• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

1) Pikmin was never a big hitter. At the end of the day, in spite of the Nintendo effect, it's still an RTS and its characters are not as iconic as some in Nintendo's stable.

2) Hardware variations boost sales, but won't suddenly turn an unpopular console popular

3) I think NSMB is the kind of series now that you buy once you've committed to a hardware purchase, rather than one you buy the system for. Same with DKC. Besides, the series has been mishandled by the company, mostly because they've done very little to differentiate each entry from its predecessors.

Pikmin 1 and 2 are the 10th and 11th best selling gamecube games in Japan, It's not far behind something like Resident Evil there.

point 2 and 3 are spot on. All this shows is that the Pikmin audience is mostly part of the main Nintendo audience which already picked up the system.

Omikron

Another big sporting event, time for the real score. seems it was 10 arrests to 27 evictions.

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/l...nb3YuYXUlMkZtZWRpYSUyRjMxMzY0Lmh0bWwmYWxsPTE=

During the operation 27 people were ejected from the ground by police and security officers for a number of offences including intoxication, anti-social behaviour and failing to quit licensed premises.

A total of 10 people were arrested and dealt with by police for a range of offences including entering the field, throwing an object/missile, offensive behaviour, trespass and assault.

teekun

So, my room isn't ready. Now to wander around the city for an hour and a bit until a lunch meeting with a mate.

You stumbled on one hell of a day to wander around the city. Probably the best weather we've had in months. Shame it won't hold for the weekend :(

Another big sporting event, time for the real score. seems it was 10 arrests to 27 evictions.

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/l...nb3YuYXUlMkZtZWRpYSUyRjMxMzY0Lmh0bWwmYWxsPTE=

I want the $50 I lost last night because of that streaking piece of shit.

Clipper

So which side of Beer DeLuxe are we meeting at tonight? Flinders St or on the inside square area (just checking it out now?).

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So which side of Beer DeLuxe are we meeting at tonight? Flinders St or on the inside square area (just checking it out now?).

There's really only one side, Out the front would be an answer. People should be floating around there unless it's raining then maybe inside.

Outside should be the first place.

Jintor

I board at 2:30 :T

I forgot that you don't need to allow for an extra two billion hours for domestic flights, since i never take them

I wish my laptop could play civ v

zMRyCMN.gif

Anyway, you coming to PAX?

PS. AusGAF: Should I take Monday off as well? How pissed are we expecting to get Sunday night?
Hey! PM your address so I know where to leave my car! Lol

Stackboy

Make sure to say hi to the team who is doing the stream for Riot games at PAX Aus. It's the core team of guys that run Lansmash here in Brisbane. Good bunch, tell them Stacky says hi
or don't whatever

markot

Banned
Apparently Melbourne went from one of the best cities in the world to tired with Mogadishu. Wonder what happened.

So what are you guys up to?

Clipper

So, I'm in ny hotel room at last. It's not that great, but it's extremely cheap, so I'm not complaining. It even has a table suitable for gaming if we want an alternate venue to the boardroom at PAX... or want to get some gaming on after Beer Deluxe ;).

So upstairs Beer Deluxe is the plan if it pours rain? This damn storm has chased me all the way from Warrnambool and I don't think it's going to stop :/

MELBOURNE TRAIN UPDATE!

One woman has been confirmed dead, with a Victoria Police spokeswoman saying a woman had died after being struck by a train between Yarraville and Seddon stations, on the Werribee line. The incident is not being treated as suspicious.
Shortly before midday another person was hit by a train on the Pakenham line between Dandenong and Berwick. All trains to the area have been suspended and bus services are being arranged, according to Metro Trains.

Fucking raining here in Geelong :/

Catching the 2:50pm train, hop i can jump a tram down to Flinders!

Don't worry, that same rain is heading in towards Melbourne. You won't be left out.

Did somebody not tell Melbourne it's winter? Why is it 21 degrees :(

That's how Melbourne welcomes you. Nice weather on the day you arrive, piss rain and wind the rest of the week.

Hi ausgaf long time lurker recently to account approved. In Melbourne for pax sans wife so would love to have a few with some like mind gamers.

So where's the party at?

Rezbit

I'm inside beer deluxe at the flinders side, sitting in the corner near the turntables on my onesies. Come say hi, if you want.

Kritz

Banned
3G in hotel is hot garbage. That's how they get me to buy wifi then...

Rez will head down to beer deluxe once my 3rd friend gets to hotel.

Also please don't hate me if when these guys drop a f/n bomb. I will warn them casual homophobia/racism is a nono.

Rezbit

Do you know what turntables look like? Like a dj? Also wearing grey jumper, sunnies on head

Kritz, not too worried about "fuck" and "numpty"

Top Bottom