• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Jintor

Disable the additional VPN filtering and leave it only in VPN mode.

I was getting hella constant drops but it finally downloaded the necessary files and I kicked Steam back to offline mode

Fogz

I'm guessing Steam wouldn't connect with Spotflux enabled? I have that issue. How did you get it working? I've been using some other VPN but would rather use Spotflux.

I use spotflux and its been working fine. Might take like 3 or 4 times to connect to steam but it does eventually.

Well, I just saw a large ute driving around with two flags on the back, these weren't stickers but actual material flags. The first was an American flag, ok nothing too strange. The second was a confederate flag...Wtf. I wasn't able to establish if Tony Abbott was the driver, so I'll assume, maybe.

Shaneus

Gaz was looking for Go Pro something wasn't he?
GoPro - 11MP - HERO3 Silver Edition $313
GoPro -5MP- HERO3 White Edition $228
GoPro - 12MP - HERO3 Black Edition $415

Logitech K400R Wireless Touch Keyboard is $22.60 from Harvey Norman if you sign up at the bottom of their homepage for email updates (they email you a $5 coupon code).

Tropico 1/2/3/4 steamkey(s) for $5

Green Man Gaming stuff, use GMG20-KCDKK-H4TPB code, steamkeys
Reus for $4
ResiEvil Operations SHIT CITY for $5.60
DmC for $20
ResiEvil 6 for $16
Mortal Kombat Komplete Kedition for $8.16

Not until the damn game is finished you can't!
Shit city, lol.
I posted about MK earlier in the thread, slowcoach.
DMC worth it at that price? I'm guessing that given Capcpom, it'll be $10 or less soon anyway?
What's Reus?

I can vouch for that keyboard. Great for browsing on a TV while comfy-couching.

I know that there are a few board game enthusiasts on AusGAF, and I was wondering if anyone has played the Game of Thrones board game (second edition)? I'm not big into them, but I absolutely love the old school Hero Quest BG so don't know if GoT is at all similar?

Has anyone ever ordered any digital stuff off Amazon? They won't allow Australians to buy it, but I can just add a US billing address and that's fine. Will they actually check my credit card details against the US address?

There's no guarantee things won't change, but tons of people (me included) have ordered using that method without any problems. Just put down your address as a US state without sales tax!

Kritz

Banned
Has anyone ever ordered any digital stuff off Amazon? They won't allow Australians to buy it, but I can just add a US billing address and that's fine. Will they actually check my credit card details against the US address?

Just use a US address and your normal CCard.

I currently have my amazon address set to Google HQ and it works fine.

Sidenote, 10 hours into SR4. Game's actually amazing. Was really skeptical of it coming into it, but boy, if SR4 isn't the second best Crackdown game, I don't know what is.

hamchan

Just use a US address and your normal CCard.

I currently have my amazon address set to Google HQ and it works fine.

Sidenote, 10 hours into SR4. Game's actually amazing. Was really skeptical of it coming into it, but boy, if SR4 isn't the second best Crackdown game, I don't know what is.

Probably Crackdown 2

SR4 is a great expansion pack. Basically draws in Prototype controls with Crackdown jumping and orb collection into the linear story missions of SR3.

Hey Danoss! Did you get any pictures of the red moon last night? Was stunning coming up over the horizon around 6:45pm last night.

Also that The Switcher boardgame sure looks like a boardgame! Any chance you guys have any information on it?

Dead Man

Just learned Australia had camps for immigrants for a long time:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonegilla_Migrant_Reception_and_Training_Centre
The centre was remote from the larger cities and generally attracted little attention from the Australian press. An exception from this general rule was in 1949 when 13 newly arrived children died from malnutrition. An official inquiry was critical of the inadequately staffed and equipped hospital.[5] There were protests about food and conditions in 1952 and Italian and German migrants staged a riot in 1961, smashing the employment office and clashing with police. The protesters posted signs reading "We want work or back to Europe" and "Bonegilla camp without hope". These two events embarrassed Australian authorities and saw a review of settlement policies

Guess refugees being treated like shit was all the could be expected.

Edit: That feeling when everyone on Steam is playing SR4 :(

Omikron

Still on the my first ironman game... Castille has spread far and wide. Would be doing a lot better if I didn't keep forgetting that breaking truces causes crippling effects to my stability. Oh and a 0-0-0 ruler that wouldn't die.

Dead Man

Is EU4 hard to learn? Last game like it I played for any length of time would have been Medieval Total War 1. So, a decade ago. Wow.

Frawdder

Ironman England > Great Britain for me.

Made some mistakes and missed opportunities in the early years. That and starting with a 0/0/0 ruler does nothing for your nation. Spain and France are massive and I have no desire to go to war with either of them. Making some headway into America and am in the process of making the worlds largest navy, so that's something.

Shandy

Just learned Australia had camps for immigrants for a long time:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonegilla_Migrant_Reception_and_Training_Centre

Sshhhh, accept your stories about heroic medics and their donkey friends.

I had no idea we interned "enemy aliens" during WWI and II. I do not recall it being mentioned at any point during my schooling. I found out last year when I was reading about the US camps. I got a bit curious and decided to see if Australia had done anything similar. I don't know why I was surprised, but I was.

I mean, maybe I just went to the wrong schools, or maybe it's something you learn about in upper school history (which I didn't do), but I think we should teach our children that we once imprisoned a bunch of people because their names sounded a certain way or they spoke with a certain accent. And then we should teach them that that's actually kind of... you know, wrong and dehumanising and just generally terrible.

Just casually inserting myself into AusGAF. You guys seem all right.

Sshhhh, accept your stories about heroic medics and their donkey friends.

I had no idea we interned "enemy aliens" during WWI and II. I do not recall it being mentioned at any point during my schooling. I found out last year when I was reading about the US camps. I got a bit curious and decided to see if Australia had done anything similar. I don't know why I was surprised, but I was.

I mean, maybe I just went to the wrong schools, or maybe it's something you learn about in upper school history (which I didn't do), but I think we should teach our children that we once imprisoned a bunch of people because their names sounded a certain way or they spoke with a certain accent. And then we should teach them that that's actually kind of... you know, wrong and dehumanising and just generally terrible.

Just casually inserting myself into AusGAF. You guys seem all right.

Kids these days... They used to.
I remember being bombarded with stuff like this on telly.
The Cowra Breakout
The Dunedin Boys
The Alien Years (with a very young Christolph Waltz)

if you really want to feel bad: blackbirding

They even changed the names of a bunch of towns. Birdsville used to be Hamburg, for instance.

In other news, I found out this morning that the Hillsong people have abandoned the ex-gay movement and seem to be embracing a Catholic-style "You can be gay, but you can't have sex" mode. Baby steps.

Shaneus

They even changed the names of a bunch of towns. Birdsville used to be Hamburg, for instance.

In other news, I found out this morning that the Hillsong people have abandoned the ex-gay movement and seem to be embracing a Catholic-style "You can be gay, but you can't have sex" mode. Baby steps.
Ain't no steps of babies when dem gays be inverlved.

it took a trip to Target, Big W, Kmart and finally another Big W to find Splinter Cell on Wii U.
It was only $60 (which was nice).

are they releasing Super Luigi on the eshop here at any point? I can only see a trailer video for download. the retail copy was $58

The Australian member of the Wonderful 101 that I've come across so far.

xnU9GXO.jpg

The Priscilla/Belrose/Alice Springs thing only just clicked then. Haha

are they releasing Super Luigi on the eshop here at any point? I can only see a trailer video for download. the retail copy was $58

The digital version is DLC for New Super Mario U so you need to go to the listing for that and then "view add on content" or whatever, think it's $29.99 or thereabouts. Only the retail version is stand alone.

Is the new Splinter Cell any good?

I'll let you know after I get a chance to play it.

They've always been pretty good 7-8 out of 10 games despite Ubi constantly changing them in ways no wants (see also Rainbow 6, Ghost Recon, Prince of Persia, Assassin's Creed)

it took a trip to Target, Big W, Kmart and finally another Big W to find Splinter Cell on Wii U.
It was only $60 (which was nice).

It came out digitally here before the disc version. You have to buy it from within Mario U though. I'm guessing they did that to prevent anyone buying it from the eShop then complaining when they don't have the Mario U disc to play it.

It's not obvious, I had to ask around to find out myself.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Wouldn't say 'amazing'. Certainly well-executed.

I was just really happy they ran with more important and grounded themes instead of the cliches the game (and post-apoc/zombie apocalypse genre entire) baits you with.

I was just really happy they ran with more important and grounded themes instead of the cliches the game (and post-apoc/zombie apocalypse genre entire) baits you with.

So weird, for me there was almost nothing worth playing on PS3 last year but this year has been pretty good considering I was able to play two whole PS3 exclusives I wanted (TLOU and Sly 4) and maybe 3 if Beyond ends up being as worthy as David Cage thinks it is.

It came out digitally here before the disc version. You have to buy it from within Mario U though. I'm guessing they did that to prevent anyone buying it from the eShop then complaining when they don't have the Mario U disc to play it.

It's not obvious, I had to ask around to find out myself.

I will try this tomorrow.

Because I apparently have too much time on my hands, I started this thread:

Special Editions & Preorders Holiday OT 2013 - Getting the most for the least!

Is it worth doing for you guys? Amazing how many versions we get even compared to America and the Brits.

yes. Even though I have sworn off Special Eds, I would be interesting on viewing such a thread.

Frawdder

I had to ban Mega's bot from Steam chat because it was spamming some shit non-stop.

Let someone know when you've fixed it, Mega, and get it unbanned.

Top Bottom