• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

FUCK. Laptop now dead. I need a new PC today. You guys have a small window (needed so I can choose a PSU) to tell me I am doing it wrong before I pull the trigger on this build:

Jp81xUT.png

Looks god man, goes well with the beard.
NEEDS A TITAN OR TWO

Dead Man

Windows 7 Pro would be my choice, whether you think you need it or not. I doubt Microsoft have fixed the thing where the home directory doesn't repeatedly screw itself over and you wonder where your shit has gone.

Thanks mate :) Hoping some of the custom-made stuff on the way looks the goods, I've dived in head first assuming the picture in my head translates well. We'll see in a month or so.
I'll check some prices, thanks for the tip. Post up pics when they get to you as well.
NEEDS A TITAN OR TWO

lol NO

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
The only thing I'm suffering from post-pax is Sleep depivation.. almost feel asleep in my mathematics class today.

Body mods aren't about standing out, it's just a different way to decorate your body in a way that pleases you.
Oh yeah, I get that and don't begrudge anyone doing whatever they want to their body. Was being a bit facetious in that it sort of felt like the people we were seeing were trying to one-up others. Really they're likely trying to find new ways to express themselves.

Still don't get why you'd willingly scorch your flesh with hot metal for the sake of appearance. I've burned myself badly before and have no desire to repeat that. I do have a total of one piercing (eyebrow) and that wasn't particularly painful. I watched some of a doco a whole back and people being a scarified were screaming at the top of their lungs. May as well just cut yourself (don't cut yourself).

Only God Forgives wasn't great. Expectations weren't sky high after reviews but it just wasn't enough to feel like that hour and a half was worthwhile. Ah well.

Conjunctivitis from the Occulus. All I could think about yesterday.
FUCK IMMA GO WASHY MY EYES OUT NOW >.>

Alright, I need to save a couple pennies, is there any reason a GTX760 2gb is a terrible idea?

Only terrible that you aren't sending me one :(

Dead Man

Only God Forgives wasn't great. Expectations weren't sky high after reviews but it just wasn't enough to feel like that hour and a half was worthwhile. Ah well.

FUCK IMMA GO WASHY MY EYES OUT NOW >.>

Only terrible that you aren't sending me one :(

If I was a rich man I would send you two.

Ordered. Now to wait for them to tell me there is a problem with stock, or for me to figure out I have bought the wrong shit. :/

I'd be interested in that. Alternatively, if it is an underwhelming show, I'd be down for doing some gaming outside of it if there are some nearby places to arrange such things. Board gaming somewhere with tables and chairs to accommodate, roleplaying where disturbances will be minimal, but making noise is still okay.

Today I had my labret bar (lip piercing jewellery) changed over for one a little bit shorter, now that the swelling has gone down and enough healing has happened to not piss it off by changing jewellery. It is much more comfortable to wear and I'm barely even conscious that it is there now. Looking forward to getting a spike attached to the end when it arrives along with some other custom-made jewellery.

The septum clicker I ordered was finally made, posted and arrived on my doorstep this afternoon while I was at Polymorph having the labret bar changed. Of course I put it in as soon as I opened the packet and took a photo so I could share as I promised I would. The sun was setting and the light looked rad, as it often does during golden hour.

Oto0NdY.jpg

While I was speaking with Rob, I asked about reputable piercers in Brisbane since I recall saying to Shanshan that I would. He recommended The Piercing Shop and said Senior Piercer Lynette Rose is great. Apparently there were a number of other piercing shops around Brisbane, but they have since closed. Hopefully I'm not being rude by suggesting this.

Lookin' great Dan :D

and thanks for the recommendation!! It's smack bang in the middle of the city too, so it won't be hard to find. Now to figure out what to get next....

The only thing I'm suffering from post-pax is Sleep depivation.. almost feel asleep in my mathematics class today.

I ended up sleeping through my first class yesterday. I think I got roughly 5 hours a night while I was in Melbourne, and it caught up on me sunday night. My second class was fantastic though. I am phyched for this semester.

markot

Banned

and thanks for the recommendation!! It's smack bang in the middle of the city too, so it won't be hard to find. Now to figure out what to get next....

I ended up sleeping through my first class yesterday. I think I got roughly 5 hours a night while I was in Melbourne, and it caught up on me sunday night. My second class was fantastic though. I am phyched for this semester.

That should last one week.

Danoss

I'll check some prices, thanks for the tip. Post up pics when they get to you as well.

I sure will.

Oh yeah, I get that and don't begrudge anyone doing whatever they want to their body. Was being a bit facetious in that it sort of felt like the people we were seeing were trying to one-up others. Really they're likely trying to find new ways to express themselves.

Still don't get why you'd willingly scorch your flesh with hot metal for the sake of appearance. I've burned myself badly before and have no desire to repeat that. I do have a total of one piercing (eyebrow) and that wasn't particularly painful. I watched some of a doco a whole back and people being a scarified were screaming at the top of their lungs. May as well just cut yourself (don't cut yourself).

I was concerned my post might've come across a bit abrasive. It wasn't meant as such, I know you're not ignorant to such things, nor are the majority of AusGAF members.

Scarification may be a little different to what you think; it's actually what you said not to do. A scalpel is used to cut a desired pattern into the skin, some are rather simple and others can be quite intricate. Some areas of the skin may be removed for a larger scar area if the design warrants it. For a number of days afterwards these wounds are irritated in various ways to encourage a more prominent scar to form.

Branding would be what you're thinking of. This uses a cautery device similar to a soldering iron/wood burner and I think some heated metal pieces may also be used to trace the design.

I have been burned before too, in a number of ways and none of them are fun at all. The worst was when I was at my mates house and tripped on a little step in front of a metal fireplace. As I fell, I put my hand out in front of me and stopped my fall by placing my hand on top of this fireplace. I had partial thickness (2nd degree) burns instantaneously from this (it took a little while for the pain to arrive) and had my hand in a bucket of water for many, many hours afterwards. Taking my hand out for any length of time would result in a wave of pain immediately; this was the strangest part, where there would be no pain at all and then it would build and build until I couldn't help but vocalise, and then it would subside for a couple of seconds and then repeat.

The only pain worse than that burn was the nasty abscess I wrote about a long while ago. There was no escape from that pain at all. Piercings are nothing in comparison and I doubt scarification will be much of a challenger either.

and thanks for the recommendation!! It's smack bang in the middle of the city too, so it won't be hard to find. Now to figure out what to get next...

Thanks Shan! Happy to help. If you need any ideas or inspiration, give me a shout and I'll be glad to.

potentially plentiful probable post-PAX pox posts.

It's very rare to go to an event like those and to not come away with something. All those people in black coughing in trams.

Branding would be what you're thinking of.
Argh shit, you're right. Not sure why I used the wrong term there. This was definitely branding, which I don't get. I seem to recall there being a different term for it though but can't remember what.

Scarification I don't get so much either, but hey I picked at a scab recently and have a nice new scar maybe I do get that a bit.

Jintor

Hearing rumours GTAV has been RC'd in Australia.

lol

12 years since GTA3 and the fucking OFLC dissolved, turned itself into something else, got a whole new set of rules and still can't fucking figure that "R18+" means adults who can probably fucking handle a bit of sex and drugs in their goddamn games

Well, we'll see if it's true I guess

lol

12 years since GTA3 and the fucking OFLC dissolved, turned itself into something else, got a whole new set of rules and still can't fucking figure that "R18+" means adults who can probably fucking handle a bit of sex and drugs in their goddamn games

I'm going to go with true, based only on the fact the people running the rating boards now have no clue.

lol

Nah Take 2 will just throw a sack of money at them like big publishers usually do.

EDIT: Huh, Rome Total War 2 only got an M. Seems tame for all the raping and pillaging you get to do.
EDIT2: Wait, why is Rocksmith rated M? Isn't it like Rock Band?

I spoke to someone this morning with a Zelda keyring attached to their bag. I was like AWESOME KEYRING DO YOU LIKE ZELDA TOO LET'S BE FRIENDS and they were like "Yeah, I really like Zelda." and I was like HAVE YOU PLAYED FRESHLY PICKED TINGLE'S ROSY RUPEELAND IT WAS GREAT and they were like "Wait, who's Tingle? Do you mean the balloon guy?"

Massively out-nerding people is the worst :/

I spoke to someone this morning with a Zelda keyring attached to their bag. I was like AWESOME KEYRING DO YOU LIKE ZELDA TOO LET'S BE FRIENDS and they were like "Yeah, I really like Zelda." and I was like HAVE YOU PLAYED FRESHLY PICKED TINGLE'S ROSY RUPEELAND IT WAS GREAT and they were like "Wait, who's Tingle? Do you mean the balloon guy?"

Scoping out future day cares for the son?

Deeku

Lol yeah, like the time this chick at uni had a kingdom hearts phone wallpaper, and I was like yo u like games too? me too, I hear that kingdom hearts story is pretty great but I not like the battle system cos it's weird what about u what do you think about the real time battles....etc

turned out she'd never played it and just liked the art......

and then we kinda dated for a bit...

Shaneus

Been looking at cheap iPads on eBay and Gumtree for the last few hours.

Kinda stings. Also, really fucking exhausting :/

Also also, don't know where my Android phone is, haven't seen it since around the same time as the iPad :/ (or rep's cat, for that matter... HMMMMM)

Aah that's the worst :( It's also really uncomfortable when you have similar niches, like "gaming", but like completely different games. I thought I was really connecting with someone until they mentioned "COD and Halo".

Also Deek I am shaking my head on principle.

Danoss

Scarification I don't get so much either, but hey I picked at a scab recently and have a nice new scar maybe I do get that a bit.

Ahh, picking scabs. As a young one it was almost a pastime in itself. Skinning your knee or elbow was a semi-regular occurrence depending on your activities of choice. Waiting for it to be 'ready' was difficult, but rewarding.

A reminder that the excellent-looking (and Australian-made) Satellite Reign has 5 days left to reach its Kickstarter goal.
I want to see this happen, but I don't want to pledge $25 for the game and I'm not pledging unless the game is included...

... maybe if they're close at the end I'll put in the $25.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Aah that's the worst :( It's also really uncomfortable when you have similar niches, like "gaming", but like completely different games. I thought I was really connecting with someone until they mentioned "COD and Halo".
Amusingly most of the random people I met during PAX 2013... *appeared* to like similar games to me. Didn't run into many casual "I play COD and Halo" types.. except for this crazy italian guy I met on the tram back home. (who didn't even go to PAX 2013 :p)

I want to see this happen, but I don't want to pledge $25 for the game and I'm not pledging unless the game is included...

... maybe if they're close at the end I'll put in the $25.

you might as well kick some in. Brent posts on GAF as wetwired. So support a Gaffer and his 4 non-gaf mates.

wonzo

Banned

lol

turns out it was a hoax

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Considering there's actually a weed store in the game, It's probably safe to say that it will get banned or modified for release here anyway.

Been looking at cheap iPads on eBay and Gumtree for the last few hours.

Kinda stings. Also, really fucking exhausting :/

Also also, don't know where my Android phone is, haven't seen it since around the same time as the iPad :/ (or rep's cat, for that matter... HMMMMM)
Did you check your pockets? Odd you would lose both :(

A reminder that the excellent-looking (and Australian-made) Satellite Reign has 5 days left to reach its Kickstarter goal.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/5livesstudios/satellite-reign

The game looks great and it would be a real bummer for it to get this close and miss the mark.
Will make it easily. Won't hit the stretch goals until Paypal gets included next week though. They should be able to pick up another 300k during dev easily if they keep on pimping it and allowing Paypal. Post-Kickstarter funding is going well for a lot of dev's at the moment.

Gazunta

Three days after PAX and I'm feeling great, in fact I'm even healthier than I was before the show. It's the good life!

Posting this so I can quote myself in 24 hours when I'm vomiting blood on the streets

D158BiT.png

OH HAI GUYS

Speaking of supporting Aussie developers....

XCOM The Bureau is out soon!

Preorder from GMG for a steamkey for $34 and get a ton of shit extra, kinda like the recent Steam pre-order unlock system.

1. Already unlocked is DLC for The Bureau
2. Next in line is a free steamkey of Spec Ops The Line for your use (or to gift or to sell)
3. Lastly, if pre-orders get there (which is highly likely as GMG has all this shit lined up anyway), is steamkeys for the GOTY edition of XCOM Enemy Unknown with all the DLC as well as the original 4 XCOM games.

Use GMG25-VJWFX-5O2IL code to get the game down to $34.

D158BiT.png

Anyone seen Xbox live gold cheap anywhere.

I'm looking in your direction rep.

Used to be OzSave, $40 for email code, usually within 30 seconds. No idea why they don't do it any more.

You can grab it from eBay for $43, codes are region free, just ask them to PM or email the code through in case they actually send the card.

Also

OzGameShop COUPONS!

$5 off anything over $29.98 - REDDIT5
$8.60 off anything over $39.99 - BABYPRINCE

So you can grab an email code from them for $44.99 if you prefer to pickup some rewards points

They also have XBLA codes for Sega Rally Online Arcade for $6 at the moment

Top Bottom