• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

TV presenter Rolf Harris has been charged with nine counts of indecent assault and four of making indecent images of children, police have said.

Six offences relate to the indecent assault of a girl aged 15-16 between 1980 and 1981 and three relate to a girl aged 14 in 1986.

The indecent images of children were alleged to have been made last year.
Whelp that's that.

Shaneus

Look up 2 posts before yours.

Also sometimes at Aldi randomly, yes.
I had a brief look, but I didn't think I could control myself if they were listed. Did they also list the Dr. Pepper jellybeans? I'm still yet to try them.

PS. Thanks for the tip on the battery thing. Not sure of the capacity, but if it doesn't add too much bulk it can't be that bad.

<insert obligatory Jake the Peg joke here>

History will prove the Goodies as pioneers and heroes for their episode in which they hunt wild Rolfs.

Deeku

Mentioned this last week, heh

OB-YR773_rudd_G_20130828065908.jpg

http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/...te-rudd-dials-hong-kong-expats/?KEYWORDS=Rudd

Shaneus

I found the strangest person on the Steam community forums. Specifically, the one for Assault Android Cactus:
Dz9gN8s.png

WTF. Strangest thing I've ever read.

<insert obligatory Jake the Peg joke here>

History will prove the Goodies as pioneers and heroes for their episode in which they hunt wild Rolfs.
This is true. The Goodies remains to this day a god-tier TV comedy. It may age, but I'm surprised that it doesn't feel awkward or unfunny.

You. Bastard.

Don't ever look into Jimmy Savile, you don't deserve to read that shit :(
I remember watching the Louis Theroux episode with Jimmy Saville before all this blew up (maybe a year or two before he died, I think). Be curious to watch it now and see if there's anything that sticks out.

I remember watching the Louis Theroux episode with Jimmy Saville before all this blew up (maybe a year or two before he died, I think). Be curious to watch it now and see if there's anything that sticks out.

I remember he did one years and years ago when Saville was still capable of putting up his bullshit facade. Not sure I would be able to stomach it now.

Jintor

You know, I've played 10 hours of Bully and I just don't think it's worth me trying to get through the rest of it. I can see why it's fun and stuff but between the sound issues and the general design of the series it's just difficult to stick with anymore.

Would hella play a modern sequel though.

You know, I've played 10 hours of Bully and I just don't think it's worth me trying to get through the rest of it. I can see why it's fun and stuff but between the sound issues and the general design of the series it's just difficult to stick with anymore.

It really does hold onto that early GTA3 trilogy jank. Loved the game at the same time as hating it. Would love a sequel in the GTA5 engine.

Axiom

That Ganondorf is so damn nice.

Just thought I'd ask an eBay question to anyone here with experience with it.

I've never used the site all that much, but I bought some discontinued Black Milk leggings as a birthday present for my girlfriend and received the item promptly.
It was all fine, there was even some dairy milk chocolate in the package, but now I've been asked to cancel the transaction so they can avoid eBay fees.

It doesn't seem like a big deal, but I just wanted to mention it out loud just in case I'm walking into some kind of scam.

It's not a scam, but it is dishonest. Not sure why the seller would be asking to cancel the transaction for a pair of leggings. Even if you paid $50 for them, ebay fees will amount to less than $5.

This is true. The Goodies remains to this day a god-tier TV comedy. It may age, but I'm surprised that it doesn't feel awkward or unfunny.
If I'm remembering correctly, there are certain points in the series where there are some... socially and racially awkward moments. I think even in the Rolf episode I mentioned.

It was a product of it's time, certainly, and no worse than any other program made in England during the 60s-70s; which is to say it was fine then but definitely not now. Unless you include Love Thy Neighbour; now that's an inappropriate program no matter what lens you decide to view it through.

lexi

Banned
This guy better not get elected.

Mr Jaffrey said: "What were your reasons for not going to the community forum?''

Mr Diaz said: "I've answered that question.''

Mr Jaffrey said: "But I've only just asked you.''

Mr Diaz said: "I've answered.''

Mr Jaffrey said a minder then intervened, saying "we're not answering any more questions at this time.''

Mr Jaffrey said: "You haven't answered any.''

Mr Diaz said: "I'm here for families.''

r1chard

I've got a couple of them already. Still struggle to get into Crusader Kings.
That game scares me. Hours of youtube tutorials and Let's Plays and I still struggle with the complexity of it. You really do have to be extraordinarily keen to get into it and get anything out of it.

Borderlands has been fun co-op, even playing with someone across in Perth. I'm glad game devs are making co-op games :)

Rlan

Going through my Old Game Mags advert stuff, I stumbled on this:

tumblr_mqfzm31bDM1rkrwaco1_500.jpg

Which was for this:

australian_rules_football_04.gif
australian_rules_football_02.gif

Oddly, the ad was in an issue of UK's Computer & Video Games Magazine, which seems REALLY bizzare. Never knew it existed, just the NES "Aussie Rules Footy"

Shaneus

Wasn't a sequel confirmed a few years back and again only very recently?

Yup, you will get a steam key.
I... how did you get in here? Although if you haven't been made an honourary AusGAFfer yet, consider yourself one as of now ;)

If I'm remembering correctly, there are certain points in the series where there are some... socially and racially awkward moments. I think even in the Rolf episode I mentioned.

It was a product of it's time, certainly, and no worse than any other program made in England during the 60s-70s; which is to say it was fine then but definitely not now. Unless you include Love Thy Neighbour; now that's an inappropriate program no matter what lens you decide to view it through.
Very much so, but that's kind of one of the reasons I like it. Not because it's outwardly racist, but because they're so blase about the whole thing. I certainly don't glance over it, if anything it's a "How the hell did they get away with *that*?" thing. Which more often than not is so bad it leaves me gobsmacked.

Will try the European dark hot chocolate this morning. Gotta mix it up!
Racist.

Even though I may not play any of them, that's a goddamn bargain considering CK2 has usually only gone for $10+.

Even though I may not play any of them, that's a goddamn bargain considering CK2 has usually only gone for $10+.
Pretty much all the games there are $10-20 so it is a hell of a deal!

samsung-galaxy-tab-3-kids,E-L-398397-1.jpg

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Kids edition? WHERE'S THE CLAMSHELL? THEY'LL SCRATCH IT

Point of order: it's no different to any other tablet. Just marketed as FOR KIDS to stupid people. You can buy cases/covers/etc for tablets that appeal to kids already.
Off topic: the iPad is great in that you can lock all the buttons when you hand it to a kid.

In any case BUY A MASSIVE RUBBER CASE IF YOU ARE GOING TO HAND A KID A GIANT GLASS SCREEN FFS

On topic: The clamshell design of the DS/3DS is a unique buying point of the device when you are getting it for a child.

Lets move backwards! Not forwards! Why make improvements when you can just market your way to profit!

(please note all my discussion points have been in relation to giving a device to my 2 year old child ffs)

Gazunta

Last night I thought, what the hell, I'll take time for myself to actually sit down and play video games instead my usual routine of spending three or so hours hunched over a Wacom thingee drawing a comic.

Today I feel like hot garbage and can barely stand up straight. THANKS, VIDEO GAMES.

Assault Android Cactus is fanfuckingtastic

Here's a comic anyway.

took me way to long to see that the indy dev was dressed as indiana jones to make a pun thing.

at first i was like why is a 1930's reporter turning into a bearded wally

Entered PS Plus this month:
3 PS3 games, 4 Vita games

Assassin’s Creed 3 (inc pre-order DLC) for PS3
The Jak and Daxter Trilogy for PS3/Vita
Stealth Inc: A Clone In The Dark for PS3/Vita
Urban Trial Freestyle for Vita
New Little King’s Story for Vita

FREEEEEEEEEEE*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gazunta

Hot chocolate day saved thanks to the nice people at Brewnette Coffee Van who just opened up downstairs. PHEW.

I mean, there are like 14 coffee shops within walking distance from work but now I don't even have to walk more than 20 metres like A CHUMP.

Top Bottom