• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Omikron

Pfft. You think your life has gone to hell?
cHK2ign.jpg

Exhibit A.

Haha.

Seriously though, EU4 is amazing. Amazing.

what's there to manage in cycling?!

ALL THE THINGS

Fishpond had a brain fart and sold a few games for $10 momentarily, I think they had Bioshock Infinite, Last of Us, a few others. Didn't last long enough to capitalise and Fishpond will just cancel all the orders any way :(

Omikron

In before rep.

Current humble bundle is from EA and includes origin keys and some steam keys.

Games: Dead Space, Dead Space 3, Burnout Paradise, Crysis 2, Mirror's Edge and Medal of Honor

Best the average games: Battlefield 3 and Sims 3

In before rep.

Games: Dead Space, Dead Space 3, Burnout Paradise, Crysis 2, Mirror's Edge and Medal of Honor

Dead Space, Burnout, Crysis 2, Mirror's Edge and Medal of Honor for $1 on Steam. Bargain.

In before rep.

Will get this just for burnout paradise. The rest are a bonus.

With that said I am yet to redeem the keys from the last humble bundle.

Gazunta

Hey guys, so I made this and thought I'd give AusGAF the heads up first, special thanks to Shaneus and Reptilescorpio for helping me test the proof of concept a while back.

It's called Game Review System.

Game reviewers! Do you love playing games but hate having to type out a review of it afterwards? Game Review System is here! Just answer some simple multiple choice questions and it'll generate your own unique review, ready for you to copy and paste onto the Internet! It's so easy, I've been using it for years! Try it today!

There are still bugs. I need to add more systems, publishers, genres, subgenres and franchises. It is a 'working beta'. Please let me know what you think before I foist it upon the rest of the world later today!

In before rep.

Heh, didn't want to Holy as I knew I would get called out for it again :)

AT A PC NOW! YAY!
D158BiT.png

Humble Origin Bundle

ILL BUY THAT FOR ONE FUCKING DOLLAR!
Dead Space (Steam, Origin)
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Steam, Origin)
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (Steam, Origin)
Medal of Honor (Steam, Origin)
Mirror's Edge (Steam, Origin)
Dead Space 3 (Origin)

ILL BUY THAT FOR A FEW DOLLARS! $5ish!
The Sims 3 (Origin)
two expansion packs in The Sims 3 Starter Pack (Origin)
Battlefield 3 (Origin)

Shaneus

Haha.

Seriously though, EU4 is amazing. Amazing.
Seriously though, Pinball Arcade is in beta. But it's not going to stop me from playing it all the time now. Hell, the only game I ever consistently played at home was PA on my *iPad*. I should be playing computer/video games, not kiddy, little, touchscreen non-games. Pfft.

In before rep.

Dead Space 3? Crikey, bomba. The rest I have, but that's a good deal for all those regardless. ~45% of those games are amongst the best EA has released for decades, IMO.

Link is blocked. What's the story?

If they put it out on Steam with trading cards I'll buy it.
So, you got Spelunky yet?

Is co-op over the wire or not? If it is, we should get a two or four pack or something.

senahorse

Hey guys, so I made this and thought I'd give AusGAF the heads up first, special thanks to Shaneus and Reptilescorpio for helping me test the proof of concept a while back.

It's called Game Review System.

Game reviewers! Do you love playing games but hate having to type out a review of it afterwards? Game Review System is here! Just answer some simple multiple choice questions and it'll generate your own unique review, ready for you to copy and paste onto the Internet! It's so easy, I've been using it for years! Try it today!

There are still bugs. I need to add more systems, publishers, genres, subgenres and franchises. It is a 'working beta'. Please let me know what you think before I foist it upon the rest of the world later today!

Review: Viva Pinata Party Animals 2 for the PC.

The original game was a surprise hit when it first blasted its way onto screens a while back.

It's tough to be a third party games publisher these days, and games like Viva Pinata Party Animals 2 are a good example of why.

Pew! Pew! Pew! The aliens are back to cause havok for you and everyone you love. So it's time for you to get your spaceship and blast 'em all out of the sky. Do you have what it takes to zap the high scores and joystick all the video game nasties.

Viva Pinata Party Animals 2 tries to seperate itself from the pack with interesting features. Everything moves so super fast with the technical miracle that is Blast Processing! It's so gnarly and bodacious, man! It got so crazy that my PC exploded which means it's good, right?

The graphics are pretty good, if you're into the realistic art style. It's not a game you will be writing home about. At least you can max out all the FSAA settings and run at maximum resolution without too much worry.

The 3D world of Viva Pinata Party Animals 2 comes to life in a realistic way, which is nice if you're a fan of the genre.The visuals represent the objects they represent well.

Performance is best on a ATI system, and you'll need at least a 2200 card to be able to run the game at the now-standard 256 by 1386 resolution with full AA and trilinear mimap interpolation. It's another feather in the PC gaming's cap. Being a PC exclusive game, no compromises were made in making this game with full support for all the latest keyboards and pedals and Oculus Rifts and such and such.
Given enough time and money, Viva Pinata Party Animals 2 could really be something special. However as it stands right now it's just too unpolished to recommend to anyone.

Overall Score: 3 / 10.
Review by Brendan Brewer, Video Game Reviewer

Thanks for using Game Review System!

:D

Jintor

Review: Saint's Row 4 for the PC.

The original game was a surprise hit when it first blasted its way onto screens a while back.

It's tough to be a third party games publisher these days, and games like Saint's Row 4 are a good example of why.

Biff! Bam! Pow! There have been plenty of games based on comic book heros, and some of them have been bad (usually Superman games) and some of them have been good (usually Batman games). Now Saint's Row 4 tries to emulate the world of the comics it is based on, coming complete with all the familiar characters and locations. However, the key emotional subtext that drives the comic's stories has been squeezed into the trappings of a Sandbox video game.

Saint's Row 4 tries to seperate itself from the pack with interesting features. Everything moves so super fast with the technical miracle that is Blast Processing! It's so gnarly and bodacious, man! It got so crazy that my PC exploded which means it's good, right?

Visually, Saint's Row 4 is a tour de force. The cartoony presentation is carried across with sublime attention to detail.Graphically speaking, this game is awash with truly realistic animation, all of which is highly detailed and brings the characters to life effortlessly. It's a testament to the graphical prowress of that hot new graphics card you bought for an exhorbitant amount when its in the hands of the experienced team at Indie.

The 3D world of Saint's Row 4 comes to life in a cartoony way, which is nice if you're a fan of the genre.The visuals represent the objects they represent well.

Performance is best on a ATI system, and you'll need at least a 1100 card to be able to run the game at the now-standard 768 by 1782 resolution with full AA and trilinear mimap interpolation. It's another feather in the PC gaming's cap. Unknown have done an impressive job of carrying over what made the console versions so great, not to mention adding a feast of new features and effects designed to make your mouth water and your mouse hand twitch with excitement. Not just anyone can indulge in this kaleidoscopic menagerie of dino blasting, though - this party is for owners of the latest cards only.
If you are a big fan of this style of game and reckon you're up to the challenge, then Saint's Row 4 does actually come recommeded, despite the aforementioned grievances.

Overall Score: 5/5 Kritz.net
Kritz

jambo

There's a Coles on Rundle Place? I need to get into the city more often.

The old Harris Scarfe building on Rundle Mall got knocked down and replaced with a new building.

8vXbvEf.jpg

Has a bunch of designer stores, a brand new Harris Scarfe store and a basement with a Coles and a food court.

It's where the new Apple store is, opposite Woolies in the mall.

Dead Man

The old Harris Scarfe building on Rundle Mall got knocked down and replaced with a new building.

8vXbvEf.jpg

Has a bunch of designer stores, a brand new Harris Scarfe store and a basement with a Coles and a food court.

It's where the new Apple store is, opposite Woolies in the mall.

Damn, I don't really go to city any more besides Gouger street to eat, seems I am out of touch. I didn't even realise we had an Apple store. Good to see the old HS building gone though, that thing was falling apart.

jambo

Damn, I don't really go to city any more besides Gouger street to eat, seems I am out of touch. I didn't even realise we had an Apple store. Good to see the old HS building gone though, that thing was falling apart.

Yeah, I work a couple of blocks from the mall so I saw it slowly get torn down and then built up.

Also the food court is great, no Maccas, HJs, KFC or Subway!

lexi

Banned
There's no way I can make my way through that Brazllian site. I managed to register but never received the email.

Maybe I'll wait for a sale, I do have so many games to play already.

Huh. Looks like there are separate keys for all the Origin Humble Bundle games, AND separate keys for Origin and Steam for some games (e.g. Medal of Honor)...

Top Bottom