• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Shaneus

But yeah, this and the Microbox Falcon are examples of Atari Computers liquidating all their old patents after the company went bankrupt. Pretty sure that Sony scooped up the Microbox patent and recycled it into the PS2. Pretty amazing that the most influential case design from the last decade was designed by Atari in 1992.
L6P5LyU.jpg

Whoa.
Insane.

Shaneus

FUCKING WHAT THE SHIT WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?!?
Stardock acquires rights to Star Control franchise
Stardock acquires rights to Star Control franchise
Development to begin this year on new Star Control game for PC.

Stardock is pleased to announce that it has secured the rights to the classic PC franchise Star Control with the intent to develop a new Star Control game. Development on the new game will begin this year with a release date to be determined at a later time.

“We expect the new Star Control to come in the form of a reboot, similar to what Firaxis did with the XCOM series last year,” said Brad Wardell, president and CEO of Stardock. "We are looking at Star Control II as a major source of inspiration.”
MY VEINS! HOOK IT STRAIGHT UP TO THEM!

Hope they bring on Reiche and Ford to co-produce/write. I like the Stardock stuff, but they're a little too slow and complicated for my liking. If they can make Star Control 3 then I will be over the moon (pun not intended).

How the fuck is it cheaper to buy a return airfare then it is to buy a one way one. I can understand a slight markup but this is ridiculous.

We know... and you've been trying to hook us via stealth lie-linking to them.

Ah shit. That's what Shaneus meant :/

Fudge buckets.

I seriously fuck up every second link I paste! Just didn't catch that one. Damn tabbed browsing!
It was meant to be one of the many many MANY MANY stupid junior member posts in the ZOMG BURN YOUR BATH TUBS, THE PS4 WILL HAVE 3 3.5 4 4.5 5 5.5 6 GB OF RAM FOR GAEMSSSSSSSS thread.

To: Jambo
RE: AFL

Merrett came off the line, he fucked up. Can't pull that shit when you mark in a huge pack right on the goal square, Monfries didn't come anywhere near him. Monfries had an opponent who started walking away and had his back to him, how was Monfries to know that his dude had in that split second moved?

Right decision umpire. Merrett was trying to milk a 50 metre penalty.

Rlan

Explain Salary Sacrifice to me. I've done it before for consoles and stuff from work, but I'm not entirely sure on how the benefit works. Is that the "saving" I make from it is basically taken out of my the Tax I'll get back, right?

Explain Salary Sacrifice to me. I've done it before for consoles and stuff from work, but I'm not entirely sure on how the benefit works. Is that the "saving" I make from it is basically taken out of my the Tax I'll get back, right?

I have no idea, that stuff goes right over my head.

Although I really want to ask if this is Halfbrick being floated on the stock exchange.

Shaneus

Ah shit. That's what Shaneus meant :/

Fudge buckets.

I seriously fuck up every second link I paste! Just didn't catch that one. Damn tabbed browsing!
It was meant to be one of the many many MANY MANY stupid junior member posts in the ZOMG BURN YOUR BATH TUBS, THE PS4 WILL HAVE 3 3.5 4 4.5 5 5.5 6 GB OF RAM FOR GAEMSSSSSSSS thread.
What else could I have meant?

Jintor

Fuck. This piece of shit wifi. It suddenly stopped working. Every time I reset the modem/wireless, it exists in detectable form for long enough for my devices to see it and attempt to connect and then it dies before any of them actually manage to. What the hell is going on

Basically, you "sacrifice" money from your total earning for a year. Those monies are taken from your total before you pay tax, so you save the taxable amount for the portion of your salary that has been sacrificed.

To do an overly simplistic example:

John earns $100 per year and as the tax rate is 50% he gets $50 per year.

Peter would earn $100, but he sacrificed $20 of that in return for a new XBox1. Therefore he only pays tax on $80. For the year he basically gets to keep $40 after tax plus has a $20 XBox. When you add those together, Peter basically utilized $60 instead of John's $50.

Salary Sacrifice items need to be government approved items otherwise I believe they fall into Fringe Benefit items, which may be taxed once declared during a tax refund application.

Basically, you "sacrifice" money from your total earning for a year. Those monies are taken from your total before you pay tax, so you save the taxable amount for the portion of your salary that has been sacrificed.

Peter would earn $100, but he sacrificed $20 of that in return for a new XBox1. Therefore he only pays tax on $80. For the year he basically gets to keep $40 after tax plus has a $20 XBox. When you add those together, Peter basically utilized $60 instead of John's $50.

Salary Sacrifice items need to be government approved items otherwise I believe they fall into Fringe Benefit items, which may be taxed once declared during a tax refund application.
But what if you are bald and it isn't a government approved item?

simpler way- pay for a something out of pretax dollars.

If your employer offers it, its an ATO friendly thing you want, and its something you're going to get anyway, it makes sense.

Dead Man

Unless you work for a qualifying charitable organisation, in which case you can claim the first 16k or so as long as you are not paid cash. But yeah, in the main.

Exactly.

You know, the new Superman movie could have been improved if it had taken some cues form Superman 3. I ask you, what Superman (or any, movie, quite frankly) couldn't be improved by a drunkard, über-git version of Superman?

My girlfriend and I finished off Bioshock Infinite after a long break. We both really enjoyed it, the ending fights were pretty pish posh and what are you gonna do.

Jintor

Turns out the remote relay system was interfering with the wifi transmit frequency. I ended up playing Tomb Raider instead. That's a fun metroidvania. The more realistic it gets the more I notice the videogaminess though. And I prefer the videogaminess, so... I dunno.

Jintor

There was this pretty cool bit where I was scrambling around a pretty open junktown environment with lots of multiple levels of elevation and broken sightlines and plenty of routes to run around and jump up and so on but it was kind of crap because the enemy ai appears to have only two settings, 'know where you are' or 'blindly incompetent' and you can't seem to transition from the alert setting back to the second or have gradients of predator-esque awareness. Also the visual styling in that area, while pretty, is also a goddamn mess and you can't see enemies or routes very clearly during split-second combat so it's a bit shit all up

Probably been discussed before but what mobile provider does AusGAF use? What is your plan, reception, area you live in etc? I came off contract in Dec last year and I just didn't bother resigning for a new phone, so I still have my old iPhone 4. I've been with Optus for those two years and I must say the reception where I live (rural area on the central coast) is abysmal. It costs $59 a month, with like $600 value (lol) and 2gb of data.

So I just decided to switch it up, I wanted Telstra's superior coverage but without the price tag, so I got one of those boost mobile starter kits a few days ago. I must say I'm pretty impressed. They use Telstra's full 3G/Next G network (not LTE though) and it's only $40 or 30days of service, which includes unlimited talk/text and 3gb of data.

So now the problem is, I'll be looking to get a new phone in the next few months (some suggestions would be great), but then I'm going to buy it outright... Are there any decent plans on offer that don't break the budget?

lexi

Banned
I'm with Telstra for mobile, and only cause I got a sweetheart deal cause I was switching from another provider.

That said, coverage and speed is better than I've seen from any other provider. I think that goes without saying these days.

Jintor

Oh, great, one of my law subjects only has a 'seminar' listed but the unit guide says it's got a lecture and a tutorial... blargh

jambo

Halfway baby!

How is that any sort of justification?

Well I thought it was funny.

Especially after Beer was such a fucking douche in that video.

Like I said yesterday though, Fish needs help with his bi-polar condition and Twitter probably isn't the best situation for someone like that.

Top Bottom