• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
THE GREAT MIGHTY APE WIIU SHOVELWARE AND LATE PORT SALE SPECTACULAR
ONE DAY ONLY
D158BiT.png

UNLIMITED AMOUNT OF ITEMS FOR $5 SHIPPING

Assassins Creed 3 for $19
NBA 2K13 for $19
FIFA 13 for $19
Batman: Arkham City for $19
COD BLOPS 2 for $22
007 Legends for $22
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013 for $22
Just Dance 4 for $22 (wtf how does that work with the gamepad?)
Marvel Avengers Battle For Earth for $22
Transformers Prime for $22
LEGO Batman 2 for $22
Game Party Champions for $25
Mass Effect 3 for $25
Injustice: Gods Among Us for $35
Fast & Furious: Showdown for $39

YOU GUYS ALL OWN WIIU'S RIGHT? YAY!

fuck one day only :( dont get paid for a week

woulda bought a few of those as long as they provide off screen play

Dead Man

Okay, I gave Nuuvem $36 for SR4, what next? Do I just wait until tomorrow and click the link on my library page on their site?

So what do you need to play.

Games World only had the Core Rulebook. Are there are other books that we'll need? Figurines? Character sheets? A grandparent to play the Sith Lord?

Where is the store, I'm going into the city today for a meeting, I'll need to kill some time after.

Clipper

So what do you need to play.

Games World only had the Core Rulebook. Are there are other books that we'll need? Figurines? Character sheets? A grandparent to play the Sith Lord?

There's also a Beginner's Box, which comes with the dice, a simplified rulebook for the GM and includes a learn as you go adventure that slowly teaches you the rules, apparently. It skips character creation (giving you some pre-rolled characters to try out) and might be useful if you are unsure whether it is really your thing or not. You can get just that box, or the Core book and dice as Jables pointed out, which is what I've ordered.

Or you could wait for mine to arrive and see if I run it online for AusGAF ;).

There's also a Beginner's Box, which comes with the dice, a simplified rulebook for the GM and includes a learn as you go adventure that slowly teaches you the rules, apparently. It skips character creation (giving you some pre-rolled characters to try out) and might be useful if you are unsure whether it is really your thing or not. You can get just that box, or the Core book and dice as Jables pointed out, which is what I've ordered.

Or you could wait for mine to arrive and see if I run it online for AusGAF ;).

Yeah I forgot about the Beginner's Box. We tried that out first to see if we liked it. It's worth it if you aren't sure if you'll enjoy it.

Online would be interesting. I wouldn't mind checking that out.

Danoss

We'll probably get to it eventually. We all like fantasy as well.

It's not the genre swap that I'm reacting to, though the set universe can be rather restricting. System complexity (among other things) is my gripe.

Nothing against Clipper, but he seems to like a certain type of RPG which doesn't appeal to me. The fact that this one appeals to him makes it godawful and counter-intuitive to what I see as a good time roleplaying. This might come across as mean, but it is not intended as such; our likes are at polar opposites here.

Not directly related, I just received a game of which only 100 copies were produced. It was a commission for a con and it didn't completely sell out. It was a Joe Mcdaldno game so it could easily be bought without even knowing what it's about.

Dead Man

And another one gets overturned:
ASIO reverses adverse finding against Tamil refugee detained for four years

A Tamil refugee detained for more than four years in immigration detention as a security threat is now free.

ASIO has unexpectedly withdrawn its secret assessment that the man - who lost one leg below the knee in a bomb blast during Sri Lanka's civil war - could pose a risk to Australia's national security.

It is the second time this year ASIO has changed its assessment. The Rudd government has used adverse ASIO assessments to keep almost 50 recognised refugees in indefinite detention. The group, mostly Tamils, have no right to appeal the secret ASIO findings or know the detail or the allegations against them.
Advertisement

The man, 52, was among the early groups of Tamils to arrive in Australia by boat in June 2009 soon after the end of the Sri Lankan war.

He had already been found by the United Nations refugee agency to have a well-founded fear of persecution and suffered post traumatic stress disorder resulting from torture. In May 2010 Australia recognised his refugee status.

But ASIO made what is known as an adverse security assessment in the case and the man was held for more than two years on Christmas Island before being moved to Sydney's Villawood detention centre.

But lets not think about that too much.

Clipper

Nothing against Clipper, but he seems to like a certain type of RPG which doesn't appeal to me. The fact that this one appeals to him makes it godawful and counter-intuitive to what I see as a good time roleplaying.

That's an interesting point as this one appeals to me as it seems so incredibly different to the stuff that I got so obsessed about in D&D... The lack of number-based dice and the emphasis on storytelling rather than number-crunching, and the way it doesn't require detailed maps nor strict movement rules mean there's not much rules-lawyering to ruin the fun.

I do only have a very light understanding of the type of game, so it's possible my interpretation is not matching the real deal, though. In any case, I am at least trying to go against my nature this time, so we'll see what happens...

Shaneus

So Nuuvem is saying the key is not producing there may be a delay. I just want to play SR4 :(
When's it out? Days? Hours?

Listening to the Idle Thumbs chat about it is poisonous. I swore I wasn't going to get it after SR3, but man... I think I really fucking want it.

Also, cheapest place to get it? PC, obv.

Dead Man

Motherfucker.

Edit: From the CAG thread:

Regarding Saints Row 4 and region lock:

Fabio respondeu:
Hello,

I'd like to inform you that we are working for a solution in order to receive a worldwide key for all of those who have pre ordered Saints Row 4. So if you are asking for a refund because of that, there's no need to worry about that.

We'll just need a bit more time until everything is done. We expect until next friday.

The region lock will be done only for those who purchase a game after the release date.

Atenciosamente/Regards,

Fabio Girotto
Nuuvem Staff

Thanks based Nuuvem.
So that's nice. Shit about the delay, nice to have non region locked key confirmed.

Kritz

Banned
Where do I buy SR4 if I want to play it right now?

Preferably not the shit Australian version, and preferably less than $50.

Kritz

Banned
c'mon I've done this shit before

get a us key
unlock on steam
vpn into america
video games

Surely that'd work here.

... Maybe if wilfire gifted it to me..

c'mon I've done this shit before

get a us key
unlock on steam
vpn into america
video games

Surely that'd work here.

... Maybe if wilfire gifted it to me..

Yeah that would work. VPN might be needed for download though. After that just go offline mode if they did some uberhardcore geoblock.

Buying from Nuuvem is way cheaper and easier though.

Danoss

That's an interesting point as this one appeals to me as it seems so incredibly different to the stuff that I got so obsessed about in D&D... The lack of number-based dice and the emphasis on storytelling rather than number-crunching, and the way it doesn't require detailed maps nor strict movement rules mean there's not much rules-lawyering to ruin the fun.

I do only have a very light understanding of the type of game, so it's possible my interpretation is not matching the real deal, though. In any case, I am at least trying to go against my nature this time, so we'll see what happens...

It seems rather rules heavy and front-loaded to me. The dice aren't really that special and are just a different way to ascertain degrees of success, which is not a new concept and has been done better, simpler and earlier elsewhere.

I have plenty of games that are focused on the story more than anything else, not one of them needs to be a massive 448-page tome to pull that feat off. I'm wondering how many of those pages are dedicated to GM and player advice for creating a story together at the table, because that's important, as are the rules supporting the claim of a story focus. The size of the book screams that it is a rules-heavy game which strongly dictates what can and cannot be done within it. Just because it lacks number crunching and a grid doesn't mean it will lack overall crunchiness or escape rules-lawyering.

Shaneus

Is that the good one with all the bonus preorder shit? I just want the dubstep gun, really. Then I'll make my main character Skrillex. Then I'll make sure everyone beats him up.

Don't you have work or uni or something to tide you over until then? Go play SR2 again!
I'm-a try SR3 again. Latest Catalyst drivers have an improved profile for SR4, and because it's the same engine as SR3... hoping that = win.

So MS 180 conf!

Xbox Indie program confirmed. 180 backflip on that. Not only are they giving away free dev kits like Sony do but they are giving TWO to each Indie! Yay! Another 180 that benefits consumers and developers.

Moneyhats! Yay!
EA launching Peggle 2 and Plants v Zombies 2 on 180 first.
FIFA DLC stuff, Ultimate Team, getting exclusive Old Players stuff.
Ubisoft launching some exclusive DLC for The Division on 180 (exclusive AssCree4 and Watch Dogs stuff on PS4, odd)

Also!
Europe only!
Tier 1 countries only!
Pre-orders pre-release only!
Digital only!
While stock lasts only!
(also cheaper to buy a PS4 and FIFA 14 in actual fact unless you are desperate to get a Kinect)

No launch date. Still.

In CBOAT we trust.

markot

Banned
OMG NINTENDO STOP RELEASING RESHASES AND SEQUELSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

OMGOMGOMG SAINTS ROW 4!!!!!! OMG GTA 5!!! IM STAYING IN ALLLLLLLLLLLLL MONTH!!!!!

Nuuvem is legit. Have been around all year pretty sure. Picked up something back around Easter from them no issue. All their stuff is legit, no stolen Russian keys.

Top Bottom