• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Man, tomb raider is weird. The pacing is totally weird.

It's like Uncharted meets Metroidvania meets Nixxes doing their usual amazing PC port job meets Good Prince of Persia.

ITS FUCKING AWESOME AND WHY DIDNT ANYONE TELL ME

Hey Bern! You should buy it if you don't already have it. Was $12.50 from Gamersgate. Wait for it to hit that price again.

Lirrik

EDIT: What do your current stash of Allards convert into in your account? Say 1200 allards.
Can't really tell. Somehow my points weren't converted: I still have MS points on my account on Xbox.com but have beta and all the prices on dashboard are in AUD. I imagine I would trigger conversion if I try to buy something on my Xbox, but I am fine with using points for now, I shop mostly through xbox.com.

Jintor

About an hour in and I feel like I keep getting thrown from stupid scene to other stupid scene. Sneak past all the dudes, if you're seen you instant die! Pass by two guards, hide in a hole, do a stupid quick time event, spend like two minutes retching or whatever and nobody comes to check despite all the commotion. Blargh. I hope I get more gameplay instead of quick time events or dumb cutscenes about crap I don't care about.

I like the ambience they're going for and Lara seems cool and I want to collect journals and doo-dads in the world but it's all ruined whenever her hand clips through a rock or her hair goes poof in the air because physics is broken

About an hour in and I feel like I keep getting thrown from stupid scene to other stupid scene. Sneak past all the dudes, if you're seen you instant die! Pass by two guards, hide in a hole, do a stupid quick time event, spend like two minutes retching or whatever and nobody comes to check despite all the commotion. Blargh. I hope I get more gameplay instead of quick time events or dumb cutscenes about crap I don't care about.

I like the ambience they're going for and Lara seems cool and I want to collect journals and doo-dads in the world but it's all ruined whenever her hand clips through a rock or her hair goes poof in the air because physics is broken

PC or console version? Haven't noticed any bugs so far. Looks amazeballs. Can't run TressFX though :(

Also the QTE stuff tones down quickly. Year of the fucking bow.

Tomb Raider starts a bit off sluggish since you can't really do much early one, but once you get the hang of it and get the first few upgrades it's really good. I can't comment about the story everyone complains about because I was probably skipping cutscenes and/or second screening a TV show.

I still prefer Keeley Hawes' voice as Lara from theTR games earlier this gen. Maybe she does classier groaning.

Shaneus

Shaneus, you sound like you are doing a great job as an uncle.
Possibly, but possibly not. I've not visited them for a while and I feel guilty as hell. However I hope to make up for that by spending five minutes with him eating cake and giving him presents at one of those kids play center things (I've never been to one before) prior to drowning him in a pit of balls.

They'd better damn well not have some kind of upper limit on age for that playground. Also, I want fairy bread and party bags. Also maybe an icecream cake.

Shit, I should bring my lactose tablets.

BERNTALES - because stupid things happen to me and everyone needs to know

I am currently moving house. The replacement tenants in my West End home are Diogo Ferreira and Dimitri Petratos - two recent signing from Sydney and Melbourne to the Brsbane Roar. Two A-League players will be living in my filth. I would like to think they will put away more roots than I did.

Before I realised who they were, Diogo was telling me that he'd just moved to Brisbane from Melbourne. Having recently visited Melbourne, a city I love, I proceed to tell him that he's an idiot because the food is more expensive and not as good as what Melbourne has to offer. Then he tells me he's a A-League star. Boy am I dumb!

Berntales part two: in my newer, much nicer home, I am but a mere handful of doors up the street from Bernard Fanning. I don't care much for his music, but HOT DAMN is his wife a looker!

champagne-comedy.gif

Great story Bern. You really are a stupid head. :p
D Generation reference. Genius.

State of Decay is out in Australia! 1600 allards.
Oh, sweet! I thought it wasn't coming out here?

Should I wait for the PC one or just jump in on this?

Oh yes it will be mine!
waynes-world-fender-stratocaster-ex.jpg
Beautiful.

Some good news for Xbox part of AusGAF: right now in 360 beta dashboard prices in AUD are GREAT. They just took prices in USD and set them to AUD, which makes Australian Xbox LIVE Marketplace even cheaper than US right now.

80 allards = $USD 1 = $AUD 1.

For example, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon costs 1200 allards = $USD 14.99 on US Marketplace = $AUD 14.95 on Australian Marketplace.
PlayStation comparison: on US PSN it still costs $USD 14.99, but on AU PSN it's $AUD 21.95.

Of course, it's only beta and Microsoft could still bump prices before public release. But I doubt that, prices were higher at the beginning of the beta, so why would they make the change?

Anyway, right now it's great. It's a shame Games on Demand prices aren't on par with US yet, but we can only blame retail for that.
Do you have to apply for each beta individually? Because I signed up for one yonks ago but it's been a while now.

Can't run TressFX though :(
Suck it! TEAM RED, MOTHERFUCKAAAAHHHHH

Jintor

I'm running on ultra, not much stuttering at all, super playable. Weird.

Got a lot more fun. I kinda wish it was Just Cause 3 starring Lara Croft though. Or Far Cry 2. Oh well. Puffins.

PUS PUS PUS COUPLE OF PUS THIS MORNING
D158BiT.png

Borderlands 2 for USD$7.50
XCOM for USD$9
TONS OF CASH BACK DEALS AT GMG
Batman Arkham Origins for USD$38 preorder
Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn CE for USD $38 preorder
Rise of the Triad for USD$11 preorder
Civ5 Brave New World DLC for USD$24
Total War: Rome II for USD$48 preorder
The Bureau XCOM for USD$33 preorder
Tomb Raider for USD$10
Sleeping Dogs GOTY Edition for USD$12.23

Also Hitman Absolution for USD$6.24

I'm running on ultra, not much stuttering at all, super playable. Weird.
With TressFX? Jelly. It's like ubersampling in TW2, just kills my 460, but turned off the rest of the game is buttery smooth and looks amazing.

[PATENTED REPTILE SALE LOGO]
Square Enix games cheap at GMG this weekend. Thief, Tomb Raider, Hitman, Sleeping Dogs, Deus Ex, Just Cause etc all cheap. Most seem to be Steam keys.
We really need an AusGAFfer in Europe. Would make picking up on deals sooooo much easier since most of them pop overnight.

Shaneus

So the Soul Reaver series is on sale! Which ones should I get?
The Late Show, bitch. And so's the inaccurately labeled YouTube vid you linked to. Know your shit!! I thought you were better than that
(nah, I didn't)
The clips are from "The Late Show" but who put on "The Late Show"? The D Generation. Jesus fucking christ, you're thick... even for a simian.

The Late Show consisted of members that were part of a previous group called The D Generation. They broke up into (roughly) two smaller groups; one group put on The Late Show and the other went on to do Fast Forward i.e. one group went on to do something of worth the other just milked Ch7 for money for too many years

Sometimes you can be quite close to being right, but then you just Shaneus it up.

Shaneus

The Late Show consisted of members that were part of a previous group called The D Generation. They broke up into (roughly) two smaller groups; one group put on The Late Show and the other went on to do Fast Forward i.e. one group went on to do something of worth the other just milked Ch7 for money for too many years

Sometimes you can be quite close to being right, but then you just Shaneus it up.
Congratulations, you can read Wikipedia:
After the breakup of the original The D-Generation, some of the members went on to perform on the commercial TV programme Fast Forward. The remaining members filmed several pilots for what was to be called The Late Late Show at Channel Nine. These were rejected, and so the group accepted the ABC's offer of a one-hour timeslot on Saturday night.
Says something when an old ape like yourself has to rely on the internet for their knowledge rather than actually having lived it.

Or, you know, actual knowledge.

You've Shaneus'd it up again.

I'm not going to mention the irony that you had to go to Wikipedia to fact check me.

Rahk

So the Soul Reaver series is on sale! Which ones should I get?
Probably all of them if you think you will enjoy the story. So that's Soul Reaver 1, 2 and Legacy of Kain: Defiance. From what I remember, the gameplay is quite similar across all the games so it will depend on if the story holds your interest. I thought the story was pretty cool back when I played it.

The first game seems to assume some prior knowledge of Blood Omen so it lost me for a while when I played it ages ago. Or maybe I just wasn't paying attention. You might be able to just jump into Defiance, the latest one, if you don't think you'll be able to get through all of them, but not sure how much prior story knowledge it assumes. It's probably fine though.

$1.74 each on GMG? Maybe I'll get them since I never ended up finishing them.

That means the only difference between now and then is that women will willingly come to me and pay to see me in my underwear?

Come on, 2020!!

Well they demand the money back after the show obviously. Buyer beware don't work against an angry, disgusted mob!
Doesn't matter. Either way, this should drastically cut the number of public indecency court cases I will have to attend. Think of all that free time I'll have in the future!

Imagine the ratings on the honeymoon epsiode.
I can't imagine there will be ratings..

Lastly: Saw Pacific Rim last night. Predictable film was predictable. I haven't had so many unintentional laughs in quite some time. Russians were outrageously uber-stereotypical. Robots and pilots were pretty much cribbed from Power Rangers (and I know they cribbed it from the Japanese shows but I don't know the names of them). Once again, film Australian accents prove to be really weird and actually hard to understand at times. Action was good, as it did not use patented BayShakyCam™ technology and I wasn't bored for the duration of the film, even if I was bemused most the time.

So you guys know much about TF2 Outpost? Tempted to play the market and get a copy of the Payday 2 CE for USD$28ish. Basically buy TF2 keys and trade them for games. If only I got onto it a week ago when they were 40c cheaper!

He's a mad bowser.

Also GAF has totally felt lax recently with what people can get away with compared to 4-5 years ago.

Yeah I keep restraining myself from getting tough with a quote only to be hit back with straight up bullshit and foul language. Can't get myself out of that respectful tone when I type >_<

Top Bottom