• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

markot

Banned
Its not even about your life. If you get into an accident, and you die due to no helmet, that makes the whole thing so much worse to the people left alive. To the driver of the other vehicle. It can turn a small accident into a fatal one, due to a stupid decision.

Dead Man

yeah, freedom is one thing but is your life really worth it?

shit, seatbelt laws barely existed when i was a kid. I fell out of a car when I was 3 when I was leaning on the front passenger door of my Dad's Valiant Charger as my dad turned a corner a few streets from home. It wasn't a very fast corner and no one else was on the road thankfully. I remember leaning on the door one second and then I was on the road seeing the car drive 20 metres before turning back.

Hey Charger! \/

Things that car didn't have:
-Child locks
-central locking
-power windows
-power mirrors
-ABS
-Disc brakes
-Airbags
-a 3 year old child leaning on the front passenger door

I wore my seatbelt after that.

I owned a bike helmet as a kid but I think I wore it once because they looked silly before stack hat came out.
Your Dad had a Charger? That is pretty cool.

It's not true at all. I'm happy to be proven wrong if there are standards tests performed on turbans that state otherwise with evidence to back it up. Cops don't pull over bicyclists wearing turbans in some states because they were previously granted religious exception to do so and is not based in safety in any way. I'm not sure of the current status of this in each state, but that was the original basis and nothing else.

I was talking about cops in India.

It was a mistake to rewatch Heat for the fortieth time before watching Miami Vice for the first time.

The fuck Mann. I know you old as fuck now but come on.

Shaneus

Jesus fuck - Stackhat nostalgia!
Fuck yeah. Orange Stackhat FTW
matched my hair

While we're at it:
gtRXtGv.jpg

Clipper

I was talking about cops in India.
But the same reasoning still applies. I strongly doubt that the reason it's acceptable to wear a turban instead of a helmet in India is, "Because layers of cloth wrapped around your head offers the same protection as a helmet."

But the same reasoning still applies. I strongly doubt that the reason it's acceptable to wear a turban instead of a helmet in India is, "Because layers of cloth wrapped around your head offers the same protection as a helmet."

That is the reason. Also, it's hard to wear a helmet over a turban.

markot

Banned
I like how no one could retortalise my gta smack down.

I opened some eyes to the blinding light of truth. Which was mean cause now your blind but whatever.

ok.. retiring from ebay now.. a good 30 nintendo 64 games are now mine.
We need pics when they all turn up!

I've got Quake and Doom around here somewhere...

http://pixelenemy.com/tomb-raider-s...-declared-commercial-failures-by-square-enix/

Squeenix says hitman abso, sleepy dogs and tomb raider are commercial failures? wat

They've been saying that for 6 months now. In the end they marked them down as commercially successful but did not meet internal expectations, which would lead any sane person over there to realise their expectations were unrealistic.

But Square Enix.

They have already said all 3 IP have projects on the go though so no need for alarm.

ASIDE FROM THE ALARMING FACT THEY ALL COULD BE MOBILE GAMES LIKE DEUS EX AND HITMAN SKLDGHFIOSNDFOIJSPDFMPSIDJFOSDNIFFUCKYOUSQUARE

I wish I had enough money to buy Eidos :(

Hitman Absolution was a lot better than everyone says it is. Cut out a few stupid levels and it would be golden.
Tomb Raider was fantastic. I don't get the hate unless you are demanding it be a carbon copy of Tomber Raider 2 or some shit. Also fuck you if you use the word dissonance.
Sleepy Dogs is Sleepy Dogs yo.

Squeenix says hitman abso, sleepy dogs and tomb raider are commercial failures? wat
Hitman Absolution is a complete failure. Sleeping Dogs is (IMO) needs another couple of iterations to become truly good. Tomb Raider was fun but ultimately a bit shallow in its gameplay.

Already bought (BTA), even though I already owned all but Eets Munchies. Never paid for FEZ and Mark of the Ninja on XBLA though, so I guess I should give the devs some money for those. Also have Brutal Legend on 360 but it's been in the shrink wrap forever...

Anyone want an FTL key? They're all separate.

Steam is doing what Microsoft wouldn't.

steam.jpg

Steam Family Sharing enables users to share their entire library of games with up to 10 other Steam members – Steam suggests "close friends and family members."

Users request access to a friend's library, and if their computer is authorized, they have access to all of the games in that friend's library, complete with the ability to earn their own Steam achievements and save their own progress to the Steam Cloud.

Macsta

Steam ID?
360 Gamertag? Macsta
PS3 thingy? Macsta
Twitterer? none
How many of your relatives has the Carbon Tax suffocated so far? 37
Sexiest Bond: Pierce Brosnan or Sir Sean "The Rock" Connery? Sir Sean
Would you buy a Crackdown 3? Yes
Thoughts on Viva Pinata Party Pinatas? Yuk
iOS gamer or Android user? Both
How do you feel about DRM and always on DRM? Do not want
Is Women teh weakest sex in gaeming? Depends on game
Do you Kooka with Country Cookies? what?
UGG boots. Do you speak it? Native tounge
Red Rock Deli chips are the best chips. Wrong, Kettle
Picking up a Vita or have a 3DS? OR SNK THINGY? Why not both?.jpg
D&D or Board Games or IRL Role Playing or Furry or Capcom fan? I have a belly button

Sexy: Karen Gillan? Ricki Lee? Missy Higgins? Insert guy/girl of interest (Lily Cerna, Ella Morton, Mel McLaughlin, kPOP) here. Ricki Lee
Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole? Budgie Smuggler
Jalapeño man?Love it
BACON MAN? NO IM A MUSLIM
Interest in alcohol? Scotch and Cider? NO IM A MUSLIM
Vegemite... Mana from heaven or foul toxic sludge? Depends
Do you plays the Halos or Duties or FieldsOfBattlez? Allz
Any glass eyeballs? No
Are you the one delaying all the fucking videogames into 2013 killing 3rd party support for the WiiU[/s]? yes
Are you Mayan or can use Maya? Maya
Curse of Monkey Island is the greatest game of all timeOne of, yes

senahorse

Steam is doing what Microsoft wouldn't.

steam.jpg

Steam Family Sharing enables users to share their entire library of games with up to 10 other Steam members – Steam suggests "close friends and family members."

Users request access to a friend's library, and if their computer is authorized, they have access to all of the games in that friend's library, complete with the ability to earn their own Steam achievements and save their own progress to the Steam Cloud.

Holy shit balls, this is fucking amazing. This will be great for my gf and I, we both play many of the same games, now we only have to buy one of each license unless we want to play something at the same time.

Nom. This is great, would be nice if they had a batch option, or "share all games" or something. When I eventually move in with my girlfriend, her having my list of games without having to authorize will be tasty. NEVERMIND ITS SHARED IT ITS ENTIRETY, probably shouldve read the faq

CAN A FRIEND AND I SHARE A LIBRARY AND BOTH PLAY AT THE SAME TIME?
No, a shared library may only be accessed by one user at a time.

okay that's a bit shit.

Also grabbed the humble bundle, been meaning to play fez and how could I pass this up. also FYI, when humble bundle say "increase your amount", they mean increase by this amount. not increase to this amount. so i've paid $9.20 instead of $4.70. No biggie cos theyre (mostly) all good dev, just letting you guys know thats how it works.

Gazunta

Wait, I'm not sure I understand completely.

Let's say I'm playing Assault Android Cactus and my friend wants to play Civ V from my library. We can still be playing our respective games at the same time, right?

I mean, I get that they wouldn't want us both playing Assault Android Cactus at the same time, that's fine. But surely different games from the same library is OK?

senahorse

Holy shit balls, this is fucking amazing. This will be great for my gf and I, we both play many of the same games, now we only have to buy one of each license unless we want to play something at the same time.

In answer to myself (and Gaz) this is no good for gf and I. Once she is playing one of my games, I am locked out of playing anything. If I go to play one of my games, she gets booted.

Great idea, but falls short for us as we usually are playing games at the same time.

Top Bottom