• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Shaneus

Starting to feel buyers remorse, trying to rationalise with the tax return and overtime from past week covering it...

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1411&products_id=23757

Fair upgrade from my i7860 and 2x5870s
They reference 5870s? Wanna get rid of one of them? Cheap?

That reminds me, thanks in advance for BioShock Infinite if it goes cheap again.
Not liking your chances if this is what's coming up in the poll:
vOH6Gnn.png

I'm happy to see more praise coming from people about this flick. It was so damn perfect for a summer blockbuster.

Unfortunately not enough people are watching it and it isn't making enough money. :(

That's why we have to watch it again. And again.

I'm up for a re-watch thursday or friday night after PAX if anyone is interested. Saturday and sunday will also do.

I still can't believe we were watching the same film, Jables

Clive, just watch this and maybe you will get it.

Ningo

They reference 5870s? Wanna get rid of one of them? Cheap?

Yea, I'm gonna give my comp to my brother but he doesn't play games so should be no biggie.

They're standard sapphire 5870s and one I only bought in mid 2011. So I should be able to match the serial to the box?

Once my new comp arrives I'll send you a pm. Hoping it comes Friday, the email says build and test complete on thurs and express courier by toll from melb to adelaide after that.

AUSGAF PAX INFORMATION - CAPS!

Public Night Events

Thursday

Time: 5:30PM - Till Late
Notes: Melbournians will probably turn up at 5:30 - 6PM outside somewhere. Everyone else is more than welcome to come along at their own pace.

Friday

Time: 8PM - Late
Melbourne, VIC
Notes: Try to turn up a little earlier so we can all meet up outside. I will try and be there around 7:30 waiting for people. If you’ve put your name down, For the love of god turn up!

Saturday:

Clippers Board Games
Time: 1PM
Location: Somewhere in the board game PAX room. Just keep shouting for clipper. I will come along and attempt to learn some form of board game.

Night
Time: 7/8PM onwards

Sunday:

No fucking idea.

Correcting stuff / formatting later.

Nice work cookie. I can do thursday 6pm beer, probably skip friday because I don't think I will be able to eat anything at the korean bbq (A mate told me what happens in korean bbq, and I don't eat meat). Saturday sounds good but I have evening shift at PAX, will see if I can switch to another shift.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Nice work cookie. I can do thursday 6pm beer, probably skip friday because I don't think I will be able to eat anything at the korean bbq (A mate told me what happens in korean bbq, and I don't eat meat). Saturday sounds good but I have evening shift at PAX, will see if I can switch to another shift.

yeh imgoing to have to bail on korean bbq too unless my tax moneycomes in.

cant afford it atm

Lirrik

I didn't win a ticket :(
They had a registration desk where they checked your ID and if you are on the list, but you could actually walk in as if you were going to see some movie and sneak into the queue for Battlefield 4, they didn't control it or check anything afterwards.
Though nothing new actually, same old singleplayer demos and their PC crashed showing it (lol).
There was Q&A, but mostly confirmation of what we already knew, anything else was "I can't tell you / I am not sure".
Premium info coming in few weeks; no Oculus Rift support; FIFA animation was used in Battlefield 3; there will be new multiplayer modes; server renting available on consoles day one; yes, that is Michael K. Williams (aka Omar from The Wire) acting in single campaign.

Because we're in Germany, I bought Die Siedler von Catan - Das Schnelle Kartenspiel (Settlers of Catan card game). It's in German so we'll see how that goes.

Also two of the mini Carcassonne addons (the robber and mage/witch ones).

Toy shops have MASSIVE board game sections, and they're so cheap (eg. Pandemic costs €14). I'll tweet a couple of pictures for those who follow me there.

Time to go to the original Hofbrauhaus... :)

Not liking your chances if this is what's coming up in the poll:
vOH6Gnn.png
No big deal. Either when it goes cheap again or I get impatient.

Darklord

Banned
So it turns out I'm going to PAX on Friday. I was given a ticket by someone who can't go. Yay! I've never met any of you guys but I'd like to go to the friday night BBQ thing if I can get there, how exactly will I know who to introduce myself to? I don't want to awkwardly stumble around the place, meeting a bunch of strangers is awkward enough for me but after being dumped and a friend dying the same day Ryan Davis died last week, I'd like to get out and meet a few new faces.

Gazunta

System Shock 2 scores poorly on my new review system, which is 'How much is this game like Rainbow Islands?'

Rainbows: 0
Jumping: 0
Enemies turn into fruit when you beat them: 0
Everything is Cute: 0
Is called Rainbow Islands: 0

Overall score for System Shock 2: 0/10

Agyar

System Shock 2 scores poorly on my new review system, which is 'How much is this game like Rainbow Islands?'

Boo this system.

The gunplay is pretty similar though, that should make it a 2 at the very least.

This kind of headline is fucking poison for the public perception of your product Microsoft. The day all that NSA shit hit the front pages you should have been putting out press releases in your defense to avoid this kind of shit.

Also CAPCPOM (& friends) sale on Xbox
Mega Man 9 for 400 allards
Mega Man 10 for 400 allards
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD for 600 allards
Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike Fight For The Future Online Edition for 300 allards
Final Fight Double Impact for 400 allards
Mortal Kombat Arcade for 400 allards

ALSO HEY KRITZ BREAK OUT THE XBOX

Ok, who here is a terrible person that hasn't played System Shock 2? It is currently 2.50 on steam. Buy it.

I must be a terrible person. I'm not even planning on spending $2.50 on it. Just bought Dishonored and Don't Starve, so I think I'm done for now.

What DLC for Sleeping Dogs is good now that it's 75% off?

Year of the Snake, North Point and Zodiac are all fun. The rest are pointless clothes or guns. Though having said that, it is fun running around as Agent 47.

Shaneus

Please hold the phone out like that at all times or I will not be able to recognize you. :p

Also, nice beard! I hope it has grown since then. I've stopped using clippers to keep the length of mine in check and am starting to get some length off the chin and such, it's pretty neat.
Did I know you were coming? I don't think I knew you were coming.

This is rad.

You can't post that without posting this. Come on, man!

I would kill for some chicken right now but I really gotta start losing some weight, put on some this year already :(

Any good tips for dieting correctly?

Gazunta

This kind of headline is fucking poison for the public perception of your product Microsoft. The day all that NSA shit hit the front pages you should have been putting out press releases in your defense to avoid this kind of shit.

Also CAPCPOM (& friends) sale on Xbox
Mega Man 9 for 400 allards
Mega Man 10 for 400 allards
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD for 600 allards
Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike Fight For The Future Online Edition for 300 allards
Final Fight Double Impact for 400 allards
Mortal Kombat Arcade for 400 allards

ALSO HEY KRITZ BREAK OUT THE XBOX
Thanks for the heads up, just grabbed Street Fighter 3. I will never play it. I haven't turned my 360 on in months now. But I haven't bought a Street Fighter game in, like, a month now and I was getting the shakes.

When's Ultra Street Fighter 4 coming out?

And I stand by my new review system and just wish I thought of it when I was at GameSpot I could have changed the world.

I would kill for some chicken right now but I really gotta start losing some weight, put on some this year already :(

Any good tips for dieting correctly?

Cut out as much processed stuff as possible. Easier said then done.

Thanks for the heads up, just grabbed Street Fighter 3. I will never play it. I haven't turned my 360 on in months now. But I haven't bought a Street Fighter game in, like, a month now and I was getting the shakes.

When's Ultra Street Fighter 4 coming out?

And I stand by my new review system and just wish I thought of it when I was at GameSpot I could have changed the world.

Good choice on third strike. Early next year for ultra they reckon.

Top Bottom