• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Danoss

hey, the rest of us never bother to think "does anyone but me give a shit about this post" when chatting in ausgaf, why should you?

I'll take ten posts about RPing games and waveform netgraphs before I'll read one post about football or politics in here.

Haha, thanks mate.

I don't really give it much thought – clearly a lie because of what I posted, but it was more out of what was a humorous observation to me than that of real concern. While I love my footy (even though my team are a rabble), I'm with you on the politics.

What causes it?

I'd just assume that was the particular way the speed was fluctuating. The only file available was an .flv and so the video was probably in a queue for, or the process of, transcoding and may have been speed-limited as a result. That'd be my best guess.

Edit: Nope. The transcode completed, other formats became available and the download of a different file was much the same. Forced the modem to renegotiate and everything is back to normal. It rained overnight and water in the pits can cause funny things like this to happen.

Danoss

That's why we quarantined them into AusPoliGAF

It's noticeable and much better now, I couldn't even tell you when it happened. I have no complaints about the current state and was thinking of the previous discussions in here. While we still get some politics in here, it's things I think are worth noting anyway and I wouldn't want that to change.

For those not interested, it was the multi-page back-and-forth that was a bit much. I would be involved in the occasional all-consuming rugby league discussions that the majority here care little about, so fair's fair really. Apologies if that was seen as anything more than personal preference, we all have the ability to scroll, so it's fine. :)

Jintor

A standalone AusPoliGAF expansion pack existing beyond the recent election should be a thing.

Shit-tonnes of non-AusGAF aussies came out of the woodwork for that thread.

As long as we just keep posting our political stuff there instead of here it'll stay alive, basically.
Until someone moves it to OT Community and it withers and dies

Bernbaum

Taught my non-musical housemate the open E minor chord this morning.

Saturday at our street: LET ME PLAY YOU THE SONG OF MY PEOPLE.

Oh my god

OH MY GOD

GRAND THEFT AUTO 5 YOU GUYS

HURRY UP AND BE TUESDAY >_<

Looks like game of the generation

No idea how they got the framerate that good with all that graphics going on. Makes GTA4 look like one of those olde timey flip books.

Finished Saints Row 4. Apart from a few lockups and freezes in the final missions, it ran pretty well.

Just need to finish a few side quest challenges on gold for the platinum trophy but I'm not going to bother with them. 40 hours spent is more than enough.

Probably end up selling the game. Anyone looking for the uncensored version on PS3?

Heh, that's what I was thinking :)

Friend's brother got it 3 days ago. Game copies are sitting in warehouse ready to be shipped on release date. He knew the distributor and got an early copy.

Impressions are that even the PS3 version is running easily over 30fps with no drops. Pretty much zero popup, huge draw distance.

Fucking amazing.

I don't think R* care about the PC version at this stage, especially not after how much GTA4 got pirated. To think that the PC version was being sold in India at an official price of Rs. 500 ($12) and still 90% people pirated it. Piracy is also the reason why they canceled RDR for the PC.

Heh, that's what I was thinking :)

Impressions are that even the PS3 version is running easily over 30fps with no drops. Pretty much zero popup, huge draw distance.

Fucking amazing.

Can't wait to do the same thing but over 60fps with better than console settings on PC. :)

Will buy a new graphics card in prep for GTAV PC

I don't think R* care about the PC version at this stage, especially not after how much GTA4 got pirated. To think that the PC version was being sold in India at an official price of Rs. 500 ($12) and still 90% people pirated it. Piracy is also the reason why they canceled RDR for the PC.

With the huge rise in Steam since GTA4, I think it might be better nowadays. Least for me, I pirated GTA4 back in the before buying it on Steam a couple years ago and now I don't bother pirating anything and just wait for sales. :)

It was nothing to do with Piracy.

Max Payne 3 came on on PC.

Console games also get pirated. As evidenced by the huge amount of people currently playing GTA5 who didn't get an early copy.

Here are some GIF's of a car. First burnout, then damage, then rolling lol

RE Mega: My mate bought it day one retail on PC. Had to install a ton of service packs and then install the game along with a huge day one patch. Took fucking forever, had to do it at my place as he didn't have internet, I think it was 8 hours before he could play lol

There was no PS3 piracy back in 2008, only xbox. R* did announce that they were very sad about the piracy of GTA4 on the PC.

Console piracy is nowhere close to the amount of PC piracy, even when PC games are relatively cheaper.

Also, apparently there is an online petition asking them not to release GTA5 on the PC. :p

So PC Gamers learn their lesson and stop stealing games

Close to 8000 signatures already.

That's an incredibly naive point of view though.

There was an even larger petition to boycott Bayonetta 2 because it's on WiiU.

Gamers going to gamer.

Deeku

man i didn't really care about gta5, but seeing the leaks and stuff have made me want it real bad now! same happened with gta4:/

must have something to do with how r* don't reveal shit pre-release apart from a carefully crafted trailer or two. geniuses!

Clipper

To those with any faint interest, I'm doing a character creation for Edge of the Empire (the current Star Wars RPG) starting at 8 PM tonight. Show up in AusGAF IRC or Steam chat if you want in (post if you need help). If we have time, I'll even set up a sample encounter for people to try out their new characters.

I'll be doing another one tomorrow morning too, for those that are busy tonight, starting around 9:30 AM.

And if you can't make either time, but still have some interest in joining, please let me know.

Edit: One more thing I might add... You do not need to be familiar with the Star Wars Universe to have fun with this game. Knowing the source material will perhaps enhance the experience, sure, but the mechanics and storytelling that the game provides are the real drawing points to the game.

and get the superior wiiu version.

otherversions are shitty.

What's a Wii U?

Seriously though, I played the Wii U demo and don't like controlling Murphy. I prefer to play as Rayman. You guys got played when they took out the option to choose your preferred control method.

To think that the PC version was being sold in India at an official price of Rs. 500 ($12) and still 90% people pirated it. Piracy is also the reason why they canceled RDR for the PC.
I think you'll find most agree RDR was a terrible mess of code and difficult to port, so they didn' tbother.

And the situation in developing nations isn't really comparable to the first world, IMO. The reason they sell games so cheap is because piracy is so rampant and ingrained that selling at crazy low prices is the only way to see any money at all. Even then sales aren't exactly impressive. A lot of publishers/software/film companies hadn't even bothered with India etc until a few years ago.

man i didn't really care about gta5, but seeing the leaks and stuff have made me want it real bad now! same happened with gta4:/

must have something to do with how r* don't reveal shit pre-release apart from a carefully crafted trailer or two. geniuses!

lol, same here. I don't even like sandbox games that much!

I thought rockstar inadvertently spoiled the ending of the game....

Oh the pc gamers are pirates argument. I remember that one.

Console gamers are just jealous of the superior graphics.

markot

Banned
People have awful taste in games. As per this thread.

And thats how Tony Abbot got elected.

Its your fault is what im saying.

We live in an 'every opinion is valid!' world, and yet, as per you guys, thats clearly not the case.

Some people need to be told theyre dumb and so are their opnions.

Your dumb and so are your opinions.

You people make me as sick as a vietnamese take away.

Dead Man

There was no PS3 piracy back in 2008, only xbox. R* did announce that they were very sad about the piracy of GTA4 on the PC.

Console piracy is nowhere close to the amount of PC piracy, even when PC games are relatively cheaper.

Also, apparently there is an online petition asking them not to release GTA5 on the PC. :p

So PC Gamers learn their lesson and stop stealing games

Close to 8000 signatures already.

How ridiculous can people be?

It's noticeable and much better now, I couldn't even tell you when it happened. I have no complaints about the current state and was thinking of the previous discussions in here. While we still get some politics in here, it's things I think are worth noting anyway and I wouldn't want that to change.

For those not interested, it was the multi-page back-and-forth that was a bit much. I would be involved in the occasional all-consuming rugby league discussions that the majority here care little about, so fair's fair really. Apologies if that was seen as anything more than personal preference, we all have the ability to scroll, so it's fine. :)

Meh, I don't care what people post in here, Omi's soccer hooligan rants, my asylum seeker rants, Reps deals, your RPG's, it's all good. As you say, I can scroll.

I like having the AusPoliGAF thread, but I won't jump on anybody for posting something of general political interest in here.

Jintor

Why play GTAV when you could be a border security guard in Papers Please?

Living the life, detaining people over trivial details to be taken who knows where. Oh man. Just put it out of your mind. It's their fault, after all. Never should've come in with shitty papers... man, it's frighteningly easy to be a hard-nosed robot in this game

Dead Man

Why play GTAV when you could be a border security guard in Papers Please?

Living the life, detaining people over trivial details to be taken who knows where. Oh man. Just put it out of your mind. It's their fault, after all. Never should've come in with shitty papers... man, it's frighteningly easy to be a hard-nosed robot in this game

It is always easy to be a hard nosed robot: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
God damn it.

I was meant to go on a train to get pokemon cards from EB for a house warming present. Instead I fell asleep and had a dream that I went on a train to get pokemon cards.. but on that train some highschool kids picked on me and took my shoes :( so I missed the train stop and couldn't get pokemon cards

Shaneus

God damn it.

I was meant to go on a train to get pokemon cards from EB for a house warming present. Instead I fell asleep and had a dream that I went on a train to get pokemon cards.. but on that train some highschool kids picked on me and took my shoes :( so I missed the train stop and couldn't get pokemon cards
But hey, at least you have your shoes
made out of pokemon cards

Top Bottom