• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Bernbaum

D158BiT.png

OH HAI GUYS

Speaking of supporting Aussie developers....

XCOM The Bureau is out soon!

Preorder from GMG for a steamkey for $34 and get a ton of shit extra, kinda like the recent Steam pre-order unlock system.

1. Already unlocked is DLC for The Bureau
2. Next in line is a free steamkey of Spec Ops The Line for your use (or to gift or to sell)
3. Lastly, if pre-orders get there (which is highly likely as GMG has all this shit lined up anyway), is steamkeys for the GOTY edition of XCOM Enemy Unknown with all the DLC as well as the original 4 XCOM games.

Use GMG25-VJWFX-5O2IL code to get the game down to $34.

I think I'll bite. I want Enemy Unknown but missed out on it in the ridiculous Amazon bundle that had Civ IV complete and Civ V Gold all for $17USD.

Plus The Bureau looks rad too. Team based tactical third person shooters - yes please.

So it looks like some of those guys were at some other random booth at PAX.

For the life of me I can't remember seeing a booth. I went in for the $90 supporter level -two digital copies of the game and my name as an NPC. You can have the other digital copy
for $90

-

At 30 hours in, I am 88% done with FarCry 2. Hell of a ride, but it's starting to grind.

Deeku

^man that's like, half a decade

started playing bioshock infinite, game is preeeeeeettty awesome!

xcom was also awesome until all those ufos and big dudes kinda started to piss me off... also have last of us which is supposed to be da best ever, probably start that after bioshock

AusGAF, as a thing, is FIVE YEARS OLD in November.

Holy Fucking crap.
Will have to double check, but I think my GAF account is ten years old next year sometime.

Drinking half a litre of a ten (eleven according to a random dude at the bar) percent beer without eating made Frankfurt more interesting...

I hope everyone bought Giana Sisters while it was three bucks.

Think I'll wait until Kentucky Route Zero is 75%+ off and has more acts available. I thought more were supposed to be out already?

Also, new Nexus 7 looks the goods. Wonder if I can convince the wife that she wants the old one...

Xbox 180 is becoming more and more real

First they go back on the DRM and used games policy
Now they go back on banning self publishing AND will allow another XNA type program at some point.

Self pub and dev kit abilities won't be at launch though, which really does scream "FUCK FUCK FUCK WE NEED TO CHANGE ALL OUR POLICIES FUCKING MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW"!

Final step: Fuck off that Kinect. Starting to think it will happen by launch after all the MS backflips so far lolol

Jintor

My left eye appears to be ejecting yellow gunk into the world so I assume it's getting better? Still swollen as balls though.

Jintor

If you don't hear from me in two days it's because I've evolved into a higher being. or at least my left eye has.

I might show up to the next ausgaf meetup with an eyepatch. Any of these exciting possibilities may occur.

My left eye appears to be ejecting yellow gunk into the world so I assume it's getting better? Still swollen as balls though.
Shouldnt have tried that rift.. I got the pox. Coughing up crap. Cant sleep because my shoulder s and back are aching. At least my headache is gone so I can cough properly

Agyar

For the life of me I can't remember seeing a booth. I went in for the $90 supporter level -two digital copies of the game and my name as an NPC. You can have the other digital copy
for $90

It looks like they were at a booth for a different game.

Also I already backed it for the digital copy tier. I look forward to persuadatroning NPC Bernbaum and using him as a meat shield.

r1chard

Kerbal Space Program 0.21 (aka the one where they fix the stability enhancer modules) is out. There goes my next few weeks :)

LOL at the people on triplej talking about the upcoming Superman + Batman film. "That's odd to have them in the same film" "Oh so I guess they'll be fighting?" "Yeah they probably don't get along well" ugghh

Kritz

Banned
I can plug that into my laptop via USB right?

... I think you put it into a VCR.

Edit - I was too busy being sick yesterday I forgot that I'd scheduled a doctor's appointment that day. I forget if this place charges me for not showing up. They probably do.

Hey fellow AusGAFers, long time reader, first time poster.

I'm in Melbourne and a bit of an odd question but... does anyone know of any quality boutique jewellers? I'm looking at popping the question some time in the next 6 months and I'm having trouble finding something that I think would suit for my better half. Cost isn't really a crazy issue, but finding something good seems to be difficult. I'd like to stick with smaller places rather than the big chains because I find the quality difference so far has been quite high and the prices too.

I know this isn't like diamondGAF or anything but I figure if anyone has had experience (GAF, I know, lol) wouldn't hurt to ask :)

Hey fellow AusGAFers, long time reader, first time poster.

I'm in Melbourne and a bit of an odd question but... does anyone know of any quality boutique jewellers? I'm looking at popping the question some time in the next 6 months and I'm having trouble finding something that I think would suit for my better half. Cost isn't really a crazy issue, but finding something good seems to be difficult. I'd like to stick with smaller places rather than the big chains because I find the quality difference so far has been quite high and the prices too.

I know this isn't like diamondGAF or anything but I figure if anyone has had experience (GAF, I know, lol) wouldn't hurt to ask :)
Fucking Tiffany's.

Chicks dig Tiffany's.

If you don't hear from me in two days it's because I've evolved into a higher being. or at least my left eye has.

I might show up to the next ausgaf meetup with an eyepatch. Any of these exciting possibilities may occur.
While an eye patch would look rad, you should prooobably go back to the doctors.
Politics has just become a grand cunt-off.

Even moreso than usual.
Abbott's literal war on people smugglers policy announcement?

they gave me antibiotics to take, at which point my eye begun to eject matter into the world, so I assume these events are related
Yep, they are. Pus is a good news/bad news situation. The good news is that pus is a sign that your body is fighting the infection. The bad news is that it is a sign that you still have the infection.

Politics has just become a grand cunt-off.

Even moreso than usual.
What's your problem now? You need to fight fire with fire. Or more fire. Or tactical nuclear weaponry. Boat people have been pushing their luck for too long.

What issue is that from?
The Elseworlds Gay Issue.

OGS stock seems to be very hit and miss though. But definitely the best for price and service is pretty great.

We don't have any decent shops in Hobart for board games so online with free shipping is almost our only choice.

Though I'm in Melbourne today and might need to check out some stores here at lunch time. Any good ones?

teekun

We don't have any decent shops in Hobart for board games so online with free shipping is almost our only choice.

Though I'm in Melbourne today and might need to check out some stores here at lunch time. Any good ones?

Mind Games on Swanston is the only one that comes to mind right away. It's a great, if not super cramped, little shop.

Ozgameshop is one of those sites that ships from overseas and trades good prices for questionable shipping times, right?

Top Bottom