• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

I've got powderpuff girls and johnny bravo season 1 on DVD from when they were like 5 bucks at jb hifi last year. Still haven't watched them!

Shorten really gonna be Labor leader after he helped cause all the mess by first trying to get Rudd out in the first place? Then when things got really bad for Gillard he saved his own skin by publically announcing he was back to Rudd.

Rather have Albanese.

This was his plan all along. This is just the kind of cunning deviousness we need in a PM!

north of 700 lol.

powerpuff girls rock. i have my limited edition ppg watch still in its wrapping! i won it from a foxtel competition when they had a marathod like 15 years ago, and every hour were prizes! i entereed sooo many times

o_O I think you need to take some time off ebay.
or share some of that enormous pile of money you must have...

That's awesome! I wish I had foxtel growing up. Apparently there was some extra connection fee cause I lived in the shire though :(

You take that back.

I'm sorry, the neverending taste of chicken and plastic cheese and more chicken and more plastic cheese didn't live up to the incredible expectations I had.

Stackboy

The GTAV map leak from the strategy guy just makes the wait (6 DAYS) even harder.

Hopefully playing SR4 on PC over the weekend makes it easier.

jambo

The GTAV map leak from the strategy guy just makes the wait (6 DAYS) even harder.

Hopefully playing SR4 on PC over the weekend makes it easier.

h0XDWIk.gif

markot

Banned
GTA 5 will follow the fate of all 3d gtas. Overhyped shitpile cobbled together A+ for effort cause they put so much in, but half a million asses doesnt make a whole ass.

jambo

GTA 5 will follow the fate of all 3d gtas. Overhyped shitpile cobbled together A+ for effort cause they put so much in, but half a million asses doesnt make a whole ass.

I can understand not liking GTA IV, but Vice City and San Andreas too?

Also GTA III changed gaming.

markot

Banned
I enjoyed the freedoms attained in the game known as GTA 3.

HOWEVER.

1/4 into vice city, I realised it was all the same constant half assed shit.

I bought GTA 4? Same half assery.

In a game about guns and killing things as the main purveyor of funnness, it amazes me that a game with the worst combat since ever immemorial, keeps getting passes, simply because 'nothing works that well, but theres so much of it! A+'

It is akin to writting an essay, a bad essay. But one that is so long and covers everything ever that you get top marks cause you 'did so much'.

Radio aside, this game is a pure steam pile driven pile of steaming shit.

Two thumbs down!

Even Mafia 2 was more enjoyable because it had a decent story. (Not GTA has ever climbed this mountaint of iimpossibility, while being constantly accoladed as the pillar of hollywood writting A+! and combat that worked so much better.

GTA not only sums up with what is wrong with gaming, it is the essence of what is wrong with the industry, and the journalists that cover it.

It is the modern sarcophogaus of gaming, buried with all its riches, under a pyriamid of stupidity and insults to the very dignity of gaming.

*SOUND OF AN EXPLOSIONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN*

Dont mind that, it was just a truthbomb going off.

Ahhhhh... Hmmmmmm... Alex Mac Season 1: DVD Release Date: October 2, 2007

I'll give Johnny Bravo to you, though (just barely)
Johnny Bravo Season 1: DVD Release Date: June 15, 2010

BAD MAN!

When I went looking for both, all I found were petitions asking for the publishers to put them out on DVD and a second-hand pirated DVD collection available to purchase on a Geocities site. :/

When I went looking for both, all I found were petitions asking for the publishers to put them out on DVD and a second-hand pirated DVD collection available to purchase on a Geocities site. :/
Oh, Megadrive... I'd expect this behaviour from Shaneus... but you? Never.

*sigh*

Dead Man

Not surprised. Don't blame DS, blame Volition. I won't start on the performance issue I had with SR3 that literally never received a patch to fix it after literally years of promising one... theirs is a history of half-baking shit. Never mind how they could half-bake something that was only ever supposed to be DLC anyway, but whatever.

Nope, publisher determines resources and release date, they can take the blame on this one. They knew what they were buying. Fuck them.

Umm, I've played it for 15 hours so far and didn't have any issues. Got stuck while gliding once but it fixed itself once stamina ran out.

My advice: Delete the save game data and reinstall it, and update the game to the latest patch (1.03 I believe).

Yeah, did all that. Now I can't select extras or downloadable content without it freezing at the menus. I started to play anyway, got 2/3 of the way through the last mission, hard lock. Fuck.

Just fuck it all.

You importing a Japanese 3DS?

;)

Hehe, it's getting to the point where I'll have to sooner or later anyway.

Sayonara Umihara Kawase
Hatsune Miku Project Mirai 2 (and the first I guess?
Kamen Rider: Traveller's Record

Few more games and I'll have to seriously consider looking into importing an old-style Japanese unit (or 2DS if they end up getting it and it's cheaper).

I'd be surprised if Theatrhythm 2 doesn't make it over, though. Localisation on it should be cheap enough that they could do a small-ish print run, sell it out and make a tidy profit.

Hehe, it's getting to the point where I'll have to sooner or later anyway.

Sayonara Umihara Kawase
Hatsune Miku Project Mirai 2 (and the first I guess?
Kamen Rider: Traveller's Record

Few more games and I'll have to seriously consider looking into importing an old-style Japanese unit (or 2DS if they end up getting it and it's cheaper).

I'd be surprised if Theatrhythm 2 doesn't make it over, though. Localisation on it should be cheap enough that they could do a small-ish print run, sell it out and make a tidy profit.

hnnng. I want Project Mirai more than I should. Just ordered Monster Hunter 4 and Pokemon X :D October is gonna be a good month.

Don't bother getting the original 3DS. Once you go LL you never go back :p Those big pretty screens are so much better than the tiny original ones.

Don't bother getting the original 3DS. Once you go LL you never go back :p Those big pretty screens are so much better than the tiny original ones.

Yeah, I've got a PAL 3DS XL, it's really nice. Since the JP unit is just gonna be a secondary system (well, tertiary, after the current XL and my launch unit...) for imports I want it to be as cheap as possible, hence going with the original model.

markot

Banned
Surely this can't be true.

It isnt true. And dont call me shirley!

Religious exceptions for shit is stupid.

Riding a motorbike is not an entitlement, its a privalige, and if you dont want to wear the prescribed gear, then pass the harley to the dude on the left.

Want to remain devout? Make a sacrafice for your religion, stop asking for rules to be changed to make your religious choices take precedence to sanity.

And this is just the tip of that ice berg. Religions want to talk the talk, but they dont want to walk the walk. They want protections from the law, but they want exceptions to it too. They want to be covered by hate speech, they want to be able to fire people. Try and fire someone for being of a certain religion? All hell breaks loose, a religious organisation fires someone for a religious reason? Tis fine.

Freedom is a two way street. Stop trying to drive on both lands of the road at the same time. For shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame. Im Darryn Hinch.

Danoss

It is. Cops don't even pull over sikhs on bikes because turban is accepted as an alternative to a helmet.

It's not true at all. I'm happy to be proven wrong if there are standards tests performed on turbans that state otherwise with evidence to back it up. Cops don't pull over bicyclists wearing turbans in some states because they were previously granted religious exception to do so and is not based in safety in any way. I'm not sure of the current status of this in each state, but that was the original basis and nothing else.

Motorcycle helmets are designed specifically to take the brunt of an impact exactly one time. The foam inside will compress to achieve this and the helmet must be disposed of and replaced once its purpose has been served. This is because once the foam is compressed it is almost the same as wearing no helmet at all because there is nothing between the outer shell of the helmet and the skull to prevent any of the energy from getting through. These helmets must also be replaced once every 5 years regardless, to ensure the integrity of the protective materials.

A turban is a combination of tightly wound hair and cloth when completed and I highly doubt any claims made to its safety qualities. Here is a standards test for a motorcycle helmet (skip to 1m 20s for the actual test). I'm sure there will be many people lining up to put their turban-covered heads underneath to prove how protective they really are. They'd be wise to have some money set aside for surgery, home medical supplies and modification, either that or a funeral.

From an article last month on the issue of exemption for cyclists in Queensland:

"In a 2010 study conducted by Sydney's Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, it was found that three per cent of helmet wearers sustained serious head injuries, compared to 13 per cent of those who did not wear helmets," the note said.

"The second study indicated that 'the forces transmitted to the head at comparable impact energies, when wearing a Sikh turban are almost five times greater than wearing a helmet, for the major part of the head area'.

"On the basis of the evidence regarding the effect of bicycle helmets in reducing head injuries in reducing injuries to cyclists and the lack of protection provided by turbans, this (maintaining the current mandatory helmet policy) is the preferred option."

yeah, freedom is one thing but is your life really worth it?

shit, seatbelt laws barely existed when i was a kid. I fell out of a car when I was 3 when I was leaning on the front passenger door of my Dad's Valiant Charger as my dad turned a corner a few streets from home. It wasn't a very fast corner and no one else was on the road thankfully. I remember leaning on the door one second and then I was on the road seeing the car drive 20 metres before turning back.

Hey Charger! \/

Things that car didn't have:
-Child locks
-central locking
-power windows
-power mirrors
-ABS
-Disc brakes
-Airbags
-a 3 year old child leaning on the front passenger door

I wore my seatbelt after that.

I owned a bike helmet as a kid but I think I wore it once because they looked silly before stack hat came out.

Top Bottom