• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

jambo

Love TOS and TNG. Like DS9 and Enterprise. Hate Voyager

I grew up on TNG so TOS is a little bit too archaic for me, like most of the first season of TNG. I do rather like DSN, but I never got Enterprise. Voyager was a great idea, but went to shit pretty quickly, especially in regards to the Borg.

The first season-and-a-half--maybe first two seasons--of TOS is fantastic and definitely worth a watch if you're a sci-fi fan. Yeah some of it's ideas are a bit old, but it's still a pretty good show, and I've never been a massive Trek fan.

I remember seeing TNG episodes late night as a kid and thinking it was some kind of educational channel with how slow and plodding it was compared to shit like Home & Away.

So seeing First Contact made me think I was watching a R18 re-enactment of a bloody war or something.

:/

Xbox Live sale kinda!

Castlevania SotN for $2.50
Blacklight: Tango Down for $2.50
Swarm for $2.50
Quarrel for $2.50
Mercury Hg for $2.50
Hard Corps: Uprising for $3.75
Castlevania HD for $3.75
Rocket Knight for $3.75
Rayman 3 HD for $5
Awesomenauts for $5
Perfect Dark HD for $5
Scott Pilgrim Vs The World for $5
Sacred Citadel for $7.50
Monaco for $7.50
I Am Alive for $7.50
Dungeon Defenders for $7.50
From Dust for $7.50

Danoss

The new Bundle of Holding is now avaliable! Plenty of indie RPG greatness to be had this time around, it's a stunning bundle and the average price is ridiculously low for what's included.

All 3 bonuses were recently launched on Kickstarter to great success. Sorcerer is actually one of the games that really got the indie RPG scene going, which is a big deal, and the included PDF is the new 'Annotated' version.

I actually picked up Annalise and Sorcerer just last month, so I already have those and if anyone who isn't going to jump on this bundle would like a copy of either, please let me know. There haven't been any takers for any of the previous game PDFs I've had spare, so don't be shy. I also set up Sorcerer as a print version on Lulu for my own personal use (had to do a bit of work on it to make it compatible, but it was worth it) and can arrange access to it for anyone who has the PDF and would like a hard copy.

XtSnctS.jpg

Ccg?

So they sold me the PS Vita + Killzone bundle at Dick Smith, even though it was flagged as released on the 4th. So I'm going to set this up now with an American PSN account and grab a ps+ from Amazon. Does Amazon give me the code right away?

Hey Deathjr, did Fishpond end up sending your copy?

So they sold me the PS Vita + Killzone bundle at Dick Smith, even though it was flagged as released on the 4th. So I'm going to set this up now with an American PSN account and grab a ps+ from Amazon. Does Amazon give me the code right away?

Yes to Amazon code. Should get an extra 3 months free right?

teekun

Amazon codes are fantastic for PSN. Get them as soon as you check out, and they email it to you as well. I haven't had a lick of trouble since I figured out they don't need your billing address to match the card.

Not yet, their shipping date is 6th September.

Are you using a US account for psn plus? The 90 days bonus is only for EU and AU.

Only for EU/AU. US accounts don't receive the 90 day bonus.

Amazon codes are fantastic for PSN. Get them as soon as you check out, and they email it to you as well. I haven't had a lick of trouble since I figured out they don't need your billing address to match the card.

Not yet, their shipping date is 6th September.

Are you using a US account for psn plus? The 90 days bonus is only for EU and AU.

Only for EU/AU. US accounts don't receive the 90 day bonus.

Yeah I'll be getting a US code, I'd rather set it up for both my Vita & PS4, unfortunately that 3 months free isn't including the US.

I'll get it from Amazon if its that quick.

No worries Death, I'll keep Killzone for you incase it doesn't pan out.

jambo

Just recall Episode 1. And Episode 2. And Episode 3. And the Episode 4/5/6 BluRays.

There's been a rumour going around for a while now that Disney and Fox have struck a deal to release the theatrical cuts of the original trilogy on Blu-ray.

Straight in to my veins!

-Star Wars on Betamax
-Original Trilogy pan and scan on VHS
-Original Trilogy Widescreen on VHS
-Special Ed Original Trilogy on DVD
-Special Ed Original Trilogy on DVD with laserdisc non anamorphic versions of theatrical cut
-6 movie set on Blu Ray

what are the odds I would purchase the theatrical versions of Star Wars again?
higher than a 747 at maximum altitude

though, if you wanna be technical, the theatrical version of the first movie isn't called A New Hope. That's how I first saw it.

senahorse

Define poetic justice:

"A JAILED rapist now faces an agonising wait to find out if he has caught HIV from his victim.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/world-news/jailed-rapist-may-have-caught-hiv-from-his-victim/story-fndir2ev-1226709747680#ixzz2dnjhYGHn"

There's been a rumour going around for a while now that Disney and Fox have struck a deal to release the theatrical cuts of the original trilogy on Blu-ray.

Straight in to my veins!
Would buy day fucking one and force my son to watch it. I'll trick the wife with a spa getaway voucher and demand my son to silence about the viewing of adventurous violence with the threat of forcing him to watch the prequels.

Hi all, I bought Rome Total War 2 from ozgameshop and was wondering when they will email the code to me?
Are they normally pretty fast for steam code purchases?
I've ordered physical media through them before and they would take a couple weeks to arrive
Thanks

They're usually pretty prompt with emailing codes. Just factor in the the time difference as they are based in the UK and that this may cause some delays. If you have any concerns, feel free to tweet them, as they reply to any addressed to them.

So AirAsia are having a pretty great sale at the moment (finishes today) and my wife and I are looking to go to Kuala Lumpur in late October. Anyone been, thoughts?

Jintor

So AirAsia are having a pretty great sale at the moment (finishes today) and my wife and I are looking to go to Kuala Lumpur in late October. Anyone been, thoughts?

Roadside food can be amazing or it can give you food poisoning.

Singapore is like KL but way cleaner and weirdly more souless.

It's fucking tropical and hot as hell.

Don't get mugged.

Watch out for the tidal waves! Ay Chihuahua!

Roadside food can be amazing or it can give you food poisoning.

Singapore is like KL but way cleaner and weirdly more souless.

It's fucking tropical and hot as hell.

Don't get mugged.

What the hell, we just booked it... ;)

It's only for 4 nights, just a little something to celebrate our first year of marriage. Came to $1100 including airfares and amazing hotel. So excited.

I'm eating roadside food ;)

4th (tomorrow) actually, just pre-ordered it on PSN and it says it will be out tomorrow. I went with the bonus weapon rather than 48hours of XP boost.

Yeah my bad, 6th is the day fishpond expect to post out my order.

I went there 13 years ago and mostly enjoyed the Genting highlands theme park at that time. There were some caves that have heaps of steps for you to climb, that was fun too. Apart from that, I just remember checking out the twin towers, the petronas tower and a mosque that was special for some reason. Also, I've heard that Malaysian KFC is darn good.

Jintor

What the hell, we just booked it... ;)

It's only for 4 nights, just a little something to celebrate our first year of marriage. Came to $1100 including airfares and amazing hotel. So excited.

I'm eating roadside food ;)

In order of liklihood of amazing:

1) Cha kway teow
2) Coconut
3) Durian
4) Everything else

Seriously though it's all good. I actually haven't been to KL proper in years since my family lives all out near Taman Seputeh and up near Bukit Mont Kiara. Or up near the Selangor border.

Yeah my bad, 6th is the day fishpond expect to post out my order.

I went there 13 years ago and mostly enjoyed the Genting highlands theme park at that time. There were some caves that have heaps of steps for you to climb, that was fun too. Apart from that, I just remember checking out the twin towers, the petronas tower and a mosque that was special for some reason. Also, I've heard that Malaysian KFC is darn good.

In order of liklihood of amazing:

1) Cha kway teow
2) Coconut
3) Durian
4) Everything else

Seriously though it's all good. I actually haven't been to KL proper in years since my family lives all out near Taman Seputeh and up near Bukit Mont Kiara. Or up near the Selangor border.

Place smells like a drain.

The food is super cheap and tastes good.

Thanks everyone, noted. ;)

markot

Banned
St Kilda midfielder Clinton Jones apologises to the dwarf entertainer he set on fire during 'Mad Monday'. St Kilda midfielder Clinton Jones apologises to the dwarf entertainer he set on fire during 'Mad Monday'. St Kilda midfielder Clinton Jones apologises to the dwarf entertainer he set on fire during 'Mad Monday'. St Kilda midfielder Clinton Jones apologises to the dwarf entertainer he set on fire during 'Mad Monday'. St Kilda midfielder Clinton Jones apologises to the dwarf entertainer he set on fire during 'Mad Monday'. St Kilda midfielder Clinton Jones apologises to the dwarf entertainer he set on fire during 'Mad Monday'. St Kilda midfielder Clinton Jones apologises to the dwarf entertainer he set on fire during 'Mad Monday'. St Kilda midfielder Clinton Jones apologises to the dwarf entertainer he set on fire during 'Mad Monday'. St Kilda midfielder Clinton Jones apologises to the dwarf entertainer he set on fire during 'Mad Monday'. St Kilda midfielder Clinton Jones apologises to the dwarf entertainer he set on fire during 'Mad Monday'. St Kilda midfielder Clinton Jones apologises to the dwarf entertainer he set on fire during 'Mad Monday'. St Kilda midfielder Clinton Jones apologises to the dwarf entertainer he set on fire during 'Mad Monday'.
St Kilda midfielder Clinton Jones apologises to the dwarf entertainer he set on fire during 'Mad Monday'.

AFL. PURE CLASS.

Xbox Live sale kinda!

Grabbed Hard Corps Uprising, thinking about getting Castlevania: Harmony of Despair. I know it's a co-op loot game so I wouldn't really get the most out of it, but for a few bucks I could probably squeeze some fun out of it.

I actually picked up Annalise and Sorcerer just last month, so I already have those and if anyone who isn't going to jump on this bundle would like a copy of either, please let me know. There haven't been any takers for any of the previous game PDFs I've had spare, so don't be shy. I also set up Sorcerer as a print version on Lulu for my own personal use (had to do a bit of work on it to make it compatible, but it was worth it) and can arrange access to it for anyone who has the PDF and would like a hard copy.

I was actually kinda interested in looking through Annalise but I'd probably never have anyone to actually play with so I didn't bother grabbing the bundle. I wouldn't mind taking it if nobody that's going to get actual use out of it wants it.

Shaneus

I remember seeing TNG episodes late night as a kid and thinking it was some kind of educational channel with how slow and plodding it was compared to shit like Home & Away.

So seeing First Contact made me think I was watching a R18 re-enactment of a bloody war or something.

:/

Xbox Live sale kinda!

Castlevania SotN for $2.50
Blacklight: Tango Down for $2.50
Swarm for $2.50
Quarrel for $2.50
Mercury Hg for $2.50
Hard Corps: Uprising for $3.75
Castlevania HD for $3.75
Rocket Knight for $3.75
Rayman 3 HD for $5
Awesomenauts for $5
Perfect Dark HD for $5
Scott Pilgrim Vs The World for $5
Sacred Citadel for $7.50
Monaco for $7.50
I Am Alive for $7.50
Dungeon Defenders for $7.50
From Dust for $7.50
Any idea if the Rocket Knight remake is any good, tiger?

Top Bottom