• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Fredescu

Ed1ev6il.jpg

You can't spell Canada without 'Can.' Also you can't spell it without a 'Nada.'

I went to grab my phone out of my pocket and got tiny glass splinters in my fingers. Coincidentally, at that same moment, I discovered my phone has a cracked back screen. I'm not sure, but I think the two things may possibly be related.

Anyone know of any place in the Brisbane CBD I get a replacement glass back panel for an iPhone 4?

FUCK. Laptop now dead. I need a new PC today. You guys have a small window (needed so I can choose a PSU) to tell me I am doing it wrong before I pull the trigger on this build:

Jp81xUT.png

Looks pretty good.
I personally went for the Samsung 840 Pro series rather than non-Pro. They're arguably the best ssd out at the moment and the non-Pro has a shorter lifespan than most. non-Pro still good though.

Here's some comparisons.

Alright, I need to save a couple pennies, is there any reason a GTX760 2gb is a terrible idea?

The 760 seems like great value. I was going to get one but then I picked up a 7970ghz on sale for $339 instead.

Here's what you're missing out on 770 vs 760.

You can't spell Canada without 'Can.' Also you can't spell it without a 'Nada.'

I went to grab my phone out of my pocket and got tiny glass splinters in my fingers. Coincidentally, at that same moment, I discovered my phone has a cracked back screen. I'm not sure, but I think the two things may possibly be related.

Anyone know of any place in the Brisbane CBD I get a replacement glass back panel for an iPhone 4?
Why is there glass on the back of a phone?

Omikron

Anyone had graphical issues with Call of Juarez: Gunslinger? Blackness everywhere and I insta die. First mission was ok though.

Upside, a foil dropped and I got myself a tasty 6.75 in steam credit.

Small fry.

In the dying hours of the Steam Sales I put all 5 of my duplicate cards (because cods didn't care enough to get them) on the market and sold them for 10cents each. Profit to me: $0.50.

And that's US pennies, too. Not stinky Australian cents. Jealous?

You're jealous.

Gazunta

I think Microsoft should send me a review code
and a Surface Pro to test it out on

Fuck it's great to be home after one of the best weeks of my life...so have they announced when next years PAX is?

In the dying hours of the Steam Sales I put all 5 of my duplicate cards (because cods didn't care enough to get them) on the market and sold them for 10cents each. Profit to me: $0.50.
Didn't want your smelly cards when I had the whole set and sold a spare Tomb Raider and Prison Architect foil for a whole $2.18.

Shaneus

Did you check your pockets? Odd you would lose both :(
It's really, really bizarre... I have no idea :/ Checked data usage online for the Galaxy and it doesn't look like anyone's even tried to power it on or use it (at least, without the SIM in there) as it hasn''t registered any data usage at all since Sunday arvo (when I last would've used it). Only other thing that I could think of is if they were both nicked from the car when I parked in the city Sunday night for dinner (in a pay carpark). But I didn't notice any signs of forced entry and the alarm hadn't gone off, so I have no idea (left the Xbox 360 backpack on the passenger seat, so maybe that was enough for someone to go poking through? They didn't touch the PSP though).

Oh well, I'm not overly pissed. Passwords have been changed, double authentication has been setup where possible and just today I ordered a 3rd gen (same as my last one) iPad but with 32gb (over 16) and 3G (over wifi only). As far as the 'droid goes, I'm not going to chase down replacing that. If one falls in my lap then it's all good, otherwise I should take it as a sign that I need a break from Ingress for a bit ;)

They also have XBLA codes for Sega Rally Online Arcade for $6 at the moment
How much is that normally? I still have some points on XBLA thanks to those cheap MS ones, maybe I should just use those instead.

Ou96PjO.png

Hm. Gonna take a stab in the dark and guess that it's NOT that much on XBLA.

Anyone had graphical issues with Call of Juarez: Gunslinger? Blackness everywhere and I insta die. First mission was ok though.
You should try bumping down the difficulty level. I think you picked "Extra Hard".

Fuck it's great to be home after one of the best weeks of my life...so have they announced when next years PAX is?
2014?

agdklhfsfdfhsdflkdfjl The person I was swapping shifts with so I could go to an important meeting about my research project has decided at the last minute that no, she doesn't actually want to swap. Even after management signed off on it -_- To call in sick or to miss the meeting...

Three days after PAX and I'm feeling great, in fact I'm even healthier than I was before the show. It's the good life!

Posting this so I can quote myself in 24 hours when I'm vomiting blood on the streets

Well I guess this explains my blocked up face these past few days :/

Dead Man

Bahaha! Poor Canada.
Looks pretty good.
I personally went for the Samsung 840 Pro series rather than non-Pro. They're arguably the best ssd out at the moment and the non-Pro has a shorter lifespan than most. non-Pro still good though.

Here's some comparisons.

The 760 seems like great value. I was going to get one but then I picked up a 7970ghz on sale for $339 instead.

Here's what you're missing out on 770 vs 760.
Well, it seems they don't want to send me that system anyway, I shall call them tomorrow to sort out the problem. If shit is shown as in stock, shit should be in stock. Thanks for the info, think I'll skip the pro, $40 more for the same size.
agdklhfsfdfhsdflkdfjl The person I was swapping shifts with so I could go to an important meeting about my research project has decided at the last minute that no, she doesn't actually want to swap. Even after management signed off on it -_- To call in sick or to miss the meeting...

Fuck that, management signed off, it is their shift, they should have to call in sick if they can't do it.

markot

Banned

sickieeeeeeeeeee

Dead Man

In the real world yes, but this is the KFC world of oral agreements and "find a replacement if you call in sick".

Call in sick then break her kneecaps. Also, confirm to management that you had an agreement which they agreed with and by them saying it is your responsibility instead of hers they have made a mockery of their own authority to enforce workplace rules. Then break their kneecaps as well.

lexi

Banned
Call in sick then break her kneecaps. Also, confirm to management that you had an agreement which they agreed with and by them saying it is your responsibility instead of hers they have made a mockery of their own authority to enforce workplace rules. Then break their kneecaps as well.

Just break everybody's kneecaps.

Shaneus

How much is that normally? I still have some points on XBLA thanks to those cheap MS ones, maybe I should just use those instead.

Ou96PjO.png

Turns out it's been delisted from XBLA. But now having second thoughts because I could (I guess) get it on PS3 (thank you DSE sale on PSN cards!) and use my G27 wheel for it.

Jintor

If I was overthinking it I would have allowed it to ruin the movie for me. Instead I just filed it into the segment of my brain marked 'ignore for now'

jambo

Looks like my CPU might be fucked =[

Keep getting freezing and blue screens. Googled some of them and it looks to be CPU related.

Anyone have a spare socket 1156 they could lend me?...

OH SHIT GOD HAND IS ON SALE ON PSN I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR AGES AND IT EXPIRES TODAY ZOMG SO MUCH WIN

3/10

lexi

Banned
Looks like my CPU might be fucked =[

Keep getting freezing and blue screens. Googled some of them and it looks to be CPU related.

Anyone have a spare socket 1156 they could lend me?...

3/10

CPU's so rarely fail in a manner where it's intermittent. They either work (computer turns on) or don't (computer doesn't turn on).

HAY

HAY GUYS

LISTEN TO ME

IMMA OCTOPUS

D158BiT.png

JIM GUTHRIE HAS ALL HIS COOL SHIT UP FOR WHATEVERYOUWANNAPAY
AND YOU CAN GET SUPERBROS EP & INDIE GAME MOVIE FOR $4 STEAMKEY

EIIEVEN FUCKING ALBUMS FOR FREEISH
I PAID LIKE TEN BUCKS EACH AND I AINT EVEN MAD
THEY THAT SWEET

ONE MORE TWENTYFOURHOURS LEFT
DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT

MS Win 8 people funded it. So not at the moment.
Oh sweet! Anger fading, fading. Nice to hear they took a shot on them. Any chance to keep the IP alive is an awesome one. Hopefully MS end up wanting to port it to Xbone or Steam or something.

Ou96PjO.png

Was 800 on XBLA, dropped to 400 twice before the delisting. Pretty damn awesome price for something you can't get any more.

Bsod doesn't point towards a driver
TiWyh2c.jpg

Top Bottom