• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

So MS 180 conf!

Xbox Indie program confirmed. 180 backflip on that. Not only are they giving away free dev kits like Sony do but they are giving TWO to each Indie! Yay! Another 180 that benefits consumers and developers.

Moneyhats! Yay!
EA launching Peggle 2 and Plants v Zombies 2 on 180 first.
FIFA DLC stuff, Ultimate Team, getting exclusive Old Players stuff.
Ubisoft launching some exclusive DLC for The Division on 180 (exclusive AssCree4 and Watch Dogs stuff on PS4, odd)

Also!

Europe only!
Tier 1 countries only!
Pre-orders pre-release only!
Digital only!
While stock lasts only!
(also cheaper to buy a PS4 and FIFA 14 in actual fact unless you are desperate to get a Kinect)

No launch date. Still.

In CBOAT we trust.

Still no reason to buy the Xbone.

Shaneus

So MS 180 conf!

Xbox Indie program confirmed. 180 backflip on that. Not only are they giving away free dev kits like Sony do but they are giving TWO to each Indie! Yay! Another 180 that benefits consumers and developers.

Moneyhats! Yay!
EA launching Peggle 2 and Plants v Zombies 2 on 180 first.
FIFA DLC stuff, Ultimate Team, getting exclusive Old Players stuff.
Ubisoft launching some exclusive DLC for The Division on 180 (exclusive AssCree4 and Watch Dogs stuff on PS4, odd)

Also!

Europe only!
Tier 1 countries only!
Pre-orders pre-release only!
Digital only!
While stock lasts only!
(also cheaper to buy a PS4 and FIFA 14 in actual fact unless you are desperate to get a Kinect)

No launch date. Still.

In CBOAT we trust.
Is this on now, or is this just CBOAT?

Also, didn't answer my question... what DLC do we get from SR4 from that website? Do I get the dubstep gun?

Still no reason to buy the Xbone.

I'll grab one at first big price drop. Probably Easter 2015. Will be a solid exclusive lineup by then. The son will be old enough that the Kinect stuff might be worthwhile finally too.

In any case PC is easily the best choice.
$35 games day one.
Higher resolution, higher quality textures, higher quality post processing.
Free MP.
TRADING CARDS.

Also The Division is coming to PC. Best news of the day.

Killer Instinct is launching with 6 characters (2 post-release DLC are planned)

Is this on now, or is this just CBOAT?

Also, didn't answer my question... what DLC do we get from SR4 from that website? Do I get the dubstep gun?

Conf finished like 20 mins ago.
CBOAT said they are struggling to produce 180's due to yield issues, which is why the launch has been cut back so much.
The fact they STILL haven't said what launch date is points to these issues being true.

Nuuvem DID have the pre-order stuff with SR4 but I can't read it on the site now. Maybe official pre-orders are done? I linked to them like a month ago dude!

Yeah, love these early price-points. Bureau looking like a <$30 pickup, too, or maybe just wait till a Steam sale depending on how much i want to play it.

Honestly don't know if Neeuver is reliable, guess I'll find out.

I got Hitman from them a few months back. No issues.

Shaneus

YOU CAN'T EXPECT SHANEUS TO DECIDE WHAT HE WANTS IN ADVANCE HE NEEDS CHEAP XBOX GOLD NOW AND SAINTS ROW DOES IT HAVE THE WUB WUB!!!!
You know me too well, soul-mate :(

Killer Instinct is launching with 6 characters (2 post-release DLC are planned)

Conf finished like 20 mins ago.
CBOAT said they are struggling to produce 180's due to yield issues, which is why the launch has been cut back so much.
The fact they STILL haven't said what launch date is points to these issues being true.

Nuuvem DID have the pre-order stuff with SR4 but I can't read it on the site now. Maybe official pre-orders are done? I linked to them like a month ago dude!
That's no way to talk to a guy WHO PUT YOU UP IN HIS OWN HOUSE FOR DAYS.

lexi

Banned
My interest in SR4 has waned after the one-month delay. I don't really want to do VPN activations, those days are behind me, man. I WON'T DO IT, MAN.

Shaneus

My interest in SR4 has waned after the one-month delay. I don't really want to do VPN activations, those days are behind me, man. I WON'T DO IT, MAN.
Nuuvem isn't VPN. You can give in freely!

So many 180 back flips. Soon it will just be a ps4 in a white box. Wait is it white? All I saw at PAX was an empty perspex case and a security guard.
Oh man, you missed the best bit, when the... oh, wait. That was just the box without the security guards.

Shaneus

7RXEcjh.png

Ola!

Hey rep, does your order page on Nuuvem for SR4 mention any DLC?

Rahk

Nuuvem isn't VPN. You can give in freely!

Oh man, you missed the best bit, when the... oh, wait. That was just the box without the security guards.
I'm thinking we still might need to wait for it to be released on Australian Steam before we can play it without a VPN like what happened with Borderlands, even if it's still the uncensored version. But we'll see.

Shaneus

Hey Rep, I just worked out where I heard the music in that SR4 trailer on the Nuuvem site.
Observe.

I'm thinking we still might need to wait for it to be released on Australian Steam before we can play it without a VPN like what happened with Borderlands, even if it's still the uncensored version. But we'll see.
Really? Maybe if we play it once we'll be fine. Nuuvem does say it's the ROW version, which I'd think would mean we can play it immediately. Only the censored one would be restricted until September, I'd think.

Bypassing regions restrictions is still based upon the region of the account, not the region of the game. I think you'll probably need to go into offline mode, charge up the VPN machinery, download and start up the game, switch back to offline mode and keep it that way until it unlocks locally.

MS: Oh hey guys! Lionheads last 3 games really did suck didn't they!

Hey! Fable 2 was pretty sweet right? Even made that stupid sucker Kritz buy the CE of Fable 3 day one! lol!

You guys want another awesome Lionhead game? 180 is coming! They gotta do something otherwise we close the place up!

How about a sequel to that medicore, throwaway spinoff Fable Heroes!?!

On-line co-op!!!!!

Four players!!!!!

(inaudible whisper)alwaysonline.....

Yay!!!!

Fable on 180!!!

Yay!!!!

Could turn out okay despite how shit they have been since Fable 2 (hopefully) :/

I'll grab one at first big price drop. Probably Easter 2015. Will be a solid exclusive lineup by then.

Exclusives like RYSE: Son of Rome?

Look at the above video, it looks bad and the combat is just QTE button mash. Apparently, even if you miss ALL the QTE's you will still end up killing the enemy. There is no fail. Except the game of course.

Bernbaum

Elysium is an okay film if you shut your eyes and cover your ears whilst chiming LA-LA-LA-LA-LA whenever Jodie Foster is on screen.

CBOAT sealed my XBOne fate with his most recent thread.

fy yoi thgouhte poelw er mad about abyoneta going sequeleggy to WeeeeYEWW youl be soemwaht nuhapy babout waht MS i money hateing w/Platfinim/. other jpnj dvs inplay to but KMAIYATown IS ONLY o1 I am solid onon. game NOT for nortamser uior Euroep, btway which maek sno nsense byt hwathever.

I'll have to get one at some point given that, though I'm not really sure what's meant by "not for North America or Europe". Japanese focused game? Japanese exclusive? That last one would be weird.

Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 make PS4 the bigger priority for me, but they're not going to hit for a while so there's no rush.

i dont bother with cboat threads, i dont understand his method of scrambling.

amd beta drivers took a long time to install, i showered in the meantime.

i wish unity3d let visual studio do debugging so i didnt have to use monodevelop ;_;

Shaneus

If it's Vanquish 2 I'll shoot myself.

Then buy a One.

i dont bother with cboat threads, i dont understand his method of scrambling.

amd beta drivers took a long time to install, i showered in the meantime.

i wish unity3d let visual studio do debugging so i didnt have to use monodevelop ;_;
Method, or reasoning? It's like reading a Choc tweet. I'm sure it's only done so no-one can recognise any patterns in his writing and be able to attribute it to someone specific. Just like the guys doing the Unthreaded jailbreak for iOS.

Method, or reasoning? It's like reading a Choc tweet. I'm sure it's only done so no-one can recognise any patterns in his writing and be able to attribute it to someone specific. Just like the guys doing the Unthreaded jailbreak for iOS.

Both. Reasoning is fairly reasonable, I wouldn't want to get outed then never trusted with company secrets therefore never able to get a job in what he/she clearly loves doing. Method is just annoying, which is why I immediately look for translations, and if none are forthcoming, I bail.

Jintor

Can't say I'm blown away by TLOU yet, but then again I'm still travelling to Capitol.

Hard mode is bloody annoying. Having to learn the rules for clickers/stealth etc. mainly by trial and error is an exercise in frustration.

EA gamescom stream just ended, TitanFall and BF4 looking godlike.

BF4 64 players running at 60fps on next gen consoles confirmed.

Can't say I'm blown away by TLOU yet, but then again I'm still travelling to Capitol.

Hard mode is bloody annoying. Having to learn the rules for clickers/stealth etc. mainly by trial and error is an exercise in frustration.

Hard mode is the only way to play (until you unlock survivor). Normal is way too easy, and don't worry, the game will make you awe soon enough.

Rahk

Really? Maybe if we play it once we'll be fine. Nuuvem does say it's the ROW version, which I'd think would mean we can play it immediately. Only the censored one would be restricted until September, I'd think.
I bought it on Amazon last night and got a US (ROW) key and I only had the option to preload it. I'm guessing Nuuvem will be the same.

Don't expect your mind to be blown by the Citizen Kane of games or anything, but it does improve.

Not sure what you mean by rules though, there's not that many!

senahorse

I bought it on Amazon last night and got a US (ROW) key and I only had the option to preload it. I'm guessing Nuuvem will be the same.

Ha, forgot about this with Steam. I guess we will need to use a VPN whenever we want to play it until the end of September.

Jintor

Not sure what you mean by rules though, there's not that many!

Can't punch clickers out. Bricks work as melee weapons but do they have durability? If you pick up a bat you can't actually select it but it'll limited power-up your punching. Shivs break instantly for some fucking reason. Zambies twitch like fuck and sometimes they'll see you and sometimes they won't and it's kind of a crapshoot. Don't hit circle by accident or enemy sight radius becomes unreliable.

stuff like that.

Stackboy

I'm keen to play SR4 and it's out 5 days before GTA5 in Oz. I'll likely just wait until the Aus launch, good warm up to GTA5.

So glad I didn't stay up until 3am for the Sony conf.

What a whimper.

Indie games as far as the eye can see!

Also Vita stuff. Minecraft & Borderlands 2.

Minecraft on EVERYTHING actually.

Price drop on Vita and memory cards will come in handy soon though! Hope no-one just bought a memory card!

CBOAT am fail too. Late November launch for PS4 :/

No sale.

I'm the direct opposite. I know I'm not buying a PS4 until next year sometime (DESTINY), but that conference got me so keen for one. All those indie devs on PS4, nice work Sony.

BORDERLANDS 2 ON VITA TOO!!

Elysium is an okay film if you shut your eyes and cover your ears whilst chiming LA-LA-LA-LA-LA whenever Jodie Foster is on screen.

best scene is where
jodie foster and one of her underlings can't agree on how to pronounce 'data'

The poor people on earth only seem to listen to dubstep. while the people on elysium were inventing magic tanning beds, the people left on earth were being fucked by this monstrosity

300px-Akai_MPC60.jpg

The best bit about Elysium was the
Bugatti space ship

EA gamescom stream just ended, TitanFall and BF4 looking godlike.

BF4 64 players running at 60fps on next gen consoles confirmed.

Has there been much in the way of hands on with bf4 on console, I'd happily switch from PC but I just much rather keyboard/mouse for fps.

Shaneus

The poor people on earth only seem to listen to dubstep. while the people on elysium were inventing magic tanning beds, the people left on earth were being fucked by this monstrosity

300px-Akai_MPC60.jpg
If staying on earth in the future means I get to be fucked by a synthesizer, then that haven in the sky can go jam it.... and leave me to contemplate my future on earth in the ghetto with my half-synth/half-human babies.

Top Bottom