• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Shit Clive I just realised, where's your cat going?

Your house!

GAZUNTA PRODUCTIONS PRESENTS

The Outrageous Adventures of Presidog & Chairman Meow!

fwc_archive_presidog.gif
chairman_meow_red.jpg

Shaneus

Same with me, reading their forum it seems they might be giving us AU keys now, I am cancelling my order, I don't appreciate them just changing it without informing me.

edit: just logged it through Paypal resolution, having translation issues with their site. I think I will just pay the extra and buy from Amazon or US Steam, live and learn.
Fucking fuck. Requesting refund, will get someone like Wilfare to gift it to me :)

Hopefully it's not too early to not get the preorder bonus... is it?

Shaneus

I jut filed a dispute, i will escalate to a PayPal claim if they respond to me like they did to cookie. fuck this is. mess.
How did you file a dispute, exactly? I submitted a support email regarding a problem with my order, we'll see what happens. Also posted in that thread about SR4 keys so hopefully they see that and do something about it.

Edit: I found this on the Reddit post for the sale, think it's the only way I can get an "archived" paragraph of how the game was advertised:
"We're aware that most of our international community is having a big time wondering if the Saints Row key that we're providing will be regionally exclusive or not.

In a first moment, the Saints Row IV pre-purchase rights that we sold until now, will, indeed, be redeemed as regional keys, but we've already taken action in order to protect the best interests and rights of our foreign users, so, soon after the game is launched we guarantee that all the foreign users that pre-purchased with us will receive a worldwide redeemable key.

It is important to state though, that all the keys that will be sold AFTER the game launch, will be regionally blocked.

If there is any question that remains unanswered please let us know.

Best Regards

Nuuvem Team"
https://pay.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/1jdm9r/nuuvem_saints_row_iv_25/

Bernbaum

Got a bunch of biometric shit done - taken with a pinch of salt.

Bodyweight currently at 86.7 kg (down from my all-time personal best of 107 kg). Body fat percentage is at 10.6%.

Apparently I grew an inch since last time I got measured properly. Probably from the improved posture maybe. Hooray for me.

Oh and apparently I'm more flexible than expected for a tall guy - at 193cm, I can stretch my hands 16cm past my feet with locked knees. Hooray.

Having little interest in the chore of cardio when I started fitness training, improving my running was never a goal. For a long time, cardio consisted almost solely of a 5 minute warmup on the treadmill. This escalated and I now organise a running group that does a 5km run twice a week, at which I am consistently the fastest. Last week I ran 5km in 25 minutes. Today I ran it at just over 22 minutes. Fairly thrilled with that as strength training has been the goal for the last 6 months since losing a shitload of weight.

Hopefully the running isn't the main cause, as I really enjoy that, but I've got a severe imbalance between the musculature of my legs, and my left knee clicks. For someone that plays a lot of basketball, I also can't jump that high for my height either. Current goal is to build strength in the legs, re-build my gait and running style, and see if I can get my body fat below 10% just for kicks. Totally doable considering my diet isn't as clean as it could be. That means no casual drinking during the week.

Weight control is no longer an issue. I'd read it a million times before, and can now attest to the fact that it's almost entirely driven by nutrition. Despite a few silly things, I've had a good handle on food for the last 6 months. Nutrition/weightless is no longer a concern and now all my efforts are focused on fitness and strength. I'm a bit of a geek, so a big chunk of my motivation is purely in the scientific curiosity of what my body is capable of, considering how much I've abused it with drugs, alcohol, and bad food.

I feel bad that at 30 years old, I have a fitness regime far beyond anything I ever had as a teenager or during uni and every day I think of what I could be capable of today if I'd made fitness a priority in my youth.

Better late than never.

Rezbit

I should play Dear Esther, but I'd probably hate it. Think I've got it from one of those indie bundles.

Either way don't give two shits about whether that game is on PC or not.

Dead Man

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-08-22/dempster-the-future-of-public-broadcasting/4902904

Within a year of the change of government in 1996, the ABC Board ordered the industrial 'execution' of 1,000 staff as the Howard government dishonoured its election commitment and cut $11 million to operational base funding immediately and $55 million for the triennium starting 97-98.

Instead of simply apologising that the cuts were necessary to staunch 'Beazley's black hole', as they called it, and that funding would be restored as the budget allowed, the government started a campaign of vilification of public broadcasters with the help of an intimidating and self-righteous Murdoch press.

To those of us suffering survivor guilt as we attended seemingly endless farewells for traumatised colleagues made to walk the redundancy plank, the cuts were ideological and punitive. The grief, distress, anguish and pain went on for years afterwards.

The so-called 'culture wars' which ensued escalated over the Howard years to the point in 2000 where a politically stacked ABC Board appointed Jonathan Shier as managing director.

It was during Shier's short and contentious term at the ABC wheel that a Senate committee report 'Above Board' for the first time carried recommendations that the UK 'Nolan rules' for merit selection be applied to ABC board appointments.

When you looked at the history of the ABC's relationship with government since it was fundamentally changed in 1983, with its conversion from being a 'commission' to a 'corporation', you could see the hostility. While the ABC Act gave the ABC Board statutory independence from government, the most explicit lever of government 'control' was funding. The other was the stacking of the board with political partisans.

Really good writeup on the last couple of decades of ABC funding and government changes.

jambo

12:31 AM - jambo: haha, I just randomly clicked on a song on the Triple JJJ Hottest 100 CD and it was "M.I.A. - Paper Planes"
12:32 AM - BananaArnie: come on they alrady called you out for triple jjj
12:32 AM - BananaArnie: did you get money from the atm machine to buy your triple jjj cd
12:33 AM - jambo: yeah
12:33 AM - AnkhWeasel: You never go atm.
12:33 AM - jambo: I entered my Personal PIN Number in to the Automatic ATM Machine
12:33 AM - jambo: and then bought the Triple JJJ Hottest 100 CD Disc
12:33 AM - BananaArnie disconnected.
12:33 AM - jambo: haha banana
12:33 AM - jambo: couldn't handle it
12:33 AM - AnkhWeasel: You blew his mind.
12:34 AM - jambo: may he RIP in Peace
12:34 AM - AnkhWeasel: lol out loud

Late night chat is fun.

Happy birthday death.

Got a bunch of biometric shit done - taken with a pinch of salt.

Bodyweight currently at 86.7 kg (down from my all-time personal best of 107 kg). Body fat percentage is at 10.6%.

Apparently I grew an inch since last time I got measured properly. Probably from the improved posture maybe. Hooray for me.

Oh and apparently I'm more flexible than expected for a tall guy - at 193cm, I can stretch my hands 16cm past my feet with locked knees. Hooray.

Having little interest in the chore of cardio when I started fitness training, improving my running was never a goal. For a long time, cardio consisted almost solely of a 5 minute warmup on the treadmill. This escalated and I now organise a running group that does a 5km run twice a week, at which I am consistently the fastest. Last week I ran 5km in 25 minutes. Today I ran it at just over 22 minutes. Fairly thrilled with that as strength training has been the goal for the last 6 months since losing a shitload of weight.

Hopefully the running isn't the main cause, as I really enjoy that, but I've got a severe imbalance between the musculature of my legs, and my left knee clicks. For someone that plays a lot of basketball, I also can't jump that high for my height either. Current goal is to build strength in the legs, re-build my gait and running style, and see if I can get my body fat below 10% just for kicks. Totally doable considering my diet isn't as clean as it could be. That means no casual drinking during the week.

Weight control is no longer an issue. I'd read it a million times before, and can now attest to the fact that it's almost entirely driven by nutrition. Despite a few silly things, I've had a good handle on food for the last 6 months. Nutrition/weightless is no longer a concern and now all my efforts are focused on fitness and strength. I'm a bit of a geek, so a big chunk of my motivation is purely in the scientific curiosity of what my body is capable of, considering how much I've abused it with drugs, alcohol, and bad food.

I feel bad that at 30 years old, I have a fitness regime far beyond anything I ever had as a teenager or during uni and every day I think of what I could be capable of today if I'd made fitness a priority in my youth.

Better late than never.

Nice work. 10 percent body fat is very decent, almost in 6 pack territory. I wish more people would realise diet is the main factor to weightloss, what did you cut out food wise?

As for the running, good work. I wish I liked running, I just find it so boring even with music.

Late night chat is fun.
1:03 AM - jambo: yeah
1:03 AM - AnkhWeasel: You never go atm.
1:04 AM - Your state is set to Offline.
1:04 AM - Lost connection to Steam, will rejoin chat automatically when connection regained.
1:06 AM - Connected again and rejoined chat.
1:06 AM - AnkhWeasel: wb back man
1:06 AM - BananaArnie: thanks barh
1:06 AM - jambo: couldn't handle my shit?
didnt even see that stuff

Omikron

With that salty PC gamer thread, must say I understand the reaction if you cite a historical perspective. Pre last gen, there were a ton of games that were looking interesting and coming to PC, then Sony and in particular MS started throwing money at devs to get exclusivity, leaving the PC an absolute wasteland.

Now I don't think this is going to be anywhere near the case this time around, but I do get the reaction.

On the other hand, it sounds like some of these devs were running out of money or at least had money troubles, so without Sony etc their games may not ever exist.

In those instances I'd prefer to see the game finished instead of abandoned, even if I never play it.

Omikron

On the other hand, it sounds like some of these devs were running out of money or at least had money troubles, so without Sony etc their games may not ever exist.

In those instances I'd prefer to see the game finished instead of abandoned, even if I never play it.

Yeah for sure.

Jintor

Motherfucking SRIV still not past preloading and because of all the Aussie release date bullshit news I can't get a handle on when the ROW release time is.

Shaneus

Motherfucking SRIV still not past preloading and because of all the Aussie release date bullshit news I can't get a handle on when the ROW release time is.
Where did you get it from? At least you got a key.

I guess this is a good deal? Direct from Sorny:
Get ready for PS4™ with an extra 90 days of PS Plus for free!

For a limited time only, we’re giving you an extra 90 days free when you buy a year’s membership to PlayStation Plus. That’s more time for gaming, completely free of charge.
And with all the benefits of PlayStation Plus coming soon to PS4, including immersive online multiplayer experiences at no extra cost, there’s never been a better time to be a Plus member.
Don’t miss out on this incredible offer. Buy a year’s membership and get 90 days extra free now!

PS. Did you buy the EA Humble Bundle thingy? Spend over $5ish? Good news! You now own these for both Origin and Steam:
6B7xRzV.png
UqNPtXW.png

Jintor

Where did you get it from? At least you got a key.

Not at liberty to discuss ==;;

But the account history says "ROW" so I assume it hasn't been converted to Aussie... hopefully. But I think the UK already unlocked so I don't know what the fuck's going on. Fucking geoblocking.

Oh... maybe I should renew my PS+ now again. Does PS+ time stack? I can't remember. I already hopped in on the 90 days last time...

Rahk

Not at liberty to discuss ==;;

But the account history says "ROW" so I assume it hasn't been converted to Aussie... hopefully. But I think the UK already unlocked so I don't know what the fuck's going on. Fucking geoblocking.
Pretty sure release date is based on IP and not key, so even though we have ROW keys it still won't unlock until September. It should still be the uncut version though.

With that salty PC gamer thread, must say I understand the reaction if you cite a historical perspective. Pre last gen, there were a ton of games that were looking interesting and coming to PC, then Sony and in particular MS started throwing money at devs to get exclusivity, leaving the PC an absolute wasteland.

Yeah the fear of repeat moneyhatting I can understand completely.

ALAN FUCKING WAKE

HA FUCKING LO

That shit tore me up.

In this case though it was just hilarious how salty people got. I was definitely disappointed that they had to change their plans but at the end of the day they went hat in hand to Sony and sought help to keep the project afloat.
They very well could have tried Kickstarter but we have no idea how that could have turned out. They have families to provide for, kids to keep clothed. I can understand seeing a concrete way to provide for them while still making the best game you possibly can. This way their vision for the game won't be restricted.

Still seems a PC version could happen down the track. Will probably depend on some kind of payback to Sony since they are funding it.

Kritz

Banned
Y'know, 1.5 or so years after finishing Storm of Swords, I decided to finally pick up Feast for Crows. I kinda like it so far. Even if the book is a bit slow, it's nice to get back into that universe again.

Games that go into Sony Jail never seem to get out. Microsoft Jail seems easy to escape.

Depends on the contract I guess. MS tend to hand over some cash for timed exclusivity while Sony gets involved with development and QA alongside fronting up cash.

Joe Danger was a recent one to make it out, that was Pub Fund though pretty sure rather than actual colab.

Say you're an indie.
You need financing.
Someone publishes it. Whether its sony, Ms, EA, Zynga, etc
They may buy the IP outright
They may fund development. This could mean that even if the developers want to self publish it on Steam, they still have to go negotiate with the original publisher, who may get a big cut from platforms they not actually publishing on.

And just to cloud the issue more, the contract on each game will be different. Unless its a page tacked onto the contract from the last game you made with publisher x with changes in biro.

But then again, only games in the NPD ever make money. And games should only score 1 or 10. Black and white. Kids (i dont mean ausgaf, you old fucks), meet something callled gray.

Im waiting for a delivery. Can you tell?

Jintor

Pretty sure release date is based on IP and not key, so even though we have ROW keys it still won't unlock until September. It should still be the uncut version though.

Whaaaaaaaaat

theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Top Bottom