• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Well, has won in the past. We can't be sure if the same tactics will secure another win in the future.

And by that I'm talking about Nintendo and Russia.

So you're admitting it. If Nintendo is Russia, then you're saying that the WiiU is their winter; cold and desolate, a landscape of featureless death. No games, no life, nothing but their piles of money to see them through until the summer.

Yeah, I agree with you.

There is no coming back from this. No amount of hitlers can debate this. Chimps wittier than humans confirmed.

Danoss

You should look into making a cassoulet. It's basically a slow-cooked white bean stew with sausages and/or duck confit on top. My god is it glorious. Going to look into making one with just chicken sausages or roasted duck in the next month or two before winter runs away, but it's definitely edible in summer.

0316b07ae23b11e2b49e22000ae91347_6.jpg

That sounds and looks delicious. Once I melt away more kilos, I'll definitely have a closer look and whip one up.

You should look into making a cassoulet. It's basically a slow-cooked white bean stew with sausages and/or duck confit on top. My god is it glorious. Going to look into making one with just chicken sausages or roasted duck in the next month or two before winter runs away, but it's definitely edible in summer.

0316b07ae23b11e2b49e22000ae91347_6.jpg

Oh my god.

*dead*

Also welcome back cods.

Shaneus

Shit, if we're talking about cooking stuff again, I should knock up another batch of chilli. Perfect weather for it too I guess, given that it's chilly outside as well. It'll be a regular fuckin' chilli-fest.

Shaneus

Chilli stuff organised. About to start getting shit together. Surprised everything I had to buy came to ~$30, but some of that (like a little jar of crushed chillis, olive oil) can be reused next time.

Still, super-psyched. Fucking love my chilli.

Also, AusGAF. Cheapest Live sub that offers a code sent by mail. Go.

Chilli stuff organised. About to start getting shit together. Surprised everything I had to buy came to ~$30, but some of that (like a little jar of crushed chillis, olive oil) can be reused next time.

Also, AusGAF. Cheapest Live sub that offers a code sent by mail. Go.

You should have bought mine the other week.

I reckon I'm going to make some next weekend or maybe even during the week, but I don't like my chances since I'm sure I'll be knackered after 12 weeks off.

Here's my last chili for personal inspiration.

Sadly about half of the chillies (the... erm, vegetables?) from the garden that I left on the counter to dry while we were away went mouldy so had to be thrown out. Darn it. All my habaneros too. Oh shit, maybe I could add some of the crazy habanero hot sauce I made to the chili. This is not going to end well.

Also welcome back cods.
Thanks! Got back last Sunday afternoon. Back to work tomorrow.

Shaneus

You should have bought mine the other week.
Didn't know it was for sale (or that I needed a new sub until today) :(

I reckon I'm going to make some next weekend or maybe even during the week, but I don't like my chances since I'm sure I'll be knackered after 12 weeks off.

Sadly about half of the chillies (the... erm, vegetables?) from the garden that I left on the counter to dry while we were away went mouldy so had to be thrown out. Darn it. All my habaneros too. Oh shit, maybe I could add some of the crazy habanero hot sauce I made to the chili. This is not going to end well.
Ah, bugger about the chillies :( Mine's been cooking now for about 3-4 hours(ish) but I can't get it to taste as good as my last one, not sure what it's missing either, considering it's basically the same ingredients as before. Maybe I was a little more generous with some of them, I dunno.

Sure I'll still enjoy it, though ;)

Rad, thanks!

Just finished RAGE.

What a shitty ending.
Appropriate game title, then?

Some Bluray movies i have watched over the last week.

Zoolander: still great.
Looper: slow start but really well done.
Independence Day: probably the only Emmerich film i will ever enjoy.
Westworld: great idea but the movie is laid out like a Halo 3 level (second half just goes backwards through all of the sets from the first half. Krustyland has probably killled this one forever.
Dark Shadows: such a waste of talent such a dull script. Should have been better
Ted: funniest movie i have seen in ages. Im not a huge family guy fan but god it made me laugh. Go flash go. I almost couldnt breath i was laughing so hard.

My girlfriend's dad's family is dogsitting two dogs and I put my nexus7 down for dinner and when I picked it up again to play with it afterwards, it had been bitten in the corner and the screen is cracked. The top of the screen is cracked JUST ENOUGH that I can't use the statusbar appropriately. I am lucky I'm using the Paranoid Android ROM though, so I just changed the layout around.

I have had to ditch Chrome for Firefox though (FFx seems better anyway) because I couldn't click the little x's to close the tabs. AH WELL. I'm still a year under warranty however I do not have the receipt anymore I don't think so I'm ringing up ASUS tomorrow to see how that goes.

90 second hailstorm go!

I hope the car's not dinted :s I've always found hailstorms to be kind of exciting but I guess I've never had property outside..

Thanks! Got back last Sunday afternoon. Back to work tomorrow.

aaah nuts. Are you looking forward to those early starts again?

That chilli seems awesome! I might try my hand at making some next week. We could have "ausgaf makes chilli friday" or something.

I hope the cat's not dinted :s I've always found hailstorms to be kind of exciting but I guess I've never had property outside..

aaah nuts. Are you looking forward to those early starts again?

That chilli seems awesome! I might try my hand at making some next week. We could have "ausgaf makes chilli friday" or something.

fixed

Anyone here want to buy 12 months of Xbox gold. $40. Shoot me a pm if interested.

You know, I'd normally consider it but I really don't know if I'm getting much value out of it. I need to know about what's at Gamescom NOW to see if there's anything decent (PGR5) on the horizon for the 360. Because I'm sure as shit not getting a One within the next year. I think.

Didn't know it was for sale (or that I needed a new sub until today) :(

You had me doubting myself that you didn't know, lies!!!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Isn't having a "ausgaf kebab friday" enough?

I'm equal first in my footy tipping at work. 2 weeks to go. 1 point lead over the next lot of people. Fair amount of cash on the line. Hopefully I can at least come second and be able to treat myself to some new board games. Maybe even most of the ships in the X-Wing miniature game.

Dead Rising 2 is pretty awesome fun with the cheating preorder DLC. Wear ninja boots so zombies don't react to you walking past them 99% of the time and a sports fan Viking hat that makes you move faster, hit harder and enjoy food more.

Everything is slightly less annoying than in the first game. Tons of strong female characters (which all happen to be smoking hot for some reason). An awesome art style that still looks great, almost like a higher budget SR3 art style.

Shaneus

Dead Rising 2 is pretty awesome fun with the cheating preorder DLC. Wear ninja boots so zombies don't react to you walking past them 99% of the time and a sports fan Viking hat that makes you move faster, hit harder and enjoy food more.

Everything is slightly less annoying than in the first game. Tons of strong female characters (which all happen to be smoking hot for some reason). An awesome art style that still looks great, almost like a higher budget SR3 art style.
Did we get that DLC as a part of the Gold freebie thing? I should fire it up, I think I'd be more inclined to play it on the 360 than PC (that I've owned it for since time began).

What the fuck is up with people dredging up my posting past in this thread? It's like I'm in some political campaign and you're all against me.

All against me...

So... do you still have the voucher? ;)

Even if I did I wouldn't sell it to you.

sold it last week, try ozgameshop

What happened to Sal?
He perished in Nintendo's winter wasteland.

Real answer: Heavy duty uni workload. He doesn't even post beard pictures anymore, just posts in football threads.

Also, good to see that UQ is holding the same standard it's set over the past few years. No reason to go about and exceeding expectations you've firmly set.

I'll get a weather update from you later this week, I have work in your town and shall be driving down in a few days.

You don't look like an XL.
Woo! Plenty of sun and rain/hail.

Also all uni clothing gets printed in insanely large orders of XL for some reason. Medium sells out instantly :(

RIP Kogan mobile.

Anyone using Kogan should start looking for alternatives.

Telstra has posted a statement which, amongst other things, says:

Kogan Mobile has not reached a deal with Telstra, and will no longer be able to provide mobile services.
Kogan customers will no longer be able to recharge their services or sign up for new services.
Kogan customers will be transitioned — within the next 30 days — to an interim 7 day plan to be provided by Telstra.
This interim service will allow 20 SMS per day, and 20 minutes of calls. After the interim plan expires, Kogan customers will no longer be able to make any calls or send any SMS from their service.
This interim plan will be progressively applied to Kogan customers from today, and once the plan is applied, no data can be used. Kogan customers have been advised to port out their services.
Customers have been warned that the likely large number of Kogan customers porting out to another service provider will impact the responsiveness of the Mobile Number Portability system, and porting for any customers may be delayed over the next month.

You don't look like an XL.
Im not gonna buy a sweater that says unversity!

He perished in Nintendo's winter wasteland.

Real answer: Heavy duty uni workload. He doesn't even post beard pictures anymore, just posts in football threads.

Also, good to see that UQ is holding the same standard it's set over the past few years. No reason to go about and exceeding expectations you've firmly set.
Im sure once he returns that beard will be something truly amazing.

Top Bottom