• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Milo fine?

Sure, I guess!

Also, Theobroma in southern cross, No good. For some reason it just tastes like roasted peanuts. maybe he fucked up, I'm not sure.

It was $2 more than Hudsons and tastes not so much like hot chocolate. Will be skipping that place.

Halfway through it at the moment and it certainly doesn't have a chocolate taste.

Despite being massively overweight (historically) I feel fantastic now that I cut out coffee. My boss got sick recently and fell back into the coffee habit but I've been able to keep it down to only a few times a month (fancy Aldi pod coffee only).

ALSO

I was up until 1am last night saying, "Just one more run, just one more run", with Hitman Absolution.

Great great great update to the series to bring the perfectionist style into the current generation of games.
Prologue was really linear, boring and slightly broken in the one openended area you got.
First proper level is fantastic. 20 different ways to achieve your goal with a fuckton of possible combinations. Fuckton of ways to fuck up and get made. Fuckton of opportunities to be strategic and play it cool.

Now hopefully some of the other 17 odd levels are that good. I understand quite a few are linear and shooty bang bang.

Control scheme is fucking terrible. What a mess.
Animation is fluid and fantastic. You never fail an attempt due to poor animation.
Some of the UI elements in regards to manipulating stationary objects is messy if they are too close together which can be frustrating if you need to move quickly and can fuck up a whole run easily.

All in all worth the $5 I paid on Xbox GoD already!

I was up until 1am last night saying, "Just one more run, just one more run", with Hitman Absolution.

Great great great update to the series to bring the perfectionist style into the current generation of games.
Prologue was really linear, boring and slightly broken in the one openended area you got.
First proper level is fantastic. 20 different ways to achieve your goal with a fuckton of possible combinations. Fuckton of ways to fuck up and get made. Fuckton of opportunities to be strategic and play it cool.

Now hopefully some of the other 17 odd levels are that good. I understand quite a few are linear and shooty bang bang.

Control scheme is fucking terrible. What a mess.
Animation is fluid and fantastic. You never fail an attempt due to poor animation.
Some of the UI elements in regards to manipulating stationary objects is messy if they are too close together which can be frustrating if you need to move quickly and can fuck up a whole run easily.

I haven't played any of the other Hitman games but I'm really enjoying Absolution. I'm up to part III at the moment. Might have to go back and try and beat some of my scores too.

ALSO I WANNA SAY SOMETHING

Square Enix West has been amazing to me.

Sleepy Dogs is one of the best experiences I have had this generation
Tomb Raider is a fucking delicious and polished gem of a title that does a hell of a lot right and is a huge step up in the franchise.
Hitman Absolution somehow retained that core philosophy of strategically planned execution in today's games of PRESS A TO AWESOME.

All 3 titles have niggles, major niggles, that can be fairly easily cut out and replaced.

All 3 titles came out in the last year.

Thank you for buying up Eidos Squareenix. You have made me care about you again you ole shell of a company you.

WHERE THE FUCK IS TYPE-0 ????

Jintor

you haven't finished the hitmans yet though right? unless you didn't sleep last night.

still on the fence about tomb raider. Keep getting drawn back into civ v

r1chard

Been playing a lot of Torchlight 2 co-op over the intertubes with my new friend from Perth. Lots of silly hack-n-slash fun. Enjoying it way more than playing single player.

But I will not play those MMORPGers that you all talk about. No.
1321034880087.jpg

So we finally have a good start in the Cricket before all the luck goes against us. Has been a fucking terrible tour in that regard, anything that can go wrong has gone wrong.
Good ole human error making computers look like muppets. Can't believe these 3rd umpires get paid.
Also lol Scott Styris

you haven't finished the hitmans yet though right? unless you didn't sleep last night.

Only ran the first level to 100% completion. Will probably run through the main story stopping only to pick up the score based techniques and just do the challenges once I get sick of the story.

Tomb Raider is a fucking delicious and polished gem of a title that does a hell of a lot right and is a huge step up in the franchise.
Hitman Absolution somehow retained that core philosophy of strategically planned execution in today's games of PRESS A TO AWESOME.

All 3 titles have niggles, major niggles, that can be fairly easily cut out and replaced.

Thank you for buying up Eidos Squareenix. You have made me care about you again you ole shell of a company you.

I adore Sleeping Dogs. That game was my favourite last year. Tomb Raider and Hitman are excellent too. I second your comments.

teekun

FWIW I had a ball in the tabletop area playing board games and card games with friends and absolute strangers (mostly the latter). So anyone who didn't find the fun in the table top area was Doing It Wrong .. somehow :)

And the Roborally tourney was epic fun :)

Some of the best fun I had at PAX was sitting down with some random people Sunday morning and playing a game I'd never even heard of before. A couple of hours with some great people learning and playing something that ended up being a blast.

Board games, you guys. They're fantastic.

Someone teach me to play Android: Netrunner. I'm getting a copy in the next week or so and I'm psyched.

Shaneus

Zoidberg-ism?

We fucking need Just Cause 3. Seriously. Fuck off Mad Max, gimme some more Triumph dressed up as some mercenary dude called Rico.

On that note, I have a feeling that's what Volition is trying to shoot for (and missing entirely) with Saint's Row 3/4. They had an honest-to-god shot at making their own individual, distinct series but instead they've tried to mimic JC2 (I've only just realised that now) but with far too much tongue-in-cheek done badly.

Just Cause 2 is the True Lies of video games. Saint's Row 3 is Superhero Movie/Meet the Spartans.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Shaneus, See the AMD xfire driver leaked and seems to be a nice little fix?

Not 100% yet and it is in beta, Hopefully they improve it over time. Could go some Xfire setup now!

Zoidberg-ism?

On that note, I have a feeling that's what Volition is trying to shoot for (and missing entirely) with Saint's Row 3/4. They had an honest-to-god shot at making their own individual, distinct series but instead they've tried to mimic JC2 (I've only just realised that now) but with far too much tongue-in-cheek done badly.

Just Cause 2 is the True Lies of video games. Saint's Row 3 is Superhero Movie/Meet the Spartans.

Did someone call for a doctor?

Also yeah, Saints Row. I dunno. Get less and less interested in SR3 as time goes on. It had some wacky shit. Front loaded with some real fun. Such a mixed bag though.
SR4 looks like a good expansion pack, I'll pick it up for $10 eventually. Next gen SR5 is where I am looking though.

On that note did you see this 30% done Driveclub gif?

Also THIS is why I am buying a PS4 before a 180.

Jintor

A) Sleeping Dogs was definitely one of my favourite games from last year. After Tomb Raider and another game of Civ I'm gonna boot up the DLC and run through that. Awww yis steam sales

II) This Aspire One laptop is a laggy piece of shit and I need to clean it up but I don't feel good about doing so since it doesn't have a disc drive. Gotta dig up a USB Drive I guess...

I cant remember if you listen to Idle Thumbs or not. If you don't they have talked a fair bit about CKII in the past couple of podcasts and have a couple of twitch streams of them playing it.

May or may not interest you, just thought I'd mention.

Danoss

Some of the best fun I had at PAX was sitting down with some random people Sunday morning and playing a game I'd never even heard of before. A couple of hours with some great people learning and playing something that ended up being a blast.

Board games, you guys. They're fantastic.

Someone teach me to play Android: Netrunner. I'm getting a copy in the next week or so and I'm psyched.

Fantasy Flight makes videos demonstrating how their game is played and they are produced very well. The complete Android Netrunner video is here.

Unfortunately, since Netrunner is a rather deep game, to have a more focused video without a lot of asides/sidebars they had to omit a few things. Of course there were passionate players that wanted to help the community understand the game and get the most enjoyment out of it (because the game is brilliant). Many people have found this video very helpful in learning the game.

I recommend watching those videos in the order I listed them and then reading the rulebook included in the box. You'll find it much easier to comprehend and will surely find yourself nodding along as you read it because it just sinks in that much easier.

There is also an FAQ which further clarifies some rules. It's unlikely you need it right away, but as you come across certain things that you're not quite sure about, it'll come in very handy. The reason being is that this and most other card games like it have a 'golden rule' which is "If the text of a card directly conflicts with the rules
in this book, the card text takes precedence." This can sometimes be confusing, but as you play the game, it'll be easy to see and understand how they work without even thinking. I'm making it sound much more complex than it is, you'll see for yourself when you play, it's a great game with a lot of depth. Anyway, here's a direct link to the PDF of the current FAQ version.

If you get right into it, you'll want a second core set (to have 3x certain cards so you can properly build a deck) and no doubt the data packs will entice you with their wonderful cards and possibilities. The first deluxe set just came out and it's pretty cool. I'm not sure where you are, but if you have a gaming store near you it's likely they will hold tournaments with cool prizes. FFG also hold regional competitions (once a year, I think) with very cool prizes on offer.

Hopefully this helps get you started.

Edit: If you're interested, Team Covenant has videos of Netrunner being played with commentary. I think they're quite cool. Linkage.

Shaneus

Shaneus, See the AMD xfire driver leaked and seems to be a nice little fix?

Not 100% yet and it is in beta, Hopefully they improve it over time. Could go some Xfire setup now!
I saw in that thread they only mentioned the 7000 CFX setup. Hope that doesn't mean it's exclusive to that series only. Off to Guru3D!

Did someone call for a doctor?
I bet it was the robit.

Also yeah, Saints Row. I dunno. Get less and less interested in SR3 as time goes on. It had some wacky shit. Front loaded with some real fun. Such a mixed bag though.
SR4 looks like a good expansion pack, I'll pick it up for $10 eventually. Next gen SR5 is where I am looking though.
Same, probably. It's just so damn samey and there's zero subtlety to any of the humour or execution.

No! Is that new? I thought the 30% build was the one at E3, but then he mentions GamesCom...

Also THIS is why I am buying a PS4 before a 180.
Probably not getting that at launch, but what that kinda enforces is that the PS4 has less of a stereotypical "launch lineup" launch lineup than the One. I mean, on paper maybe not so much, but everything that's available for the One when it comes out just feel like they're all launch titles.

Just ordered one of these. Woo!

I love Tomb Raider but one part keeps flashing in my mind pissing me off.
Falling down a hill.
Land in a plane.
Put on age old parachute (well it looked old as fuck so I don't think it's from the new plane which should have crash landed elsewhere tbh).
Parachute in a straight line along the tops of some trees.
I HOPE YOU CAME UP WITH A BETTER WAY OF MOVING TO A DIFFERENT AREA WITH THE NEXT GAME GUYS

Maybe I should finish Sleeping Dogs.

How far in did you get? Might just not be for you, got the hooks into me fairly early and most of the unlocks don't take very long (aside from the higher class kung fu shit).

The driving seems to be the most divisive part of the game, I prefer it to GTA4 style though.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I saw in that thread they only mentioned the 7000 CFX setup. Hope that doesn't mean it's exclusive to that series only. Off to Guru3D!

I think it's going to roll out across all models at some stage. Seems like it's just a phased released, It should support your model though in the initial beta driver.

teekun

<A WHOLE BUNCH OF CRAZY USEFUL SHIT>

Hopefully this helps get you started.

Thanks dude. I'd seen that FFG produced video, but not any of the others. I'll take a look at them when I've got the time.

I'll definitely have to look locally to see what shops are doing things. It looks like Games Lab in Melbourne does regular events, so I'll hit them up someday.

Agyar

How far in did you get? Might just not be for you, got the hooks into me fairly early and most of the unlocks don't take very long (aside from the higher class kung fu shit).

The driving seems to be the most divisive part of the game, I prefer it to GTA4 style though.

Can't remember exactly but I remember
becoming the new Winston, then doing some other shit, doing some bullshit with a street racing guy and dunno.

Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB SSD - $169 Free Shipping

No! Is that new? I thought the 30% build was the one at E3, but then he mentions GamesCom...

Probably not getting that at launch, but what that kinda enforces is that the PS4 has less of a stereotypical "launch lineup" launch lineup than the One. I mean, on paper maybe not so much, but everything that's available for the One when it comes out just feel like they're all launch titles.
E3 build. First time I've seen it too! I think it is from the competition races they were running at E3 buy the looks of it. Yummy.

Also yeah expecting ISS to be around Feb/Mar despite how amazing it already looks. Starting to build a great lineup!

SD, yes. Absolution, yes. Had fun with both. TR FUCK NO.

Hitman had its faults with the broken disguise system and checkpoints, but it was still fun to play. Contracts mode was really great.

TR is just a polished turd.

teh bias freddie

Can't remember exactly but I remember
becoming the new Winston, then doing some other shit, doing some bullshit with a street racing guy and dunno.

Ah still fairly early on then. I think that is about 1/4th? Doesn't get all that much different though. Two or three really awesome set piece missions though.

Bernbaum

Recently finished FarCry 2 and Modern Warfare 3. At about 35 hours committed, FarCry 2 is a game I would like to talk about at great length. Modern Warfare 3 doesn't warrant very much discussion at all.

Currently on the plate is Rage. It looks greats and the gunplay is ace. I know it's divisive but it looks well-made to me and I'm enjoying it.

Next on the list is:

Sleeping Dogs
Tomb Raider
Dishonored
Deus Ex: Human Revolution

I pre-ordered XCOM: The Bureau or whatever, in the hopes log snagging Enemy Unknown as a pre-order incentive from Steam (I pre-ordered through GMG). Looks like they didn't reach the target number of pre-orders AND I missed out on the numerous times its gone on sale.

RAGE is less linear than the majority of FPS games out there.

Any of the Sleepy DLC worth grabbing while on sale? Just the mission expansion?
Best is Year of the Dragon for $1.74
Kooky is Nightmare in North Point for $1.74
Punchy is Zodiac Tournament for $1.24
Year of the Dragon is the only must have really. North Point is cute though.

Also this bundle of clothes/missions is pretty sweet for $2

Currently on the plate is Rage. It looks greats and the gunplay is ace. I know it's divisive but it looks well-made to me and I'm enjoying it.
The DLC is only $1.61! Buy it! Do it!

I pre-ordered XCOM: The Bureau or whatever, in the hopes log snagging Enemy Unknown as a pre-order incentive from Steam (I pre-ordered through GMG). Looks like they didn't reach the target number of pre-orders AND I missed out on the numerous times its gone on sale.
Slow down there grumpy Bernbum!
Still 3 weeks until release so it could very well indeed hit that XCOM mark!
I would expect it to really.

Rlan

&#8234;#&#8206;SaintsRowIV&#8236; has finally been classified by the Australian Classification Board, and they think it&#8217;s so great that it shouldn&#8217;t just be for adults!

OK, so a short optional mission has been removed, and if you&#8217;re looking to use the Rectifier Probe to assault your enemies you&#8217;ll have to wait for the Season Pass DLC later this year, but the game remains the craziest Saints adventure so far, and it&#8217;s coming to Australia in August!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...50832308319321&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

They have granted the game an MA15+ rating. To achieve this rating one loyalty mission featuring the character Shaundi has been removed. This mission has been widely reported on and contains the use of alien narcotics to obtain certain superpowers.

Alien narcotics take the game from MA15 to BANNED?

What a fucking joke.

Alien narcotics. You stupid fucks. How can that be a breech.

In a radical u-turn from the usual AusGAF discussions, today is International Beer Day.

Does anyone know of any good sales happening for a tight arse like myself?

Best thing I could find is Dan Murphys doing cartons of Hoegarden for $45.

Fredescu

Alien narcotics. You stupid fucks. How can that be a breech.

Wonder if it's the method of delivery? That is, the narcotics are "alien" but they use the exact delivery method, bong, lines, syringe, something like that, of a real world drug. Fallout was able to get away with just changing the name, but maybe that's because you didn't literally shoot it up.

Kritz

Banned
Wonder if it's the method of delivery? That is, the narcotics are "alien" but they use the exact delivery method, bong, lines, syringe, something like that, of a real world drug. Fallout was able to get away with just changing the name, but maybe that's because you didn't literally shoot it up.

Granted, in Far Cry 2 and 3 you do inject yourself with some sweet health restoring needles of junk.

Top Bottom