• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

go to dick smith and get a step down converter.

if you're really lucky the PS4 will have universal power and you might only need a plug adaptor.

It's universal. You don't need a transformer.

Where would be the best place for me to pre-order a PS4 and have even a slight chance at getting it launch day at this point? EB and JB are saying that it'll be weeks, if not until 2014 to get a hold of one at this point. Which is crazy.

I'm wondering whether or not the Dick Smiths, Big Ws, Kmart and Targets would be worth giving a go... any tips?

You could try via SONY directly. They are still taking pre-orders.

Vice can sometimes be good, but sometimes be a bit much. I tend to think of them as a bit of a "Ripley's Believe It or Not" but for the (more) modern era.

PS. I only know Powerman 5000 from THPS2 as the guys who did the song before Millencolin's No Cigar came on :/

Edit: Huh:

Edit #2: Fuck, now I'm listening to 90's skater punk shit. Fuck you, Megadrive.

:D Powerman 5000 were ok, but only one or two songs imo. Millencollin I have not listened to. All of those songs/bands you linked are fantastic, with blink being the weakest. :p Unwritten Law are fantastic though.

F.I.G.H.T.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uac3pa8DfDo
Cailin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaRW0EKqCuA
Teenage Suicide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfVEF4w-SLo

Sum41, MxPx, NOFX, Blink, Rise Against. Hng. I wish I cared about skateboarding + punk back in the mid 90s. Would've been incredible. I also would probably be a stoner and not the standup gentlemen you see today.

Fuck we have to vote next week.

I don't mind the actual act of voting so much since I live in a tiny pisshole of a place where it's a half minute's walk to the school, with no line to get in and git 'er done. There and home in a matter of minutes. It's the result I'm not so keen on.

Iceblade

You could try via SONY directly. They are still taking pre-orders.

From the side box:

Stock may be limited at launch. Pre-order does not guarantee fulfillment from the first shipment however does secure your place in the queue for available units at launch time.

Thanks for your reply, though. I think I'll go scout the big general retailers this week.

Bernbaum

:D Powerman 5000 were ok, but only one or two songs imo. Millencollin I have not listened to. All of those songs/bands you linked are fantastic, with blink being the weakest. :p Unwritten Law are fantastic though.

F.I.G.H.T.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uac3pa8DfDo
Cailin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaRW0EKqCuA
Teenage Suicide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfVEF4w-SLo

Sum41, MxPx, NOFX, Blink, Rise Against. Hng. I wish I cared about skateboarding + punk back in the mid 90s. Would've been incredible. I also would probably be a stoner and not the standup gentlemen you see today.

Rise Against are still incredible right now.

Rise Against are still incredible right now.

Absolutely. Love Rise Against. If you like Rise Against, you should check out Off With Their Heads: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3xsfcG0nV8 Sorta similar sound and vocals.

edit: I just checked Nevuum again and they've removed SR4 with no explanation. I have an open PayPal despute with them but they didn't respond to it and now I don't knwo what to do and I feel like I've wasted $30.

When there are so many games coming out, you have to try and find the cheapest prices in order to afford them. Surely you must understand tha... oh... um... maybe one day?

senahorse

GF made me this cake yesterday. It is so rich, there is no way I am getting rhrough even half of it :/

cake_zps807c8537.jpg~original

Gazunta

Morning all. I made another Indy Game Developer comic.

The majority of the weekend was spent in a hotel consuming way too many hors d'oeuvres, sweets and glasses of booze while overlooking the Brisbane river, drawing comics and posting dumb junk on Twitter. It's a good way to spend the weekend, I recommend it.

The majority of the weekend was spent in a hotel consuming way too many hors d'oeuvres, sweets and glasses of booze while overlooking the Brisbane river, drawing comics and posting dumb junk on Twitter. It's a good way to spend the weekend, I recommend it.
Why aren't they pronounced "whores dovers" or spelt "orderves"? It'd be so much easier.

Free regular drink and chips from Nandos Northbank. Is that the one opposite Beer Deluxe?

Absolutely. Love Rise Against. If you like Rise Against, you should check out Off With Their Heads: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3xsfcG0nV8 Sorta similar sound and vocals.

edit: I just checked Nevuum again and they've removed SR4 with no explanation. I have an open PayPal despute with them but they didn't respond to it and now I don't knwo what to do and I feel like I've wasted $30.
Love Off With Their Heads, are they a NZ band? There is a similar sounding band to them from NZ.

Also quickest result for Nuuvum refund is/was email them. Most were processed within a day, even got a broken English apology for the mess.

Onto a winning idea here Gaz, keep it up!

Love Off With Their Heads, are they a NZ band? There is a similar sounding band to them from NZ.

Also quickest result for Nuuvum refund is/was email them. Most were processed within a day, even got a broken English apology for the mess.

I just googled and holy shit, they are Kiwi! Nice! They're touring with Against Me! currently I think. They're great, their stuff is hard to find though.

I will have to email Nevuum. I was going to wait it out and just get a key when it comes out in Aus, but they've removed it from my games, so I'm gonna have to take action!

edit: apparently nuuvem waited me out and the paypal despute had closed automatically. great.

Jintor

Aww yis Nexus 4 arrived.

But google fucking contacts apparently hasn't been syncing for the last... oh... year or so. So I'll have to enter my contacts in manually.

Wunderbar.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I will have to email Nevuum. I was going to wait it out and just get a key when it comes out in Aus, but they've removed it from my games, so I'm gonna have to take action!

edit: apparently nuuvem waited me out and the paypal despute had closed automatically. great.

just email support and request that you be refunded since the game has changed region and has been removed from your account.

It's what myself and others did without any issues.

Aww yis Nexus 4 arrived.

But google fucking contacts apparently hasn't been syncing for the last... oh... year or so. So I'll have to enter my contacts in manually.

Wunderbar.
What size SIM does it use? I'm going to assume it uses a smaller-than-standard-size. Is it easy to get a new SIM? Does one need to go anywhere special in order to procure one?

Aww yis Nexus 4 arrived.

Wunderbar.

There are apps that let you copy your contacts from one phone to another. You can also upload all your contacts on your old phone to Google drive, then download then to the new one.

What size SIM does it use? I'm going to assume it uses a smaller-than-standard-size. Is it easy to get a new SIM? Does one need to go anywhere special in order to procure one?

Micro sim. Just tell your provider you require one, they will post it to you or you can pick it up from a store.

Jintor

Uses MicroSIM.

I was going to order a new one, but then instead I just cut up my old SIM according to a templete and shoved it in there. Works fine. (At least, it's detecting the network)

There are apps that let you copy your contacts from one phone to another. You can also upload all your contacts on your old phone to Google drive, then download then to the new one.

O rly? Sweet. I'll look into that after uni.

Kritz

Banned
I'm in the market for a new tabletop game. Sell me on BSG.

It's a game about yelling at everyone else with baseless accusations and watching as your entire world crumbles around you, as people who worked alongside you reveal that they were slowly sabotaging you the whole time.

There's also a board game somewhere, too.

Jintor

Yeah and nothing works out you can always transfer contacts from your old phone to a pc, then to the N4.

Know any apps? I just tried two - one (NQ Sync) refuses to actually backup anything to a server, and Rainbow Apps with the bluetooth sync looks promising but immediately crashes the second it establishes a bluetooth connection.
/edit nevermind, i just did it manually.

Dead Man

Played so much Crusader Kings II over the weekend and still not sure what I'm doing. Time to watch some videos I guess.

The first is $3.06 on Steam right now. If you haven't played that maybe you could try that one? I have played neither, FWIW.
Skipping them, it's not like I don't have enough in the backlog anyway. They will be on sale again.

Top Bottom