• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Bernbaum

10 dead. 35 injured. 20 jobs. $13,000. The week echoed in my mind like a gunshot in an empty street..
They don't let me name names on this blog, but the person behind the hit I was investigating is dead now.
He played a dangerous game, and he didn't have the cards.
The trigger man's dead. I thought that would feel good. It did.
I don't know.
Sometimes I think I picked the wrong side.
Maybe that doesn't matter. Maybe all that matters is that I now have the ability to kick down doors.
Either way, I think I need 10ccs of ketamine and a Columbo marathon.

10 dead. 35 injured. 20 jobs. $13,000. The week echoed in my mind like a gunshot in an empty street..
They don't let me name names on this blog, but the person behind the hit I was investigating is dead now.
I don't know.
Maybe that doesn't matter. Maybe all that matters is that I now have the ability to kick down doors.

I love the mans writing but I need at least 50% or more off before I bite. Too many cards to buy man!

Bernbaum

I love the mans writing but I need at least 50% or more off before I bite. Too many cards to buy man!

I think I've made over $2.00 selling stupid non-existent internet cards that don't even really exist to OCD morons.

Which I spent immediately filling the gaps in my own collection of bullshit

hamchan

So Pacific Rim was pretty much Evangelion without all that hokey religious stuff, ie. it was giant mechas beating up giant monsters.

Which made it pretty enjoyable.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
when do get my free 5% discount / credit surplus from havinga nintedo wii u premium pack?

i should be well in the zone for a shit tonne of free eshop money by now

I don't know.

Well, you've sold me.

Hey CP, did anything ever happen with the whole lecturer assignment liberal candidate thing? My cynical guess is of course not.
She set an alternate assignment 75% of the way though the due date so nobody took the alternate assignment anyway.

I know a lot of students gave permission for their assignments to be sent to the Glasson campaign in hopes of a "job" or something.

The trick worked?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
She set an alternate assignment 75% of the way though the due date so nobody took the alternate assignment anyway.

I know a lot of students gave permission for their assignments to be sent to the Glasson campaign in hopes of a "job" or something.

The trick worked?

but 95% of students wouldnt have even started.. so it should be fine.. right?

hamchan

uk-software-unit-1H-2013.png

Wow Nintendo has messed this up so much and I really can't say that they don't deserve these horrible sales.

but 95% of students wouldnt have even started.. so it should be fine.. right?

Marketing and Advertising students are some of the most desperate students I've encountered. Most students don't quite care, including me but wave the "chance" of a "job" or an "internship" in front of them and the whole class tries on the assignment hard and early.

Of course no one in the course got an internship or job at the liberal party despite the candidate and his advisors strongly hinting and offering one to "top students".

They just took our assignments and ran. Funny guys.

Tomb Raider is weird so far, it is going out of its way to be dark and grimy, but there are just too many hilariously bad things that go on that pull you out of the game.
Like what? I thought the characters were pretty cringy but the setting was so beautiful I kind of got lost in it and couldn't see the crappy parts...

So Pacific Rim was pretty much Evangelion without all that hokey religious stuff, ie. it was giant mechas beating up giant monsters.

Well this explains boyfriend's sudden desire to get me to marathon Evangelion and then go see Pacific Rim....

Marketing and Advertising students are some of the most desperate students I've encountered. Most students don't quite care, including me but wave the "chance" of a "job" or an "internship" in front of them and the whole class tries on the assignment hard and early.

Of course no one in the course got an internship or job at the liberal party despite the candidate and his advisors strongly hinting and offering one to "top students".

They just took our assignments and ran. Funny guys.

Well, now that Rudd's back in I doubt it will help anyway :p

CryptiK

Come see me at the CM Storm booth at PAX, if you can beat me(or my team mates) at games you win free stuff. Cant wait not much longer to go :D

Thanks for the suggeations. I figure it comes down to the story I want to tell just I dont know what that is yet. Just been entertaining the idea of creating one fora few years now. I kinda figured I base it around the system I use if that makes sense. My original ideas were based on dnd 4e but it really just doesnt work for a loose story driven game. Ill have a look at all the ones you suggested and see what one takes my fancy and suits me the most. I want to come up with a memorable experience that takes full advantage of a system rather than the equivalent of smashing a square peg in a round hole. And re the 3 hour combat encounter you had, I imagine a lot of it was being on mumble but back in the day ausgaf spent 1 whole night just fighting 1 pack of kobolds or something. Everything I remember of our time with it was the things that happened outside of the combat. I get that people find counting up numbers fun and I do to a point but when thats all there is, and theyve made it to hard to even do that ita time to move on from 4e.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい

And without characters you actually *care* about.

:p

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Like the gratuitous cam blood splatter when Lara is cutting up the deer. So stupid.

That didn't bother me all too much, I honestly got used to it pretty quickly.

I still think the game was amazing, One of my GOTYs for this year. I don't know why, Something about it was just a joy to play. Dishonored and at this stage Bioshock Inf are also on that list, Getting towards the end of Bio at the moment.

Jintor

The person I'm supposedly staying with in Melbourne hasn't been in contact for like a week now and i'm getting increasingly antsy. Where are you lot staying? Gonna see if there's any el cheapo (or expensive at this late date I'm guessing) places around I can snag before I jet in on Thursday and discover I've got to camp in a park.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So I had my colonoscopy and gastroscopy yesterday, Good fun! I have to say, being under GA is excellent. You don't even know when you pass out or wake up. I need some of that for a good night sleep.

Looks like my gallbladder is my major issue, So hopefully it doesn't give me too much trouble during pax. Gotta stay off the fatty foods, which is going to be just about impossible until I see the docs on monday.

As for PAX. I'm writing up the general guide at the moment inbetween actually trying to work. Hopefully will have that posted a few times before thursday.

r1chard

Played ep 1 of Walking Dead last night. It's actually as good as all that.

evl: cor, a colonoscopy and gastroscopy in one go? That's keen. Good luck with the results. General is a bunch of fun though isn't it? Of course I say this as someone who has never partaken in recreational drugs, lol :)

Gazunta

I discovered the other night that the hotel I'm staying at is pricing rooms for this weekend at 10 times the price I booked it at back in March. And that's not PAX price gouging, it's just how hotel pricing works. I'm in the wrong business.

Jintor

I think I better discover which of my other melbourne friends will lend me a couch because wowowowow these prices

my fault obviously but wowowowow

Stackboy

Pacific Rim was excellent, great robot/monster action and fantastic Del Toro touches.

Not doing too badly in the Steam sale.

Just had some great nostalgic times at work reminiscing about Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 with a friend.

Fredescu

I discovered the other night that the hotel I'm staying at is pricing rooms for this weekend at 10 times the price I booked it at back in March. And that's not PAX price gouging, it's just how hotel pricing works. I'm in the wrong business.

Just put a couple more floors on the shed. Done.

Danoss

So I had my colonoscopy and gastroscopy yesterday, Good fun! I have to say, being under GA is excellent. You don't even know when you pass out or wake up. I need some of that for a good night sleep.

Looks like my gallbladder is my major issue, So hopefully it doesn't give me too much trouble during pax. Gotta stay off the fatty foods, which is going to be just about impossible until I see the docs on monday.

Hopefully it's an easy fix where diet or whatever can help your body repair itself.

To stay off the fatty foods, pack some sandwiches, maybe some Saos with vegemite or something, fruit and plenty of water and you'll be fine.

Jintor

max payne 3: $13 for a game i won't actually play yes/no

I should probably play mp1 and 2 first. and alan wake. all of which i own and have not played

OH GOD DISHONOURED FOR $16 BUY BUY BUY

Rahk

Weekend prices are always iffy.

I know rahk booked like 2 weeks ago and got something for cheap.
Was almost 4 weeks ago, but yeah I got lucky on some site that I found out had horrible reviews (the site itself) after I booked. Confirmed with the hotel that it did go through, so it worked out fine though.

panic mode rescinded, friend got in touch

still, how much did you berks end up paying for 2/3 night's?
Ended up being $380 for 4 nights in a seemingly good 4 star hotel.

At the very worst you probably could have gotten cheap accommodation at a youth hostel.

Jintor

Eh, would have been 50 p/night even at a few places where the reviews were like 'glass in shower' and 'bartender got attacked while i was there'

evlcookie

but ever so delicious

Staying 4 nights. It's somewhere around the $900 mark for me!

staying at the crown cause I'm special

Hopefully it's an easy fix where diet or whatever can help your body repair itself.

To stay off the fatty foods, pack some sandwiches, maybe some Saos with vegemite or something, fruit and plenty of water and you'll be fine.

Yea. My Dad had stones and my Mums just barely worked. So i'm guessing I could have either situation. I do think it's more diet related, Will tell the docs on monday and get some sort of test after and take it from there.

So far, My attempt to actually start the gym has been hindered by all of this crap. In theory, It could be a good thing. Might be forced to start a new diet + gym = sexy cookie.

PACIFIC RIM! Watch it guys.

Need a directors cut will less humans and more badass fights.

Pacific Rim was excellent, great robot/monster action and fantastic Del Toro touches.

I'm happy to see more praise coming from people about this flick. It was so damn perfect for a summer blockbuster.

Unfortunately not enough people are watching it and it isn't making enough money. :(

max payne 3: $13 for a game i won't actually play yes/no

I should probably play mp1 and 2 first. and alan wake. all of which i own and have not played

Buying! Hope it's good.

Was $7.50 from GetGames not that long ago!

Check Target/KMart. Was as low as $4 when they were running them out a while back. $17 posted is okay though.

Actually try EB too! I think pre-owned was around $12

ALSO

EB does indeed have 30% extra trade ins towards a Steam Wallet voucher. Can trade ANY game in which is nice as the Steam ad said 'selected'.

Xbox GoD sale again
Resident Evil 5 for $10 or 600 allards
Dark Void for $5 or 320 allards
Lost Planet 2 for $10 or 600 allards
Assassins Creed 1 for $10 or 600 allards for GOLD members only
Assassins Creed 2 for FREE for GOLD members only
Assassins Creed 2.1 Brotherhood for $10 or 600 allards for GOLD members only

Also see this Shaneus? F1 2013 Legends Mode!

Codemasters has just revealed F1 2013, the latest instalment in the Formula One series, which will include a host of classic 80s F1 content introduced by the now-retired voice of F1, Murray Walker.

You'll be able to compete against legendary F1 drivers like Mario Andretti, Nigel Mansell, Emerson Fittipaldi and Gerhard Berger on classic circuits such as Brands Hatch and Jerez in iconic 1980s cars from Williams, Lotus and Ferrari. This new content will make up F1 2013's new 'Classics' mode.

Didn't like it?

didn't hate it but I don't get the glowing reviews. Perlman aside, It just felt a bit forced, cliched and a litte bit meh. I think I've gone off movies that wear their cheesiness like a badge of honor (or as an excuse to be shit). I don't mean this as an insult to PR, just that it felt like they were trying to do Transformers meets Godzilla without paying royalties to Hasbro, Toho or whoever owns Voltron. The guy who does the
"so you think you're a hotshot schtick, but you're a loose cannon who will get us all killed" made me hate the film, then the Milli Vanilli syncronised dancing when the pilots were drifting, then the weird sound mix where I could barely understand what anyone was saying for the first hour

anyway. I'll be lone voice of unreason on this thread when it comes to PR. Looking forward to World's End in early August then Elysium.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
AUSGAF PAX INFORMATION - CAPS!

I've made a google calender that should now be public, If all went well. It outlines the events for the group and when / where / includes map locations as well. If you want, search AUSGAF PAX.

Google Calender
XML
iCal
HTML

PAX Public Transport For The Event
Mobile Applications to help you get around Melbourne
http://ptv.vic.gov.au/getting-around/mobile-apps/

Android:Get train trapper instead of metro’s one as well, It’s pretty fucking good. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tincan.traintimes&hl=en

Tram Tracker is available on both platforms for Tram times / routes
iOS
Android

Public Night Events

Thursday

Time: 5:30PM - Till Late
Notes: Melbournians will probably turn up at 5:30 - 6PM outside somewhere. Everyone else is more than welcome to come along at their own pace.

Friday

Time: 8PM - Late
Melbourne, VIC
Notes: Try to turn up a little earlier so we can all meet up outside. I will try and be there around 7:30 waiting for people. If you’ve put your name down, For the love of god turn up!

Saturday:

Clippers Board Games
Time: 1PM
Location: Somewhere in the board game PAX room. Just keep shouting for clipper. I will come along and attempt to learn some form of board game.

Night
Time: 7/8PM onwards

Sunday:

No fucking idea.

Correcting stuff / formatting later.

Clipper

My room is $315 for 4 nights... Looks like booking really early has paid off quite well for me. It's a budget room, though, so I don't really know if it'll be worth it... but it's cheap :D

AUSGAF PAX INFORMATION - CAPS!

I've made a google calender that should now be public, If all went well. It outlines the events for the group and when / where / includes map locations as well. If you want, search AUSGAF PAX.

Google Calender
XML
iCal
HTML

PAX Public Transport For The Event
Mobile Applications to help you get around Melbourne
http://ptv.vic.gov.au/getting-around/mobile-apps/

Android:Get train trapper instead of metro’s one as well, It’s pretty fucking good. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tincan.traintimes&hl=en

Tram Tracker is available on both platforms for Tram times / routes
iOS
Android

Public Night Events

Thursday

Time: 5:30PM - Till Late
Notes: Melbournians will probably turn up at 5:30 - 6PM outside somewhere. Everyone else is more than welcome to come along at their own pace.

Friday

Time: 8PM - Late
Melbourne, VIC
Notes: Try to turn up a little earlier so we can all meet up outside. I will try and be there around 7:30 waiting for people. If you’ve put your name down, For the love of god turn up!

Saturday:

Clippers Board Games
Time: 1PM
Location: Somewhere in the board game PAX room. Just keep shouting for clipper. I will come along and attempt to learn some form of board game.

Night
Time: 7/8PM onwards

Sunday:

No fucking idea.

Correcting stuff / formatting later.

Good stuff. Going to be in the city Thursday night, so I'll be sure to pop into Beer Deluxe.

Top Bottom