• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Jintor

Wait, I'm not sure I understand completely.

Let's say I'm playing Assault Android Cactus and my friend wants to play Civ V from my library. We can still be playing our respective games at the same time, right?

I mean, I get that they wouldn't want us both playing Assault Android Cactus at the same time, that's fine. But surely different games from the same library is OK?

They probably don't want NEOGAF SHARE STEAM GAMES EVERYONE FRIEND THIS ACCOUNT threads. Only letting one person use it at a time is the solution.

Omikron

Yeah, it is an 'all of nothing' borrowing system. Basically you are allowing someone to essentially 'login' as you temporarily until you want to start playing something.

Gazunta

Ah, thanks for the clarification guys. I'll still end up using it since I play PC games maaaaybe for about 20 minutes a week tops, and all my Steam games will be going unused :/

Let's say I'm playing Assault Android Cactus and my friend wants to play Civ V from my library. We can still be playing our respective games at the same time, right?
Nope.

- If you're playing a game in your library, no one else can play anything in your library.
- If someone else is playing a game in your library, no one else can play anything in your library.
- If someone else is playing a game in your library, and you start a game in your library, they get a message telling them to quit or buy the game.

Nice steam! Once it's going ill probably share my account with my step dad,
That's exactly what I'm planning on doing. My dad can play whatever he likes in my library while I'm at work.

You guys like Peppa Pig right?

In answer to myself (and Gaz) this is no good for gf and I. Once she is playing one of my games, I am locked out of playing anything. If I go to play one of my games, she gets booted.

Great idea, but falls short for us as we usually are playing games at the same time.

Heh, if they did it the way you want everyone would just chip in 10% for a game and share it as a group!

This will be great for me, means I don't have to keep logging into my bosses account, he can just have it shared up all the time!

senahorse

Heh, if they did it the way you want everyone would just chip in 10% for a game and share it as a group!

There are plenty of ways of preventing your hypothetical situation. I think this is just a way to get publisher's on-board, hopefully it will be fleshed out in time.

edit: re-reading your reply I think you misunderstand, I am not wanting to play the same game at once with my gf, rather that she can say play Saints Row 4 while I am playing Gunslinger from my library.

r1chard

AusGAF, it's time for my daughter to build her first PC. I've not got a lot of money to throw at this, so I've had to go pretty cheap. She basically plays Minecraft a lot, but we're looking to get her into some other games too like Torchlight 2 and maybe some other older FPS games like TF2 and Portal. YAY STEAM FAMILY SHARING!!!!

The tentative parts list is (MSY costs):

Asus P8B75-M $69
Intel G2030 $53
Seagate 500GB $56
Patriot-S 4G 1333 $40
Sapphire 5450 $30
Coolermaster Force 500 case $49
Thermaltake 500 OEM PSU $46 (plus $5 in-store rebate)
Windows 8 $109
Gigabyte KM-5300 $9
LED case fan 120mm $4*

total $465 (by far the cheapest PC I've ever priced)

Can anyone see any obvious problems with this?

* because the 5450 is air-cooled but mostly because the LED fan is a bit of fun for her :)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
QFXeNvH.jpg

yehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Who you gonna call?

Breaking Bad Spinoff Series Better Call Saul Confirmed

AMC and Sony Pictures Television confirmed today that they have reached a licensing agreement for a spinoff of Vince Gilligan’s landmark AMC/Sony Pictures Television series Breaking Bad.

As conceived, the new series is based on the show’s popular Saul Goodman character with the working title Better Call Saul. Plans call for Saul to be a one-hour prequel that will focus on the evolution of the popular Saul Goodman character before he ever became Walter White’s lawyer.

This should be interesting.

Win8 for your daughter? YOU MONSTER!

Also Terminator TV series on Blu Ray for $20 posted

re-reading your reply I think you misunderstand, I am not wanting to play the same game at once with my gf, rather that she can say play Saints Row 4 while I am playing Gunslinger from my library.
That's what I thought you meant.

My meaning was that in that instance I could share libraries with mates so we can go halves/thirds/quarters on games as long as we don't want to play the exact same game at the same time. Making it like living in the same house as your mates who can use your games brings in some nice money saving opportunities. One concurrent user per game would be a sweet system but I can't see publishers going for it. I play games at random times so I would almost always be in the clear to play games my mates aren't.

The days of 5 housemates going fifths in Gears of War or Mass Effect were fantastic, until everyone moved out and wanted to take it with them of course :/

Clipper

So AusGAF, here's a pic of some of the stuff that I picked up from the post office this morning...

48569C41-DE55-4DBA-B875-C5D546CF1348-4454-000006727CD74856_zps059b7928.jpg

I'm really looking forward to running the Star Wars RPG sometime in the next few weeks. Who's interested and what sort of times do you think you will be available? Perhaps I'll be ready to start helping create some characters on Saturday, then once we know a date and time we can set out on the adventure (using Roll 20)...

Steam library sharing is pretty neat as a step forward, but not really much use to me. Only person I'd probably share with is my brother, and we've already got each other's account details so I can just login and go offline, allowing him to keep accessing his games, if I want to play his stuff.

Who you gonna call?

Breaking Bad Spinoff Series Better Call Saul Confirmed

This should be interesting.

Eh, I dunno about this. I mean Saul's great, but as a supporting character. I guess they could make it work, but there's just as good a chance that it doesn't.

It's like people wanting a Vastra/Jenny/Strax spin-off from Doctor Who. The characters work as supporting cast but I'm not sure they could carry a show.

Haha, bought this set when Warner had it for about that price around this time last year. Only watched a couple episodes before getting distracted with other stuff. Show seemed okay though.

Then again, I got the Kubrick collection in the same order and have only watched Clockwork Orange since getting it. Still disappointed it didn't have Dr. Strangelove in it.

senahorse

Win8 for your daughter? YOU MONSTER!

That's what I thought you meant.

My meaning was that in that instance I could share libraries with mates so we can go halves/thirds/quarters on games as long as we don't want to play the exact same game at the same time. Making it like living in the same house as your mates who can use your games brings in some nice money saving opportunities. One concurrent user per game would be a sweet system but I can't see publishers going for it. I play games at random times so I would almost always be in the clear to play games my mates aren't.

The days of 5 housemates going fifths in Gears of War or Mass Effect were fantastic, until everyone moved out and wanted to take it with them of course :/

Certainly not a desirable situation to sell to a pub. There are ways they could stop this, and hopefully if this type of thing gets some traction they will relax the rules a bit. It would be nice if we (gf and I) could buy one copy of a game from steam and both play it without having to log in each others accounts etc.

Aon

I am a random unpaid and independent bystander and I would like to announced that Clipper's campaign of Star Wars: Edge of the Empire is my favourite on the Citadel.

I will be playing a sleazy R2 unit.

Steam library sharing is pretty neat as a step forward, but not really much use to me. Only person I'd probably share with is my brother, and we've already got each other's account details so I can just login and go offline, allowing him to keep accessing his games, if I want to play his stuff.
It's still beneficial to you guys then -- you don't have access to each other's accounts, you have separate friends lists, achievements, etc.

In fact I'd say your case is pretty much /the/ prototypical example of a good use case!

It's still beneficial to you guys then -- you don't have access to each other's accounts, you have separate friends lists, achievements, etc.

In fact I'd say your case is pretty much /the/ prototypical example of a good use case!

Nah, I understand the benefits the new system offers in terms of accessing my own friend list while playing his games, getting achievements on my account, etc., but I'm not that bothered by not being able to access those things while I play one of his games though, and think him being able to access his other stuff while I'm playing something else is a better advantage.

Of course, there's only been a couple of times we've actually done this, and it's generally more to sample games the other has than play through them completely so this is mostly all theoretical talk anyway.

Lets play Sony circa PS3 launch or Microsoft circa 180 launch!
Guess who!
We're in an enviable position

Also stupidly cheap prices to the only worthwhile place to go in Melbourne (shits all over 0mi's house). $18.28 for tickets to the Aquarium if you know someone who is with RACV.

Haha, bought this set when Warner had it for about that price around this time last year. Only watched a couple episodes before getting distracted with other stuff. Show seemed okay though.

Then again, I got the Kubrick collection in the same order and have only watched Clockwork Orange since getting it. Still disappointed it didn't have Dr. Strangelove in it.
Yeah Dr. Strangelove is infinitely watchable.

jambo

Man, I can't remember the last time I bought a crazy expensive box set of something.

I got one of the James Bond Briefcase DVD sets way back in 2006, the Halo Reach Legendary Edition back in 2010 and the Borderlands 2 Ultiamte Loot Chest in 2012.

The BL2 loot chest didn't end up being that expensive so I don't normally count that.

I was thinking about getting the Marvel Phase One Blu-ray collection from Amazon. The discs are region free and the Amazon shipping is something like $14.

Man, I can't remember the last time I bought a crazy expensive box set of something.

I got one of the James Bond Briefcase DVD sets way back in 2006, the Halo Reach Legendary Edition back in 2010 and the Borderlands 2 Ultiamte Loot Chest in 2012.

The BL2 loot chest didn't end up being that expensive so I don't normally count that.

I was thinking about getting the Marvel Phase One Blu-ray collection from Amazon. The discs are region free and the Amazon shipping is something like $14.

I don't usually go in on this sort of thing (I've got a shitload of DVDs/Blus but have never spent this much on one thing/gotten this kind of shelf unfriendly collection before) but since it averages out to about $27 a season and I don't own any of the show yet I figured I might as well.

I've got plenty of "complete" sets (Doctor Who series 1-4, Transformers generation one, Gilmore Girls, Avengers Assemble Blurays (the UK Marvel phase one release) but they're pretty much just standard reissues that are just boxes/slips around standard cases that cost like half to a third of this BrBa set.

jambo

I don't usually go in on this sort of thing (I've got a shitload of DVDs/Blus but have never spent this much on one thing/gotten this kind of shelf unfriendly collection before) but since it averages out to about $27 a season and I don't own any of the show yet I figured I might as well.

I've got plenty of "complete" sets (Doctor Who series 1-4, Transformers generation one, Gilmore Girls, Avengers Blurays (the UK Marvel phase one release) but they're pretty much just standard reissues that are just boxes/slips around standard cases that cost like half to a third of this BrBa set.

I've bought most of mine season at a time as well

Transformers G1
Stargate SG-1
Dragon Ball Z
Star Trek TNG
Star Trek TNG Blu-ray
Star Trek Voyager
Star Trek Deep Space Nine
NCIS S01-05
Red Dwarf
Blackadder
Futurama Complete Collection S01-04
Simpsons S01-09
Seinfeld
The West Wing
Frasier

There are others, but I can't think of them atm.

Waiting for the Doctor Who S01-07 Blu-ray set as well, looks amazing.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I've bought most of mine season at a time as well

Transformers G1
Stargate SG-1
Dragon Ball Z
Star Trek TNG
Star Trek TNG Blu-ray
Star Trek Voyager
Star Trek Deep Space Nine
NCIS S01-05
Red Dwarf
Blackadder
Futurama Complete Collection S01-04

Simpsons S01-09
Seinfeld
The West Wing
Frasier

There are others, but I can't think of them atm.

Waiting for the Doctor Who S01-07 Blu-ray set as well, looks amazing.

That is a mighty fine collection.

Bolded the ones I have there

You should get Sherlock too.

Rahk

Eh, I dunno about this. I mean Saul's great, but as a supporting character. I guess they could make it work, but there's just as good a chance that it doesn't.
Yeah. Could be good if he represents interesting characters, but if it's mostly focused on Saul I'm not so sure.

senahorse

Been slowing down my Blu-ray purchases dramatically lately. I think I am finally getting over this ownership thing with media, I am more content now with services like Netflix, Amazon and Hulu to provide my viewing content.

Mediatalk got me around to updating my list, which I hadn't touched in a few months. Might as well dump it here while I've got it open so it stretches the page out and is a shit for people to scroll past. Blurays are bolded in the source document but I really can't be arsed adding that in here.

Look upon my terrible taste ye mighty, and despair:

Movies
A Film with Me in It
A Nightmare on Elm Street
A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge
A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
A Nightmare on Elm Street: The Second 3 Nightmares [Nightmare on Elm Street 4, 5 & 6]
Ace Attorney
Aladdin
Alice in Wonderland
Alice in Wonderland
Alien Anthology
American Pie 4-Play [1-3, Band Camp]
Amelie
American Beauty
American Psycho
Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy Collection
Anger Management/Happy Gilmore/Billy Madison
Apollo 18
Army of Darkness
Avengers Assemble [Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America, The Avengers]
Back to the Future: The Trilogy
Barbarella
Barton Fink
Batman
Batman Returns
Batman Forever
Batman & Robin
Batman Begins
Beetlejuice
Beverly Hills Cop: The Complete Lineup
Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure
Bill and Ted’s Bogus Journey
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Corpse Bride
Dating the Enemy
Death Note Movie Collection
Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog
Dragonball Evoltion
Doctor Who and the Daleks/Daleks: Invasion Earth 2150 AD
Doctor Who: The Movie
Dr. Jekyll and Sister Hyde
Enter the Dragon
Fargo
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Fight Club/Sexy Beast
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
Futurama: Bender's Big Score
Futurama: The Beast with a Billion Backs
Futurama: Bender's Game
Futurama: Into the Wild Green Yonder
Ghostbusters
Ghostbusters 2
Ghost World
Girl, Interrupted
God Bless America
Godzilla: Showa Classics Volume 1 [Godzilla, Mothra vs Godzilla, Invasion of Astro-Monster, Ebirah: Horror of the Deep, Son of Godzilla, Gozilla: Destroy All Monsters]
Godzilla: Heisei Series [Godzilla vs King Ghidohra, Godzilla vs Mothra, Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla 2, Godzilla vs SpaceGodzilla, Godzilla vs Destroyah]
Half Baked/How High
Harold & Kumar go to White Castle
Hobo With a Shotgun
Hook
Hot Fuzz/Shaun of the Dead
Hulk
Inglourious Basterds
Jesus Christ Superstar
Kevin Smith: The Ultimate Collection [Clerks/Mallrats/Chasing Amy/Dogma/Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back/Clerks 2]
Kick Ass
King Kong
L: Change the World
Labyrinth
Les Miserables
The Lion King
Little Nicky
Masked Rider The First
Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers: The Movie/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2/Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie
Men in Black
Men in Black II
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Michael Jackson: Moonwalker
Mystery Men
Pete's Dragon
Peter Pan
Planet of the Apes: 5-Movie Collector's Edition
Police Academy: The Complete Collection
Pulp Fiction
Repo! The Genetic Opera
Reservoir Dogs
Robin Hood
Robocop Trilogy
Rocky Anthology
Rocky Balboa
Rocky Horror Picture Show/Shock Treatment
Scary Movie 2
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
Scream Trilogy
Scream 4
Serenity
A Simple Wish
Sin City
Space Battleship Yamato
Speed Racer
Spice World: The Movie
Spiderman: The High Definition Trilogy
Stanley Kubrick Visionary Filmmaker Collection [2001: A Space Odyssey/A Clockwork Orange/The Shining/Full Metal Jacket/Eyes Wide Shut/Lolita/Barry Lyndon]
Star Wars: Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace
Star Wars: Episode 2 - Attack of the Clones
Star Wars: Episode 3 - Revenge of the Sith
Star Wars Trilogy
Sucker Punch
Super
Super Mario Bros.
Superman: The Ultimate Collection
Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Sweeny Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
The Adventures of Tintin
The Big Lebowski
The Blues Brothers/Blues Brothers 2000
The Dark Knight
The Evil Dead
The Evil Dead II
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
The Hunchback of Notre-Dame
The Incredibles
The Jungle Book 2
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy Extended Edition
The Mel Brookes Collection [The Twelve Chairs/Blazing Saddles/Young Frankenstein/Silent Movie/High Anxiety/History of the World - Part 1/To Be or Not to Be/Spaceballs/Robin Hood: Men in Tights]
The Nightmare Before Christmas
The Phantom of the Opera
The Princess and the Frog
The Room
The Spirit
The Wizard of Oz
Toy Story
Toy Story
Toy Story 3
Transformers: The Animated Movie
True Grit
V for Vendetta
Walt Disney Treasures: Mickey Mouse in Living Colour
Walt Disney Treasures: Mickey Mouse in Living Colour Vol. 2
Walt Disney Treasures: The Chronological Donald Vol. 1
Walt Disney Treasures: The Complete Goofy
Watchmen: Tales of the Black Freighter
Wayne's World 1 & 2: The Complete Epic
Weird Science
Wes Craven’s New Nightmare
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Zombieland

TV Series
The Addams Family: Volume One
The Addams Family: Volume Two
The Addams Family: Volume Three
Alias Season Five
American Dad: Complete Season One Collection
The Angry Video Game Nerd: Volume One
The Angry Video Game Nerd: Vol. 2
The Angry Video Game Nerd: Vol. 3
The Angry Video Game Nerd: Vol. 4
Bananaman: Complete Collection
Black Adder: Complete Collection Remastered
Black Books: Volume One
Black Books: Volume Two
Black Books: Volume Three
Boston Legal: Season One
Boston Legal: Season Two
Boston Legal: Season Three
Boston Legal: Season Four
Boston Legal: Season Five
The Brak Show Volume One
The Brak Show Volume Two
Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season One
Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Two
Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Three
Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Four
Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Five
Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Six
Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Seven
Carl Sagan's Cosmos
Community: Season 1
Community: Season 2
Community: Season 3
Daria: The Complete Animated Series
Dirk Gently: Series One
Doctor Who: The Beginning [An Unearthly Child/The Daleks/Edge of Destruction]
Doctor Who: The Keys of Marinus
Doctor Who: The Aztecs
Doctor Who: The Sensorites
Doctor Who: The Reign of Terror
Doctor Who: Planet of Giants
Doctor Who: The Dalek Invasion of Earth
Doctor Who: The Rescue/The Romans
Doctor Who: The Web Planet
Doctor Who: The Space Museum/The Chase
Doctor Who: The Time Meddler
Doctor Who: The War Machines
Doctor Who: Mannequin Mania [Terror of the Autons/Spearhead from Space]
Doctor Who: Dalek War [Frontier in Space/Planet of the Daleks]
Doctor Who: Bred for War – The Sontaran Collection [The Time Warrior/The Sontaran Experiment/The Invasion of Time/The Two Doctors]
Doctor Who: Mara Tales [Kinda/Snakedance]
Doctor Who: Attack of the Cybermen
Doctor Who: Revelation of the Daleks
Doctor Who: Trial of a Time Lord
Doctor Who: Remembrance of the Daleks
Doctor Who: Battlefield
Doctor Who: The Curse of Fenric
Doctor Who: Survival
Doctor Who: Series 1-4 Box Set
Doctor Who: The Complete Specials
Doctor Who: The Complete Fifth Series
Doctor Who: The Complete Sixth Series
Earthworm Jim: The Complete Series
Family Guy Season One
Family Guy Season Two
Family Guy Season Three
Firefly: The Complete Series
Futurama: Season One
Futurama: Season Two
Futurama: Season Three
Futurama: Season Four
Futurama: Season Five
Gilmore Girls: The Complete Series
Glee: The Complete First Season
Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law Volume One
Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law Volume Two
Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law Volume Three
Invader Zim: Season One
Invader Zim: Season Two
Life Support Complete Collection
Masked Rider: Escape from Edennoi
Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers Season One
Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers Season Two
Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers Season Three
Monkey: Collector’s Edition
Moonlighting: The Pilot
Moonlighting: The Complete First & Second Seasons
Moonlighting: The Complete Third Season
Moonlighting: The Complete Fourth Season
Moonlighting: The Complete Fifth Season
Popeye: Volume 2
Power Rangers Zeo
Power Rangers Ninja Storm
Power Rangers Dino Thunder
Power Rangers SPD
Queer as Folk USA - Season 1-5 Complete
Red Dwarf: Just the Shows - Series I to VIII
ReBoot: The Definitive Mainframe Edition
Retro Game Master: The Game Centre CX Collection
Robocop The Series
Robotech: Protoculture Collection
Ruby Gloom: Volume 1
Ruby Gloom: Volume 2
Scrubs: The Complete First Season
Scrubs: The Complete Third Season
Sealab 2021: Season One
Sealab 2021: Season Two
Sherlock: Complete Series One & Two
Smallville: The Complete First Season
Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Series
Star Trek The Original Series: Season One
Star Trek The Original Series: Season Two
Star Trek The Original Series: Season Three
Star Trek The Animated Series
Super Mario Bros.: Volume 1
Super Mario Bros.: Volume 2
Super Mario World: Volume 1
Super Mario World: Volume 2
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Volume 1
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles: The Complete 1st & 2nd Season
The Chaser's War on Everything: Volume 2
The IT Crowd: Version 1.0
The Mighty Boosh 1
The Muppet Show: Season One
The Muppet Show: Season Two
The Muppet Show: Season Three
The Simpsons: The Complete First Season
The Simpsons: The Complete Second Season
The Simpsons: The Complete Third Season
The Simpsons: The Complete Fourth Season
The Simpsons: The Complete Fifth Season
The Twilight Zone - The Original Series: Season One
The Twilight Zone - The Original Series: Season Two
The Twilight Zone - The Original Series: Season Three
The Twilight Zone - The Original Series: Season Four
The Twilight Zone - The Original Series: Season Five
Tin Man
Transformers Generation One Complete Collection
Ultraman: The Complete Series
Viva La Bam: The Complete First Season
Viva La Bam: Complete Seasons 2 & 3
Viva La Bam: Complete Seasons 4 & 5
Wonder Woman: The Complete First Season
Wonder Woman: The Complete Second Season
Wonder Woman: The Complete Third Season

Anime
Azumanga Daioh: Volume 1
Azumanga Daioh: Volume 2
Azumanga Daioh: Volume 3
Azumanga Daioh: Volume 4
Azumanga Daioh: Volume 5
Azumanga Daioh: Volume 6
Bubblegum Crisis - Tokyo 2040 Complete Collection
Cowboy Bebop: Complete Collection
Cowboy Bebop: Best Sessions
Cowboy Bebop: The Movie
Death Note Collection
Dragon Ball Movie Box [DB Movie 2/3/Path to Power]
Dragon Ball: The Saga of Goku
Dragon Ball: Tournament Saga
Dragon Ball: Red Ribbon Army
Dragon Ball: General Blue Saga
Dragon Ball: Commander Red Saga
Dragon Ball: Fortune-teller Baba Saga
Dragon Ball: Tien Shinhan Saga
Dragon Ball: King Piccolo Saga Part One
Dragon Ball: King Piccolo Saga Part Two
Dragon Ball: Piccolo Jr. Saga Part One
Dragon Ball: Piccolo Jr. Saga Part Two
Dragon Ball Z: Dragon Box Z Volume One
Dragon Ball Z: Dragon Box Z Volume Two
Dragon Ball Z: Dragon Box Z Volume Three
Dragon Ball Z: Dragon Box Z Volume Four
Dragon Ball Z: Dragon Box Z Volume Five
Dragon Ball Z: Dragon Box Z Volume Six
Dragon Ball Z: Dragon Box Z Volume Seven
Dragon Ball Z: Bardock, Father of Goku
Dragon Ball Z: The History of Trunks
Dragon Ball: Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans/Episode of Bardock Double Feature
Dragon Ball Z: Movie 1 – Dead Zone/Movie 2 – The World's Strongest Double Feature
Dragon Ball Z: Movie 3 – Tree of Might/Movie 4 – Lord Slug Double Feature
Dragon Ball Z: Movie 5 – Cooler’s Revenge/Movie 6 – The Return of Cooler Double Feature
Dragon Ball Z: Movie 7 - Super Android 13!
Dragon Ball Z: Movie 8 – Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan/Movie 10 – Broly: Second Coming/Movie 11 - Bio Broly Triple Feature
Dragon Ball Z: Movie 9 - Bojack Unbound
Dragon Ball Z: Movie 12 – Fusion Reborn/Movie 13 – Wrath of the Dragon Double Feature
Dragon Ball GT: Season One
Dragon Ball GT: Season Two (Includes A Hero's Legacy)
Fullmetal Alchemist: Volume One
Fullmetal Alchemist: Volume Two
Fullmetal Alchemist: Volume Three
Gurren Lagann: Volume One
Gurren Lagann: Volume Two
Gurren Lagann: Set 02
Gurren Lagann: Set 03
Macross II: The Movie
Macross Plus
Mobile Suit Gundam: Collection One
Mobile Suit Gundam: Collection Two
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: Collection One
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: Collection Two
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack
New Getter Robo
One Piece: Collection One
One Piece: Collection Two
One Piece: Collection Three
One Piece: Collection Four
One Piece: Collection Five
One Piece: Collection Six
Paprika
Pokemon: Advance Battle 8.1
Pokemon: Mewtwo Returns
Pokemon The Movie 2000
Pokemon 3
Ranma 1/2: Movie 1 - Big Trouble in Nekonron, China
Ranma 1/2: Movie 2 - Nihao My Concubine
Space Pirate Captain Herlock Collection
Star Blazers: The Complete Series
Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Ultimate Collection
The Big O - Series 1 Collection
The Big O - Series 2 Collection
The Irresponsible Captain Tylor
Vision of Escaflowne

Comedy
Adam Hills: Characterful & Joymonger [2-pack]
Bill Bailey Live: Part Troll
Bottom Live Stage Show
Bottom Live: The Big Number 2 Show
Bottom Live 3: Hooligan's Island
Bottom 2001: An Arse Oddity
Bottom Live 2003: Weapons Grade Y-Fronts Tour
Dylan Moran: Like, Totally

Music
David Bowie: A Reality Tour
Jesus Christ Superstar Live Aerna Tour
Kate Bush - Live at the Hammersmith Odeon 1979
Kate Miller-Heidke: Live in San Francisco
Les Miserables in Concert: The 25th Anniversary
Michael Jackson: Live in Bucharest - The Dangerous Tour
Michael Jackson Live at Wembley July 16, 1988
Michael Jackson: The One
Michael Jackson's Vision
Nightwish: From Wishes to Eternity
Nightwish: End of an Era
The Birthday Massacre Live: Show and Tell
The Other Side of the Mirror: Bob Dylan Live at the Newport Folk Festival 1963-65
Tupac: The Complete Live Performances
Within Temptation: Stand My Ground

Doco
American Movie
Michael Jackson: A Remarkable Life
Michael Jackson’s This Is It
The King of Kong

I know people are moving on to digital subscriptions and stuff, but I love a good physical library. Books, games, videos, whatever. I just like stuff. Still need to buy the second half of The Simpsons.

senahorse

How did you go about selling them all ?, I have probably 1000 separate DVD's/Blu-rays and I would like to sell them all, but the idea of photographing and posting them on Ebay is pretty daunting.

How did you go about selling them all ?, I have probably 1000 separate DVD's/Blu-rays and I would like to sell them all, but the idea of photographing and posting them on Ebay is pretty daunting.
I laid them all out on the floor (in groups of maybe 50), took photos, wrote what they were in a spreadsheet. Once done I alphabetised the list and posted the lot as one auction on eBay.

For posting, I bought some boxes and shipped via packsend.com.au at what I felt what was a decent price (under $100 for three large boxes from Victoria to Tasmania).

Stuff posting them individually. Maybe could've made more money but would've had some I couldn't sell.

Was about... 350 DVDs and I made about, I think, $450.

I am a random unpaid and independent bystander and I would like to announced that Clipper's campaign of Star Wars: Edge of the Empire is my favourite on the Citadel.

I will be playing a sleazy R2 unit.

I'd be up for it. Will think on a character.

senahorse

I laid them all out on the floor (in groups of maybe 50), took photos, wrote what they were in a spreadsheet. Once done I alphabetised the list and posted the lot as one auction on eBay.

For posting, I bought some boxes and shipped via packsend.com.au at what I felt what was a decent price (under $100 for three large boxes from Victoria to Tasmania).

Stuff posting them individually. Maybe could've made more money but would've had some I couldn't sell.

Was about... 350 DVDs and I made about, I think, $450.

I might do that actually, at least just the DVD's to start with, I have a pretty crazy collection. Complete X-Files, complete SG1, complete Atlantis, Simpsons first 10 seasons, complete Seinfeld, OG Futurama, Family Guy, etc etc etc. Even if I get only a couple of hundred for them it would be nice to rid myself of something I never use.

That was my line of thinking. I got more than I expected without a ton of effort. Sure, I lost money in the long run, but I was happy to see them go.

Dead Man

Okay, GTAV is pre ordered. I said I wouldn't do this, but the hype train has me by the plums. If the gameplay is too much like 4 I am going to be a sad panda.

Shaneus

Wait, so the Steam thing is all-or-nothing? It's library-wide and not just for whatever game you're/they're playing? That's a bit shit. No different to lending someone my account, I guess. Hell, easier to do that because they can just run it in offline mode and be happy.

I know people are moving on to digital subscriptions and stuff, but I love a good physical library. Books, games, videos, whatever. I just like stuff. Still need to buy the second half of The Simpsons.
Second half of The Simpsons... so seasons 5-10?

PS. ANTICHAMBER IS ON SALE ON STEAM RITE NOW. BUY IT, YOU FUCKS. ALSO SUPPORT AUSTRALIAN MADE ETC.

There is a point etc.
I got one yesterday.

GODTIER

5/5

Pics tomorrow.

Okay, GTAV is pre ordered. I said I wouldn't do this, but the hype train has me by the plums. If the gameplay is too much like 4 I am going to be a sad panda.

IT LOOKS FUCKING AMAIZNGL:SINDGONSIDLNFL

Here a dude got an early copy, been posting FUCKLOADS of Vines, no spoilers. Dude is awesome.

GAME IS AMAZING

FRAMERATE IS WAY BETTER THAN GTA4!

Also weather
at least one mission has snow!

Might try and send the wife and son away next week and call in sick to work :)

Shaneus

They haven't announced a PC version yet, have they?

Any ideas on what the definitive version is? Hopefully they've gotten it running a bit better on PS3, because I'd imagine that would otherwise be the better version, what with all the space to use for less-compressed speech/audio/cinematics etc. But I like the 360 controller, so I'd be happy with that version equally as much (unless there's features locked away behind Gold, because I haven't found myself missing that yet).

PS. Beef and bacon Shapes ain't bad. Ain't great, but ain't bad. Kinda remind me of those cheeseburger-flavoured Twisties.

PC version of GTA 4 for PC wasn't announced until 4 months after release, came out 7 months after.

360 for me as no PS3, MUCH prefer the 360 controller anyway.

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU BUY BEEF AND BACON!?!? SOUR CREAM FFS!

Also all the official Rockstar trailers have been 100% PS3 footage.

Vines we are seeing are 360 gameplay.

BOTH RUN WAYYYY BETTER THAN GTA4 DID ON CONSOLES

Shaneus

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU BUY BEEF AND BACON!?!? SOUR CREAM FFS!

Also all the official Rockstar trailers have been 100% PS3 footage.

Vines we are seeing are 360 gameplay.

BOTH RUN WAYYYY BETTER THAN GTA4 DID ON CONSOLES
BECAUSE I FUCKING TWEETED YOU AND YOU NEVER RESPONDED.

Are either of them "cinematic" (that we know of) aka upscaled?

Top Bottom