• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Clipper

Oh and for board games, here's what I am planning to bring down, although I don't know which I'll have with me on Saturday, nor if I'll be able to fit all my clothes in the suitcase... :

• Discworld: Ankh Morpork
  • Battlestar Galactica
  • Doctor Who: The Card Game
  • Munchkin (11 different varieties, including the just released Munchkin Legends, one of very few copies in Australia as it's exclusive to US Target)
  • Chez Geek
  • Innovation
  • A Game of Thrones (card game)

If there's anything else anyone particularly wants to play or try out from my collection, let me know and I might bring it instead of something.

It might be nice to get some ideas on number of people interested in playing too...

jambo

So if I just bought some DVD's of TV shows and want to rip individual episodes to my pc, what's the easiest way of doing that?

1. Download various software for decoding, ripping, converting and finalising.
2. Install software.
3. Stare blankly at overly complex menus and options.
4. Swear and get angry at overly complex menus and options.
5. Download torrents instead.
6. Drink beer.

Dead Man

2. Install software.
6. Drink beer.

Done all that, but torrents of them seem not to exist.

PC or Mac? PC I use DVD Decrypter and then AutoGK to convert to avi.
PC.
Handbrake, my good man.
Thanks, I'll try both of those methods.

2. Install software.
6. Drink beer.

what he said

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
yeh so im broke

does anyone want to pay me and aniseed to run their 3ds street and spot passes for the weekend :p

it will be beer and bus moneys

didn't hate it but I don't get the glowing reviews. Perlman aside, It just felt a bit forced, cliched and a litte bit meh. I think I've gone off movies that wear their cheesiness like a badge of honor (or as an excuse to be shit). I don't mean this as an insult to PR, just that it felt like they were trying to do Transformers meets Godzilla without paying royalties to Hasbro, Toho or whoever owns Voltron. The guy who does the
"so you think you're a hotshot schtick, but you're a loose cannon who will get us all killed" made me hate the film, then the Milli Vanilli syncronised dancing when the pilots were drifting, then the weird sound mix where I could barely understand what anyone was saying for the first hour

anyway. I'll be lone voice of unreason on this thread when it comes to PR. Looking forward to World's End in early August then Elysium.

Totally understand your views mate. Don't totally disagree with you either.

Not sure if you read my thoughts here. But I loved the fact that the movie wasn't taking itself too serious and was actually a lot of fun. Can totally see people now wanting to buy into the cheese though.

World's End is going to be awesome. Can't wait.
Apparently the weaker of the 3 movies but that's probably to be expected. Supposed to be still great though.

I will be selling my Sunday pass too. Well, won't need it after early afternoon Saturday so if someone wants to go to the late Sat stuff it could be good for that too.

Oh and for board games, here's what I am planning to bring down, although I don't know which I'll have with me on Saturday, nor if I'll be able to fit all my clothes in the suitcase... :

• Discworld: Ankh Morpork
  • Battlestar Galactica
  • Doctor Who: The Card Game
  • Munchkin (11 different varieties, including the just released Munchkin Legends, one of very few copies in Australia as it's exclusive to US Target)
  • Chez Geek
  • Innovation
  • A Game of Thrones (card game)

If there's anything else anyone particularly wants to play or try out from my collection, let me know and I might bring it instead of something.

It might be nice to get some ideas on number of people interested in playing too...

Nice collection mate.

Saturday:

Clippers Board Games
Time: 1PM
Location: Somewhere in the board game PAX room. Just keep shouting for clipper. I will come along and attempt to learn some form of board game.

Rezbit and I might need to swing by and beat everyone at games.

Shaneus

Also Shaneus, let me know if you want some booze or comic books for letting me sleep on your couch!
Nothing yet... it's a small couch! Also, let me know if you have any particular kind of cereal for breakfast. I don't have any at all (I normally just grab a nut... bar) so if that's your thing, I'll need a heads-up.

I don't really do breakfast. Unless it is alcoholic really.

Wait, is yours a 3-day pass? Keep in mind that it may not be transferable if so...

Wait really? How come? Isn't it just a bit of plastic on a lanyard? I thought we only need to bring ID to get into the 18+ areas and that it wasn't linked to the ticket at all?

Jintor

hmmm, flying in at 4:40 on thursday, could make the thursday event, but will defs see you all at the friday event. although I hope some of you either have a giant sign saying 'NEO GAF' or are wearning the plane shirt because I don't recognise people. At all. Ever.

hmmm, flying in at 4:40 on thursday, could make the thursday event, but will defs see you all at the friday event. although I hope some of you either have a giant sign saying 'NEO GAF' or are wearning the plane shirt because I don't recognise people. At all. Ever.

Hooray!

Just look for the huge table :p I'll wear my gaf shirt on thursday though, and I think Jambo has one too. Not that you'll be able to see it under all the layers, because Beer Deluxe is outside in the cold...

jambo

Sorry rep, checked and he has Sat and Sun badges. The only one without a Sun badge was our 4th person who ended up dropping out.

I'll wear my bright red, THIS IS NEOGAF DUDE shirt on Friday to help.

Clipper

Wait really? How come? Isn't it just a bit of plastic on a lanyard? I thought we only need to bring ID to get into the 18+ areas and that it wasn't linked to the ticket at all?

I'm just not sure if the tickets are what we'll be using at the convention itself, given we need to go to the counter to get the stuff. Most conventions these days use waterproof bracelets that you need to wear the whole time, in which case they become nontransferable.

This is just my supposition, though. There may be info out there already that shows that it will be possible to transfer your pass.

uk-software-unit-1H-2013.png

I'm just not sure if the tickets are what we'll be using at the convention itself, given we need to go to the counter to get the stuff. Most conventions these days use waterproof bracelets that you need to wear the whole time, in which case they become nontransferable.

This is just my supposition, though. There may be info out there already that shows that it will be possible to transfer your pass.

the going to table thing is to show id to get an 18+ bracelet so you can see R rated games

that is all

senahorse

Wally, telling it how it is :D

ORIGIN royalty Wally Lewis has launched an extraordinary attack on the Blues' attempts to influence the referees ahead of tomorrow night's series decider.
Much of the talk before Game 2 centred on who would get the rub of the green at Suncorp Stadium as both sides jockeyed for favours from whistleblowers.
Ahead of one of Origin's biggest ever clashes, NSW coach Laurie Daley amped up the spotlight on officials by yesterday stating: "Being at home, you'd like to think that you might get a few of those (calls) go your way.''
Lewis said he was gobsmacked by the coach's plea for aid at ANZ Stadium.

"That will do me,'' the Maroons great told Sky Sports Radio.
"That's as good as I've heard. That's just saying, 'Mate, we're playing in Sydney so you've got to give us a few penalties'. "It just astounds me how they make this accusation about Queenslanders getting all the calls from referees. "Queensland haven't had a (local) referee since Eddie Ward refereed and I think that was in 1997, or '96.
"So don't tell us (about getting favourable calls). We can't even get a Queensland referee appointed to a State of Origin game. "I've basically had a gutful of the accusations that Queenslanders get the good calls from the referees.'' The former Queensland captain claimed the Maroons had built their seven-year dominance of the interstate clashes by playing better footy, not relying on referees. "If you dictate terms out in the middle, it doesn't matter what the opposition come up with or what the referees decide, you're going to get there,'' he said.

Read more: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/br...es/story-e6frfkp9-1226680123812#ixzz2ZBsTgisP

Ventron

AUSGAF PAX INFORMATION - CAPS!

I've made a google calender that should now be public, If all went well. It outlines the events for the group and when / where / includes map locations as well. If you want, search AUSGAF PAX.

Google Calender
XML
iCal
HTML

PAX Public Transport For The Event
Mobile Applications to help you get around Melbourne
http://ptv.vic.gov.au/getting-around/mobile-apps/

Android:Get train trapper instead of metro’s one as well, It’s pretty fucking good. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tincan.traintimes&hl=en

Tram Tracker is available on both platforms for Tram times / routes
iOS
Android

Public Night Events

Thursday

Time: 5:30PM - Till Late
Notes: Melbournians will probably turn up at 5:30 - 6PM outside somewhere. Everyone else is more than welcome to come along at their own pace.

Friday

Time: 8PM - Late
Melbourne, VIC
Notes: Try to turn up a little earlier so we can all meet up outside. I will try and be there around 7:30 waiting for people. If you’ve put your name down, For the love of god turn up!

Saturday:

Clippers Board Games
Time: 1PM
Location: Somewhere in the board game PAX room. Just keep shouting for clipper. I will come along and attempt to learn some form of board game.

Night
Time: 7/8PM onwards

Sunday:

No fucking idea.

Correcting stuff / formatting later.

Awesome!
(Quoting this so I can get it later through my post history)

Missing out on all the awesome AusGAF PAX meets :(

Drinking beer poured straight out of the barrel at a 450-year-old brewery in their beer garden :)

Top Bottom