• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Shaneus

I don't remember you taking an iPad on Friday, did you take it out to do anything?
I had it last thing yesterday. Last thing I remember doing with it was getting ready to type some things into it because my phone was close to flat, but I can't remember if I put it back in my bag or not or if I did anything with it between closing yesterday and now.

I suppose the best thing is that I know where I left it if I did, and it's pretty distinctive what with the cover, being an iPad 3 (like seriously, who has one of those?) and the wallpaper on it (which some of them recognised because it resembled the colouring on a ZX Spectrum). Also helps that I left that area shortly after 6pm when the event finished, so there weren't many people around that weren't working there in some capacity (ie. not plebs).

We'll see what happens. I don't think it's around my house otherwise would've picked up my wifi and would appear on the iCloud site (unless I didn't enable that feature, but I'm pretty sure I did). (edit: Not showing up on my router's wifi connections either, so it's definitely not in my flat)

Eh, worst case scenario is I get to but a new iPad! Woo!

Clipper

Hmm... 3 hours until my flight and I can't think of anything much else to do. I guess I'll just go to the airport early...

Had a great day, though. Checked out the Melbourne Aquarium, the Myer Music Dome ( it's a lot smaller than I imagined), the Botanical Gardens and the Remembrance Shrine, along with a bunch of stuff between those places.

Melbourne's been a ton of fun. Thanks for making it awesome, AusGAF.

markot

Banned
Its-Happening-Ron-Paul-Rave-Reaction-Gif.gif
Breaking news
Kensington Palace says the Duchess of Cambridge has been admitted to hospital in early stages of labour

Breaking news
Kensington Palace says the Duchess of Cambridge has been admitted to hospital in early stages of labour

Breaking news

Breaking news

Breaking news

Breaking news

Breaking news

Breaking news

Breaking news

Breaking news

Breaking news

Breaking news

Breaking news

Breaking news

Breaking news

Breaking news

Breaking news

Breaking news

Breaking news

Breaking news

Breaking news

Breaking news

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

YEAH

what the fuck was up with that cover band

New Vegas works pretty well (often better) without VATS. BL2 is as much as RPG as the Fallout series. It's way more about stats and numbers and loot than accurate shooting in a shooter.

Combat wise, fo sho. Not so much the rest of the game.

I find Borderlands 2 and New Vegas find a nice balance between player driven combat mechanics and dice/stat driven stuff. Fallout 3 just seems like a shitter version of Fallout 1/2 in dice rolls, and a shit shooter when trying to aim yourself.

Fuck, really wanted to pickup Poker Night 2 but they haven't dropped it to $2.50 again, GamersGate have it for that price but the exchange rate bumps it up unlike my parity Steam Wallet :( :(

I had it last thing yesterday. Last thing I remember doing with it was getting ready to type some things into it because my phone was close to flat, but I can't remember if I put it back in my bag or not or if I did anything with it between closing yesterday and now.
At least it can't be blamed on me!

New series of Whose Line is rad. Ms. Ubisoft works pretty well as the host.
Yup, she is always pretty funny.

LANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Hmm... 3 hours until my flight and I can't think of anything much else to do. I guess I'll just go to the airport early...

Had a great day, though. Checked out the Melbourne Aquarium, the Myer Music Dome ( it's a lot smaller than I imagined), the Botanical Gardens and the Remembrance Shrine, along with a bunch of stuff between those places.

Melbourne's been a ton of fun. Thanks for making it awesome, AusGAF.
Aquarium is awesome. Next time I go I'll have to hit it up again.

Royal baby shit

The sooner we become a republic the better.

e: I wouldn't mind remaining in the Commonwealth if we can do that as a republic, I just don't like that someone is our head of state simply because they had the luck of being pushed out of a certain vagina. Basically fuck monarchies, pro-countries being bros.

Fredescu

e: I wouldn't mind remaining in the Commonwealth if we can do that as a republic, I just don't like that someone is our head of state simply because they had the luck of being pushed out of a certain vagina. Basically fuck monarchies, pro-countries being bros.

The best thing about being a monarchy is that it leaves the head of state bullshit to someone useless who would never bother to interfere in our democracy. If we become a republic with a popularly elected president, one of them is going to want to use that power, and fuck that.

Just bought my first sub at uni and it was the worst decision of my life. The staff decided to put everything in the middle so it kind of went salad and cheese.. SUDDENLY ALL THE MEAT AND PICKLES.. salad and cheese.

I hope your cat is okay rep. He might even show up back at the rellies' place. Smh at taking off the collar though, have they never had pets?

If we become a republic with a popularly elected president, one of them is going to want to use that power, and fuck that.

At least in that event the person using the power would have actually been given it democratically.

I know the Whitlam deal is one-in-200-year shit but I'm still uncomfortable with it.

markot

Banned
Oh p shaw.

They could just replace the GG with a President and full stop.

There are loads of ceremonial heads of states that dont crap on their own doorstep. SUCH AS THE QUEEEEEEEEEN OF ENGLAND!

And loads of Presidents around the world.

Kate Bush should just be Mistress of the Commonwealth and she could do whatever she wants in any member country but instead she'd just sing cool songs forever.

Paz

Had an intense but awesome time at PAX Aus, It was great to meet fellow Gaffers in person (and some folks from other gaming websites I've visited over the past 10 years!).

Hope you liked Cactus :p

Danoss

Sorry about your cat, Rep, that really sucks. It took more effort and caused more problems to take the collar off than to leave it the fuck alone. Why do people do shit like that? Hopefully no one has fed it yet.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Had an intense but awesome time at PAX Aus, It was great to meet fellow Gaffers in person (and some folks from other gaming websites I've visited over the past 10 years!).

Hope you liked Cactus :p
Game was bloody good fun! Didn't get to pop back on Sunday to play again as I lost my pass :(

The sooner we become a republic the better.

Yeah there's a few republics in the Commonwealth.
Also the vagina thing doesn't necessarily stop even once you abolish monarchies. See the Kennedys and Bushs for example.

The best thing about being a monarchy is that it leaves the head of state bullshit to someone useless who would never bother to interfere in our democracy. If we become a republic with a popularly elected president, one of them is going to want to use that power, and fuck that.

We could always just make them literally powerless instead of seemingly powerless until they fuck us.

Fredescu

Allow me to rephrase, then: I would prefer if the Governor General position -- given its power -- was filled by someone selected by the electorate.

So it could remain a monarchy for all you care? Fair enough. I think a popularly elected GG or president would make misuse of power much more likely since you'll have a bunch of different people competing for votes and they'll have to make various promises about the shit that they'll do. They will want to be seen to be effective so will make decisions that get them in the media and so forth. As it is now, most people couldn't name the GG, and I don't think that's a bad thing. They should basically never be in the media spotlight.

Fredescu

What function would the monarcy serve if the head of state was popularly elected instead of serving as their representative? Isn't that "cutting the head off" as it were?

The same function that they do now. ie not much. If we voted for someone to be the Queen's representative rather than our voted representatives appointing them, that would meet your criteria.

The same function that they do now. ie not much. If we voted for someone to be the Queen's representative rather than our voted representatives appointing them, that would meet your criteria.

So basically they serve no real point in the system and we may as well cut them out.

What what? New Whose Line? Is that distinctly different from the show with a slightly different name that was filmed live in Vegas?

Dang, must hunt it down.

New Whose Line under that name, yeah. Not Drew Carey's Improv-A-Ganza (which I never bothered to watch). Ryan, Colin and Wayne as the core cast with an extra member and celebrity guest every week, old format, only real difference is Aisha Tyler hosting instead of Drew.

Only started back a week or so ago. Two episodes out so far.

Shaneus

HOLY SHIT THE WIFE FOUND THE CAT! JUST WENT BACK OUT 5 MINS AGO AFTER PUTTING THE SON DOWN! SHE JUST CALLED!
:D

Where was it? Was my iPad there as well?

PS. Fucking great news :) Glad that Coco's alive and (hopefully) well. Leave her alone in a room with your in-laws and I'm sure she'll sort them out. Cuddly my arse ;)

Cats be praised!

Apart from the bit last week where it got pissy when I wanted to shut the front door and sunk its teeth into my my foot as if it were a cobra trying to down a gerbil...

and the bit where her got annoyed when i was playing with him and he got annoyed and I got my face slashed and I looked like Tyrion Lannister for a couple of weeks...

and apart from the incident with the shotgun, the jehovah's witnesses and the drum filled with petrol on the front step.

markot

Banned
House cats are awful. Let them roam and be free. Jesus.

Hitler didnt keep his dogs in doors. Are you worse then Hitler?!

Mar

I had the best time at PAX. Chatting with people I've either a) known for decades but haven't seen for a decade, b) known only online and finally met in real life, or c) getting to know people for the first time. You guys were all awesome.

It's a shame I never went to the main AusGAF meet but I was at the concerts each night and, also, I felt I would have been out of place anyway. It's not like I post here much anymore and most people wouldn't know who I am.

Made up for it on Sunday night though and got wasted with a bunch of you (you know who you are). Cookie, you seen me wandering around but didn't say hi? For shame.

My only regrets for the weekend were: Hearing Kritz came up from foreign-land and I never got to meet him. And, even though I live in the same goddamn town, I still have never seen Hex in person as the panel was full by the time I got to the lineup.

PAX was the best. Oh, and I hate you Shaneus for qualifying for the AUS/NZ pinball open effortlessly (I stressed and played my heart out and just squeeked in), and for beating me in Tempest 2000.

There are so many reasons to hate Shaneus. Don't limit yourself to just a couple of aspects, Mar.

BoB, I would apologise for my horrendous puns but that would be lion.

Top Bottom