• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Gazunta

What are the chances of choc showing up at the meet up? :p

100%
he won't

xcom is pretty neat!

yo jint, any tips for newbs?

I am not Jintor but I would just want to say OVERWATCH OVERWATCH OVERWATCH.

Someone talk me out of buying Fez. Or adversely, talk me into buying FTL, which sounds interesting

Fez is for people who like to be made to feel like they're too stupid to know what number between one and forty billion that the programmer was thinking.

Hey guys. Good comic shops in Mlebourne?

when trolls get internships at TV Stations

ktvu_wrong_names_a_l.jpg

What the hell is in Killzone to get an 18+?

FTL is the better game IMO.

Minotaur (on Elizabeth St) is a popular comic shop in Melbourne, not super great but it's easy to find. There's one at the Spring St end of Bourke St too, forget the name. There are also two good ones on Chapel St but as a tourist that may be harder to get to.

Nothing for me yet in the Steam sale.

Minotaur (on Elizabeth St) is a popular comic shop in Melbourne, not super great but it's easy to find. There's one at the Spring St end of Bourke St too, forget the name. There are also two good ones on Chapel St but as a tourist that may be harder to get to.

I'd also recommend All Star Comics on Londsdale. Bit small, but good selection and cool people.

Also, agreed on the Steam sales. Nothing yet. :(

I was spewin' that Minotaur didn't have any Pacific Rim merch when I was over in Melbs on Tuesday.

teekun

I feel like buying Anno 2070.

It's a shame 1404/Dawn of Discovery isn't still for sale on Steam. I like that game so much more than 2070.

The one on Bourke is Classic Comics. Small shop but run but really good guys. I think there's only one on Chapel now though. Alternate Worlds shut down a couple years ago. Now there's just Comics R Us, who have another shop on Bourke in the CBD, just east of Swanston.

Gazunta

Thanks guys. Funnily enough I'm staying on Lonsdale St and im not too far from Elizabeth St so ill take a wander and check 'em out!

So far have resisted all Steamery. Saving up for PAX merch! Speaking of which does anyone know what merch will be available?

Thanks guys. Funnily enough I'm staying on Lonsdale St and im not too far from Elizabeth St so ill take a wander and check 'em out!

How do you like the weather? Some welcome rain for you.

Minotaur is very close to Dungeon Crawl, the only brick and mortar video game store in Melbourne (maybe even Australia?). Check it out as well, the staff is very friendly
and nerdy

r1chard

Last minute plan change means I'm not going to meet all you fine folk on Thursday for beer, but will rather have to wait until Friday for that great pleasure. Absolutely no chance I'm gonna randomly run into an AusGAF during Friday given I don't know what any of you look like :)

BTW, what's the signal for recognition at the BBQ? A carnation pinned to the lapel? Green and gold scarves in the breast pocket?

Imagine my disappointment when I found out the game I purchased wasn't about turning fish on but some weird medical practitioner game. It's amazing what a couple of "t's" can make...

*le sigh*

Danoss

OzGameShop emailed me to inform me I have 20% off code applicable to board games, I'd share it but it doesn't work unless your account has been flagged to be able to use it. If anyone who doesn't have access to this code wants anything, let me know and we can arrange so that can happen.

I have no use for the code as I have more than enough board games as it is and I'd hate to see it go to waste. The code expires Friday, 19th July.

OzGameShop emailed me to inform me I have 20% off code applicable to board games, I'd share it but it doesn't work unless your account has been flagged to be able to use it. If anyone who doesn't have access to this code wants anything, let me know and we can arrange so that can happen.

I have no use for the code as I have more than enough board games as it is and I'd hate to see it go to waste. The code expires Friday, 19th July.

What did you have to do to get the code?

Darklord

Banned
Anyone know any cheaper ways to post an item overseas? I was thinking of joining the candy swap in OT but I looked up shipping prices and it's like $55 for the CHEAP Australia Post shipping. And like $77 for Europe. :\

Anyone know any cheaper ways to post an item overseas? I was thinking of joining the candy swap in OT but I looked up shipping prices and it's like $55 for the CHEAP Australia Post shipping. And like $77 for Europe. :\
no idea. probably something to do with a boat. i am interested to hear an answer for this question though. whats it cost people who moved overseas to live or do they just burn everything and buy new furniture and things

so i just looked at the pax schedual
holy shit there is nothing i care about
few things that i figure ill go to but nothing at all im looking forward too
also first exhibitor on the list?
ENERGIZER fucking really
you guys are going to put the battery people as the first thing
then suddenly everything else is in alphabetical order?
wonder how much they paid for that sweet deal
i bet it wasnt a lot of money at all

Anyone know any cheaper ways to post an item overseas? I was thinking of joining the candy swap in OT but I looked up shipping prices and it's like $55 for the CHEAP Australia Post shipping. And like $77 for Europe. :
Sea mail will be your best way, but it'll be expensive and take ages (three months or longer most places).

You could try Pack Send I guess.

Shipping from France, BTW, is crazy cheap. Under 50 euros for up to 8kg via priority air mail. Took less than a week for us to ship 7kg of stuff home cheaper than we could send a few kg via mail in the other direction.

Fuck Australia Post.

Wouldn't usually share selfies, but I found this in Venice and thought it would make the beginnings of an awesome cosplay/Halloween costume...

Top Bottom