• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Any idea if the Rocket Knight remake is any good, tiger?

My memory of its reception was that it was pretty tepid, but looking it up the primary complaint seems to have been length-to-price ratio, which isn't really an issue here. I remember the demo being okay, might be worth a punt.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
A family member has toured with them, I hung out for a bit before one of their gigs, they are a bit... wanky.

ye :( now they are.

they were good kids back in 99.
(unless you met them back then! then lol!)

but still theirmusic.. so much better then than now :(

Went to an Eskimo Joe show in Melbourne for their Red Wine album or whatever the hell the one was where they went all mainstream. Kept yelling Sweater at the stage and the cunts didn't play it. Shittest gig I ever went to.

Was it Megadrive talking about Unwritten Law? They are amazeballs. Had such a great run back in the day with the punk-pop stuff. Just god tier through Oz Factor, Self Titled & Elva. Near perfect albums.

Anthemic hard rock with Seein' Red
Rock out with your cock out pop punk Up All Night
Cruisey laid back skate punk Lonesome
Straight up speeding punk stream of consciousness Teenage Suicide
Loving ripoff of Bad Religion's style almost completely on Tell Me Why (that album was produced by 2 of the BR guys too lol)
The pop sensibilities layered into the slow burn Before I Go
Bombastic back and forth jam of Rescue Me

Too bad Scott Russo went off the deep end so bad. That 5 year gap leading up to Elva was worrying and everything fell apart after that. Still enjoyed Heres To The Mourning though, despite its issues.

Tomorrow on old people music theatre: Thrice!

Any idea if the Rocket Knight remake is any good, tiger?
NFI TBH KTHNXBYE

Look at THIS shit over on the Gaming side

Misleading thread title? Check.
Cherry picked quoting? Check.
No attempt to rectify OP to avoid continued confusion? Check.
Half the posters not bothering to read the link article?
didnt-read-lol-gif-7.gif

Check.

This is the kind of shit that makes people outside GAF think we are fucking morons throwing shit at the computer screen, I bet Pachter is laughing his arse off >_<

cant wait for the election to be over so there will be less politics talk lol.

also, how did eskimo joe go so wrong

from this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1qEJCw8PZw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6NXUESOXig

to the shit they put out now :(
From boys
eskimo_joe_300x400.jpg

To emo men
eskimo_joe_465x288_250809.jpg

See also: Silverchair

Danoss

I was actually kinda interested in looking through Annalise but I'd probably never have anyone to actually play with so I didn't bother grabbing the bundle. I wouldn't mind taking it if nobody that's going to get actual use out of it wants it.

Sure thing mate, sorry about the late reply. Will send the link to the file via PM shortly.

Was it Megadrive talking about Unwritten Law? They are amazeballs. Had such a great run back in the day with the punk-pop stuff. Just god tier through Oz Factor, Self Titled & Elva. Near perfect albums.

No Blue Room? I like that old raw sound.

Elva was the last worthwhile listen they produced. I think Scott just hit the drugs way too hard and that pretty much ruined it. I believe he's also partly responsible for introducing Phil Jamieson to ice which he became heavily addicted to and Grinspoon became unlistenable soon after. Two bands I quite liked were ruined as a result, a real shame.

Jintor

Hoo boy.

If that works out, it could be... a partial gamechanger?

I dunno. They'd have to killer app the shit out of that thing. And then they'd have to do it in such a way that a homebrew Oculus developer doesn't rip it out and provide it for free on PCs first.

Danoss

I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but Penny Arcade reopens the "dickwolves" controversy.

Yesterday, during the closing stages of PAX, Penny Arcade's convention in Seattle, Krahulik told a panel that he thought "that pulling the dickwolves merchandise was a mistake," to cheers from the audience. Robert Khoo, the company's President of Business Development, who was acting as chair for the discussion and had been behind the decision to stop selling in the first place, agreed, saying that doing so was "a way of engaging", which they now try not to do "in these type of things".

I thought the whole thing was blown out of proportion initially. It has to be accepted that no matter what you do, someone is likely to be offended and I'll agree with the sentiment that 'nobody has the right to not be offended'. The problem was, and continues to be, the response to people bringing it to their attention. They clearly have not learned anything. How hard is it to button your lip on these things? This thing had run its course and then he resurrects it from the dead to remind people that he and PA as a whole does not give a shit.

"Rape victim or transgendered? Come to PAX where we'll rub salt in those wounds" should be their tagline if this is how they choose to continue.

They cannot claim to be inclusive while espousing this rubbish. Fullbright already wanted nothing to do with PAX after the transgender debacle, and who can blame them? People who make rad things in my preferred form of gaming are clearly pissed about it, and rightly so. A number of tabletop RPGs (namely the indie scene) make a great effort to address and include all walks of life, because everyone should be able to enjoy themselves and game safely and comfortably with others (Games on Demand at GenCon and PAX will go to great lengths to do so and demonstrate the very definition of inclusive). A convention of like-minded people should be the perfect place for this to happen and it clearly isn't because one of the owners feels he should spread the product of his willful ignorance for all to see and hear.

I remember the PATV episode they made on drugs which dealt with anxiety, depression and the like. That seems completely disingenuous now. If anyone should understand the harm that can be caused, something that is intentionally being done, it's these guys. As a person whose depression and anxiety gets really damn bad without medication, I cannot have any respect for them anymore. To ignore the pain of another person, a patron of your show and a pain you can sympathise with, and to intentionally inflict it upon them knowing what it does, makes you an abhorrent human being.

It is linked to in the above article, but it was written elsewhere that Penny Arcade needs to fix it's Krahulik problem. It seems the only solution is for him to either shut down all forms of communication visible outside of the PA offices or it needs to be filtered by someone responsible.

Sorry for carrying on about it, I started to write a brief comment and it got a little out of hand.

Anthemic hard rock with Seein' Red
Rock out with your cock out pop punk Up All Night
Cruisey laid back skate punk Lonesome
Straight up speeding punk stream of consciousness Teenage Suicide
Loving ripoff of Bad Religion's style almost completely on Tell Me Why (that album was produced by 2 of the BR guys too lol)
The pop sensibilities layered into the slow burn Before I Go
Bombastic back and forth jam of Rescue Me

Too bad Scott Russo went off the deep end so bad. That 5 year gap leading up to Elva was worrying and everything fell apart after that. Still enjoyed Heres To The Mourning though, despite its issues.

Tomorrow on old people music theatre: Thrice!

I agree completely with you 100% about UW and Russo. He was pretty insane live when I saw them in like.. 2009 or maybe 2010, I don't remember with Closure In Moscow supporting and a band that is now becoming popular but they are probably the shittest band I've ever seen live, Masketta Fall.

Thrice! Still listen to and love Thrice. :D before their experimentation, though I have yet to give that another go, it's been like 3 years since I wrote it all off. D:

edit: Easy A has Emma Stone and is sorta quotable. but Mean Girls is probably the most quoted teen movie ever if you were born in the range of 1988-1996 (its also really fucking funny in a smart way). Tiny Fey wrote the script and performs in it.

Good morning all, I DID ANOTHER INDY GAMING COMIC, SOMEONE STOP ME

Hilarious.

I went home early yesterday with a heavy ache in my bones. I thought it was because of a lack if sleep, but I still feel that way this morning after a full night's sleep. I think I'm coming down with something, but I literally have no other symptoms, so I feel a bit silly going home. I've only been at work an hour though and I already just want to go home.

Ugh. Another 8 hours of this crap.

Jintor

I'm in agreement with Danoss.

I met Krahulik and Holkins briefly at PAX this year. I only really felt comfortable talking to Mike about his art. The whole dickwolves things just... poisons the air around everything PA for me at this point.

It fucking sucks, too, because I think Jerry's writing is astounding. And the original strip, itself, is actually a joke about how games trivialise rape and murder and other heavy subjects. But they just keep going... they just keep going.

Gazunta

Jerry told me I had to enter Strip Search if they do another one.

That moment was the best part of the entire PAX Australia
and the year

here's my brain log after reading that strip.

processsing...
scanning for political correctness...
scanning for funny....
scanning for political correctness overriding potential funny...
potential error....women in only 25% of panels...alert...alert...
type in defence...
"It's okay, it's not sexist."
non-malicious humour override...
+25 for pop-culture juxtaposition...
Indie/Indiana Jones geddit?...
Buy Blow The Cartridge book...
(inspired by Alexei Sayle)

Is there perhaps a Blow the Cartidge book or series of books that are for sale in some format and could you provide the links so that I and others like me can purchase your works?

Hey DK64 soundtrack is out now.

http://grantkirkhope.bandcamp.com/

10/10 Danoss spot on. I still really like and defend the original comic but Gabe has just fucked everything beyond repair in the response to criticism. They need to take a leaf out of the Dragons Crown nook of 'how to deal with conflicting opinions'.

Also great work Gaz. My 10/10 has already been used for the day though sadly.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So it feels like a blood vessel or something has popped in the right side of my head near my temple.

Could be a nerve as well or something that's kinda gone boom, But it sure as hell was something odd!

Fun times ahead.

Stackboy

I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but Penny Arcade reopens the "dickwolves" controversy.

I thought the whole thing was blown out of proportion initially. It has to be accepted that no matter what you do, someone is likely to be offended and I'll agree with the sentiment that 'nobody has the right to not be offended'. The problem was, and continues to be, the response to people bringing it to their attention. They clearly have not learned anything. How hard is it to button your lip on these things? This thing had run its course and then he resurrects it from the dead to remind people that he and PA as a whole does not give a shit.

"Rape victim or transgendered? Come to PAX where we'll rub salt in those wounds" should be their tagline if this is how they choose to continue.

They cannot claim to be inclusive while espousing this rubbish. Fullbright already wanted nothing to do with PAX after the transgender debacle, and who can blame them? People who make rad things in my preferred form of gaming are clearly pissed about it, and rightly so. A number of tabletop RPGs (namely the indie scene) make a great effort to address and include all walks of life, because everyone should be able to enjoy themselves and game safely and comfortably with others (Games on Demand at GenCon and PAX will go to great lengths to do so and demonstrate the very definition of inclusive). A convention of like-minded people should be the perfect place for this to happen and it clearly isn't because one of the owners feels he should spread the product of his willful ignorance for all to see and hear.

I remember the PATV episode they made on drugs which dealt with anxiety, depression and the like. That seems completely disingenuous now. If anyone should understand the harm that can be caused, something that is intentionally being done, it's these guys. As a person whose depression and anxiety gets really damn bad without medication, I cannot have any respect for them anymore. To ignore the pain of another person, a patron of your show and a pain you can sympathise with, and to intentionally inflict it upon them knowing what it does, makes you an abhorrent human being.

It is linked to in the above article, but it was written elsewhere that Penny Arcade needs to fix it's Krahulik problem. It seems the only solution is for him to either shut down all forms of communication visible outside of the PA offices or it needs to be filtered by someone responsible.

Sorry for carrying on about it, I started to write a brief comment and it got a little out of hand.

Between this and the transgender issue that was brought up recently, I've been really soured by PA in general. I've travelled twice to Boston for PAX East and now I'm done with their conventions.

Jintor

Got a spare five hundo Shaenus?

MELBOURNE, VIC - Sep 3, 2013 - Infinity Amusements today have launched their IndieGoGo Pre-Order Campaign. Pre-Orders will be available over the next 34 days with an exclusive $500 off and a limited number available before Christmas

These cabinets are called the Infinity Pinball Entertainment System and will be available in either full-size or two third scale and optional custom artwork. They will feature Microsoft Windows 8 and support virtual pinball games such as Zen Studios - Pinball FX2 or Farsight Studios - Pinball Arcade. In total there will be hundreds if not thousands of virtual pinball tables to enjoy all in a realistic and authentic way. More importantly, there will be thousands of apps to enjoy along with the support of current and next-gen consoles.

Our goal is to provide our customers the most authentic digital pinball experience possible.

"It's amazing to see the support and positive feedback I have seen so far from the video games community and general public. It seems that now is the time for pinball to make a comeback in a digital world. I'm sure that this will be of interest to those that not only grew up with pinball but also those that had never seen one before." - stated Mark Libman, Co-Founder of Infinity Amusements.

The Pinball industry is about to take that next step in evolution. These cabinets will allow customers to enjoy their favourites tables that they grew up with in digital form along with new creative designs from developers and fans that are physically impossible with a mechanical unit.

IndieGoGo - www.igg.me/at/InfinityPinball

Quasar

Shopping around for a cheap vita.

ebgames selling for 200$. But the 3g ones apparently locked to vodaphone. Is this some kind of ebgames thing? or are all aussie vitas locked to vodaphone?

Dead Man

Don't apologise, good post. I wasn't aware of the most of the details of the dickwolves thing, but they are proving themselves to be utterly useless at not being fuckwits.

Hah :)
So it feels like a blood vessel or something has popped in the right side of my head near my temple.

Could be a nerve as well or something that's kinda gone boom, But it sure as hell was something odd!

Fun times ahead.
Yeah, Doctor, now.

jambo

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/communityday

http://twitch.tv/gearboxsoftware

Pre-order the Community Day 2013 Digital Bonus Pack today at twitch.tv/gearboxsoftware to receive exclusive access to the HD stream, Borderlands 2 SHiFT codes to unlock special in-game Community Day 2013 heads and skins, future access to a closed beta for an unannounced Gearbox Software title* plus a free game download of Homeworld HD and Homeworld Classic**!

Sweeeeet, Homeworld HD at last. Plus beta, possibly new IP.

Top Bottom