• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

I wish I had a monitor that accepted HDMI input. Goddamnit. I'd just put the PS3 in my room.

Just get a vga adapter.

I had used it for almost 5 years, worked like a charm.

This way you can play your PS4 anywhere in the world as long as you have a decent wifi or mobile internet connection with the Vita. This time both pieces of hardware could be designed with this in mind.

Doesn't the PS4 need to be switched on simultaneously?

Jintor

What would I use if I wanted to use my 2.1/a possible new 5.1 with my PC or with my PS3 depending on what is on?

Or maybe I should just go get some wireless headphones

Deeku

yeah need to catch up too, i watched a couple of the first half season and kinda forgot about it:/

also, i dun really wanna click that spoiler...but, futurama finale?? so is it finished forever or something?

markot

Banned
The last few eps were good of futurama.

While I wasnt a fan of it coming back, and the movies were awful... There have been some gems in the shitpile.

Danoss

With just over 30 hours to go, the current Bundle of Holding has 10 games included in the average price of $13 and some change. Don't feel like paying that? The minimum price is only $3 and still gives you 7 of those games. All are DRM-free.

This is their most popular bundle yet and for very good reason. Sorcerer really started the indie RPG movement, the copy included is the updated and annotated version and the PDF for that one alone is $25 if bought outside of this bundle. Another of the games that has been recently added is 3:16: Carnage Amongst the Stars is considered by a number of people to be one of the best RPGs ever made. Don't miss out if this type of gaming is your bag.

swOatxm.jpg

markot

Banned
Microsoft is such a terribly run company they make Microsoft look like Microsoft.

12 more months till Ballmer bails too, he is a cancer on the ass of all of microsofts malfeasence.

Man, I should really catch up on watching breaking bad. Watching more than a couple at a time though starts to get really depressing. It's a good show, I'm just not sure if it's enjoyable.

Prototype 2 on 360 for $15 posted

AFL Live 2 on 360/PS3 is $55 at Target if you want to grab that for some morbid reason

They also have Rayman Legends for $40 on 360/PS3/WiiU BOMBA

Alpha Protocol, Condemned Criminal Origins, Aliens vs Predator (2010) & Binary Domain steamkeys for $9.60 from GMG with code GMG20-8MUTY-M21VN

Prototype 2 on 360 for $15 posted

AFL Live 2 on 360/PS3 is $55 at Target if you want to grab that for some morbid reason

They also have Rayman Legends for $40 on 360/PS3/WiiU BOMBA

Alpha Protocol, Condemned Criminal Origins, Aliens vs Predator (2010) & Binary Domain steamkeys for $9.60 from GMG with code GMG20-8MUTY-M21VN

I would play this on PC for super cheap
(free)
but definitely would never pick it up on console.

jambo

I'm in a bad mood for some reason.

Maybe you sensed this?

http://www.zdnet.com/turnbull-may-tap-switkowski-for-nbn-7000020443/

Former Telstra boss Ziggy Switkowski is well qualified to head NBN Co, incoming minister Malcolm Turnbull says. But no appointment can be made until the new government is sworn in, he said.

"Ziggy Switkowski is obviously one of our most distinguished business leaders," Turnbull told ABC radio on Tuesday.

"He would be very well qualified to be chairman of the NBN Co."

In July, after NBN Co chief executive Mike Quigley quit, Turnbull hinted that he may sack board members from the organisation responsible for the National Broadband Network (NBN).

The company is currently led by board chair Siobhan McKenna.

However, Turnbull said on Tuesday that he couldn't comment now on any particular board appointments.

"Any such decisions will be taken by a new government after it is sworn in," he said.

"That's likely to happen early next week."

-__-

Clipper

This is your fucking fault Australia.
Liberals & Labor fucking suck but why would you ever let this **** into a position of power?

Well, it's only New South Wales' fault, really; although I don't really blame people for confusing the Liberal Democrats column for the Liberals & Nationals column. It was fun watching people's eyes glaze over as I handed them their Senate papers on Saturday, although that mostly faded to relief when it was made clear that they only needed to fill in a '1' and that's it, unless they wanted to fill in all 110 boxes below the line instead.

It's a pity that the above guy's party has such a confusing name, along with being on the left of the ballot, though. It sounds like we might have quite a few nutters when these guys take their Senate seats next year. It sort of makes the Double Dissolution concept a lot more palatable...

Edit: I guess the other good thing about getting guys like this is that Abbott may be forced into legislating a change to the method of voting for the Senate. Optional preferential voting seems to be the best option, like the system used in the NSW Legislative Council, although it will impact dramatically on the smaller parties as they will find it much harder to be elected.

Jintor

Why would they bother, too? Abbott can only DD if a bill is rejected twice by the senate with a 3 month break in between. Since Parliament is probably convening in October or so, that's Feb or March (factoring consultation process for the House of Reps etc). New Senate comes in on July and looks workable for at least repealing the Carbon/Mining taxes for the LNP. Zero point destabilising the Senate again before the new guys come in.

Why would they bother, too? Abbott can only DD if a bill is rejected twice by the senate with a 3 month break in between. Since Parliament is probably convening in October or so, that's Feb or March (factoring consultation process for the House of Reps etc). New Senate comes in on July and looks workable for at least repealing the Carbon/Mining taxes for the LNP. Zero point destabilising the Senate again before the new guys come in.

They'll make a lot of noise, try to bully the ALP in backing down and then they will just wait till next July. Without a change in senate voting system, a DD election is only likely to cause more havoc not less.

Anyway, I think it's pretty much a given that the GG probably won't allow one until the new senate gets a chance to consider it. All talk, no action, the LNP mantra.

Deeku

too quiet...

that thread was a really good idea, but i guess now that the election is over you guys could bring it back in here a bit? a little politics from time to time aint so bad!

also i did go vote on election day. big turnout which was expected i think. some flyer hander outerer guy told me to have a horrible day lol. the consulate had a really nice view.

Clipper

I think nutters in the senate makes a DD much less likely.

I wasn't meaning that it would make it more or less likely. By making it more palatable, I mean that people won't be as pissed if it ends up happening. Of course, there will be plenty of pissed people if one does happen, but if it means we can chuck out some of the crazies that got in due to preference deals and luck of the draw, then it's a good thing... Well, assuming the system changes so that we don't risk getting even more crazies as a result...

And yeah, while I only just learned it was a real thing, the separate thread has probably run its course with the election being over.

I'm sure soon enough the novelty of the election will wear off and people will get back to discussing the important issues like video/board/card games.

Top Bottom