• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Well, region "locked". You just need to buy it off the store that matches the region of your disc (unless the game has the same item code between areas). The region of the system itself is irrelevant.

jambo

Just saw this in the Ashes thread...

esjyrwD.jpg

=\

Hey Welshians, filled out your tax yet?

Didnt the developer shut down recently? MS obviously funded and published it, but doesnt necessarily own the IP outright.
Slant Six? Yeah they closed up like 2 months ago.

Microsoft published the game though. They are pulling it completely. Plenty of Steam games up for developers that went under. Microsoft still exist and still publish games.

The main (well, only for my mind) issue is that if you bought the game you can't download it again. Which never happens. Which is shocking to me.

TEH SHOCK!

It is a little annoying they are still doing it but it seems to be a bit of a legal wrangling thing since Sony don't give a fuck about region locking and they do a similar thing.

BUY FROM UK DOODS

Or just buy the DLC from whatever region you buy the game. No biggie on PS3. Irritating to do on 360 though so just buy a 360 copy from a PAL region.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Testing a 29" Dell Monitor right now at work.

Fuck IPS is nice. The colours and all that, really really awesome.

Now I think my goal is for an IPS monitor and not 120hz.

Deeku

Woo typhooooooon!

but crap left my laptop in the office so can't work while stuck indoors:/

also where's my bug out bag??!

Actually it doesn't even seem that windy outside. Was legit windy last night when I was going home. Like, I was on a bridge walkway between buildings, and I dunno science happened and part of the walkway had some serious centralized gusting going on....had to hold onto my glasses and couldn't walk straight lol

Jintor

Woo typhooooooon!

Actually it doesn't even seem that windy outside. Was legit windy last night when I was going home. Like, I was on a bridge walkway between buildings, and I dunno science happened and part of the walkway had some serious centralized gusting going on....had to hold onto my glasses and couldn't walk straight lol

did you get your ham licence yet

Woo typhooooooon!

bart-gets-an-elephant2.png

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
to help bring you up to speed with other times the AFL has used the same law (1.6) to "CHARGE" clubs and players (referencing the same law in the AFL rule book):

July 2002
Chad Cornes (Port Adelaide)
- Delivered an insulting gesture to the crowd during match against Fremantle at Subiaco Oval (now Patersons Stadium).
- Fined $3000 under the provisions of the AFL's Rules and Regulations concerning conduct unbecoming or prejudicial to the interests of the AFL.

August 2005
Grant Thomas (St Kilda coach)
- For comments he made regarding the direction and culture of umpiring.
- Fined $10,000 and given a suspended sanction of $5000 for a previous breach of AFL rule 1.6
- St Kilda also sanctioned $5000 also under AFL Regulation 16.1

April 2007
AFL Commission met with West Coast in relation to its players' off-field behaviour in April.
- At that meeting the Eagles outlined its initiatives to change the behaviour. They were given conditions to meet and warned they may face conduct unbecoming charges if they appeared before the AFL Commission again with the same issue.

February 2013
Melbourne tanking investigation
- Chris Connolly suspended until February 1, 2014 for acting in a manner concerning pre-game planning, comprising comments to a football department meeting which were prejudicial to the interests of the AFL during the 2009 premiership season.
- Dean Bailey suspended from coaching for the first 16 rounds of 2013 for having regard to Connolly’s comments acted in pre-game planning in a manner, which was prejudicial to the interests of the AFL during the 2009 premiership season.
- The Melbourne Football Club accepted it bore ultimate responsibility for the conduct of the club personnel in key roles, and agreed with the AFL to a fine of $500,000.
- It was found not guilty however of tanking.

Danoss

Depressing reactions to an interesting topic.

So many people unable to fathom why non-hetero and other 'norm' gamers might want to do their own thing.

One of my gay friends recently brought up his dislike for such events. He doesn't like the Mardi Gras or his latest example which was a gay skiing weekend and there are many others like it that he wishes didn't exist. I actually met him playing WoW and when talking about this he said he had no interest in the LGBT guilds in the game and didn't see the need for them, specifically because it is up to the individual to disclose any of these facts about themselves and online gaming provides the ability to do this. In his gay skiing weekend example, he thought it was strange that someone thought it was necessary and thought it absurd unless they felt a requirement to race down the slopes screaming about how gay they are.

Thinking about it in this fashion is rather funny. I understand it and somewhat agree. I'm sure this topic has been done to death, but I have conflicting thoughts on it that I think are valid.

I'm in the great position of associating with people who do not give any of these issues a second thought, it has no bearing on their opinion or view of you; the only thing that matters is if you're a good person. Unfortunately, this is not the case for everyone. Such events shouldn't need to exist to escape discrimination from others because acceptance would not be a concern and such a time will come soon enough.

Until we reach the point where it's widely accepted, I think events such as these are a double-edged sword. They offer a place where like-minded people can escape harsh discrimination and have the good time they are entitled to everywhere, whilst pushing for acceptance, equality and awareness. They also further the view already held by some that would-be attendees are different and require such an event just for them. It's a shame that this is the case, but those who see it this way are unlikely to be swayed anyway.

In the end it's obvious that if there are people that want to attend an event like this, then they can do whatever the hell they want. Straight people are the majority and can find like-minded people wherever they go. By chance they might find someone special with a shared interest to spend some (or the rest) of their life with. Everyone deserves the opportunity for the same. Gay bars and events revolving around whatever thing people are passionate about will and should continue.

I'm sure I've said nothing that hasn't been said before, but this post is more about organising my thoughts without wading through the part of GAF I don't like ie. outside of this thread.

Also, the surprise in that video was beautiful. I'm glad I followed the link to that thread so I could see it.

Shaneus

One of my gay friends recently brought up his dislike for such events. He doesn't like the Mardi Gras or his latest example which was a gay skiing weekend and there are many others like it that he wishes didn't exist. I actually met him playing WoW and when talking about this he said he had no interest in the LGBT guilds in the game and didn't see the need for them, specifically because it is up to the individual to disclose any of these facts about themselves and online gaming provides the ability to do this. In his gay skiing weekend example, he thought it was strange that someone thought it was necessary and thought it absurd unless they felt a requirement to race down the slopes screaming about how gay they are.

Thinking about it in this fashion is rather funny. I understand it and somewhat agree. I'm sure this topic has been done to death, but I have conflicting thoughts on it that I think are valid.

I'm in the great position of associating with people who do not give any of these issues a second thought, it has no bearing on their opinion or view of you; the only thing that matters is if you're a good person. Unfortunately, this is not the case for everyone. Such events shouldn't need to exist to escape discrimination from others because acceptance would not be a concern and such a time will come soon enough.

Until we reach the point where it's widely accepted, I think events such as these are a double-edged sword. They offer a place where like-minded people can escape harsh discrimination and have the good time they are entitled to everywhere, whilst pushing for acceptance, equality and awareness. They also further the view already held by some that would-be attendees are different and require such an event just for them. It's a shame that this is the case, but those who see it this way are unlikely to be swayed anyway.

In the end it's obvious that if there are people that want to attend an event like this, then they can do whatever the hell they want. Straight people are the majority and can find like-minded people wherever they go. By chance they might find someone special with a shared interest to spend some (or the rest) of their life with. Everyone deserves the opportunity for the same. Gay bars and events revolving around whatever thing people are passionate about will and should continue.

I'm sure I've said nothing that hasn't been said before, but this post is more about organising my thoughts without wading through the part of GAF I don't like ie. outside of this thread.

Also, the surprise in that video was beautiful. I'm glad I followed the link to that thread so I could see it.
Interesting thoughts. I've occasionally found myself randomly thinking about going to a "gay" club or Mardi Gras (or something along those lines), if only because I have the impression the focus is around setting an environment that doesn't discriminate, or at least is more accepting of people from different walks of life in general. It'd be a (relatively) rare opportunity to experience something like that, I think. And apparently some gay clubs have the most kickarse house music ever ;)

And which video?

Danoss

Interesting thoughts. I've occasionally found myself randomly thinking about going to a "gay" club or Mardi Gras (or something along those lines), if only because I have the impression the focus is around setting an environment that doesn't discriminate, or at least is more accepting of people from different walks of life in general. It'd be a (relatively) rare opportunity to experience something like that, I think. And apparently some gay clubs have the most kickarse house music ever ;)

And which video?

A friend of mine DJs at some gay bars and loves it. Clubs and that style of music are not my scene, but I'm sure you'd have a great time.

This is the video.

Dead Man

I don't think I would ever attend one, but I can see the need for it. Where else can you discuss the things they are having panels on without either getting bunches of hate, or being dismissed as unneeded, or getting a total of 3 people showing up?

And which video?

Most gay clubs I have been to there is a small group of hardcore wankers that hate the straight folk coming into their club, but on the whole nobody gives a shit, even if I wasn't queer I think I would go to them. Regarding music, some are amazing, some are cheesiest shit you have ever heard.

Shaneus

Most gay clubs I have been to there is a small group of hardcore wankers that hate the straight folk coming into their club, but on the whole nobody gives a shit, even if I wasn't queer I think I would go to them. Regarding music, some are amazing, some are cheesiest shit you have ever heard.
Yeah, I think there'd still be a small number of the typical hardcore cliquey/elitist folk but the more prevalent (but less outwardly offensive) sexist/racist undertones found everywhere else I imagine wouldn't exist at all amongst the other people there.

I guess.

Deeku

Ok next time I probably shouldn't take typhoon warnings too lightly....was kinda a struggle walking like 2 mins to a place that had open restaurants lol

Jintor

I know what you mean, but my philosophy always has been a) people are different and b) good for them. Your second sentence there, I agree with absolutely.

mandiller

Testing a 29" Dell Monitor right now at work.

Fuck IPS is nice. The colours and all that, really really awesome.

Now I think my goal is for an IPS monitor and not 120hz.

I bought the Kogan 27" 2560x1440 IPS display a few months ago and it is absolutely fantastic. No regrets at all. It's only $439 too, which is much better than what Dell is trying to charge.

I went from a 22" Samsung and the size and pixel density is fantastic. Looks good for games too!

Elysium in 3 words: STOP THE BOATS.

Movie was good. Loses points for the very predictable plot. Sharlto Copley was super.

Don't go expecting District 9 awesomeness or you will be disappointed.

Top Bottom