• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

New Karnivool album

3/5

Not bad. Not much there. Feels undercooked and sparser than the last 2. Some genuinely fantastic tracks along with what I would describe as unguided filler.

Would make a great EP.

New album next year with a bit more fire and bite in the heart plz Goddard.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Trying to figure out what I should have for breakfast tomorrow. Not sure if I should have something at crown or head out to our normal for a hot chocolate and gourmet roll.

Can't be fucked shopping with a 10am check out. Figured getting home earlier would be nicer.

Screw you guys and your PAX. I played Super Hexagon for about five minutes yesterday.

Did pass my '100 new unique beers on holiday' goal though, so woo.

The show was what it was but I had my moments. should do it again some time lets say in a year :p was great to finally put faces to names too. Nearly filled out my ausgaf pokedex. I think the moral of the story is next time just dont get 3 day passes or something.

Next year every AusGAF member should have trading cards of themselves and hand them out to other AusGAFers.

Went to a con with the wife in Barcelona last month and a few people were taking Polaroids of people and getting them to sign and put their handles on their too. Not a terrible idea.

Shaneus

So, it turns out that not only am I good at buying games but never playing them, I'm also good at them when I actually play them. Exhibit A:
PL0wlhxm.jpg

Qualified for the state pinball finals this November. Admittedly, with a pretty average score but I wasn't even really trying so I was stoked that it actually meant something.

Exhibit B:
kCuMyW5l.jpg

My Tempest 2000 high score in the retro area :)

Exhibit C:
sbXIei0.jpg

My medal. Straight to the pool room.

So do you have any photos from PAX?
Ask him if he has any from Sunday. Carn.

In the Xbox one thing now. The montage was great, and they showed off the kinect thing very well.

Man Even with the kind of lame lack of Xbox one playable i was hoping from Pax Aus, Sony dropped the ball significantly. Don't think i've seen any mention of PS4 the whole time i've been here.
Hey, was that you MCing the Halfbrick presentation? Because rep and I missed the start and I guess any introductions.

I was the nervous (god knows why) dork who asked about a Barry Steakfries cameo :/

Level one sale badge (without Jase's help)... I hope it was worth the effort of trading cards with GAF peeps. Got a Prison Architect foil too.

Have a Tomb Raider card spare if someone desperately needs one as there's no way I'm getting a second set.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So I'm guessing Shaneus, Mar and Agyar and others were at the hausgshsggegd German restaurant last night? Lafiel mentioned he spotted you down stairs and then I see mar walking around up looking for people.

That place was damn nice. Shocked we both went to the same location for dinner.

Rlan

So, it turns out that not only am I good at buying games but never playing them, I'm also good at them when I actually play them. Exhibit A:
PL0wlhxm.jpg

Qualified for the state pinball finals this November. Admittedly, with a pretty average score but I wasn't even really trying so I was stoked that it actually meant something.

Exhibit B:
kCuMyW5l.jpg

My Tempest 2000 high score in the retro area :)

Exhibit C:
sbXIei0.jpg

My medal. Straight to the pool room.

Ask him if he has any from Sunday. Carn.

Hey, was that you MCing the Halfbrick presentation? Because rep and I missed the start and I guess any introductions.

I was the nervous (god knows why) dork who asked about a Barry Steakfries cameo :/

Nah, that was Dan and Sean, I'm not working on Colossatron, just here for fun this weekend.

Also a note: stupid yuppy melbourne saying we were too casually clothed for pubs and it being fucking freezing!

Shaneus

Shaneus got a sweet fucking medal. Saw someone walking around with one on sunday, was wondering what it was from
BEING AWESOME.

Nah, that was Dan and Sean, I'm not working on Colossatron, just here for fun this weekend.
Ah, cool... I just wasn't sure if that was you doing all the intro-ey stuff or not.

To put on my marketers cap for half a second, I hope you happened across Android Assault Cactus that was on show at a neighbour of HB's on the show floor. Reckon it would've been your thing (and was shown off by Sonic_Jam from Games Ranch/Playnow).

These ones are amazing!

Shaneus and I saw a height accurate Manny Calavera on Friday! I should have taken a picture :(

I must say that PAX got way better once I stopped trying to queue for any panels and just fucked around.

Thus I'm left with a very high opinion of the experience, and of the impression from the second Q&A that things will be much better next year.
Yeah everything panel or attendee organisation was terrible but it was so obviously poor that they would have noticed.

Why not use the giant fucking fuck off massive ampitheatre right there next to everything? Logic! How does it work? Would have taken more effort to setup but offers a fuckton of viewing/listening space. We do have these things called 'amplifiers' after all.

Show floor was great. Indie area was great.
Boardgames/card area was fantastic, very impressed on that side.

Was totally worth it for the social stuff, Occulus Rift and the Aussie indies.

Will attend again in a heartbeat.

Level one sale badge (without Jase's help)... I hope it was worth the effort of trading cards with GAF peeps. Got a Prison Architect foil too.

Have a Tomb Raider card spare if someone desperately needs one as there's no way I'm getting a second set.
Sell that shit! Worth $1.30 at least. Maybe hold onto it for a month and hope the market isn't ruined by Valve and it could be worth $10!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I ended up missing out on the draft, but it seemed hella fun.

Also where were you, ya jerk!

I'll trade you mine :p To be honest I feel a lot more at home in Melbourne really. I just had such a fantastic time down there. I need city lights and beaches and delicious restaurants and constant stimulation. Brisbane hasn't got much going in the way of that.

hahaha.

He really did. Thanks for that holy :D I really like the big one of everyone... though I suppose Laf's dad took that.

I can't >< would it be okay if I re-uploaded a couple of them?

didnt wait for a response I see.

Clipper

So yeah, I just tried Lord of the Fries. My goodness, you guys weren't kidding about how good the fries are!

Thank goodness they haven't opened up franchises outside of Melbourne, as I would really struggle to not eat them all the time if I had easy access...

markot

Banned
So yeah, I just tried Lord of the Fries. My goodness, you guys weren't kidding about how good the fries are!

Thank goodness they haven't opened up franchises outside of Melbourne, as I would really struggle to not eat them all the time if I had easy access...

Theyd be lameo.

Its like that oporto shit. Everyone was like 'omg its so good' then you go to your local franchise and its hogwash smothered in shite. And then theyre all like 'oh yeah, but the good oportos are great!' or 'well yeah, since they sold out they suck' so fooey.

Jintor

They're amazing. also, weirdly, vegan.

markot

Banned
The happiness in this thread made me sick literally the past weekend.

Whats the best way to deal with a lingering sore throat?

HolyCheck

dont worry everyone.

for those that couldnt be there, i'm going over the big group photo in photoshop and saying who everyone is. and making humerous comments about us all.

except shaneus. Dude won a fucking medal. he will get praise.

HolyCheck

Also,

does any one have any stories they'd like included in this photo?

I obviously couldnt be there for every fun moment! so i dont know everything.

But I've circled out that Aon is a spy.

I've given Shaneus his crown.

other than the brains trust + stories I was involved in / conversations had, is there anything else you need made known.

i.e. sunday stories.

Fredescu

So I have $27 in Steam credit.

what should I buy?

My last day buys were:

Critter Crunch $1.46
Cart Life $1.99
Lunar Pack (Wake + Lunnye Devitsy) $1.24
Ridge Racer Unbounded $5
Wizorb $0.74

My favourite sale game is Borderlands 2, big improvement on the first one and I actually enjoy it solo. That might be a personal thing though, I don't know.

markot

Banned
I don't even really know what that means, but no the guns aren't that realistic. It's fun to play though. Did someone buy Borderlands expecting it to be a sim?

I expected gunplay that played well.

Not realism. But good pew pew. Not waffle paffle.

markot

Banned
It always seems to be games I like that get criticised for having "bad gunplay", like Half Life 2 or Fallout, so I tend to just dismiss them out of hand.

A: HL2 had preeeeeety good gunplay. But the story and the stuff was what ya played for.

B: Fall out, you use the whatchamacallit, I dont run and gun like some non rpger.

C: In a game that is alllllll about guns, I want good gunplay. Call me old fashioned.

Its like having a football game where the actuall football mechanics just dont quite work that well.

Top Bottom