• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Hard mode is the only way to play (until you unlock survivor). Normal is way too easy, and don't worry, the game will make you awe soon enough.

Nah, normal was fine. Especially in
winter
there were some pretty difficult parts... And hard mode doesn't give you the vision right?

senahorse

Personally, I wouldn't want to make the gameplay any harder in TLoU, it would only hinder progress to the next story piece. I loved the story, loved the world, the gameplay itself I certainly wouldn't want more of.

Shaneus

Ah, I am good with that.
Fair enough. I guess Steam will be treating them like two separate games since they won't co-op with each other.
I'm not 100% sure on that, but it makes sense more that we'll be locked out. I think as far as SR4 goes, the Australian one and ROW ones are completely different games. Maybe might need VPN to activate if you can spoof being *anywhere* outside of Australia, lolz.

Jintor

Personally, I wouldn't want to make the gameplay any harder in TLoU, it would only hinder progress to the next story piece. I loved the story, loved the world, the gameplay itself I certainly wouldn't want more of.

I find myself almost wishing it just had walking dead style gameplay.

I'm just not getting anything out of the shoot mans right now. Although the more I think about it the more I like the equipment thingy. Scavenging for useful stuff seems like it'll be important.

Fair enough. I guess Steam will be treating them like two separate games since they won't co-op with each other.

I've never understood the motive behind this. If I want to play a lagged up game with my friend from Bermuda I damn well should be able to. They're putting it harder on themselves to get block because testing. :-/

Shaneus, I hope not

Rahk

Do they have different App IDs?

I really want SR4 but there's no point me buying it yet since I won't get to it for ages.
Not really sure how App IDs work, but checking here it appears to be the same App ID but a different Sub ID, whatever that means. I guess we still may have to wait till September then?

The quote actually says "next Friday" which by my understanding will be next week.

edit: oh well The Bureau is out this week.
Not sure which quote you are referring to, but the EU release date is the 23rd so it should be this Friday. People from EU also need to use a VPN to unlock it before then.

Edit: Ah, guess you meant when you'll be getting keys from Nuuvem.

senahorse

I'm just not getting anything out of the shoot mans right now. Although the more I think about it the more I like the equipment thingy. Scavenging for useful stuff seems like it'll be important.

The gameplay certainly gets easier as you progress and upgrade weapons etc, though I did stealth everywhere I could (some sections broke the game by doing this because the story relied on you not stealthing lol), but I wouldn't say it gets more fun (it certainly didn''t for me (well winter was pretty cool)). It was one of those games that has such great atmosphere and an interesting world that there were many times I wish I could explore/discover more of it. And yes, scavenge for everything it really helps, especially when you have to shoot bad guys.

That said, and as funny as it sounds, it's one of the best games I have played this year so far, the universe really hit a spot for me.

Not really sure how App IDs work, but checking here it appears to be the same App ID but a different Sub ID, whatever that means. I guess we still may have to wait till September then?

Not sure which quote you are referring to, but the EU release date is the 23rd so it should be this Friday. People from EU also need to use a VPN to unlock it before then.

Edit: Ah, guess you meant when you'll be getting keys from Nuuvem.

Yes I was referring to the quote from Nuuvem in the OT. They may mean this Friday but "next" Friday always meant the following one to me. As for the game working without VPN I still doubt it but happy to be wrong :)

Yeah, there were times when the shooting felt like a bit of a slog, but to be honest I felt that that added to the narrative.

hamchan

Heh, if you pre-order the PS4 now in EB you join the queue for 2014. So glad I pre-ordered back during E3 time.

Also tbh I kinda like the Xbone launch lineup a lot more. Won't really get any of the indie stuff on PS4 when I have a PC.

Rahk

I would have liked more exploration or something to break up the combat from TLOU. You very rarely get a breather apart from looking for scissors and tape here and there.

Paz

You know this could mean there's a chance for Vita crossplay. And if there's Vita crossplay, PLUS TxK... well... you know what you must do.

Network play is a bit out of our reach at the moment, but you never know about post launch. I can tell you that we'll be cross buy for sure, #YOPO.

Super excited right now :)

So glad I didn't stay up until 3am for the Sony conf.

What a whimper.

No sale.

You're joking, right? I saw the whole thing, it was pretty awesome. Just goes to show that Sony is out there looking into and experimenting with new types of games, and working with indies while MS just keeps on paying EA and Activision for early access to COD and FIFA.

And the jabs at MS were hilarious. How Sony isn't shifting their policies around and offering AC3 free to Plus users (MS offered AC2). Then you had Vita and PS3 price drops, BL2 for Vita among tons of other content. Cross play to work with all PS4 games, cheaper vita memory (haha Shaneus), Free to play games that actually look great (Little Big planet), and so much more.

The only thing they overdid was showing off too much of Ubisoft titles instead of their own first party stuff.

Nov 15 is slightly a bummer but I'll have it by 20th (amazon) :p

Also, GAF was down more than 3 hours during that time.

Nah, normal was fine. Especially in
winter
there were some pretty difficult parts... And hard mode doesn't give you the vision right?

It does. Survivor is the one minus the vision. Hard is actually hard and there isn't another way to play a survival game.

senahorse

I think I read something about it to do with retail, which wouldn't be surprising hence how we are often price gouged here to match retail pricing.

Fredescu

I think I read something about it to do with retail

The Australian publisher shared photos on Facebook of the retail boxes in their warehouse a few days ago. I thought the more plausible theory was someone forced them to recert the Aus version since it had changed.

senahorse

Shame they can't at least release it digitally. I am not sure how the law works but it seems games can get away without classification when they are digital, maybe that's different if it's going to have a retail presence though.

Fredescu

Shame they can't at least release it digitally.

Pretty sure they can't contractually. Has a multiplat from a major publisher ever delayed the retail 360 version this gen for any reason, while allowing other versions to go on sale? I'm going to say never. Despite the very low probability of that occurring through luck alone.

Rahk

The Australian publisher shared photos on Facebook of the retail boxes in their warehouse a few days ago. I thought the more plausible theory was someone forced them to recert the Aus version since it had changed.
According to this it was due to production delays.

Seems the Facebook photos were taken in NZ.

I guess it makes sense since they would have had to press new copies for the console versions.

senahorse

Pretty sure they can't contractually. Has a multiplat from a major publisher ever delayed the retail 360 version this gen for any reason, while allowing other versions to go on sale? I'm going to say never. Despite the very low probability of that occurring through luck alone.

Not surprising, has it ever happened? Not that I know of either, but as I have been essentially PC digital only (apart from the few must have console exclusives) for the past few years I wouldn't know. Sucks all the same, stupid retail.

BSJ_D1EIcAAp0w0.jpg

lol

Bonus 90 Day if Buying One Year PlayStation Plus Membership before 20th Sep

Network play is a bit out of our reach at the moment, but you never know about post launch. I can tell you that we'll be cross buy for sure, #YOPO.

Yay! YOPO is a huge plus for people who own a Vita, I would buy a ton more indie games on PS3 if I owned a Vita due to YOPO.

How is the PS4 for development? Hope the dev relations guys are treating you well! Do you chat to Boyes/Shahid or is there a local team here in Australia?

You're joking, right? I saw the whole thing, it was pretty awesome.
It as awesome, just a whimper though. Nothing mindblowing. Everything had been talked about before aside from more defined indie games.

Was wanting some bombs to drop to make things interesting!

Sony are in cruise control though. They have already sold out 2013 so it's all about building an amazing 2014 so every shipment they send out will be eaten up like cupcakes.

Massive indie showing warmed my heart though. Sony seem to give a shit which is nice.

A few big PS4 exclusives would have sent a shitshiver through the Xbots which would have been glorious to read. All we really got was them whinging about indies though. TGS could bring the bombs though! Pretty much zero Japanese games so far.

I NEED A RIDGEEEEEEEEEEEE RACERRRRRRRRRR AT LAUNCH YO

hamchan

It kinda feels like to me that Sony are holding back their own studios from launch, maybe so they have a healthy 2014 instead of the post launch drought that most systems seem to go through. Definitely feels like they're giving the spotlight to big third parties and indie games for launch.

Shaneus

Oh, when I said "crossplay" I meant crossbuy :) That means we'll have it on Vita! AusGAF exclusive news? ;)

Can I ask when you guys knew you'd be making something for either platform? Pre or post-PAX?

Heh, if you pre-order the PS4 now in EB you join the queue for 2014. So glad I pre-ordered back during E3 time.
Oh screw you.

Although I have a feeling I'll still be able to find a PS4 launch day. Very little price deviation and not every place will sell preorders. I don't recall anyone having problems buying a 360 on launch (even though yes, I did preorder... but that was only to get the sweet-arse PGR3 faceplate. And the X360 backpack I sported at PAX).

A few big PS4 exclusives would have sent a shitshiver through the Xbots which would have been glorious to read. All we really got was them whinging about indies though. TGS could bring the bombs though! Pretty much zero Japanese games so far.

Yeah I guess but there was no real need to show their already announced first party titles again unless they had new footage to share, which they did for KZ:SF and Infamous SS.

I mean, just look at the Killzone MP screens!

Oh screw you.

Although I have a feeling I'll still be able to find a PS4 launch day. Very little price deviation and not every place will sell preorders. I don't recall anyone having problems buying a 360 on launch (even though yes, I did preorder... but that was only to get the sweet-arse PGR3 faceplate. And the X360 backpack I sported at PAX).

Easily. I'm sure a ring around to a few big w's would be all that it will take.

Paz

Yay! YOPO is a huge plus for people who own a Vita, I would buy a ton more indie games on PS3 if I owned a Vita due to YOPO.

How is the PS4 for development? Hope the dev relations guys are treating you well! Do you chat to Boyes/Shahid or is there a local team here in Australia?

Yeah YOPO is awesome, I like it for games myself so it's a no brainer that we do it for Cactus :D

We're still early on with console dev since we're rushing to finish the PC version this year, and other platforms at the start of next year, but the dev team are awesome! We've been talking with Shahid and his team at SCEE and they have been so helpful, putting some video up at GamesCom and including us in their releases without us even asking, and offering us help with anything else we need. They are just an incredibly passionate group of gamers, and they love playing Cactus :D

Oh, when I said "crossplay" I meant crossbuy :) That means we'll have it on Vita! AusGAF exclusive news? ;)

Can I ask when you guys knew you'd be making something for either platform? Pre or post-PAX?

Vita was announced on EU blog but the Crossbuy info is exclusive to AusGAF for now :)

We knew pre-PAX but nothing was set in stone, we usually have cool things to talk about a few months before we mention them because we want to be 100% sure about the commitment. So who knows what other news will pop up down the line.

I just can't catch a break. Got my friend in Canada to buy PSN funds for my account so I could buy SR4 from the PS store and play today, he bought PS Plus subscription cards instead. I'm out 100 bucks and can't even return those cards now. Fuck me.

Anyone with a Canadian PSN account looking for PS Plus sub? I have 2 annual sub cards.

Shaneus

I thought you said cosplay :/
Man, if there are any male robots that make their way into it, I'd be in. But I don't do cross-play (the cosplay where you dress up as the opposite sex, not the Sony PSN thing). Otherwise I'd be Starch in a heartbeat.

Yeah YOPO is awesome, I like it for games myself so it's a no brainer that we do it for Cactus :D

We're still early on with console dev since we're rushing to finish the PC version this year, and other platforms at the start of next year, but the dev team are awesome! We've been talking with Shahid and his team at SCEE and they have been so helpful, putting some video up at GamesCom and including us in their releases without us even asking, and offering us help with anything else we need. They are just an incredibly passionate group of gamers, and they love playing Cactus :D
I get the impression they're legitimately enthusiastic about indie stuff on PS4. The feeling I have is they're almost shooting for a cable TV/DVR-esque experience, but rather than TV shows, you have a massive number of games. And they're going about it the right way, too.
That a 3-man team can not only get on there, but get mentioned in the leadup of a console's launch is a pretty big thing. Especially considering it's not even a US/Japanese/European developer.

Well done!

Vita was announced on EU blog but the Crossbuy info is exclusive to AusGAF for now :)

We knew pre-PAX but nothing was set in stone, we usually have cool things to talk about a few months before we mention them because we want to be 100% sure about the commitment. So who knows what other news will pop up down the line.
Ah crap, I blew it by mentioning it on Twitter, didn't I? :(

Good way of doing business with the announcements/features though. Better to temper expectations rather than fail to deliver.

FWIW, I cannot wait to play AAC on the Vita. Thing is built for twin-stick shooters but I'm yet to find anything other than Hotline Miami (and I suspect Super Stardust, but I'm yet to buy/play that).

That's not a bad price for the Vita UberXL.
Imagine how many lines of Amaysim you could do off that screen.

I just can't catch a break. Got my friend in Canada to buy PSN funds for my account so I could buy SR4 from the PS store and play today, he bought PS Plus subscription cards instead. I'm out 100 bucks and can't even return those cards now. Fuck me.

Anyone with a Canadian PSN account looking for PS Plus sub? I have 2 annual sub cards.
Tell your story in the buy/sell/trade thread and I bet you find someone who can help

teekun

Dude, next time just buy PSN credit off Amazon. They won't check your billing address against your credit card, so just use any US/Canadian address.

Top Bottom