• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

It looks like he's playing that game where if you look at the ring he's making with his fingers, he gets to hit you.
lol, I never understood the point of that game. Was there some innuendo I never got?

Wow. Just got fucking wrecked on what I thought was an easy assignment. Jesus christ.

Ack, I hate that :( better luck next time. At least it's early on in the semester so it can't have been worth too much yeah?

I also have not finished the Vanquish.
Finishing games is for suckers. I mean I did finish Sleepy Dogs recently but besides that I'm having trouble recalling the last game I finished.

:'(

Jintor

actually that's the funny thing. This class has no class mark so there's only 3 assessable things this entire year and I already fucked up the easiest one of it :T

actually that's the funny thing. This class has no class mark so there's only 3 assessable things this entire year and I already fucked up the easiest one of it :T

D: I hope it doesn't bring your gpa down too much.

Otherwise, today is the cut off for enrollment cancellations iirc :p You have two minutes to save your gpa!

Jintor

I don't really care about my GPA, my law GPA is fucked beyond repair (that is to say 'being any good for placements')

But I need to pass the unit so I can apply for JET next semester or I'll have to delay it another fucking year

Danoss

I love that bundles have come to tons of mediums now. I remember reading through some of the stuff from the last roleplaying bundle you linked Danoss and it was really well written and engrossing stuff. Will grab these to add to my stockpile!

I can't recall what was contained within the last bundle I mentioned, but I'm glad you got some enjoyment out of it.

I just made a coffee to get through until my 3am finish, and all we had left was some shitty African mocha instant stuff. It is completely undrinkable and I managed to spill it all over the microwave :/

I don't really care about my GPA, my law GPA is fucked beyond repair (that is to say 'being any good for placements')

But I need to pass the unit so I can apply for JET next semester or I'll have to delay it another fucking year

Damn it Jint, you gotta pass this subject if it's the last thing you do!

Deeku

I just made a coffee to get through until my 3am finish, and all we had left was some shitty African mocha instant stuff. It is completely undrinkable and I managed to spill it all over the microwave :/

Damn it Jint, you gotta pass this subject if it's the last thing you do!
did you end up getting that Japan exchange thing? or is it still tba or something

and yeah go get that jet jint!

did you end up getting that Japan exchange thing? or is it still tba or something

and yeah go get that jet jint!

Yup yup. Definitely going to Kobe Uni. I'm looking to doing an internship afterwards too, but that depends on whether or not I get a scholarship. Are you still gonna be around HK next year?

GUYZ

i need a new avatar.

had this one for 1.5 years.

GO.

06_kick_duke-pg-horizontal.jpg

Deeku

Yup yup. Definitely going to Kobe Uni. I'm looking to doing an internship afterwards too, but that depends on whether or not I get a scholarship. Are you still gonna be around HK next year?
oh wow awesome, congrats! will be amazing no doubt

yep, gonna be here for a long while I reckon/hope.

Kritz

Banned
oh god, played board games from 5pm til almost 5am. Wish I would have gotten there earlier.

Munchkin Zombies, Carcassonne, King of Tokyo, Cards Against Humanity and then an amazingly long game of BSG with expansions.

We (humans) got so close to winning but got hit by two people revealing cylon one after the other and practically destroying our population to a position we couldn't recover from.

Munchkin Zombies started off fun but it devolved into this terrible 3 hour game where nobody was really paying attention to the game just kinda grinding on. Was seriously like 10-20 minutes for a full loop of the players. I was stuck on level 2 due to getting absolute garbage draws and zero monsters to fight, while two other players just started this cooperating feedback loop putting them up to level 8 extremely quickly. But somehow the game still took foooreeeever.

Was hoping to get in some Peuto Rico too but we had too many people and we didn't want to cut anyone out.

But, fun night. Any night with drinking and friends and board games is well worth whatever hassles happen within.

Oh god I have so much work to catch up on for uni. :(

I'm awake and reading VICE party articles and watching the videos too if I come across them. I swear I am either really tired or they are some of the funniest things I have read in ages. This one is particularly funny, but a teensy bit nsfw: http://www.vice.com/read/a-big-night-out-in-vip-moscow

This is a pearler:
If I told you there was a place on Earth where a member of Powerman 5000 can be caught seducing high-heeled women who literally coo in his presence while he's showing them some iguanas on a sofa covered in silvery tin foil, you'd think I was jerking your chain. Well, here's the fucking proof, doubting Thomas.

Clipper

We (humans) got so close to winning but got hit by two people revealing cylon one after the other and practically destroying our population to a position we couldn't recover from.
Yeah, timely Cylon reveals can be a huge setback. Were you playing with the Cylon Fleet Board (the extra set of areas for Cylon ships to gather)?

Munchkin Zombies started off fun but it devolved into this terrible 3 hour game where nobody was really paying attention to the game just kinda grinding on. Was seriously like 10-20 minutes for a full loop of the players. I was stuck on level 2 due to getting absolute garbage draws and zero monsters to fight, while two other players just started this cooperating feedback loop putting them up to level 8 extremely quickly. But somehow the game still took foooreeeever.
When you mentioned it, I meant to warn you that the game can take a very long time with 6. It's sometimes best to use the Faster Play Rules (you draw a free face-down Door at the very start of your turn and draw a Treasure instead of a Door when Looting the Room) when playing with that many players. Sorry about that...

Was hoping to get in some Peuto Rico too but we had too many people and we didn't want to cut anyone out.

But, fun night. Any night with drinking and friends and board games is well worth whatever hassles happen within.

Oh god I have so much work to catch up on for uni. :(
Yeah, 6 is a tricky number for board gaming. It's great that you had a good time, though.

Apparently it's hard to navigate TV menus in the US and the Xbone TV guide is a big deal? They watch fuckloads of TV, would have thought that would have been sorted by now.

Also lol Sony ribbing

Also lol MS salty as fuck

8.8/10

5U7AhKP.png

YOURE WELCOME
10/10

Haha I knew when I came in here this morning you would have posted this deal. :)

There is no way they are honouring that deal, right?
Probably honor 100 or so, look to be running out the old model cheap. Otherwise not sure why they put the product page up, it has been superseded after all.

Probably end up with $5 coupons all round.

DjRoomba

Banned
Hey guys, is there an MLG equivalent for Australia. Im talkin call of duty competing for casheesh. Does mlg itself offer tournaments for Australians?

Shaneus

markot

Banned
Fathers day is a hallmark invention to sell more cards. Stop being suckers.

Celebrating Fathers day is like asking Tony Abbooot to be president.

I never thought if be this ashamed to be associated with Australia. From the Front page of Daily Tele from Sat.

"Assylum seekers will be denied free government advice on lodging claims and launching appeals under a controversial Coalition plan to end taxpayer-funded support for boat arrivals".

Dead Man

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/aug/30/sydney-university-strike

On Saturday, thousands of Year 12 students and their parents will visit Sydney University for Open Day, one of the many such exercises around the country. A full brace of marketing techniques will be deployed to convince would-be “clients” to choose Sydney’s “brand” over those of its “competitors”.

This year, however, will be different. At Sydney, the 2013 Open Day falls during the most intense industrial dispute on any Australian campus for generations. Visitors will be greeted by National Tertiary Education Union picket lines. Staff will distribute stickers and balloons highlighting the importance of decent pay and conditions for quality education, and ask students to join them over a barbecue to hear how degrading staff conditions will harm their studies.

The dispute at the university was triggered by management’s proposed enterprise agreement, the contract that governs work conditions at the university. Management wanted to strip away numerous clauses, including – incredibly – an explicit commitment to intellectual freedom and anti-discriminatory employment practices. It also sought to degrade pay, conditions and sick leave. My students this year have now lost six days of class to strikes.
Education as a business is such a fucked up model to be using.
I never thought if be this ashamed to be associated with Australia. From the Front page of Daily Tele from Sat.

"Assylum seekers will be denied free government advice on lodging claims and launching appeals under a controversial Coalition plan to end taxpayer-funded support for boat arrivals".

Yeah, I posted it over in the election thread, it is one of the scummiest actions I have seen.

Jintor

It's disgusting. Sickening. It's the mark of a party who has no respect for human rights or the role of the government in protecting the fundamental rights and freedoms of individuals. A fundamental abrogation of the rule of law without actually putting anything into legislation that the High Court can strike down.

Shaneus

It's disgusting. Sickening. It's the mark of a party who has no respect for human rights or the role of the government in protecting the fundamental rights and freedoms of individuals. A fundamental abrogation of the rule of law without actually putting anything into legislation that the High Court can strike down.
You're talking about the Coalition's NBN plans, yeah?

Iceblade

Where would be the best place for me to pre-order a PS4 and have even a slight chance at getting it launch day at this point? EB and JB are saying that it'll be weeks, if not until 2014 to get a hold of one at this point. Which is crazy.

I'm wondering whether or not the Dick Smiths, Big Ws, Kmart and Targets would be worth giving a go... any tips?

Where would be the best place for me to pre-order a PS4 and have even a slight chance at getting it launch day at this point? EB and JB are saying that it'll be weeks, if not until 2014 to get a hold of one at this point. Which is crazy.

I'm wondering whether or not the Dick Smiths, Big Ws, Kmart and Targets would be worth giving a go... any tips?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EW6QT76/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Not sure if they are still shipping to us though.

go to dick smith and get a step down converter.

if you're really lucky the PS4 will have universal power and you might only need a plug adaptor.

Shaneus

Honestly, there's no way it's going to be impossible to get one on launch. Despite places like EB and JB selling out of preorders or whatever, there'll be stacks of others like K-Mart, Target, Big W and Myer (do they still sell consoles?) that won't have loads of preorders (if any) because people don't think of them immediately when they think "video games". Even Harvey Norman you should be able to walk in and get one from. They may even have a pre-order bonus that's different/better than the game-only stores (and JB), because when I picked up my 360 on launch I managed to get a Xbox 360 backpack (which I used for PAX!) and PGR3 faceplate (because I bought it with PGR3) which I don't think they did at any other stores. But I'm pretty sure they'll be taking launch-day preorders though, even if they might not open at midnight (but I suspect some will).

go to dick smith and get a step down converter.

if you're really lucky the PS4 will have universal power and you might only need a plug adaptor.
I think most people are banking on that, I think the PS3 and PS2 both were universal. At least, I'm sure the PS3 was.

I'm awake and reading VICE party articles and watching the videos too if I come across them. I swear I am either really tired or they are some of the funniest things I have read in ages. This one is particularly funny, but a teensy bit nsfw: http://www.vice.com/read/a-big-night-out-in-vip-moscow

This is a pearler:
Vice can sometimes be good, but sometimes be a bit much. I tend to think of them as a bit of a "Ripley's Believe It or Not" but for the (more) modern era.

PS. I only know Powerman 5000 from THPS2 as the guys who did the song before Millencolin's No Cigar came on :/

Edit: Huh:
The name Millencolin is derived from the skateboard trick "melancholy".

Edit #2: Fuck, now I'm listening to 90's skater punk shit. Fuck you, Megadrive.

Iceblade

Honestly, there's no way it's going to be impossible to get one on launch. Despite places like EB and JB selling out of preorders or whatever, there'll be stacks of others like K-Mart, Target, Big W and Myer (do they still sell consoles?) that won't have loads of preorders (if any) because people don't think of them immediately when they think "video games". Even Harvey Norman you should be able to walk in and get one from. They may even have a pre-order bonus that's different/better than the game-only stores (and JB), because when I picked up my 360 on launch I managed to get a Xbox 360 backpack (which I used for PAX!) and PGR3 faceplate (because I bought it with PGR3) which I don't think they did at any other stores. But I'm pretty sure they'll be taking launch-day preorders though, even if they might not open at midnight (but I suspect some will).

This is what I'm hoping for. Honestly it's pretty crazy to imagine all the stock coming to Australia being taken up by pre-orders alone. I'll have to try those big retailers.

Top Bottom