• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Happy birthday DeathnotsoJr!

Y'know, 1.5 or so years after finishing Storm of Swords, I decided to finally pick up Feast for Crows. I kinda like it so far. Even if the book is a bit slow, it's nice to get back into that universe again.

I couldn't do that. I got hooked with GoT and read them all back to back.

Also, the Gaf meltdown over Affleck as the new Batman is glorious.

Whoa. Did not see that coming. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

I'm a sucker for all things C&C and Red Alert! Yes please? :)

Code PM'ed. Suck away.

Edit: Also, fuck this civil war quest line in Skyrim, the thing is utterly busted. I have just spent 3 hours trying all the various fixes and it still won't work.

Don't bother, that one is extremely hard to un-glitch. Your best bet is to start from a previous save where you have not yet started this quest line.

7 hours remain

I know I'm going to regret asking, 7 hours until what?

Till my birthday is over.

Happy birthday DeathnotsoJr!

I couldn't do that. I got hooked with GoT and read them all back to back.

Thanks. Same here, I went through all books one after the other.

Beer and milk? I've never tasted this concoction. Where might I try one?
Despite it being called a "chocolate milk" beer, it's not really either. It was mashed with cacao nibs to give it a bitter dark chocolate flavour, and after boiling lactose (e.g. milk sugar) was added to the wort (unfermented beer) to give a different mouthfeel. Sometimes they're called "lacto" stouts instead of "milk" stouts (particularly in the UK, where in the past milk stout was advertised as a good drink, especially for mothers).

That said, I'm sure someone has made beer milkshakes in the past.

Mackesons1.jpg

Despite it being called a "chocolate milk" beer, it's not really either. It was mashed with cacao nibs to give it a bitter dark chocolate flavour, and after boiling lactose (e.g. milk sugar) was added to the wort (unfermented beer) to give a different mouthfeel. Sometimes they're called "lacto" stouts instead of "milk" stouts (particularly in the UK, where in the past milk stout was advertised as a good drink, especially for mothers).

That said, I'm sure someone has made beer milkshakes in the past.

Sounds delicious, sadly I've never even heard of beer milkshakes. Where do I get some?

Ozgameshop sent me a $5 birthday coupon, valid till 29th aug midnight. I don't need it right now, happy to pass it along. Not valid on pre-orders.

Shaneus

Of those two games, only C&C Music Factory: Red Alert is for the Steams. Populous is Oragin onlee.
The email said both, then I saw the Humble page said Populous was Origin only. Still, for something I was thinking of getting on GOG, snobbad.

Check your nuuvem account guys.

My SR4 is missing.
Same same :) Refund incoming? I haven't checked their forums yet.

Anyone find the hidden dongs in Viva Piñata Party Animals yet?
Hidden?

Another birthday without the birthday skeleton? C'mon guys.

Ye6hAWS.jpg

Happy birthday, DeathJr!

Ozgameshop sent me a $5 birthday coupon, valid till 29th aug midnight. I don't need it right now, happy to pass it along. Not valid on pre-orders.

I'll take it off your hands if nobody else is interested.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Just spent my whole day at the uni library half-procrastinating.. half-working (mainly due to my headache). It was a good time to really edit my assignment.. finally got it sent off.. and it's like 3-days before it's officially due.

APA formatting is the worst. Hope I get some valuable feedback on the possible mistakes (I made).

Dead Man

Just spent my whole day at the uni library half-procrastinating.. half-working (mainly due to my headache). It was a good time to really edit my assignment.. finally got it sent off.. and it's like 3-days before it's officially due.

APA formatting is the worst. Hope I get some valuable feedback on the possible mistakes (I made).

APA formatting should be banned from journals, it is shit to write and shit to read.

On the subject of books I'm currently just over 1000 pages into Stephen King's The Stand. dis one long ass book.

surfing the wikis looking up Aaron Paul(Jesse Pinkman)'s new film with Mary Elizabeth Winstead Smashed, I find out they're making a Need for Speed movie and he's the star. wut wut

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Happy bday jr!

Hey guys, I decided to empty my swag bag from PAX. We have 10% off at beer deluxe cards! (expired now though)

Lolol

I didn't wish Jr a happy birthday, so happy birthday DeathJr!

Beer floats are... Interesting. It did make my homebrew which is a little rough around the edges taste smoother so there's that.

But but the hanging indent on your reference list looks kind of cool!
As cool as Lolita Guy?

Another birthday without the birthday skeleton? C'mon guys.

Ye6hAWS.jpg

Happy birthday, DeathJr!

I'll take it off your hands if nobody else is interested.

Thanks, code PM'ed.

Happy birthday

Happy bday jr!

Thanks shan and holy.

Except in this situation you'd be doing the cutting.

I like this chimp.

I didn't wish Jr a happy birthday, so happy birthday DeathJr!

Beer floats are... Interesting. It did make my homebrew which is a little rough around the edges taste smoother so there's that.

Thanks cod, I asked at Dan Murphy's, guy said you can't get them anywhere in the country. :(

Btw holy, I watched kick ass 2 yesterday and realized that you kind of look like one of the guys from that movie.

hottubprem8.jpg

Thanks cod, I asked at Dan Murphy's, guy said you can't get them anywhere in the country. :(
Hah. I wouldn't trust Dan Murphy's to recommend a Dan Murphy's store.

Buy a good quality stout that you enjoy, put a scoop of ice cream in a glass and pour said stout slowly over the ice cream.

Also recently started trying to pour beers into a non-angled glass, straight into the middle of they glass, slowly. Apparently it makes bottled beer more like draft beer. I've not had a bad one thus far with this method. Google 'Randy Mosher beer pour' if you're interested.

Shaneus

Gone Home is fucking AMAZING. Although I thought it was only going to go for 30 minutes or so, but now it's 3:30am, not midnight :/

Also, cheap MK at GMG. ~$10, down to ~$8 with the discount. Woo!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I think my issue with console shooters and why I can't play them is summed up pretty well in that video.

Oh look an enemy, Lets stand still and shoot!

On PC it was always, Oh look an enemy, lets fucking strafe like a mad man while trying to aim so the guy i've spotted doesn't fucking kill me.

I've played too long with the mouse and keyboard so i'm used to that quick look around while running forward and strafing business.

Trying to play some killzone merc beta last night on the vita and it was just so so bad. Game looks nice and all but ack, Console dual sticks suck.

I think my issue with console shooters and why I can't play them is summed up pretty well in that video.

On PC it was always, Oh look an enemy, lets fucking strafe like a mad man while trying to aim so the guy i've spotted doesn't fucking kill me.

I've played too long with the mouse and keyboard so i'm used to that quick look around while running forward and strafing business.

Trying to play some killzone merc beta last night on the vita and it was just so so bad. Game looks nice and all but ack, Console dual sticks suck.

console shooters suck ass
it took me buying a ps3 to learn that :(
think ill still stick to pc next gen, pc and maybe a 3ds if they ever put out revised hardware

Agreed. I just wish I could eaisly play on the couch with keyboard/mouse.

console shooters are still fun because everyone has the same handicap. It's like how planetside 1 was still alot of fun despite being way slower and less jump crouch strafey than something like rtcw et

Gaz was looking for Go Pro something wasn't he?
GoPro - 11MP - HERO3 Silver Edition $313
GoPro -5MP- HERO3 White Edition $228
GoPro - 12MP - HERO3 Black Edition $415

Logitech K400R Wireless Touch Keyboard is $22.60 from Harvey Norman if you sign up at the bottom of their homepage for email updates (they email you a $5 coupon code).

Tropico 1/2/3/4 steamkey(s) for $5

Green Man Gaming stuff, use GMG20-KCDKK-H4TPB code, steamkeys
Reus for $4
ResiEvil Operations SHIT CITY for $5.60
DmC for $20
ResiEvil 6 for $16
Mortal Kombat Komplete Kedition for $8.16

I've made it in life, there is a GAF thread about Cactus :D

So now I can die happy right?

Not until the damn game is finished you can't!

Rahk

Even for third person. Snappy aiming in SR IV is a godsend. (Got the spotflux working finally)
I'm guessing Steam wouldn't connect with Spotflux enabled? I have that issue. How did you get it working? I've been using some other VPN but would rather use Spotflux.

Rezbit

Now THIS is a launch game.

untitled-1kxu07.gif

The nicest thing is probably the particles (although it looks like that's gonna be overused as heck). I dunno, after playing shit like BF3 on ultra with 64 players and jets, jeeps and explosions everywhere...it's not that it's underwhelming, it's just ok. That stunned animation is a real clanger.

Top Bottom