. Anti-Flag is one that plenty of people don't like, but I think they're great. I still like Pennywise, though I haven't listened to many of the recent albums, I'm interested to see what they're like now that the old singer is back.

Those last few might be less 'fun', but they're still great listening. There's probably plenty more, but these are the ones that spring to mind immediately.

Nostalgia fucking overload.

And that guitar/bassline... rad as shit.

Also, I think around that time I liked this and I'm having flashbacks to this as well as this. God damn, if rock/punk/whatever was like that now (unpretentious, fun, kinda clean I guess...) I'd still be listening to it.

Last one.
CAn I subscribe to your rock/punk/whatever news letter. I enjoyed those.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Gmg have bioshock for $2 cheaper than getting someone to gift it over steam. Guess I will add it to my games to play list.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Evlcookie do you have numbers for the thursday night meet-up? need to know if it's worth skipping a shift for it.:3

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Evlcookie do you have numbers for the thursday night meet-up? need to know if it's worth skipping a shift for it.:3

I would think at this stage, since it's just an open place and invite, just about everyone who can make it would turn up. So I expect similar numbers to the Korean BBQ night.

I doubt it's just going to be 5 dudes. It will start earlier though and go until we need our beauty sleep or get kicked out.

You're bound to meet everyone at Pax and on the Friday, take the shift for mad Pax spending money.

Stackboy

Danoss/ whoever was interested in the Warped Tour line up a while back? Well the details have just been released.

Urgh, that lineup is awful. Nothing but high pitched pop punk bands and a headliner that played at Soundwave a few months ago.

I was at the 2002 one in Sydney. MxPx, Pennywise, Vandals, Bodyjar and whatever other bands I saw and can't remember - all fucking awesome.

I was at the Gold Coast show, so good. I hope I get to see The Mighty Mighty Bosstones again. Was hoping for them or Rancid, Reel Big Fish or someone else to convince me to buy a ticket. But nope.

Not even Unwritten Law are like that now. The lead singer is a drug-fucked wanker and all other band members bailed, who knows who's in the band now. Elva was the last album that was somewhat enjoyable and that was in 2002.

NOFX is a staple for good reason, also Me First and the Gimme Gimmes... c'mon man you've gotta dig them. The Vandals are great, think Blink 182 if they were actually punk and good. Bad Religion are still as great as ever, Against Me! are pretty raw, but they're excellent too. Anti-Flag is one that plenty of people don't like, but I think they're great. I still like Pennywise, though I haven't listened to many of the recent albums, I'm interested to see what they're like now that the old singer is back.

Those last few might be less 'fun', but they're still great listening. There's probably plenty more, but these are the ones that spring to mind immediately.

You and me have very similar taste
except for Pennywise

OMI

EXPLAIN TRADING CARDS AND THIS SALE

I DONT WANT TO MISS OUTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Someone explain the new trading card sale thingy please.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So i'm making a calender that everyone can sub to so we know when and were things are happening during pax.

Clipper would like to play board games at some stage, So I'm going to pencil that in - if people want to join - for saturday afternoon after lunch or so. I figured those who want to turn up will and those who can't be fucked don't have to.

If anyone else has any ideas as to what we should check out at some stage or events you want to do as a group, let me know.

I still need ideas for saturday and sunday nights events. So give them to me!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So i'm making a calender that everyone can sub to so we know when and were things are happening during pax.

Clipper would like to play board games at some stage, So I'm going to pencil that in - if people want to join - for saturday afternoon after lunch or so. I figured those who want to turn up will and those who can't be fucked don't have to.

If anyone else has any ideas as to what we should check out at some stage or events you want to do as a group, let me know.

I still need ideas for saturday and sunday nights events. So give them to me!

Beer and beer.

Gazunta

LA LA LA LA NOT LISTENING TO ANY TALK ABOUT STEAM SALES MY CREDIT CARD DOES NOT NEED THIS PAIN A WEEK BEFORE PAX LA LA LA LA NOT LISTENING

You can buy the sale cards directly if you just want those.

I'm guessing you don't just want those though...

BUT THEN I WOULD MISS OUT ON THIS SWEET PORTAL 2 BADGE

AND THIS SWEET BACKGROUND

AND THIS COOL EMOTICON

AND I WOULD HAVE TOO MUCH MONEY

AND EVERYONE SAYS MONEY DOESNT MAKE YOU HAPPY

SO I assume that means having less money
will make my family
more happy? I guess?

Shaneus

CAn I subscribe to your rock/punk/whatever news letter. I enjoyed those.
I'm calling it Arpwuh, The Music You Used To Love But Never Remember or Found the Name Of.

Yeah, I never for one moment thought they still would be the same... not many bands from that "era" were exactly stable given the prevalence of drugs in the music scene back then. So strange that with recreational drug usage even higher (excuse the pun) we rarely hear about deaths due to drug overdose in the industry.

Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure a lot of that music I enjoyed (it wasn't my main music obsession, but I still loved it) was because of games like THPS2 and Dave Mirra's Freestyle BMX. The soundtracks in those were fucking incredible. Some of my absolute faves:
Sublime - What I Got
Millencolin - No Cigar
(okay, that was two... :/)

I'm far from an expert in the genre, but as far as bands now go that I think kind of carry on the playful/laid back-yet-rockin' vibe (even though they weren't around back then) is The Hives.

Top Bottom