• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Jintor

Caveat emptor goes both ways*

*not really. But piracy is piracy, whereas this is like if you found something priced at a cent in a store.

Dead Man

Yeah, illegal was the wrong word. It still feels kind of dishonest. Was it an error, or was it supposed to be free for people in some regions?

Yeah, it is dishonest, but I can't bring myself to care too much. Large company x misprices a few things, meh. If I get a price error in my favour at the store I don't always tell them, depends on the store. A small shop? Of course. Woolworths? Nah.

Unless the money lost is coming out of the devs and not MS, then I would probably care. But MS would be utter dicks to do that, right? Oh...

Edit: What the fuck QLD?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-09-10/lawyers-fear-new-police-powers-for-brisbane-cairns-g20/4949138
New measures to maintain law and order during the G20 summits in Queensland next year have lawyers concerned people will be locked away in prison without bail.

The G20 Safety and Security Bill, now before State Parliament, would allow police to arrest and detain anyone deemed a threat without giving them bail for at least the week of the summit.

Police would be able to search people on the spot and publicly broadcast the names and photos of people listed "prohibited" from the city.

Peter Shields from the Queensland Law Society says the proposed changes are drastic and a breach of basic rights.

"It is a bill which has not been properly thought through, and there are going to be innocent members of the public who will find themselves in custody," he said.

Criminal lawyer Bill Potts says for the period of the summit, the normal rights that citizens expect will be "suspended and abrogated in the most draconian way".

"The legislation for example makes it an offence to be in possession of prohibited items," he said.

"That can include eggs, cans of baked beans, model cars, model aircraft and all sorts of things which may be used as projectiles even though they have a simple and ordinary use."

As well as obvious weapons, many other items are prohibited in the secure zone including glass bottles or jars, reptiles, metal cans or tins, hand tools, handcuffs, surf-skis or surfboards and banners bigger than 1m x 2m.

Police will also be allowed to publish the names and photographs of anyone they decide should be prohibited from entering the secured inner-city zone.

At Toronto's G20 riots in 2010, more than 1,000 people were arrested.

Mr Potts says south-east Queensland's watchhouses cannot handle even half of that.

"We have a small watchhouse in Brisbane. We don't have sufficient resources," he said.

"So I've got no idea, nor does the (Law) Society, where the Government intends to house those persons who are remanded in custody."

The Law Society and Queensland Police Service will hand their submissions to the committee this week.

In a statement, committee chairman Ian Berry says "the committee has yet to give the bill any detailed consideration and the committee has not formed any views on the bill, as yet."

The bill is due for debate by the end of October.

The powers could come into effect in Cairns from the third week of next February.

Tens of thousands of homes and businesses in Brisbane will be enclosed inside the security perimeter during mid-November next year.

Yeah, it is dishonest, but I can't bring myself to care too much. Large company x misprices a few things, meh. If I get a price error in my favour at the store I don't always tell them, depends on the store. A small shop? Of course. Woolworths? Nah.

Unless the money lost is coming out of the devs and not MS, then I would probably care. But MS would be utter dicks to do that, right? Oh...

I'm mostly just confused about it being okay to share on gaf.

Dead Man

On the plus side it had the word draconian in there which I guessed would be there. Seriously a week without bail is insane. Also he has a point about the watch houses etc not being able to handle it.

Am I reading these parts correctly?

"The legislation for example makes it an offence to be in possession of prohibited items," he said.

"That can include eggs, cans of baked beans, model cars, model aircraft and all sorts of things which may be used as projectiles even though they have a simple and ordinary use."

Police will also be allowed to publish the names and photographs of anyone they decide should be prohibited from entering the secured inner-city zone
but
Tens of thousands of homes and businesses in Brisbane will be enclosed inside the security perimeter during mid-November next year.

Does that mean that somebody going home with the shopping to their city apartment will be able to be thrown in jail?

I don't understand... Pirating games is bad, but for some reason this is okay? It's still illegally obtaining a free game.

Explain.

EDIT: Oh, you didn't edit sorry.

It isn't illegal. It's free on a store anyone can access. It's likely that it isn't meant for anyone but there hasn't been any news of that being the case.
Basically it is up there for free.

Dead Man

So, fuck Deep Silver. Can I say it now? Stupid buggy piece of shit. I can't go 10 minutes without it locking up, I can't even get through a fucking mission without a lock up. Sometimes I can quote the damn game, other times I have to turn off the console. Fucking shit. Should have left it in the oven for another 3 months. First Saints Row game I have found unplayable, and that is saying something after the bugs in 2. Fuck.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So, fuck Deep Silver. Can I say it now? Stupid buggy piece of shit. I can't go 10 minutes without it locking up, I can't even get through a fucking mission without a lock up. Sometimes I can quote the damn game, other times I have to turn off the console. Fucking shit. Should have left it in the oven for another 3 months. First Saints Row game I have found unplayable, and that is saying something after the bugs in 2. Fuck.

What console version?

KFC ZINGER PIE?!?
KFCpie-640x360.png
I FUCKING NEED IT!!!

I'm mostly just confused about it being okay to share on gaf.
Eh, I've been sharing price errors in here since I started. GAF always has a thread for them.

The most enjoyed one was 1200 allards for $5 a while back. Shame I only got one (damn you BoB!!!!).

I'm a little weary of the 'you just need a costa rican email address' or whatever but given that I use a US mailing address for my Amazon deals... ==;;.
No need. Just make a new Xbox profile, make the locale Costa Rica, start download, migrate account to Australia, done.

360 version has terrible frame rate too, just pushing too hard for the old hardware.

First SR was the worst in terms of bugs for me. SR3 has a snails pace framerate though, that was painful after playing the PC version first. For most new release games that aren't exclusives I would recommend going PC until you get PS4/180 versions. Devs are just pushing shit uphill trying to look amazeballs at the expense of stability.

(although even Last of Us is frying PS3's so even exclusives aren't a guarantee of stability either)

Danoss

This will be my last post recommending anyone who hasn't picked up the Bundle of Holding to do so. It now has a little more than 8 hours remaining until your chance for 10 fantastic games (actually 11 if you pay close attention) for a great price. Entertain yourself and help charities in one go.

I know most of my recent posts have been shilling things, but I haven't had much time to pop in and join the conversation except for a few occasions. The least I could do is post some tabletop bargains. Hopefully things will change shortly. This past week there has produced more good days than bad, which is a great sign if the trend continues without much interruption.

I've had ideas for kicking off some RP should things continue so positively, but I won't say anything more in case it doesn't come to pass; anything could happen and change without warning. On a related note, I might put another freebie up for grabs shortly and see if it is to anyone's interest.

Umm, I've played it for 15 hours so far and didn't have any issues. Got stuck while gliding once but it fixed itself once stamina ran out.

My advice: Delete the save game data and reinstall it, and update the game to the latest patch (1.03 I believe).

Dead Man

KFC ZINGER PIE?!?

I FUCKING NEED IT!!!

Eh, I've been sharing price errors in here since I started. GAF always has a thread for them.

The most enjoyed one was 1200 allards for $5 a while back. Shame I only got one (damn you BoB!!!!).

No need. Just make a new Xbox profile, make the locale Costa Rica, start download, migrate account to Australia, done.

360 version has terrible frame rate too, just pushing too hard for the old hardware.

First SR was the worst in terms of bugs for me. SR3 has a snails pace framerate though, that was painful after playing the PC version first. For most new release games that aren't exclusives I would recommend going PC until you get PS4/180 versions. Devs are just pushing shit uphill trying to look amazeballs at the expense of stability.

(although even Last of Us is frying PS3's so even exclusives aren't a guarantee of stability either)

I want that pie. And SR4 doesn't look any better than 3, it is just a mess.

Umm, I've played it for 15 hours so far and didn't have any issues. Got stuck while gliding once but it fixed itself once stamina ran out.

My advice: Delete the save game data and reinstall it, and update the game to the latest patch (1.03 I believe).

I'm almost finished, collected everything, just the last couple main quests to go, and it is fucked, it's slowly gotten worse as I've gone through the game. I'll try that though, and see if it helps.

This will be my last post recommending anyone who hasn't picked up the Bundle of Holding to do so. It now has a little more than 8 hours remaining until your chance for 10 fantastic games (actually 11 if you pay close attention) for a great price. Entertain yourself and help charities in one go.

I know most of my recent posts have been shilling things, but I haven't had much time to pop in and join the conversation except for a few occasions. The least I could do is post some tabletop bargains. Hopefully things will change shortly. This past week there has produced more good days than bad, which is a great sign if the trend continues without much interruption.

I've had ideas for kicking off some RP should things continue so positively, but I won't say anything more in case it doesn't come to pass; anything could happen and change without warning. On a related note, I might put another freebie up for grabs shortly and see if it is to anyone's interest.

Glad you have had some good days man, I don't think anyone is worried about your posts for the deals on stuff :)

Samsung Galaxy S4 4G 16GB from kogan, only $409.

Not sure if pricing error, but doesn't get cheaper than this.

I'm almost finished, collected everything, just the last couple main quests to go, and it is fucked, it's slowly gotten worse as I've gone through the game. I'll try that though, and see if it helps.

I'm having so much fun just fucking around, barely done 20% of the story.

Shaneus

I picked up Child of Eden
used
for $4 today. I feel like a criminal.
Don't. I bought enough copies for both of us (one on each platform). Almost worth buying a Kinect for if you have it on 360. Definitely worth getting a Move and 3D for if you have a PS3.

I got you a few, didn't I?

Not surprised. Don't blame DS, blame Volition. I won't start on the performance issue I had with SR3 that literally never received a patch to fix it after literally years of promising one... theirs is a history of half-baking shit. Never mind how they could half-bake something that was only ever supposed to be DLC anyway, but whatever.

Sooooo I'm downloading Powerpuff Girls. :D

I also made this GIF:
ivnt2jACzi9Jz.gif

fiighting crime, trying to save. the world. here they come, just in tiiiiiime

the powerpuff giiiirls

POWERPUFF!!!!

Sooooo I'm downloading Powerpuff Girls. :D

I also made this GIF:
ivnt2jACzi9Jz.gif

fiighting crime, trying to save. the world. here they come, just in tiiiiiime

the powerpuff giiiirls

POWERPUFF!!!!

haha, that sounds great. I might just do the same :p Is it as good as you remember? I got into some mad fights over being bubbles in primary school.

haha, that sounds great. I might just do the same :p Is it as good as you remember? I got into some mad fights over being bubbles in primary school.

It really is still as good as I remember. I grabbed the very first episode and man, even early Mojo JoJo is hilarious. I might make random GIFs of stuff as I watch.

They introduce the best villian ever within two episodes. :)
HIM

DOWNLOADING LEGALLY RITE!

Best episode was the beat alls.

If I could get it on DVD, I would. :)

I remember vague parts of a bunch of episodes and they did 6 (!) seasons of PPG. My favourite I remember is probably the Rowdyruff Boys one.

CrDGiND.gif

could be a "GTFO out this thread" gif? idk haha

Play Asia have the LE of Halo 4 for $33, no idea on postage (they usually sting you on bigger items) as it doesn't say FREE POSTAGE all over it like usual. Also, Asian copy so no idea on DLC situation with Xbox. Plus, it's Halo 4 >.>

People have Windows phones? Ah anyway, the Where's My ? games are free on the Windows store. A few of you have Win8 at least.

Don't. I bought enough copies for both of us (one on each platform). Almost worth buying a Kinect for if you have it on 360. Definitely worth getting a Move and 3D for if you have a PS3.

I got you a few, didn't I?
I've got one of each too!

Also you got me one I think. Or was it two? I thought it was one.
Still annoyed I didn't do it properly and missed out on maxing out like others did :(

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=674269

Carnivores_cover.jpg

Carnivores HD for PS3 just came out.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!
Mannnnn I loved that game as a kid. No idea if I did much more than hide in the bushes though lol

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Oh my god that game. I don't think I could bring myself to actually kill dinosaurs though.

Hey, It can't be worse than the double down.

Dare I inquire as to how much it ended up costing?

north of 700 lol.

powerpuff girls rock. i have my limited edition ppg watch still in its wrapping! i won it from a foxtel competition when they had a marathod like 15 years ago, and every hour were prizes! i entereed sooo many times

hamchan

Shorten really gonna be Labor leader after he helped cause all the mess by first trying to get Rudd out in the first place? Then when things got really bad for Gillard he saved his own skin by publically announcing he was back to Rudd.

Rather have Albanese.

Top Bottom