• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Deeku

yo u guys are smart readers, i'm kinda sick of reading economics/finance books for now, any recommendations for interesting science/pop sci books? eg i just bought some richard dawkins stuff on evolution..i guess i might also look into the hawking books on time and black holes etc.

jambo

yo u guys are smart readers, i'm kinda sick of reading economics/finance books for now, any recommendations for interesting science/pop sci books? eg i just bought some richard dawkins stuff on evolution..i guess i might also look into the hawking books on time and black holes etc.

Carl Sagan. Carl Sagan. Carl Sagan. Carl Sagan.

there's a 40 year old BBC doco series called Ascent of Man that's worth watching/ reading. If you like Cosmos, you'll recognise the style.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1849901155/?tag=neogaf0e-20

also: Malcolm Gladwell

1. Fuck this country.
2. Fuck Abbott in particular.
3. Fuck
Happy Birthday
Shaneus.
4. Fuck buying a new mouse.
5. Fuck giving up on skateboarding if you love it.
6. Fuck pressuring yourself and just have fun.
7. Fuck banks.
8. Fuck them so hard they'll taste the shit they've been forcing on us for decades.
9. Fuck profanity.
10. Fuck digging drainage ditches.
11. Fuck people that don't link to their own thread when they reference it.
12. Fuck linking to 4 year old stories as if they're new.
13. Fuck Microsoft for trying to be PS+... very poorly.
14. Fuck this shitty week.
15. Fuck next week too, which I pretty much know will be worse than this one.
16. Fuck getting married just because you're 33.
17. Fuck hotter, younger people because you're 33.
18. Fuck lists.
19. Fuck lists that end on odd numbers.

Jintor

I've read two fantastic science books recently. Cosmos by Sagan and a Brief History of Everything by Bill Bryson. Absolute stunners.

Happy shaneusday. Hope you don't mind being shan alpha instead of shan 1

Danoss

33 not out. To celebrate, family dinner tonight, tomorrow is friend dinner/drinks at some tapas place in Geelong. SANGRIAAAAA. I'm gonna get drunk like a middle-aged spinster.

Happy Birthday, Shaneus!

I'd say "don't do anything I wouldn't do", but that list is extensive and may not be conducive to a good time.

Hope you enjoy yourself mate.

Hey AusGAF.

Happy birthday, duder.

Ye6hAWS.jpg

Happy birthday Shaneus.

This could be true. I dunno, ollieing is the next step and I've been stuck on it for ages. Its the basis of nearly all tricks.

I was tossing up skateboarding or BMX and skateboarding interested me much more. I do love riding BMX though. :) I'm not doing anything much yet but I'd like to basically do street but nothing too crazy, lol. I'm not trying to get sponsored haha.

Ollieing is everything. Really focus on getting half decent at that, especially for street skating. Bit like bunny hopping with BMX, without it your stuffed.

Deeku

i could ollie and kickflip....while stationary. couldn't actually ride a skateboard, motion on that thing is scary!

Carl Sagan. Carl Sagan. Carl Sagan. Carl Sagan.

there's a 40 year old BBC doco series called Ascent of Man that's worth watching/ reading. If you like Cosmos, you'll recognise the style.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1849901155/?tag=neogaf0e-20

also: Malcolm Gladwell

I've read two fantastic science books recently. Cosmos by Sagan and a Brief History of Everything by Bill Bryson. Absolute stunners.

Happy shaneusday. Hope you don't mind being shan alpha instead of shan 1
awesome thanks peeps^^

Dead Man

Sorry for being short tempered in your thread, Omi, and thanks to you guys for having the back of this grumpy old man :)

Demon Haunted World is some amazing shit.

Should be mandatory reading for all Australian high school students.

Shit yes it is, should be in the curriculum of every school.

Shaneus

Holy shit 33. I hope I can still type that well once I reach that age.
I use my dialling want. That post took me about 45 minutes. And I was drunk.

Happy birthday Shaneus my #1 source for proper gaming info

Dude keeps me up to date on Jeff Minter like nobody else! :)
This is true, I can't deny it. Minor update: Jeff was to go to a pinball "party" last weekend, but he had to stay home to take care of a sick sheep. He told me himself!

Yup! Got back Sunday evening! Only brewed one beer since then...
How did you get back in if we're full? Maybe you should fuck off, if that's the case.

Thanks for all the birthday greetings, folks :) I think to celebrate, I'm going to clean up my unit and make some room for a pinball machine for me to practice on (to be borrowed from a mate who has 30 or 40 of the fuckers). Pretty stoked with my score, got a Pacman mug (that shows dots when it gets warm!), some Boss Orange after shave (I now smell like a man), a sweet-arse Shaun of the Dead talking doll thingy and S1 of STTNG on bluray :)

I also have half a medium satay chicken pizza left over from dinner. Woo!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Internet still down since last night's power outage. Guess it's movies day! Or single player game time. Maybe that far cry 3 games the kids talked about months ago.

Rlan

Hey fellows!

So right now Halfbrick released a brand new game on the iPhone and iPad... But currently available only in Australia as a test bed!

The game is called Band Stars, developed by both Six Foot Kid (an Adelaide studio spin off from Peoples Republic of animation) and Halfbrick. Think of it as a little like kairosoft Story games, but way more elaborate!

Would be great if you guys grab it and give it a go and give some feedback. it's also free!

https://appsto.re/au/F05xK.i

Holy moly! Iron Man 3 is the best superhero movie ever. That was awesome. Exactly the right amount of cheese and substance following on from Avengers.

Hey fellows!

So right now Halfbrick released a brand new game on the iPhone and iPad... But currently available only in Australia as a test bed!

The game is called Band Stars, developed by both Six Foot Kid (an Adelaide studio spin off from Peoples Republic of animation) and Halfbrick. Think of it as a little like kairosoft Story games, but way more elaborate!

Would be great if you guys grab it and give it a go and give some feedback. it's also free!

Oh cool, I remember testing the Facebook version a while back.

If this ends up on Android I'll give it a shot!

Dead Man

Morrison you fcuking clown

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-08-...rt-challenge-to-coalition-asylum-seek/4893210

Mr Morrison concedes the plan is legally difficult, and Professor George Williams from the University of NSW says he expects it would be challenged in the High Court.

Mr Morrison conceded asylum seekers could still go to the High Court and admitted there would likely be a legal challenge to retrospectively stripping the right to access to Refugee Review Tribunal and the Federal Court.

"Lawyers will say it can't be done, the Government will say it can't be done, everyone will say it can't be done," he said.

"We're not going to give up on this."

However, Mr Morrison refused to be drawn on whether legal challenges are likely to be successful.

"Well, this is the task we're setting officials if we're elected to government," he said.

"I'm just not prepared to accept the situation that we can't return to the non-statutory administrative process to end the tick and flick system that the Government has now been running for the last five years."

I love you oatmeal :D

cat_and_teddy_bear.png
I think it is my favourite webcomic these days. Awesome stuff.

Is that a dot or did you just attempt some kind of burn in the world's smallest font?
Bahahahaha!

Hey fellows!

It's a bit of fun. Nice work again Halfbrick.

Gazunta

Hey fellows!

I endorse this event or product.

The game's a lot of fun!

I only paid $200 for the big pimpin edition WiiU and I still cry myself to sleep :(

On that note I need to give up alcohol and smoking for the next month to afford GTA5. Will be totally worth it. Trying to convince the wife that our son was born on the 28th so I have enough time to finish GTA before needing to throw that gala event.
Not going well.

Top Bottom