• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Fredescu

What the hell are steam cards and why would I want them >_< Go away!

Theyre like achievements that take up space...
They're like achievements that you get for idling that you can sell and spend the money on more games. So not much like achievements.

markot

Banned
Yours is not to wonder why, yours is just to do or die. The real question is, why would you complain about free money.

Its not free if I have to sell things.

I could dump a million tonnes of sand on your garden. Using your logic, thats free money cause you can sell it!

Fredescu

A million tonnes of sand in reduces the utility of my garden. Cards in your steam inventory doesn't get in your way at all. You could let them sit in there to devalue down to nothing if that's your preference.

magenta

Why would anyone want to buy these stupid things?

Collecting a full set (buying them makes the process quicker) allows you to craft a badge for your steam profile which in turn grants you more exp for your Steam level, new backgrounds for your public profile page and emoticons for steam chat.

How do you get cards without buying them once you run out of drops?

Ah fuck!

I bought System Shock 2 for $5 and now it's $2.50.

BURN EVERYTHING DOWN.

iQUuqIEuipOTf.gif

ibpbCjNo35I8zV.gif

ilnRBXa3tuIwI.gif

iQUuqIEuipOTf.gif

Dead Man

Oi, have you bought your new computer and/or do you have a Steam Account yet?

Me? No new computer, and a good thing I didn't, car needs a new transmission. Always had a steam account, probably before you born too ;) Same name as here, I think. I'm in the AusGAF group.

Dead Man

Holy shit, this is awesome. You catch this in the motorsport thread, DM?
Live DTM stream on YouTube

Pay attention Ecclestone, you money-hungry fuckwit. This is what people having access to watch motorsport looks like.

Yep. Simply perfect for international broadcasting of domestic series. Forget F1, V8SC should learn from this, charging people from overseas to watch a stream is fucked up.

markot

Banned
Also.

There is a chiropractor called nimrod weiner in the catalyst retort I posted.

Nimrod.

Weiner.

What awful patents.

Shaneus

Haha, just as I switched it on, crash!
Did you see both of them? Hell of an introduction to the world of DTM streaming ahaha.

Yep. Simply perfect for international broadcasting of domestic series. Forget F1, V8SC should learn from this, charging people from overseas to watch a stream is fucked up.
They charge people? That IS fucked up. I'd love to know how much money the series actually makes and whether they can justify it. A live stream would get so many more people interested and even bring more ticket sales into the international events like in the US and China.

Dead Man

Also.

There is a chiropractor called nimrod weiner in the catalyst retort I posted.

Nimrod.

Weiner.

What awful patents.

Yes, I do hate when people seek legal protection of intellectual property with names like that.

Did you see both of them? Hell of an introduction to the world of DTM streaming ahaha.

They charge people? That IS fucked up. I'd love to know how much money the series actually makes and whether they can justify it. A live stream would get so many more people interested and even bring more ticket sales into the international events like in the US and China.

Yeah, it's like 50 a year or something, it was free last year, and the first couple races this year were free, then they started charging. TylerD over in the MS thread pays I think, since he loves the series but is in the US. It's pretty fucked up.

Shaneus

Yeah, it's like 50 a year or something, it was free last year, and the first couple races this year were free, then they started charging. TylerD over in the MS thread pays I think, since he loves the series but is in the US. It's pretty fucked up.
It's not free at all here to stream it online, is it? Because I'd almost volunteer to load it up on my PC and Twitch it to him if it would save him some money.

Dead Man

You sure skewered me! Like some crap cheap Japanese food!
Yeah, it doesn't take much.
It's not free at all here to stream it online, is it? Because I'd almost volunteer to load it up on my PC and Twitch it to him if it would save him some money.
Nope. That's what's silly. I can see charging Australians, we can watch it, but to charge people who don't get it on TV seems utterly stupid and a really bad way to grow your audience. Especially since V8SC seems intent on being an international series.

Gazunta

Watching a tv movie about the controversy in Britain when Life of Brian was released, told as if it were a Monty Python sketch.
This scene is Michael Palin and John Cleese disagreeing about how to handle a TV debate. Keep watching.

http://youtu.be/Q8UjASPt1yc
That....that is fucking amazing. Holy shit.

Three day work week whoooooo fuck yeeeeah!! Imaging to draw at least two comics a day so I wouldn't be behind schedule during PAX has been a right bastard lately though :)

Danoss, iv been thinking and i agree with you more that the dnd system isnt the best. the main reason for me at least is that nothings very clear anymore with the introduction of the essentials line and 4e in general things got over complicated. what other systems do you recommend
edit: also i never thought it was the best in case anyone read it like that, i just didnt hate it

Danoss, iv been thinking and i agree with you more that the dnd system isnt the best. the main reason for me at least is that nothings very clear anymore with the introduction of the essentials line and 4e in general things got over complicated. what other systems do you recommend
edit: also i never thought it was the best in case anyone read it like that, i just didnt hate it

Play 3.5~

What's the final time for thursday beer and friday dinner? I might be able to make it for the korean bbq thingy on friday.

Is thursday still happening?

teekun

Just looking at the PAX schedule and really grasping at straws to find a decent number of things I'm interested. I really hope that once I arrive there it all falls into place and I don't find myself bored out of my mind.

I suppose I can always fall back on wandering into the boardgames area and learning some new games?

Hey AusGaf, sorry, I didn't know who else to ask.

So I bought a Animal Crossing 3DS XL from Uk Amazon a few weeks back and its been going great.
Unfortunately now the r button isn't working. And when I say isn't working I mean that the 3ds thinks it is being pushed down all the time.

So can I claim this on warranty? I looked at Nintendo of Australia's Warrantey and it says it won't fix it if
"the Product if it was not supplied by Nintendo in either Australia or New Zealand;"

However the Nintendo of Europe says it won't fix it if:
"the Product if it was purchased outside the European Economic Area;"

So to summarize, am I screwed?

Rahk

So to summarize, am I screwed?
Not sure about the 3DS specifically, but Amazon is usually good about exchanging stuff that breaks. Contact them first and see what they can do. Might be a problem if you're attached to saves or have bought games on the eShop though.

Not sure about the 3DS specifically, but Amazon is usually good about exchanging stuff that breaks. Contact them first and see what they can do. Might be a problem if you're attached to saves or have bought games on the eShop though.
Cheers... I'll talk to Amazon.
I could always move the plethora of games onto another 3ds and then move it back. How many times can I transfer to and from different 3ds. 5?

Thanks.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag

You can back up 3ds saves to an SD card.

Just looking at the PAX schedule and really grasping at straws to find a decent number of things I'm interested. I really hope that once I arrive there it all falls into place and I don't find myself bored out of my mind.

I suppose I can always fall back on wandering into the boardgames area and learning some new games?

This is what I reckon I'll be doing most of the 2 days. Wouldn't mind seeing some new games in action and buying stuff. Don't reckon I'll go see many, if any, panels.

Top Bottom