• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Jintor

Even if Ninty starts making dramatic decisions now short of a global price cut you won't see any results for like another two years or so. Jesus. Sometimes I really do think they should retreat into become a Nintendo Box for Nintendo Games.

Danoss

Fuck it, next year we should hold our own PAX. Except with blackjack. And hookers. Seriously though, I think that would be the better thing to do, should we think about doing something like having one big meetup thing again. Cheaper for the majority, too. Even cheaper still if we do it in Geelong!

If there's roleplaying and board games, I'm there! PAX have to step up their game to make the tabletop section enticing to me, so it's highly likely that I'd want to meet outside of PAX to shoot the breeze, roll some dice and push some chits with cool people.

Deeku

I've never actually looked into the financials of Nintendo, or any other video game company...might be an interesting thing to do this weekend in between sessions of last of us!

Shaneus

You all played Colossatron right guys?

My PAXAUS experience wasn't particulary good either.

Started off on the wrong foot entirely. Our 10:40AM Flight from Brisbane to Melbourne was delayed by 5 hours. What a bloody mess! Me and my mates ended up doing a pub crawl through the Airport!

Thankfully, the Apartments @ Docklands where we stayed were really great. Nice view, well kept, everything was in order. Great place to stay!

Went Friday and Saturday, didn't even bother with Saturday (went to meet my Grandparent instead). It was fucking freezing the whole time even with my winter clothes.

Getting home on Friday was a complete shitfest (Apparently cabbies are all jerks and don't pick people up?) and eventually went home on the Train after waiting in the rain for an hour.

Friday I went to the Halfbrick show (naturally, as the other hall was completely full anyway), saw a couple of games, caught up with a few other guys, didn't end up playing too much.

Sunday was probably my best day. I tried the Oculus Rift HD after a 1/2 hour wait and honestly feel pretty flat about the whole thing after so many people saying it was amazeballs. Better than the Alienware booth on the Friday that had the regular Oculus Rift on show, which was plugged into a bad laptop, and they had a car demo set up that was on the lowest settings, so it ran at 10fps and looked worse than a N64 game. Bleh. The Oculus HD LOOKED far better, but it didn't really wow me at all.

Sunday I also saw two panels - the Xbox One thing and the Jeff Cannata talk. The Xbox One thing actually wasn't too bad, they showed off the Kinect 2 a lot and compared to the original it's pretty amazing. The 2N1T talk was pretty good to see his new show, but his talk was also with a Hyper guy and some other dude, Apparenlty Jeff & Ryan from Giant Bomb were going to be there for him, but well.. you know.

Probably my highlight (outside of the sweet Halfbrick booth) was the Nintendo Booth. 3DSs everywhere, great demos of Pikmin 3 and Super Mario 3D World. Want to buy a Wii U now (assuming a Price Drop is around the corner)

Lowpoint is basically the other guys - Sony and Microsoft. Seriously, not a fucking thing to do with the PlayStation at this whole thing. Not PS3, Not PS4, not Vita. Seriously, after a big-ass Nintendo booth, Sony couldn't even do anything? Microsoft didn't have a booth either, just a corner where you could take a picture of the Xbox One? What a shit show.

Also kind of disappointed with the Indies shown there. As a guy who finished and purchased every puzzle in Puzzle Retreat, I have zero interest in Voxel Agent's Toy Mania. It kind of looked bad and wasn't particularly fun. I really like the idea behind Defiant Development's Hand of Fate with the card system for levels and going through battles, but the battles themselves were just another bad 3rd person action game, which I've seen a million of on XBLA the past year or so. Maybe we'll see something more in the future.

Another issue - stupid Yuppy Melbourne not letting us into pubs because we were "too casual". We ended up going to the James Squire Hotel at the end of the Docklands (where we were staying) three of the four nights we were there. Ended up making mates with the owner, who kept us company several hours after they were meant to close!

Not sure if I'd go next year. One of the things I regret was my lack of networking. Didn't really chat with many developers or figure out what was going on afterwards. Wanted to get into some dev parties or something.
Did you play Assault Android Cactus? Guarantee that would've changed your mind completely on PAX ;) Well, not entirely... that would take a LOT. But it was right near the HB area, so hopefully you caught it.

I hope everyone who went to PAX and has and ipad bought Crabitron after playing it. Was talking to the developers in Sunday and they only sold like 10 copies after being on show for 2 days.

Another classic XCOM on the way.

You all played Colossatron right guys?
Yes! Is it out on Android yet? Also the Fish game?

Thankfully, the Apartments @ Docklands where we stayed were really great. Nice view, well kept, everything was in order. Great place to stay!
Hey I looked at staying there, good to know it was a nice spot, I'll definitely make a note of that.

Friday I went to the Halfbrick show (naturally, as the other hall was completely full anyway), saw a couple of games, caught up with a few other guys, didn't end up playing too much.
Same here. Missed out on Gilbert by like 4 people :(
Halfbrick panel was fun though. Shocked there were still tons of seats even as the panel got rolling when the theatres had full lines an hour before panels for the rest of the day.

Sunday was probably my best day. I tried the Oculus Rift HD after a 1/2 hour wait and honestly feel pretty flat about the whole thing after so many people saying it was amazeballs. Better than the Alienware booth on the Friday that had the regular Oculus Rift on show, which was plugged into a bad laptop, and they had a car demo set up that was on the lowest settings, so it ran at 10fps and looked worse than a N64 game. Bleh. The Oculus HD LOOKED far better, but it didn't really wow me at all.
Did you play it with Lunar Flight? That was AMAZING.

What's up ya'll
Not WiiU sales!

/badumtish

I hope everyone who went to PAX and has and ipad bought Crabitron after playing it. Was talking to the developers in Sunday and they only sold like 10 copies after being on show for 2 days.
I would if it was on Android! Was quite fun to play.

If there's roleplaying and board games, I'm there! PAX have to step up their game to make the tabletop section enticing to me, so it's highly likely that I'd want to meet outside of PAX to shoot the breeze, roll some dice and push some chits with cool people.

That's the one thing I stressed in my survey back to the PAX guys. Tabletop area needs beefing up. More room to play (tables, tables, tables) and more games being demoed (by either devs, publishers or just game stores). The Sentinels of the Multiverse guys were great.

Choc said:
More GTA info. Descriptors. High impact drug use, strong themes, violence and language, strong nudity, strong sex
Oooooooooo keen to see if the board are hypocrites.

EDIT: Front of the box will only say "Consumer Advice Drug use"
What the fuck. High level violence/language/nudity/sex. Only saying Drug Use on the box. Moneybags. Rockstar McMoneybags.

Shaneus

Hey I looked at staying there, good to know it was a nice spot, I'll definitely make a note of that.
What was the matter with my place? Good luck watching Kroll Show or Jon Benjamin Has a Van on demand at Crown. Bastard.

Same here. Missed out on Gilbert by like 4 people :(
Halfbrick panel was fun though. Shocked there were still tons of seats even as the panel got rolling when the theatres had full lines an hour before panels for the rest of the day.
There you go! I didn't think it was Rlan hosting the thing (Rlan: We missed the very start, where the guy doing the preso probably introduced himself). Shame we couldn't catch up, could've talked Hyper and PlayNOW just like old times (like old men, amirite?).

On that note, did anyone stick around for the The Zone thing? Apparently they announced they DID have one of the people on there from the show. It wasn't any of the old Hyper crew, so that doesn't matter.

On retro stuff, fun fact I found last night: One of the guys in Witch Beam working on Assault Android Cactus (he does sound stuff) worked on most of the Total War games and also did music for (get this) the original NFS and NFS2, as well as motherfucking SKITCHIN'!!!! His name escapes me and I can't be arsed looking it up, but he has downloads of the NFS songs he did on his website ^_^

NBA 2K13 is FREE right now for PS+ peeps. Get on it quick as it is meant to be for Saudi only.
Can I add that/"download" that via the web interface?
Fake edit: Looks like I can. And it's not blocked at work :)

Also that old as fuck piece of shit Crackdown is FREE for Xbox Live GOLD peeps for the next fortnight.
Happy to have that as GoD now, no disc needed :) I assume it's the original? And DR2/Case Zero (according to the URL)? Might have to grab those just so I can play it on console rather than fuck about getting running as I want it on PC.

Yes.

legend166

At this moment there's enough games released/announced on the Wii U for me to buy one, but I'm just gonna wait til it bomba's some more and I can pick one up for $200 locally.

Gazunta

On retro stuff, fun fact I found last night: One of the guys in Witch Beam working on Assault Android Cactus (he does sound stuff) worked on most of the Total War games and also did music for (get this) the original NFS and NFS2, as well as motherfucking SKITCHIN'!!!! His name escapes me and I can't be arsed looking it up, but he has downloads of the NFS songs he did on his website ^_^
Wait wait wait MOTHERFUCKING WAIT

Skitchin'?!?! Second best MegaDrive game Skitchin'?!?!?!

I knew Rob Hubbard was involved in the music for that, but man, a local too, that's awesome.

NBA 2K13 is FREE right now for PS+ peeps. Get on it quick as it is meant to be for Saudi only.
thxreppyluvyabyby.

(word of warning to peeps: Sony have been known to remove mistakes from you download list for mistakes such as these. If you can, download this just in case)

Also that old as fuck piece of shit Crackdown is FREE for Xbox Live GOLD peeps for the next fortnight.
Still shows as $19.95 for me :/

What was the matter with my place? Good luck watching Kroll Show or Jon Benjamin Has a Van on demand at Crown. Bastard.

Happy to have that as GoD now, no disc needed :) I assume it's the original? And DR2/Case Zero (according to the URL)? Might have to grab those just so I can play it on console rather than fuck about getting running as I want it on PC.
Oh shit, forgot about Van! Watched too much Kroll Show that morning, was tired as all hell that Friday night.

Also the music for OG NFS? THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME! Nice to see he is still working on awesome as fuck games :)

Also I already have all those again :(
Dead Rising 2 and Case Zero will be free on the 14th (late in the day on 14th).

Still shows as $19.95 for me :/

Oh yeah, keep forgetting MS have us on US time even though we have region locked stores. Weird as hell. Should unlock later tonight sorry!

dawsoncry.gifdawsoncry.gifdawsoncry.gifdawsoncry.gifdawsoncry.gifdawsoncry.gifdawsoncry.gifdawsoncry.gifdawsoncry.gifdawsoncry.gifdawsoncry.gifdawsoncry.gifdawsoncry.gifdawsoncry.gifdawsoncry.gifdawsoncry.gifdawsoncry.gifdawsoncry.gifdawsoncry.gifdawsoncry.gifdawsoncry.gifdawsoncry.gif

teekun

PAX would've been perfect if they had more classic video games, and way more space for board games.

Had a great time regardless though.

Shaneus

Wait wait wait MOTHERFUCKING WAIT

Skitchin'?!?! Second best MegaDrive game Skitchin'?!?!?!

I knew Rob Hubbard was involved in the music for that, but man, a local too, that's awesome.
Yup, this dude.

Worked on these:

Total War : The Fall of the Samurai (2012)
Total War Shogun II (2011)
Stormrise (2009)
Medieval II Total War (2006)
Spartan Total Warrior (2005)
Rome Total War (2004)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 (2003)
EA Sports Rugby 2004 (2003)
Medieval Total War (2002)
Emperor : Rise of the Middle Kingdom (2002)
Shogun Total War (2001)
EA Sports Rugby 2001 (2000)
EA Sports Cricket 2000 (2000)
Battleship – Surface Thunder (2000)
Sled Storm (1999)
Missile Command (1999)
EA Sports Cricket World Cup (1999)
EA Sports AFL ’99 (1998)
EA Sports NHL ’99 (1998)
EA Sports NHL ’98 (1997)
EA Sports NHL ’97 (1996)
Need for Speed II (1996)
The Need for Speed (1995)
Coach K College Basketball (1995)
EA Sports NBA ’96 Live (1995)
EA Sports NHL ’96 (1995)
FIFA Soccer ’95 (1994)
FIFA International Soccer (1993)
Skitchin’ (1993)

Shaneus

Oh, I meant to ask you guys... anyone here with Aldi Mobile? I want a cheap data SIM for my iPad, and only realised yesterday that an unjailbroken iPad doesn't like tethering with Amaysim :/ Aldi seem to have the next best price of those not on Optus (they use Telstra 3G?).

Impressions needed, damnit.

Oh, I meant to ask you guys... anyone here with Aldi Mobile? I want a cheap data SIM for my iPad, and only realised yesterday that an unjailbroken iPad doesn't like tethering with Amaysim :/ Aldi seem to have the next best price of those not on Optus (they use Telstra 3G?).

Impressions needed, damnit.

Wife is on Aldi SIM. Cheap as fuck. Runs on Telstra 3G network.

Not much more to say lol

Once my Optus contract is up I'll be saying FUCK YOU to $70 a month plan and picking up a SIM. You buy the SIM from Aldi for $5, has $5 credit installed. Go to the website and sign up, give them your details, ID, etc. They then transfer your old number (if you want) and you are good to go. Can pay as you go OR pay $35 for unlimited stuff (and 5GB of data) over the next 30 days. Top it up whenever you want.

$15 for 2GB, 30 day expiration.

Ok just got off the phone with NBN Co and Knox City Council (VIC)...and I'm fucking pissed off as all hell!!!

We had our entire street sidewalks and nature strips dug up in recent months and new nature strip soil/grass as well as new sidewalk concrete. The interesting part is a new suburb on the same Telstra exchange as ours (Harcrest) now have full NBN services. An NBN phone call later and I find out Harcrest and my suburb use the same exchange building (SAMS for NBN, not exchange but same physical location) which means it's only the street fibre my house/street is missing.

Further, and here is the fucking kick in the balls, if Knox Council had of simply emailed or called NBN when these sidewalk works were going on I would have NBN months ago as NBN Co simply jump the queue/rollout to save costs as the council is doing this physical works anyhow. The blight here is my suburb isn't in the next 3 years rollout plan and has no planned time for installation, so it could be years beyond the current 3 years plan.

Can you imagine how pissed I am at the lack of process or attention to NBN detail Knox Council has provided. Way to get benefit out of my rates! Fuck!

I'm pushing Knox Council to change their process so at least some other suburbs who share exchange/SAMS locations and have road maintenance works schedule before the NBN rollout plan can gain this benefit too! So very cut right now!

Anyone who wants the NBN should keep an eye on their council maintenance plans and call the NBN themselves should they get the same street maintenance as mine did, you may be able to get NBN fibre nice and early.

Jintor

It's good to know that no matter how vehemently we disagree on matters of national policy our local councils will always and forever be shit

It's good to know that no matter how vehemently we disagree on matters of national policy our local councils will always and forever be shit

Chocodile said:
and yes jintor this is why they deserve zero recognition in the constitution

I just had a bust up with them over the fucking Catholic church claiming the laneway behind our office where I work. Fucking cunts.

Anyone who wants the NBN should keep an eye on their council maintenance plans and call the NBN themselves should they get the same street maintenance as mine did, you may be able to get NBN fibre nice and early.

Thanks for the heads up, there is a ton of work being done in Tarneit (VIC) for the new train station and new roads, hopefully they can do something for my area earlier than 2016.

senahorse

Ok just got off the phone with NBN Co and Knox City Council (VIC)...and I'm fucking pissed off as all hell!!!

We had our entire street sidewalks and nature strips dug up in recent months and new nature strip soil/grass as well as new sidewalk concrete. The interesting part is a new suburb on the same Telstra exchange as ours (Harcrest) now have full NBN services. An NBN phone call later and I find out Harcrest and my suburb use the same exchange building (SAMS for NBN, not exchange but same physical location) which means it's only the street fibre my house/street is missing.

Further, and here is the fucking kick in the balls, if Knox Council had of simply emailed or called NBN when these sidewalk works were going on I would have NBN months ago as NBN Co simply jump the queue/rollout to save costs as the council is doing this physical works anyhow. The blight here is my suburb isn't in the next 3 years rollout plan and has no planned time for installation, so it could be years beyond the current 3 years plan.

Can you imagine how pissed I am at the lack of process or attention to NBN detail Knox Council has provided. Way to get benefit out of my rates! Fuck!

I'm pushing Knox Council to change their process so at least some other suburbs who share exchange/SAMS locations and have road maintenance works schedule before the NBN rollout plan can gain this benefit too! So very cut right now!

It's a nice thought but I doubt you will get much traction here. Design work is done well in advance of construction and there is a lot of planning involved for an FSA. Just because your street is getting ripped up it doesn't immediately make rolling out fibre to you easy. It's not just the "street fibre" that's missing there is also an FDH that needs to be installed and from there fibre needs to be run back to the FSAM.

Shaneus

Ugh, practising putting on contact lenses is PAINFUL. And just as annoying/difficult as I remember :/

Wife is on Aldi SIM. Cheap as fuck. Runs on Telstra 3G network.

Not much more to say lol

Once my Optus contract is up I'll be saying FUCK YOU to $70 a month plan and picking up a SIM. You buy the SIM from Aldi for $5, has $5 credit installed. Go to the website and sign up, give them your details, ID, etc. They then transfer your old number (if you want) and you are good to go. Can pay as you go OR pay $35 for unlimited stuff (and 5GB of data) over the next 30 days. Top it up whenever you want.

$15 for 2GB, 30 day expiration.
Yeah, that's the plan I was looking at. Was more looking for experience with them, whether there's congestion, decent speeds, that sort of thing. I suppose for $15, it won't hurt to try them out for a month. I assume they have micro SIMs?

Shame they don't sell them anywhere outside of Aldi, would love to pick one up to test in the CBD. Alas, it will need to wait until Saturday. (fake edit: My local is open until 8pm. This is good :)

I'm pretty sure they allow tethering (don't think Telstra or any resellers block it) but can you confirm either way? If not, it's all good :)

Anyone here want to buy 12 months of Xbox gold. $40. Shoot me a pm if interested.
You know, I'd normally consider it but I really don't know if I'm getting much value out of it. I need to know about what's at Gamescom NOW to see if there's anything decent (PGR5) on the horizon for the 360. Because I'm sure as shit not getting a One within the next year. I think.

Ugh, practising putting on contact lenses is PAINFUL. And just as annoying/difficult as I remember :/

Yeah, that's the plan I was looking at. Was more looking for experience with them, whether there's congestion, decent speeds, that sort of thing. I suppose for $15, it won't hurt to try them out for a month. I assume they have micro SIMs?

Shame they don't sell them anywhere outside of Aldi, would love to pick one up to test in the CBD. Alas, it will need to wait until Saturday. (fake edit: My local is open until 8pm. This is good :)

I'm pretty sure they allow tethering (don't think Telstra or any resellers block it) but can you confirm either way? If not, it's all good :)

You know, I'd normally consider it but I really don't know if I'm getting much value out of it. I need to know about what's at Gamescom NOW to see if there's anything decent (PGR5) on the horizon for the 360. Because I'm sure as shit not getting a One within the next year. I think.

Just remember that Aldi does not have access to Telstra's full 3G network. That's probably not an issue for you if you live in a metro area or whatever, but had to go with Boost Mobile because of my location (they are the only reseller that uses Telstra's full 3G network). You do pay a little more because of that though, $40 for 30 days access, unlimited calls/texts etc and 3Gb of data. Happy with the service so far, buy only been using them for a week. No way I'm going back to paying $70 a month with shitty Optus, abysmal service where I live.

Shaneus

$10 says you will Shaneus, I know you won't be able to resist Forza.
You overestimate me! Forza's always been the little brother to PGR and I have enough sim-like stuff on PC to satiate my Forza-ish tastes. Besides, it looks to me like Turn 10 are half-arsing it somewhat. We'll see how Driveclub turns out :)

Just remember that Aldi does not have access to Telstra's full 3G network. That's probably not an issue for you if you live in a metro area or whatever, but had to go with Boost Mobile because of my location (they are the only reseller that uses Telstra's full 3G network). You do pay a little more because of that though, $40 for 30 days access, unlimited calls/texts etc and 3Gb of data. Happy with the service so far, buy only been using them for a week. No way I'm going back to paying $70 a month with shitty Optus, abysmal service where I live.
I live in Geelong and commute to Melb, so I should be right as far as coverage goes... but for $5, I'll see how we go. If the next cheapest is $30, then I might just stick to tethering my Vita, Android cheablet *and* iPad 3 to my phone and topping up prepaid data as needed.

Danoss

That's the one thing I stressed in my survey back to the PAX guys. Tabletop area needs beefing up. More room to play (tables, tables, tables) and more games being demoed (by either devs, publishers or just game stores). The Sentinels of the Multiverse guys were great.

Excellent. Hopefully a lot of other people do the same.

It seems the popularity and awareness of tabletop gaming is increasing and publishers and designers are more than happy to get people interested in their games and the hobby as a whole. Their enthusiasm is great and contagious, as is that of the players (thieves aside), so it's a great environment to be in. It's just a shame that we are so far away from the main hubs of activity in the hobby and are so costly to travel to. Having some of the big names (though unknown to many) running their games, talking on panels and getting people involved would be incredible for all involved. The attendance of one name I know, admire and want to meet, game with and buy stuff from would be enough to encourage me to go.

Problem with all those prepaid ipad data plans is the expiry time is so short. I ended up going with Telstra so I can just buy the 1 year 12gb data expiry thing or whatever.

Alright Crackdown is FREE for Gold people now.

I swear the images up there are bullshots though
screenlg2.jpg

I played it like 3 months ago and it didn't look anywhere as nice as that :/

XCOM on iOS is $16
Dropchord (the new DoubleFine game) on iOS is $3

Paz

Jeff is amazing, and his soundtrack for AAC is going to rock your socks off! He was teaching me a bit about sound design a couple of moths ago and showed me how he made Megadrive music on his massive hardware synth :)

The music is dynamic in Cactus with 3-4 layers per track coming in based on an intensity value (that we drive from your performance & stuff on screen), it's all very old school style but with modern arrangements & a ton of different sounds, I think Jeff pitched it to me as if Pendulum made game music :p

Had some good news today btw, will have more to share in a week or two but my hint is you'll be able to check out Cactus yourself sooner than later!

I looked and looked in the description but couldn't find the phrase "proceeds of this game will directly go towards finishing The Broken Age."

Disappointing.

Ha! I thought I read on the fine print of my Kickstarter backer email for DFA that "proceeds were going towards mobile game development: lol

/jk don't hurt me Remo

Excellent. Hopefully a lot of other people do the same.

It seems the popularity and awareness of tabletop gaming is increasing and publishers and designers are more than happy to get people interested in their games and the hobby as a whole. Their enthusiasm is great and contagious, as is that of the players (thieves aside), so it's a great environment to be in. It's just a shame that we are so far away from the main hubs of activity in the hobby and are so costly to travel to. Having some of the big names (though unknown to many) running their games, talking on panels and getting people involved would be incredible for all involved. The attendance of one name I know, admire and want to meet, game with and buy stuff from would be enough to encourage me to go.

My whole group of mates and then most of my work mates are all falling or have fallen into gaming big time. Most of us got into it thanks to Catan and now we've managed to brainwash the rest of them. If we could get more attention at PAX for tabletop games, then I know all those blokes would go back to PAX and even get some more blokes to come.

PAX will be bigger next year, let's just hope it's in the parts we want to see.

I bought that $69 fujifilm camera from jb, normally $149. It's really nice. I recommend. Also I got a neat stand for it from big weekend for $3 and am filming myself skate. I now see everything I do wrong when ollieing. :-(

1. Take money you would have spent on PAX tickets
2. Buy 10 boardgames you want to play
3. Each learn the rules for one
4. Find school hall or library meeting room
5. Play said games

Shaneus

Alright Crackdown is FREE for Gold people now.

I swear the images up there are bullshots though

I played it like 3 months ago and it didn't look anywhere as nice as that :/

XCOM on iOS is $16
Dropchord (the new DoubleFine game) on iOS is $3
Oh shit, Dropchord is out! And cheap XCom! What price is it usually? I remember walking past a 7-11 and seeing that they have 20% off all iTunes cards, even though it's not the best deal I might nab myself $50 or so.

PS. Totes contemplating a new playthrough of Crackdown once I get it. Hopefully the DLC still works with it, too (not that I remember it being that significant, other than the Keys to the City thing).

Jeff is amazing, and his soundtrack for AAC is going to rock your socks off! He was teaching me a bit about sound design a couple of moths ago and showed me how he made Megadrive music on his massive hardware synth :)

The music is dynamic in Cactus with 3-4 layers per track coming in based on an intensity value (that we drive from your performance & stuff on screen), it's all very old school style but with modern arrangements & a ton of different sounds, I think Jeff pitched it to me as if Pendulum made game music :p

Had some good news today btw, will have more to share in a week or two but my hint is you'll be able to check out Cactus yourself sooner than later!
Me personally? Good, as long as other people get to miss out ;)

As far as the sound design stuff goes, I don't recall seeing much of it on the dev blog. Being a massive sound nut myself (just lacking the skill, lulz) I'd love to see more of what's going into it.

I loved finding out from Jeff's site that he did both Skitchin' and the first two NFS games. So weird hearing the music back-to-back and noticing the similarities between both games.

Gazunta

XCOM on iOS was $20 when it came out, and it was worth every single cent. Get a cheap iTunes card and you're laughing. God damn what an incredible game.

Top Bottom