• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

jambo

I don't know why, but I can't stop laughing at this one

- Thirty-four Essendon players were injected with an amino acid compound sourced from a chemist in Mexico and bought without a prescription by a patient of chiropractor Dr Malcolm Hooper who was suffering from muscular dystrophy.

:lol

legend166

- Thirty-four Essendon players were injected with an amino acid compound sourced from a chemist in Mexico and bought without a prescription by a patient of chiropractor Dr Malcolm Hooper who was suffering from muscular dystrophy.

I like that Hird's side effects were redacted. Must be pretty embarrassing!

jambo

There seems to be an oddly high number of people from Perth on GAF...

Anyway, welcome!

Steam ID?
360 Gamertag?
PS3 thingy?
Twitterer?
Nintentcode?
How many of your relatives has the Carbon Tax Election Campaign disembowelled so far?
Sexiest Bond: Pierce Brosnan or Sir Sean "The Rock" Connery?
Would you buy a Crackdown 3?
Thoughts on Viva Pinata Party Pinatas?
iOS gamer or Android user?
How do you feel about DRM and always on DRM?
Is Women teh weakest sex in gaeming?
Do you Kooka with Country Cookies?
UGG boots. Do you speak it?
Red Rock Deli chips are the best chips.
Picking up a Vita or have a 3DS? OR SNK THINGY?
D&D or Board Games or IRL Role Playing or Furry or Capcom fan?
Sexy: Karen Gillan? Ricki Lee? Missy Higgins?
Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole?
Jalapeño man?
BACON MAN?
Interest in alcohol? Scotch and Cider?
Vegemite... Mana from heaven or foul toxic sludge?
Do you plays the Halos or Duties or FieldsOfBattlez?
Any glass eyeballs?
Are you the one delaying all the fucking videogames into 2013 killing 3rd party support for the WiiU?
Are you Mayan or can use Maya?
Curse of Monkey Island is the greatest game of all time.

Dude, next time just buy PSN credit off Amazon. They won't check your billing address against your credit card, so just use any US/Canadian address.

Doesn't work, I need Canadian cards specifically and Amazon.ca does not mail out codes via email, nor do they post overseas. US cards don't work with CA account. :/

Tell your story in the buy/sell/trade thread and I bet you find someone who can help

Already did, and asked my friend in Canada to put them on ebay as well.

Shaneus

Guys, I think we need to stage an intervention for HolyCheck.

He has falled into the cult of Hird.
He's long been an Essendon fan AFAIK. And from what I've witnessed, if you support the Bombers, there's basically no direction to go other than batshit crazy.

The difference between Grand Theft Auto's drugs and Saints Row's is that the former will probably have no effect on gameplay, or if anything a negative one (like Fable's getting drunk) while the latter gives you fucking superpowers.

It's stupid that fictional alien narcotics are banned, but trying to build some narrative around SRIV's RC and GTA being okayed based simply on them both having drugs is silly when there are clear differences.

Kritz

Banned
The difference between Grand Theft Auto's drugs and Saints Row's is that the former will probably have no effect on gameplay, or if anything a negative one (like Fable's getting drunk) while the latter gives you fucking superpowers.

It's stupid that fictional alien narcotics are banned, but trying to build some narrative around SRIV's RC and GTA being okayed based simply on them both having drugs is silly when there are clear differences.

Can I go back to my argument of why wasn't Saints Row 1 banned then?

Since it has gameplay enhancing cannabis usage.

Kritz

Banned
does GTA: Chinatown Wars count? It had named drugs that gave you a direct gameplay benefit for selling them. Like, you didn't consume them, but you did distribute them. And made hella dolla dolla.

Does Far Cry count? The drug isn't named, but you do inject yourself with not-morphine-but-actually-morphine to give yourself full health restoration. Or did FC2 get away with it because they brown bagged that shit?

Damn that's just so weird.

I know its been out for a few weeks but today I saw the Wolverine in a totally empty large cinema with just me and my brother. It was not bad, certainly better than Meh-lysium. Well made and far better than X men Origins.

You'd never know it was filmed in Sydney. Didn't spot a single aussie actor other than Hugh

I have been shaped one day before my quota rolls over. It's the end of the world.
How will I live? I've already started looking for writing paper and envelopes.
Maybe I should write a smug article for a news website. "how I sold a shitty clickbait article?"

Okay I will properly introduce myself with all the details necessary to judge my worth.

Steam ID? ninjacatfish
360 Gamertag? NinjaxCatfish
PS3 thingy? NinjaCatfish
Twitterer? @NinjaCatfish
Nintentcode? Catfiish
How many of your relatives has the Carbon Tax Election Campaign disembowelled so far? Twelve
Sexiest Bond: Pierce Brosnan or Sir Sean "The Rock" Connery? Umm Daniel Craig owns my heart
Would you buy a Crackdown 3? I have not played a Crockdown.
Thoughts on Viva Pinata Party Pinatas? I party all day every day with pinana unicorn bug shino things.
iOS gamer or Android user? What's an Android game? #outdatedAndroidShade
How do you feel about DRM and always on DRM? It's not enough to stop me buying a game. I feel like there can be advantages that people have yet to come up with, and are too scared to suggest because the Internet will cry too loudly.
Is Women teh weakest sex in gaeming? wats a women
Do you Kooka with Country Cookies? I Koala with Metro Biscuits
UGG boots. Do you speak it? They always smell really bad after I wear them so I think they are gross
Red Rock Deli chips are the best chips. No argument.
Picking up a Vita or have a 3DS? OR SNK THINGY? I have both of the ones that are relevant.
D&D or Board Games or IRL Role Playing or Furry or Capcom fan? I didn't even hate RE6.
Sexy: Karen Gillan? Ricki Lee? Missy Higgins? Gross, take me to Canada instead pls.
Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole? He is the grossest creepiest man on Earth
Jalapeño man? "All the salads except Jalapeños please"
BACON MAN? NOT EVERY DAY. The love affair with bacon ended when someone bought me Bacon Mints that tasted disgusting.
Interest in alcohol? Scotch and Cider? I do enjoy a Bulmer's, or a scotch/whiskey whose name I cannot recall.
Vegemite... Mana from heaven or foul toxic sludge? Spread that shit out with butter and it is the best.
Do you plays the Halos or Duties or FieldsOfBattlez? All of the HaloFields of Duty of Two: Modren Conflicts.
Any glass eyeballs? All five eyeballs
Are you the one delaying all the fucking videogames into 2013 killing 3rd party support for the WiiU? Sorry, you'll have to ask Vook about that.
Are you Mayan or can use Maya? I can use 3ds Max a little bit but not rreally a lot.
Curse of Monkey Island is the greatest game of all time. I have not played a single Monkey Island game to completion. I'm more a Sam & Max mang.

Sam & Max is cool!

THIS IS THE BEST THREAD ON GAF EVER
NO NEGATIVE POSTS!

ALSO!

Binding of Isaac Rebirth will be FREE on PS+ for PS4/Vita
Resogun (Super Stardust devs) will be FREE on PS+ for PS4/Vita
Driveclub (limited tracks/cars) will be FREE on PS+ for PS4

Also will have Twitch AND uStream on PS4.

PS4 UI is sleak as FUCK. Love the setup. Love the noises too, remind me of old school Gran Turismo!

ALSO I NEED A PS4 FOR INFAMOUS DAMNITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
alqu9l.gif

Jintor

I'm glad TLoU has such strong atmosphere in its cutscenes and environments because it's all broken whenever Ellie scurries along right in front of a bandit, or we're supposedly sneaking around graveyards full of zambies but my AI buddies just bloody run everywhere without attracting any attention whatsoever

Getting slowly more enjoyable though. Ammo scarcity definitely beginning to make me count my bullets. Instant-kill zombies, less fun.

Kritz

Banned
Ammo scarcity definitely beginning to make me count my bullets.

Such an odd design decision to have ammo scarcity in a game that also contains enemies with unlimited ammo. Of whom also have better guns than you, yet once said enemies die their guns vanish.

Yet this is a game that has scavenging as one of its core mechanics.

Jintor

Yeah, that is really shit.

Also AI companions with guns apparently do less damage then you, too.

There's just all these game design decisions working against immersing myself into the game proper.

I'm glad TLoU has such strong atmosphere in its cutscenes and environments because it's all broken whenever Ellie scurries along right in front of a bandit, or we're supposedly sneaking around graveyards full of zambies but my AI buddies just bloody run everywhere without attracting any attention whatsoever

Getting slowly more enjoyable though. Ammo scarcity definitely beginning to make me count my bullets. Instant-kill zombies, less fun.

Brick-n-shank ended up being my motto towards the end :p

And yeah, the story is brilliant. I really loved the little comments, like Ellie telling jokes.

Yeah, that is really shit.

Also AI companions with guns apparently do less damage then you, too.

There's just all these game design decisions working against immersing myself into the game proper.

Such an odd design decision to have ammo scarcity in a game that also contains enemies with unlimited ammo. Of whom also have better guns than you, yet once said enemies die their guns vanish.

Yet this is a game that has scavenging as one of its core mechanics.

You don't need guns, just craft bombs.

Dead Man

Okay I will properly introduce myself with all the details necessary to judge my worth.

How many of your relatives has the Carbon Tax Election Campaign disembowelled so far? Twelve
Red Rock Deli chips are the best chips. No argument.
Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole? He is the grossest creepiest man on Earth
Vegemite... Mana from heaven or foul toxic sludge? Spread that shit out with butter and it is the best.
Any glass eyeballs? All five eyeballs
You can stay.

Hey Listen! Should I grab any of the Just Cause 2 DLC? Thinking of playing that game one day.

Also

HA_HA_HA,_OH_WOW.jpg

Elder Scrolls Online

Pay $60-120 for game.

Pay $30-100 a month for internet connection.

Pay $40-60 a year for Xbox Live Gold

Play with only Xbox 360 players, not with PC/PS3 players.

Pay monthly fee to play Elder Scrolls Online

Bets how long it lasts before it goes F2P?

Laggy or not, I still can't figure out what Microsoft's strategy with this thing is. Who even wants to make games for Kinect besides Harmonix?
Kids games! Fitness games! Shovelware games!

I dunno seriously. I use my Kinect a bit now to try and stay active but its pretty jarring, feels very gamey. :/

Bought Metal Gear Rising cause I forgot a PC version was coming, fuck. It runs at 60fps at least, right? :<

Should be around 60 on consoles, that was the big whining before launch that they went for frame rate over particles-per-squareinch.

Hey Listen! Should I grab any of the Just Cause 2 DLC? Thinking of playing that game one day.
Thinking of playing that game one day. Thinking? One day. As in future tense? For shame, reppy. For shame.

The short answer is no. The DLC doesn't add anything to the game at all. In fact, any of the weapons are next-to-useless because their ammo is unique, so you can't pick up additional clips/rounds off of fallen enemies. That means you have to keep on purchasing the weapon to keep on using it. All of the vehicles are not worth the money, either. When you actually get around to playing the game you'll find that you neither spend enough time in a vehicle nor use those ones as you'll just hijack what's around instead.

Glorious, glorious game, it is.

Top Bottom