• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

That Ganondorf is so damn nice.

Just thought I'd ask an eBay question to anyone here with experience with it.

I've never used the site all that much, but I bought some discontinued Black Milk leggings as a birthday present for my girlfriend and received the item promptly.
It was all fine, there was even some dairy milk chocolate in the package, but now I've been asked to cancel the transaction so they can avoid eBay fees.

It doesn't seem like a big deal, but I just wanted to mention it out loud just in case I'm walking into some kind of scam.
don't you get a dishonour thing or a fine if you cancel it?
You know, I've played 10 hours of Bully and I just don't think it's worth me trying to get through the rest of it. I can see why it's fun and stuff but between the sound issues and the general design of the series it's just difficult to stick with anymore.

Would hella play a modern sequel though.
Yeah, I felt the same way. Didn't play nearly as long as you did though.
Noooooo, I won't believe it. Lalalalalalala.

senahorse

Fifa13 on vita is still 74 bucks digitally, i think the retail version wasn't even that high when it launched

Everybodys Golf is a steal at that price, great game.

Not only is the price absurd, the game fails in comparison to the console versions, I think it might even be a port of the phone version/s.

Not only is the price absurd, the game fails in comparison to the console versions, I think it might even be a port of the phone version/s.

its a roster update to the fifa that came at launch on vita which iirc was described as fifa 11.5 (based on fifa11 but not all the stuff that was in 12)

Pretty sure FIFA 14 Vita is just a livery change too :/

Yeah this is what is being said, so basically Fifa 14 for vita will be an updated version of 11

Hardware wise, but the pre loaded parental controls and kids software sounds good. Without knowing the price point, it's a bit early to call it stupid.

I would be shocked, SHOCKED, if the apps are exclusive to that device since it is running Android and pretty much all the features outlined in the article can be found already.

Handy if you don't want to look online for ideas for kids to use Tablets though I guess.

Dead Man

He will. The majority of Australians are morons. This election is making that point clearer than any other election I've been through. I don't say that because they will vote Lib, but because of why they will vote Lib.

That Ganondorf is so damn nice.

Just thought I'd ask an eBay question to anyone here with experience with it.

I've never used the site all that much, but I bought some discontinued Black Milk leggings as a birthday present for my girlfriend and received the item promptly.
It was all fine, there was even some dairy milk chocolate in the package, but now I've been asked to cancel the transaction so they can avoid eBay fees.

It doesn't seem like a big deal, but I just wanted to mention it out loud just in case I'm walking into some kind of scam.

No need to do it, and yeah, Ebay tends to take a dim view of it.

Fredescu

I would be shocked, SHOCKED, if the apps are exclusive to that device

Same. You'd hope they'd be integrated a little better and have a bit more consistency than if you just downloaded whatever crap from the store. My kid is a PC gamer though, so I don't have much experience with having to find stuff for Android.

Nice sunny day in Melbourne. Perfect day to sit at home and do absolutely nothing,

I'm the market for a washing machine, preferably a front loader. Budget set around $600-700. I'm looking at the most water and energy saving models in that price range. I have no experience with washing machines so not sure which brand to go for. Did a bit of research and it seems electrolux and its sister brands are a strict no-no. Bosch seems to be the best option, but their cheapest $699 model is sold out almost everywhere. Then I found a Samsung one that has good reviews.

Any recommendations? I'm looking to buy one that has efficient water and energy usage. Don't really care about the fancy wash programs.

r1chard

Nice sunny day in Melbourne. Perfect day to take a lovely run around The Tan :)

(good run today, legs complained a bit on Tuesday and gave me none of that grief today)

On the subject of washing machines, I've just checked the latest choice.com.au (bought a membership when starting out from scratch a few months ago - bloody useful) recommendations against what's available at Appliances Online. The machine I just bought is one of the top rated machines - a Samsung WF756UMSAWQ - and is $750. I've been very happy with it indeed (I am a single dad and I use the delay wash and the quick wash all the time). The recommended Bosch is the WAP24160AU which is more expensive I'm afraid. FWIW the current recommendations also include the Samsung WF1804WPC and LG WD12021D6 which should be cheaper than those, but AO doesn't have them. You might find them in other stores... The Samsung WF1752WPC does actually score quite well in the choice ratings - only a couple of points behind the top models actually.

ps. sorry for the multi-edits

Bought a 3 year old Miele front loader from a mate for $50 that he had sitting on his back lawn for a few months. He bought it off our mate for $200 a year before that, who had paid $800 or something and ended up taking a job in Sydney only a month after buying it lol

Yeah Westinghouse stuff is pretty average, we use those here.

180 Day One Edition has been up for sale at GAME UK all day, I wonder how well they are selling lol

Also lol Nintendo. This is your own fault. Get on the horn to every media outlet in the business.

My kid is a PC gamer though, so I don't have much experience with having to find stuff for Android.
Any recommendations? The boy spends a bit of time on ABC Kids playing the games and navigating the website by himself with ease.

He is more into running around using his imagination than playing games which is a great sign I guess.

(I am a single dad and I use the delay wash and the quick wash all the time). /QUOTE] Fuck yes. Love the Quick Wash. Never used anything but that!

You know what? I just don't feel like doing any more work today. Can anyone offer up something to distract me for the next hour and a half?

Fredescu

Any recommendations? The boy spends a bit of time on ABC Kids playing the games and navigating the website by himself with ease.

Yep, he likes ABC kids too. For some reason he loves the Shape Play and Footprints games in the Sesame St section: http://www.abc.net.au/abcforkids/games/show.htm?show=SESAME-STREET/

He played this and other games on the site a lot: http://www.primarygames.com/math/fishycount/

The Fisher Price website has some games that vary in quality from terrible to slightly less terrible: http://www.fisher-price.com/en_US/gamesandactivities/onlinegames/index.html

He likes the Duplo train game: http://duplo.lego.com/en-us/games/p...erstrain&icmp=COUSGamesGLDuploNumberTrainGame

The main thing he is into now though is jigsaw puzzles: http://www.jigsawplanet.com/. I just give him some of the ones with a smaller number of pieces (under 30) and he eventually figures it out.

But yeah, as you say, this isn't what he does all the time. There are a pile of books next to the PC and we absolutely cannot switch the PC on until all of those books are read (his rules, not mine). He probably plays on the PC for about 15 minutes a day. Has his own login now so he doesn't screw my profile up.

Any recommendations? I'm looking to buy one that has efficient water and energy usage. Don't really care about the fancy wash programs.

Electrolux. I've had one for over 7 years with no probs. My mum has an LG that's pretty good and a fair bit quieter than the Electrolux (which sounds like a pod-racer when it gets up to 1400rpm)

fancy wash programs are useful if you wash things other than jeans and t shirts. If you live with a woman, you're pretty much guaranteed to see those other settings used. "what's in this bag thing? Oh!" Also, washing a quilt on the same settings as your tshirts isn't a great idea unless your quilt is made of old nerd shirts with "all your base" and "wassup"

in short. Electrolux. You shouldn't need to buy whitegoods every two years so its not a terrible idea to splash out on a good one to last you 10 years.

Electrolux. I've had one for over 7 years with no probs. My mum has an LG that's pretty good and a fair bit quieter than the Electrolux (which sounds like a pod-racer when it gets up to 1400rpm)
Yeah, our Bosch does the same thing when it gets up to speed. Guess it's just something they all do. Though I have used one before which went to (IIRC) 1000rpm and it was quiet. Forget the brand. Really happy with it besides the noise during the spin cycle.

FWIW our previous one was a Samsung and I wasn't overly impressed with it. Felt really cheap. Was replaced a few years back, and was a low-end top loader. It did play a little song when it finished though, which was something.

fancy wash programs are useful if you wash things other than jeans and t shirts. If you live with a woman, you're pretty much guaranteed to see those other settings used. "what's in this bag thing? Oh!" Also, washing a quilt on the same settings as your tshirts isn't a great idea unless your quilt is made of old nerd shirts with "all your base" and "wassup"

in short. Electrolux. You shouldn't need to buy whitegoods every two years so its not a terrible idea to splash out on a good one to last you 10 years.

You know, I had shortlisted this Electrolux one. It was on special at the good guys too. I almost bought this last week, but I decided to do some research before jumping in. Electrolux has received some appalling reviews in the past 2-3 years. If you have a look, you will see that everyone has been complaining about machines breaking down either multiple times during warranty, or just after warranty period is over. Not to forget the terrible customer service. A problem with badly designed circuit boards or something like that.

Now I concur electrolux has been a good brand in the past, but after seeing negative reviews from each and every site, I'm not going to invest in it.

Now I concur electrolux has been a good brand in the past, but after seeing negative reviews from each and every site, I'm not going to invest in it.

fair enough. We were always careful to turn them off from the mains when we weren't using them, especially in storm season, etc. That and coins in pockets

While we're tangentially on topic- avoid Blanco. which unfortunately seems to be in every new home.

r1chard

You know, I had shortlisted this Electrolux one. It was on special at the good guys too. I almost bought this last week, but I decided to do some research before jumping in. Electrolux has received some appalling reviews in the past 2-3 years. If you have a look, you will see that everyone has been complaining about machines breaking down either multiple times during warranty, or just after warranty period is over. Not to forget the terrible customer service. A problem with badly designed circuit boards or something like that.

The Elecrtrolux 1074 came down in the list on choice too. Very high running costs and lack of features (like no water saving option, no woolens wash, no cold wash).

r1chard

Cool, will avoid in the future.

Richard, HN still has stock of the Bosch machine.

You reckon this is better than the Samsung one? It's $699 but pretty sure I can get it down to $650 from the store.
Can't help you I'm afraid, choice didn't review it. Looks like an older model, and they don't seem to allow access to reviews of older models :( Of the current Bosch models the only one likely to be in your price range is the WAP24261AU and it scored 77/100 (the top ones I mentioned before scored 82/100 so 77 isn't horrible).

lexi

Banned
Friend of mine was considering the 2DS as a cheap way to get the handheld, then realised games still cost $70

Fuck Nintendo.

jambo

Friend of mine was considering the 2DS as a cheap way to get the handheld, then realised games still cost $70

Fuck Nintendo.

Your friend needs to not buy games from EB.

Shin Tokyo in Adelaide has new 3DS games for $44.00 to $53.90 if you're a (free) member.

So I'll be making an American PSN account when I get my Vita (hurry up price drop), but it looks like the Euro PS+ caters more to my taste, at least looking at this month's games. What region have people here signed up to? I was thinking an American account would be the way to go, that way I'll be able to get both Vita and PS4 games at a better price. Thoughts?

Imgur Extension for Chrome is a piece of shit now. Any recommendations?

PHaaOQP.gif

For some reason that reminds me of this:
You'd think Pyne would be used to the taste of shit in his mouth the way he talks

So I'll be making an American PSN account when I get my Vita (hurry up price drop), but it looks like the Euro PS+ caters more to my taste, at least looking at this month's games. What region have people here signed up to? I was thinking an American account would be the way to go, that way I'll be able to get both Vita and PS4 games at a better price. Thoughts?

US PS+ offerings have been improving, especially for the Vita

EU Plus gets Assassins Creed 3.

US Plus does not get Assassins Creed 3.

Obviously, US is better.

Imgur Extension for Chrome is a piece of shit now. Any recommendations?

PHaaOQP.gif

You'd think Pyne would be used to the taste of shit in his mouth the way he talks

US PS+ offerings have been improving, especially for the Vita

EU Plus gets Assassins Creed 3.

US Plus does not get Assassins Creed 3.

Obviously, US is better.

Lol.

I'm specifically talking about the Vita offerings because even though I own a PS3, I don't play the consoles anymore. I'll go with a US account anyway, though I would have liked little king's story.

Shaneus

Last night I thought, what the hell, I'll take time for myself to actually sit down and play video games instead my usual routine of spending three or so hours hunched over a Wacom thingee drawing a comic.

Today I feel like hot garbage and can barely stand up straight. THANKS, VIDEO GAMES.

Assault Android Cactus is fanfuckingtastic

Here's a comic anyway.

I laughed. I wonder why no-one has even thought of using the "Indy" game developer thing before? Brilliant.
I love at the end how he turns into Where's Wally.

Goddam Sony and/or Atlus, it's time to drop the digital price of P4G, it's $28 at JB, yet you still have the price as $55...
I have a digital copy... on a Sony cartridge! Honestly don't play it, bores the shit out of me :/

Entered PS Plus this month:
3 PS3 games, 4 Vita games

Assassin’s Creed 3 (inc pre-order DLC) for PS3
The Jak and Daxter Trilogy for PS3/Vita
Stealth Inc: A Clone In The Dark for PS3/Vita
Urban Trial Freestyle for Vita
New Little King’s Story for Vita

FREEEEEEEEEEE*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shame they couldn't keep it's original name of Stealth Bastard
I'm talking about Stealth Inc., not AssCr3ed

Fifa13 on vita is still 74 bucks digitally, i think the retail version wasn't even that high when it launched

Everybodys Golf is a steal at that price, great game.
I've never played it. It's good, despite it'll be in crappy PSP resolution on my sexy Vita? (Fake edit: Wait, that's not a PSP game, it's a Vita-specific game? Nice.)
Anything else I should get? I like the look of Killzone and that Motorstorm game seems cheap. GT is tempting, but I think it was supposed to be arse on PSP.

I've never played it. It's good, despite it'll be in crappy PSP resolution on my sexy Vita? (Fake edit: Wait, that's not a PSP game, it's a Vita-specific game? Nice.)
Anything else I should get? I like the look of Killzone and that Motorstorm game seems cheap. GT is tempting, but I think it was supposed to be arse on PSP.

You've already got Lumines right? Honestly most of the Vita stuff I've played isn't really standout great other than Lumines and Everybody's Golf

I really liked NFS most wanted but there is no denying the console version is better.

Last night I thought, what the hell, I'll take time for myself to actually sit down and play video games instead my usual routine of spending three or so hours hunched over a Wacom thingee drawing a comic.

Today I feel like hot garbage and can barely stand up straight. THANKS, VIDEO GAMES.

Assault Android Cactus is fanfuckingtastic

Here's a comic anyway.

Beards are great.

Shaneus

WOW Killzone Liberation is already 7 years old.

That is mindblowing to me.

Game is pretty awesome.
Is that the game I'm thinking of? Or is there another Killzone that has that same kinda view (that's reminiscent of the Lara Croft Guardian of Light game or whatever).

You've already got Lumines right? Honestly most of the Vita stuff I've played isn't really standout great other than Lumines and Everybody's Golf
That's enough to sell it for me. If you like Lumines then you have good taste :) I queued the demo up, but I might just get the whole thing anyway. Was it ever a retail game, or is it strictly digital?

Top Bottom