• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

This is the game you are thinking of

mum1lkI.jpg

It's 4am so have some Emilie Autumn,

Also Wonderful 101 is fuckin' radicool and if you've ever enjoyed a Hideki Kamiya game you owe it to yourself to play it. Except for Resident Evil 2, I guess. There's not much of that in there.

Shitty Ben 10 game is free on XBLA, pricing error probably.

These are the free games next month for Gold members.

"Magic: The Gathering 2013" ($9.99 ERP) – Available between Sept. 1 and 15
"Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Vegas" ($19.99 ERP) – Available between Sept. 16 and 30

The old Magic and the old as fuck R6 Vegas. Eh. Could be worse. Magic isn't that old I guess.
Also Vegas has been like $3 at retail for years now.

Bernbaum

Playing Saints Row the Third as SRIV is the hot topic and I want $2.50 value or whatever I paid for it.

First SR game I've played, and probably the first straight-up GTA clone I've ever touched. People are right in their assessment of it as 'all the fun of GTA distilled into concentrated form without any of the fluff'.

Very fun straight from the outset. Plenty to do. I made the right choice playing this now before SRIV as a lot of folk are calling that an 'expansion' to SRIII. Will pick up SRIV when the overseas version is inevitably easier to procure (and cheaply).

Shaneus

Play SR2. Preferably on 360. It's like a cool B-grade action movie with just the right amount of cliches and none of the intense labouring of themes/jokes in SR3.

If you've seen The Big Hit, I liken it to that in that it's kinda serious, but just goofy/cheesy enough.

Dead Man

Play SR2. Preferably on 360. It's like a cool B-grade action movie with just the right amount of cliches and none of the intense labouring of themes/jokes in SR3.

If you've seen The Big Hit, I liken it to that in that it's kinda serious, but just goofy/cheesy enough.

SR2 was the one I preferred from a customisation, dialogue, Shaundi, and world design point of view, but SR3 is better in every other way. Still waiting for a SR4 :(

Shaneus

SR2 was the one I preferred from a customisation, dialogue, Shaundi, and world design point of view, but SR3 is better in every other way. Still waiting for a SR4 :(
Pretty much all I gave a shit about in SR2, to be honest. What they did with Shaundi and the storyline with just enough outrageous bullshit in it to be stupid put me off it. I mean, SR2 had the best scene in it
with that monster truck driver gangster guy and not realising until afterwards that you'd put his girlfriend in one of the cars he crushes... just badarse
and there's nothing in SR3 I've seen so far that hit's that level of cool.

Got dang, PAX. I thought MS were going big there? I remember reading a livestream schedule that had basically zero Sony stuff in there.

MS
Phil Spencer said:
People see a box that has the gaming stuff, a great lineup of games, and a commitment from us that great games will continue to come.

Sony
Adam Boyes said:
More indie games doesn't mean less big budget games; it means more games period. If anything, having a healthy selection of indie games on a platform actually increases the likelihood that people will buy the system which in turn increases the likelihood that big game companies will support that platform with blockbuster games.

Also I basically sold a PS4 to my father-in-law with this trailer.

Hype train is starting to gather steam properly now!

Kritz

Banned
Really enjoyed Saints Row 3. Look forward to seeing what 4 is like after seeing all the Kritz screenshots.

Shit, the shots I upload are just me playing dress up.

Sr4 has so much cool shit in its main mission branch. Just nonstop bonkers set pieces.

But the secondary missions are almost entirely poo poo.

Danoss

With people buying and talking about the Humble Weekly Sale, I thought I might share the tabletop RPG equivalent as it nears its final 12 hours.

The current Bundle of Holding contains 5 pieces of fiction and a copy of Never Unprepared which is a guide to session prep for GMs for a price you set.

Beat the average and get Playing at the World which is a detailed history of roleplaying, particularly Dungeons & Dragons, from the precursive wargames to the late 1970s; Jon Peterson put much time and research into this book and it is worth the price of entry alone. The other bonus is Tour de Lovecraft in which the masterful Kenneth Hite takes you through all the tales penned by H.P. Lovecraft.

A bloody great deal if this interests you. I jumped on it mainly for the 2 bonus books above when Never Unprepared was originally a bonus, but they shifted it with the rest of the non-bonus books. I already owned a copy of Never Unprepared in print as well a the various digital formats, so if there's anyone who doesn't want to pay the minimum of $5 and would still like to take my copy of this, please let me know and it'll be yours.

Rlan

It's amazing how much Microsoft have fudged up their indie support over the last year. Every awesome indie game (on the PC side) seems to be coming to PS4 / Vita with few also coming to Xbox 360 or One, while this year's Summer of Arcade has had Flashback and Ninja Turtles, in which both have a Metacritic of 50 and 40.

They had it right with Brothers at least, which currently is the second best rated Xbox 360 game of the year, behind Bioshock Infinite.

I love that bundles have come to tons of mediums now. I remember reading through some of the stuff from the last roleplaying bundle you linked Danoss and it was really well written and engrossing stuff. Will grab these to add to my stockpile!

They had it right with Brothers at least, which currently is the second best rated Xbox 360 game of the year, behind Bioshock Infinite.

And with the joys of timed exclusivity of a 'of Arcade' promotion it's out next week on Steam/PS3!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Shaneus, Have you had a chance to play with RP 2.0? Figured you might have gotten an early chance since you've donated a few times.

Rayman: More Friends Than a Barrel of Hedgehogs (alternate title: Legend of the Dog Faced Rayman) is pretty cool too. Buy it if you like fun things and would like to see them keep being made instead of falling down the back of Ubisoft's sofa like Beyond Good & Evil. Or wait until it hits the bargain bin and buy it then, that seems to have worked out okay last time.

Jintor

Phone has reached the point where you put it down on a desk and it resets itself.

Nexus 4 shipped on Friday. Hopefully it gets delivered on Monday, but Tuesday is more likely, given my luck.

At least I finished my tax law assessment task early.

Shaneus

Shaneus, Have you had a chance to play with RP 2.0? Figured you might have gotten an early chance since you've donated a few times.
The fuck? It's out?!?

I had no idea. I haven't been to Guru3D for about a week now.

BRB.

Edit: You said that like it was announced people had it already. There's zero mention of it anywhere that some people might have it.

I hate you.
Also I basically sold a PS4 to my father-in-law with this trailer.

Hype train is starting to gather steam properly now!
Man, Orko has really taken a turn, hasn't he?

Bernbaum

At this point, it's looking like an investment in Star Citizen + Oculus Rift means I'll never have to buy any other games or hardware ever again, ever.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The fuck? It's out?!?

I had no idea. I haven't been to Guru3D for about a week now.

BRB.

Edit: You said that like it was announced people had it already. There's zero mention of it anywhere that some people might have it.

I hate you

I thought he had hinted to a few people asking for PMs and stuff, Figured some of those who had donated would have gotten access already.

He did put up a blog post about what 2.0 is and that it's coming at some stage. Was hoping he had actually given it to some of his more devoted donators. Guess not D:

Shaneus

I thought he had hinted to a few people asking for PMs and stuff, Figured some of those who had donated would have gotten access already.

He did put up a blog post about what 2.0 is and that it's coming at some stage. Was hoping he had actually given it to some of his more devoted donators. Guess not D:
Didn't notice anything about any PMs. And I don't have anything in my inbox there, so I guess if he was organising something via that system, it wasn't from him being pro-active. I'll have another look at the thread, see what I can find.

PS. Killer is Dead is out? Why the fuck did no-one tell me? You all suck.

trinest

PS. Killer is Dead is out? Why the fuck did no-one tell me? You all suck.

It's a cool game but the button mashing sections killed the games progress for me so I stopped playing. (I don't think it recongises presses well/my controller probably warn) so its stopped my progress and pissed me off.

But until then I liked it.

Shaneus

It's like, FIVE MINUTES.
Fuck you, man. I'm still pissed they didn't put checkpoints in Gone Home.

HE GOT LOST TRYING TO TRIPLE BUFFER AND SUPER SAMPLE THE CIGARETTE SMOKE ALRIGHT GIVE HIM A BREAK WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES
All I want is that game on PC. But last time I tried playing it through it was on PS3, with that shitty, shitty controller.

Yes, I'll blame the controller.

But I have it on 360 too, so nyer.

Not now though, can't be arsed. Time for some AAC, methinks.

Top Bottom