• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Kritz

Banned
I like my coffee how I like my men. Long, black, in before noon. Small, white, and covered in froth.

This morning I might try both.

Pikmin 3 releases in Japan, they put out a new White version of the console AND New Super Luigi Bros is out.

20k hardware sold.

Oh noes.

What have I done.
1) Pikmin was never a big hitter. At the end of the day, in spite of the Nintendo effect, it's still an RTS and its characters are not as iconic as some in Nintendo's stable.

2) Hardware variations boost sales, but won't suddenly turn an unpopular console popular

3) I think NSMB is the kind of series now that you buy once you've committed to a hardware purchase, rather than one you buy the system for. Same with DKC. Besides, the series has been mishandled by the company, mostly because they've done very little to differentiate each entry from its predecessors.

Kritz

Banned
Hokay; clothes, laptop, tablet, phone, chargers, med supplies, sanitary supplies, dice bag w/ hella D10s, headphones, aeropress for emergency hotel coffee, flight tickets, pax tickets, wallet with emergency esspresso money, a miki card I found lying around...

I think I'm good to go.

AIRPORT TIME.

Then, afternoon beers? Or afternoon third coffee.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
AUSGAF PAX INFORMATION - CAPS! - Repost as PAX starts tomorrow.

I've made a google calender that should now be public, If all went well. It outlines the events for the group and when / where / includes map locations as well. If you want, search AUSGAF PAX.

Google Calender
XML
iCal
HTML

PAX Public Transport For The Event
Mobile Applications to help you get around Melbourne
http://ptv.vic.gov.au/getting-around/mobile-apps/

Android:Get train trapper instead of metro’s one as well, It’s pretty fucking good. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tincan.traintimes&hl=en

Tram Tracker is available on both platforms for Tram times / routes
iOS
Android

GuideBook is also something you should probably have on your mobile. Has all the information you need for the event.
iOS
Android

Public Night Events

Thursday

Time: 5:30PM - Till Late
Notes: Melbournians will probably turn up at 5:30 - 6PM outside somewhere. Everyone else is more than welcome to come along at their own pace.

Friday

Time: 8PM - Late
Melbourne, VIC
Notes: Try to turn up a little earlier so we can all meet up outside. I will try and be there around 7:30 waiting for people. If you’ve put your name down, For the love of god turn up!

Saturday:

Clippers Board Games
Time: 1PM
Location: Somewhere in the board game PAX room. Just keep shouting for clipper. I will come along and attempt to learn some form of board game.

Night
Time: 7/8PM onwards
Location URL: Trunk http://www.trunktown.com.au/
Location Map: MAP

Sunday:
Throw something at me for fuck sake!

Shaneus

if you want to offload a Reus, you can take one of the Skyrims?
zMRyCMN.gif

Anyway, you coming to PAX?

PS. AusGAF: Should I take Monday off as well? How pissed are we expecting to get Sunday night?

zMRyCMN.gif

Anyway, you coming to PAX?
Nope, no Pax for me. I didn't want to spoil everyone's fun by attending. Also, Penny Arcade. Eh.

Anyway, I'm not taking any "nerd" crap from a man who specifically bought the "Pink Knight" character for Castle Crashers. Just think about what you're doing, man. Have some self respect. Or try to.

I don't really get why everyone's railing on the guy. He's just saying 'Consider: people might not want to be out and about buying shit during a heatwave' and everyone's acting like he's Iwata himself asking everyone to please understand.
He has a longgggggg history of that kind of stuff. Just went a bit over the top this thread.

Still funny. Things will pick up.

I might be able to tell you guys tomorrow if any next gen titles will be playable at PAX. :p
PS4 please!

Hokay; clothes, laptop, tablet, phone, chargers, med supplies, sanitary supplies, dice bag w/ hella D10s, headphones, aeropress for emergency hotel coffee, flight tickets, pax tickets, wallet with emergency esspresso money, a miki card I found lying around...

I think I'm good to go.

AIRPORT TIME.

Then, afternoon beers? Or afternoon third coffee.
Quoting so I don't forget shit. I forgot to charge my 3DS last night! :/

Jintor

Rep (and maybe Jint?) and I will be @ Beer Deluxe from 4pm if there are any early arrivals.

4? I'm not even on the ground until 4:40. Actually, it might be six by the time I manage to make my way to the city... ugh. Might not be there, then.

Shaneus

Nope, no Pax for me. I didn't want to spoil everyone's fun by attending. Also, Penny Arcade. Eh.

Anyway, I'm not taking any "nerd" crap from a man who specifically bought the "Pink Knight" character for Castle Crashers. Just think about what you're doing, man. Have some self respect. Or try to.
I called it Jase and never attacked anything, just let it him get beat up and killed repeatedly. It was worth the 24c.

teekun

Fuck, PAX is tomorrow. I still haven't figured out what's actually scheduled for Friday. The only thing I had marked as a must-do was the Giant Bomb panel :(

Oh shit yes Jet Set Radio is free this month for North American PS+

Jintor

I should probably try and figure out how to get to the beer deluxe huh

/edit oh it's at flinders street station? seems easy enough

Shaneus

Quoting so I don't forget shit. I forgot to charge my 3DS last night! :/
Do you have power cables? I have two ~2000mAh (can be three if you like, I bought an extra one because they were cheap) power packs I can bring along tonight.

Also, if you need cheap cables I would be surprised if Daiso didn't have them for sale (next to DSE on the corner of Swanston and Bourke).

What's Ninja Gaiden for... Vita? Might have to clear some space on my 8gb card to download it ahead of time. Don't know what I could delete, though :/

Fuck, PAX is tomorrow. I still haven't figured out what's actually scheduled for Friday. The only thing I had marked as a must-do was the Giant Bomb panel :(
Same :/ I might just earmark most of the day down as checking out stalls, there's a stack that I want to check out.

teekun

I should probably try and figure out how to get to the beer deluxe huh

/edit oh it's at flinders street station? seems easy enough

Just cross the street and head into Fed Square and up the stairs into the middle of it. It's towards the back.

Wish I could make it tonight, but I owe the girlfriend a night home before I fuck off for 3 days.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Speaking of Beer Deluxe, are you guys meeting in the upstairs or downstairs area?

Should be downstairs outside I would imagine. That's usually where it's always been.

If it changes I will post on twitter and here where people are, It's currently raining so hopefully someone can snag a table or two.

I called it Jase and never attacked anything, just let it him get beat up and killed repeatedly. It was worth the 24c.
Aw, that's sweet!

What's Ninja Gaiden for... Vita? Might have to clear some space on my 8gb card to download it ahead of time. Don't know what I could delete, though :/
Vita. Just buy it via the webstore and install it at a later date.

That's like asking which number is greater out of infinity or infinity+1.
Infinity +1. Duh.

Luckily people aren't covered in fur, nor do they use their saliva to clean themselves =P
They will attempt to lick their - or yours, given the opportunity - genitalia.

markot

Banned
Holy shit fuck balllllls.

"The efficiacy of an anti bacterial agent in lozenges in reducing the severity or duration of throat infections has not been clinically established"

Strepsils are just a huge con!

senahorse

Holy shit fuck balllllls.

"The efficiacy of an anti bacterial agent in lozenges in reducing the severity or duration of throat infections has not been clinically established"

Strepsils are just a huge con!

Tide comes in, Tide goes out, never a miscommunication, you can't explain that!

legend166

So I managed to trade in some PS3 games for Steam credit yesterday. They were the UK versions, so they took off $1 each game.

For Dark Souls, Darksiders, and RE5: Gold Edition I got $28.

Better than nothing I guess.

Now I'm thinking of buying Fez and Bastion. Also maybe Tropico 4.

teekun

Definitely get Bastion. Fantastic game.

I picked up Fez this week but haven't even installed it yet. I guess eventually I'll get around to seeing what the big deal is?

hamchan

So I managed to trade in some PS3 games for Steam credit yesterday. They were the UK versions, so they took off $1 each game.

For Dark Souls, Darksiders, and RE5: Gold Edition I got $28.

Better than nothing I guess.

Now I'm thinking of buying Fez and Bastion. Also maybe Tropico 4.

$28 is great since you'll be able to buy the superior PC version of those games and still have cash to spare.

Clipper

Wandering around my first corner, I see a sign advertising 'Parmie'. Yep, I am in Melbourne!

Oh, and sorry for double post.

Top Bottom