• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Bernbaum

BERNTALES - because stupid things happen to me and everyone needs to know

I am currently moving house. The replacement tenants in my West End home are Diogo Ferreira and Dimitri Petratos - two recent signing from Sydney and Melbourne to the Brsbane Roar. Two A-League players will be living in my filth. I would like to think they will put away more roots than I did.

Before I realised who they were, Diogo was telling me that he'd just moved to Brisbane from Melbourne. Having recently visited Melbourne, a city I love, I proceed to tell him that he's an idiot because the food is more expensive and not as good as what Melbourne has to offer. Then he tells me he's a A-League star. Boy am I dumb!

Berntales part two: in my newer, much nicer home, I am but a mere handful of doors up the street from Bernard Fanning. I don't care much for his music, but HOT DAMN is his wife a looker!

I am currently moving house. The replacement tenants in my West End home are Diogo Ferreira and Dimitri Petratos - two recent signing from Sydney and Melbourne to the Brsbane Roar. Two A-League players will be living in my filth. I would like to think they will put away more roots than I did.

Before I realised who they were, Diogo was telling me that he'd just moved to Brisbane from Melbourne. Having recently visited Melbourne, a city I love, I proceed to tell him that he's an idiot because the food is more expensive and not as good as what Melbourne has to offer. Then he tells me he's a A-League star. Boy am I dumb!

Berntales part two: in my newer, much nicer home, I am but a mere handful of doors up the street from Bernard Fanning. I don't care much for his music, but HOT DAMN is his wife a looker!

If he is ever sick and you do not go to him with food and tell him that you just wanna wish him well, over.and.over. we cant be friends

Gazunta

If he is ever sick and you do not go to him with food and tell him that you just wanna wish him well, over.and.over. we cant be friends

champagne-comedy.gif

Great story Bern. You really are a stupid head. :p

What the fuck Bern, you living the high life or something? All dem celebs. Try and get on TMZ! (or whatever the Australian equivalent is, ACA I guess)

Also tell Fanning his recent stuff is mediocre and safe as fuck, old lazy prick. Dat sexy waifu has made him forget about the music.

ALSO YOUR PRECIOUS SATELIGHT RAIN MADE ITS MONEY LIKE I SAID IT WOULD
Would be shocked if they don't hit 500k pounds once Paypal slacker-backing gets up and running. Post Kickstarter can be lucrative as fuck!

64MZee6.gif

Also 73% of Ouya buyers haven't purchased a game

d0Wew1i.gif

Also lol Don lined up that Golden Parachute quite well
Social game maker Zynga announced its second quarter financial results today, posting a $15.8 million loss for the three month period ended June 30, bringing in revenue of $213 million. Revenue for the quarter was down 31 percent year-over-year from the same period last year, when the company pulled in $332 million.

Zynga also posted declines in the number of daily active users that play its games during Q2. Last year, Zynga boasted 72 million daily users in its second quarter; this year, just 39 million, a 45 percent drop. From Zynga's Q1 of this year, the company shed 24 percent of its daily active users.

Also Payday 2! Steam is pretty much the only place to buy it lol
Anyone got a ton of Steam Wallet credit? Could grab a $50 and 2x$20 cards from EB so it turns into AUD$90 instead of USD$90 saving a few bucks.
$22.50 each in a 4 pack for the OG edition
$37.50 each for the Deluxe.

It makes me realise I should have been doing these kinds of things years ago instead of wasting my life drawing comics about a dog that is, get this, also the President.
No shit! I told you that ages ago. Putting a personal spin into comics makes the reader draw an emotional connection to you, especially when the comics are as lovable and smile inducing as yours.

DONT STOP DRAWING PRESIDOG THOUGH
He is like the awesome Family Guy cutaway gag that is topical as well as hilariously irreverent. He's a double threat!

Omikron

Ferreira is a terrible player and there is a reason he doesn't play for Melbourne anymore. :>

Rahk

I haven't even taken it out of the box.

Also Payday 2! Steam is pretty much the only place to buy it lol
Anyone got a ton of Steam Wallet credit? Could grab a $50 and 2x$20 cards from EB so it turns into AUD$90 instead of USD$90 saving a few bucks.
$22.50 each in a 4 pack for the OG edition
$37.50 each for the Deluxe.
I spent all mine during the sale. Does anyone actually want $70 in their Paypal account though? I don't mind doing a bank transfer if someone wants to get cards from EB.

Yeah they announced that at PAX a week ago (well, a week ago in an hour and a half lol).
Hope we see PS4 out in the wild too. Not that I am going but it will be nice to hear impressions.

I'll probably fly up from Melbourne, so I better secure my tickets to EB Expo today. Ideally it would be sweet to see the PS4 there.

I've got X1 on preorder but I haven't pulled the pin on a PS4 just yet.

The PS4 is the one you're not sure about? How is that even possible.

I've never been a fan of the PS controller, I can't stand the sticks really. Also I got sucked into Halo for like the last 5-10 years of gaming. Now with family and getting back into PC gaming (just built a new rig and downloaded Steam during summer sale) I guess PS4 hasn't grabbed me for any exclusives yet...

My man cave renovations are finished apart from some blinds and security systems so I'm ready to fill it out this year with next gen goodies!

Make sure the mancave has a barfridge! That is must have. Tempted to put mine in the office even though the fridge isn't that far of a walk lol

EDIT: Halo and Cheevos are the 2 things going for the Xbone at the moment. PS4 has everything else, including the lower price!

Make sure the mancave has a barfridge! That is must have. Tempted to put mine in the office even though the fridge isn't that far of a walk lol

EDIT: Halo and Cheevos are the 2 things going for the Xbone at the moment. PS4 has everything else, including the lower price!

Man cave has mini half fridge, full bar with sink, own bathroom, 2 x 46" LED, 4 x 28" HDMI PC monitors (2ms response), gaming PC i7 based, bi-fold doors, own bathroom, toilet shower, a bedroom (furnished minimally), AC/heater split system, own power/circuits, LAN wired throughout, 1 couch, 2 single chairs, 68cm CRT, power points everywhere, 360, xbox, modded xbox, n64, Wii etc, dedicated broadband and separate phone line (fucking NBN not in my area for another 3 years!!! Damn it!). All I need now are blinds, security (going in this weekend), paint job, decoration and next gen games systems to go in with a bash weekend to kick off some console/LAN goodness. Also my pergola & BBQ area is only 10 feet away. It's going to be my second home from the same home ;)

It does double as my home office though, perks of owning your own company.

As for Cheevos, I've never gotten into them. I just played and gather whatever comes my way.

More Australian homes need basements how do you build a proper man cave without basements!

Build a stand alone unit on the same property, better than a basement! I do miss basements as I used to live in New York + LA.

Have you seen Titanfall?

Oh yes it will be mine!
waynes-world-fender-stratocaster-ex.jpg

senahorse

My man cave wasn't really a man cave until the bar fridge went in.

Huh, what does that mean? You can only download a limited amount of times from the site?
That's exactly what it means. The DRM-free version that is.

Also the Shadowrun DRM situation is really messy.
They explained all that during the development process, except never mentioned the DRM-free version would have limited downloads (is limiting the downloads also not a form of DRM?).

The DRM-free version is gimped anyway, but I wanted to play it. Guess I have to wait until I have decent internet.

Fredescu

Any one have any phone game recommendations for Android? Preferably turn based, but something real time like 100000 isn't too bad I guess. No out and out action games. Something in the vein of Triple Town, Puzzle Quest, Rebuild, Game Dev Story, that sort of thing. Something with a nice big interface that doesn't require much precision.

Any one have any phone game recommendations for Android?
Can't think of anything turn based, but check out Majesty, Knights of Pen and Paper and The Room. Many Final Fantasy games (and Chrono Trigger, Tactics rumoured soon too) but are bloody expensive.

You may also be interested in Punch Quest, League of Evil, Rayman Jungle Run and Super Hexagon. Some have free versions. They're all good but require precision.

Fredescu

Thanks! I've got Majesty. I think I played The Room on PC if it's the same. How is Knights on the phone? It's a bit worrying that the demo video uses a mouse. Does it suit short play sessions?

Deeku

so, judging by the massive crowds of anime shirt wearing/nerdy/weird lookin types around my subway station (which happens to be the convention centre stop...), i think there's an anime con of some sort going on

turns out i'm right! and it appears admission tickets are 30 hk dollars, so like 4 bucks...hmmmm

senahorse

Also Sono was as always fan-fucking-tastic, still the best Japanese I have had, mind you I haven't been to Japan but I have tried a lot of the food :D

Jintor

so, judging by the massive crowds of anime shirt wearing/nerdy/weird lookin types around my subway station (which happens to be the convention centre stop...), i think there's an anime con of some sort going on

turns out i'm right! and it appears admission tickets are 30 hk dollars, so like 4 bucks...hmmmm

if you go, i sincerely hope you are suited up

Ydahs

Does anyone here have any experience with HDMI capture devices (not card, need it to work with my laptop)? If so, any recommendations? I need one which will allow me to livestream locally since I'm using it for an experiment.

Only one I've heard of is the 'Roxio Game Capture HD Pro', but I can't find out if you can create your own local stream.

Does anyone here have any experience with HDMI capture devices (not card, need it to work with my laptop)? If so, any recommendations? I need one which will allow me to livestream locally since I'm using it for an experiment.

Only one I've heard of is the 'Roxio Game Capture HD Pro', but I can't find out if you can create your own local stream.

This a pretty sweet product, AverMedia Live Gamer Portable

Especially if your laptop is USB3. Here is a better description of features: hdmi pass through, live commentary, hardware encoding and auto streams to TwitchTV

Lirrik

Some good news for Xbox part of AusGAF: right now in 360 beta dashboard prices in AUD are GREAT. They just took prices in USD and set them to AUD, which makes Australian Xbox LIVE Marketplace even cheaper than US right now.

80 allards = $USD 1 = $AUD 1.

For example, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon costs 1200 allards = $USD 14.99 on US Marketplace = $AUD 14.95 on Australian Marketplace.
PlayStation comparison: on US PSN it still costs $USD 14.99, but on AU PSN it's $AUD 21.95.

Of course, it's only beta and Microsoft could still bump prices before public release. But I doubt that, prices were higher at the beginning of the beta, so why would they make the change?

Anyway, right now it's great. It's a shame Games on Demand prices aren't on par with US yet, but we can only blame retail for that.

Blackmagic make some decent capture devices. I have a PCI card that works pretty well (so long as you have the resolution of the card set to match that of the console you're capping from)

For example, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon costs 1200 allards = $USD 14.99 on US Marketplace = $AUD 14.95 on Australian Marketplace.
PlayStation comparison: on US PSN it still costs $USD 14.99, but on AU PSN it's $AUD 21.95.

Of course, it's only beta and Microsoft could still bump prices before public release. But I doubt that, prices were higher at the beginning of the beta, so why would they make the change?

Yeah there was a big outcry when the UK (and us) were getting fucked over with the change. Canada was a big winner but MS need to keep that foothold in the UK so they fixed the fuck up and pushed it even further the other way into our favour!

I would expect from here on out games that are USD$15 will be AUD$20 though. Publishers will demand parity with PSN and I'm sure this change over has already resulted in a dumptruck load of emails to MS from salty publishers.

EDIT: What do your current stash of Allards convert into in your account? Say 1200 allards.

Top Bottom