• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Bernbaum

The entire Steam Card/Badge/Postcard marketplace is an economy built entirely out of things that don't exist.

Valve discovered a way to make money literally out of nothing.

Danoss

Danoss just wanted to say I have very little idea what you just said but I really enjoyed reading it.

A friend of mine is running one of the D&D tables at PAX so it'll probably the first time I will play it in like decades.

13th Age sounds pretty sweet, might make that the Christmas present for the bro-in-law.

It's been so long since I played d&d I have no idea what you are talking about, but keep it up. I miss PnP roleplaying.

Sorry if there was a bit too much lingo in there, I've been embedded in the culture enough to not even know what I might have written that would have been difficult to comprehend. I'm glad that it might have at least been interesting to read.

If anything caught your interest, be sure to note your interest in the online game when it eventuates. I couldn't be any greener on the GM front, so there's no issue if you're rusty.

13th Age might be on show at PAX, so keep your eye out. The book is near bursting at the seams, they couldn't have fit any more content in there if they tried (it looks gorgeous too, at least the PDF does, can't wait to hold it in my hands). The next book is already planned and sounds incredible, with content they literally couldn't fit in the first one and plenty more delicious things.

Hahaha, perfect! :D

Speaking of which, I had my second appointment today. Got my midday dosage bumped up, enough scripts to keep me going until October and it can be revised again then if necessary. Spoke about CBT and Mindfulness and whatnot, she said that I should see a Psychologist for that as the treatment is time consuming; she could do it, but it's hard for her to handle the medication and do that treatment too. I was told to see my GP and he can arrange that. I expected as much, my GP said that was likely to be the case when I first saw him for a referral. Progress!

Fredescu

The entire Steam Card/Badge/Postcard marketplace is an economy built entirely out of things that don't exist.

If I was a smarter man I would make a clever joke about Tony Abbott and invisible things like carbon. Just assume that I did though, and that it was funny. And poignant.

Packed away the toilet training seat today. Little guy hadn't used it in at least a month but it felt weird thinking of taking it out of the toilet room.

At least Valve hasn't taxed it as hard as Juliar did our invisible commodities :(

Good enough Fred?

Bernbaum

If I was a smarter man I would make a clever joke about Tony Abbott and invisible things like carbon. Just assume that I did though, and that it was funny. And poignant.

We'd all have been entertained AND felt smarter for having understood your highbrow remark.

uk-software-unit-1H-2013.png

It will be interesting to see how the 360 / PS3 hardware and software comparison goes as we head towards the end of the year; it appears that the gap seems to be closing and Sony came out on top on that last month. Will the arguable stronger line up for Sony over the coming months, combined with consume backlash towards the XOne give PS3 a stronger consumer mindshare heading into next gen?

UK is Xbox land. Used to be Ninty land too.....
PS3 is huge in Europe but not as much in the UK.
Overall though PS3 has sold more worldwide than the 360, or is around that mark by now.

Those PC figures are dubious. I'm pretty sure I bought that many games in the winter Steam sale alone.

Top right hand corner of the picture chap. Second last word up there.

Jintor

I have a wii. I have no idea where. It's probably in a plastic box somewhere. I just ask because I'll have to do something once I finish W101 and Bayo 2 if Smash isn't out by then

Shaneus

Top right hand corner of the picture chap. Second last word up there.
Don't get smart with me.

I can't believe how much Nintendo stuffed it up.
lol yeah, it really is. I'm inclined to say that the Wii U is Nintendo's Dreamcast, but I'm pretty sure they actually managed to sell some Dreamcasts. They also had more than four good games.

Interested.

$7.50 for what's possibly the definitive version of one of my most-played games ever sounds like an excellent price.
Should I be interested? I have AoE3 on GFWL when they had it on sale for a buck.
Edit: No, no, no. Too many games already. Holding back.

Omikron

Tomb Raider is weird so far, it is going out of its way to be dark and grimy, but there are just too many hilariously bad things that go on that pull you out of the game.

Huh, this Civ 5 Expansion is alright but I still prefer Civ 4. I don't even know why anymore.

Oh yeah, it had Mao and Stalin.

Hey CP, did anything ever happen with the whole lecturer assignment liberal candidate thing? My cynical guess is of course not.

markot, you could buy one of these 7970s for $300: http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=1092512

This 90 day wait to see the buy/sell forums on OCAU is a pain in the ass. I just got a new 7970 for $339.

Packed away the toilet training seat today.

We're proud of you buddy!

Okay, I'm going to buy AOE 2 HD.

Anyone want in on a four pack?

Would've been so up for it before I grabbed it yesterday. soz

Shaneus

Huh. Turns out that WiiU software figure includes the bundled copies of Nintendoland with the hardware. That's interesting.
Well, if they didn't then they'd have to show copies sold for Wii U exactly and not rounded to the nearest thousand.

Because they'd be less than a thousand.

Well, if they didn't then they'd have to show copies sold for Wii U exactly and not rounded to the nearest thousand.

Because they'd be less than a thousand.

Laugh it up Vita boy :)

It's funny because more than 1/3 of Vita games are bought digitally so it easily outsold WiiU software lol

Shaneus

Is anyone else really surprised with the upswing in Vita popularity? I can't recall such a late upswing, especially with a system that was essentially DOA.

Top Bottom