• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Had a Carlton Draught with lunch. Didn't want to blow the budget since we were out catching up with a friend from Melbourne. Our lunch still came to $60.

:/

Bernbaum

Nice choice Omi! We can only get that in tallies. Not a bad problem to have though!

-

Suda51's self-aware humour flies over the head of attention-seeker.

NEWS AT ELEVEN MOTHERFUCKERS.

Gazunta

I'm particularly loving the Gravity trailer thread full of people saying "Well, I lack the imagination to see how this could be a full length movie, so it's obviously going to be boring".

There's a reason not everyone gets to make movies / games / sock puppet theatre performances...

Deeku

Ok my subway station has become like a teen mass congregation deal...I've changed my mind about checking out this anime con thing

Jintor

I'm particularly loving the Gravity trailer thread full of people saying "Well, I lack the imagination to see how this could be a full length movie, so it's obviously going to be boring".

There's a reason not everyone gets to make movies / games / sock puppet theatre performances...

Honestly I was way more on board when I thought it was just going to be Cosmos in a cinema

Ok my subway station has become like a teen mass congregation deal...I've changed my mind about checking out this anime con thing

I guess I'll have to file you under 'baka gaijin' forever now

anyway it'd be wonderful if we could wait until the god damn thing came out before getting all angry about it

Shaneus

Suda51's self-aware humour flies over the head of attention-seeker.

NEWS AT ELEVEN MOTHERFUCKERS.
S'why I love so much of that hyper-American Japanese stuff that Platinum, Grasshopper/Suda etc. put out. It's all such a pisstake that if you take it seriously, your head will explode with a divide by 0 error.

Binary Domain, Shadows of the Damned, Diabolical Pitch, Lollipop Chainsaw, Bayonetta... gawd damn, if only the US could take the piss out of Western culture like the Japanese do.

Dead Man

Fucking Hockey:http://www.melbournereview.com.au/commentary/article/dollar-up-dollar-down

Back in February, when the Australian dollar was trading over US$1.03, Shadow Treasurer Joe Hockey said, “The current high value of the dollar continues to be of concern to Australian businesses.” He went on, “there is no doubt that the high Australian dollar is impeding the competitiveness of Australian exporters and making life difficult for Australian producers who compete with imported products.”

Mr Hockey was correct – the high Australian dollar was a concern and a problem for the economy and was a factor behind the revenue shortfall for the government and was it was eating away at the pace of economic growth.

Move forward to July and the Australian dollar has depreciated towards US$0.90, which most economists, including at the Reserve Bank of Australia, are welcoming. But not Mr Hockey who now thinks the lower dollar is having an "immediate negative impact" on business confidence and will push up business costs as import prices rise.

According to analysis from Mr Hockey, the strong Australian dollar was bad news in February, while the weaker or lower Australian dollar is bad news in July

Clearly Hockey just wants parity. That's all. Quit twisting his words, man!

AFL is fair game imo, also league.
The fuck I'm going after league. End up with a flare fired into my face, yo. And then they'd hooligan me.

Edit: MUTHAFUCKA! Thought you meant A-League. Not going after rugby league, either. They'd piss on me and gangbang the regret out of me.

Omikron

Well, AFL is a game about fitness, but lacks a lot of other nuances imo. The way they change the rules regularly to counter tactics is an indictment and shows a lack of belief that the game can manage itself.

Also, gws beating Collingwood, I shall laugh heartily.

markot

Banned
Well, AFL is a game about fitness, but lacks a lot of other nuances imo. The way they change the rules regularly to counter tactics is an indictment and shows a lack of belief that the game can manage itself.

Also, gws beating Collingwood, I shall laugh heartily.

Why do they even need to bounce the ball, thats silly.

tyB96vj.jpg

Sounds delicious!

Shaneus

For those of you on iiNet, this might be useful for you:
Exciting update on the XBox front .. we all know this gone on far too long.

With Microsoft's help we're trialling a solution using our own CDN to deliver your XBox downloads as Freezone. Internal trials (my XBox) have gone very well, but we need to get some load onto the system and see if anything weird crops up.

If you'd like to participate you'll need to manually set a new DNS in your XBox network settings, but please please please DO NOT use this DNS in your modem or other devices. It serves no purpose other than this, and may cause other issues.

The IP is: 203.14.173.1

Go into Settings/System/Network Settings/Configure Network/Basic Settings/DNS Settings on your XBox. Change to Manual and enter that IP as your Pimary DNS. Your box will then use our CDN for everything from download.xbox.com which should be the majority of your game & demo downloads.

If all goes well with this trial Microsoft will update their DNS load balancing to make this change permanent, and you will no longer require any special settings.

Oh and please keep in mind this is an engineering trial. Support won't be able to assist you with this service. Please post your feedback here (or over on the games.on.net forums). If you have issues just move your STB back to Automatic DNS or whatever you had set previously and let me know what went wrong :)

-wob
Just testing it now, hope it's the goods.

Da fuck body. Was woozy as fuck after lunch, laid down on the couch to watch some ABC2 with the kid and passed out. Dragged myself to bed and woke up at like 9pm.

SO MUCH FOR SLEEPING TONIGHT IDIOT BODY :/

I thought Moon was a GAF favourite? There really is a fuckton of stupid as shit shittalk these days. Just a constant parade of fuckwit juniors as well that never get pulled into line. Oh well, I'm not a mod so no point getting irritated by it.

Liberal policy.

EVERYTHING SUCKS AND EVERYTHING IS BAD AND WE SHOULD FEEL BAD

Also yeah Hockey sucks.

It's ok to support a sport with morally corrupt people in charge.
I guess so when that is every sport on this green Earth! I would expect most of my favourite foods to be made my morally corrupt assholes too.

They change the rules to create outrage and constant discussion in the media and the workplace every day. Smart but irritating. Main reason I hate AFL at the same time as loving it.

Some policies have been for the benefit of safety of players though thankfully.

Sounds delicious!
Hate Aniseed. Not cool dude suave sophisticated Aniseed, I mean the spice and subsequent lollies. Bleh.

i would trade more jase/shaneus feud for less jasepuns anyday

oeNcDNu.gif

Top Bottom