• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

hamchan

GTAV is a good game that is hampered down by all the aliasing and framerate issues that my "PC game on Ultra setting" trained eyes can't help but see.

Really want that PC/Next-gen versions.

Darklord

Banned
Ugh wtf. I just got over a flu 3 weeks ago and now I feel it coming back. Is it really reinfecting me?? Can this thing just fuck off? I haven't even gotten over the cough yet!

If that's true, if you've never had vegemite before than I suggest...you spread lightly.

I did the first heist last night. So good. Also unlocked Trevor. Let the chaos begin.

I did the same thing last night. Did a couple of the first Trevor missions too. Trevor will be my go to character when causing mayhem.

EDIT: Reminds me, I haven't really had much beer (the only one I really enjoyed was Hite), any suggestions?
How long have you got? I reckon a good place to start would be a local craft beer bar/pub. It looks like the Embassy Hotel, Archive Beer Boutique and maybe the Tippler's Tap are good places in Brisbane (never been to any of them, don't know if the locations are any good).

Tell them the sorts of flavours you like and if the staff there are any good they'll find something you'll enjoy. Decent places will even pour you a little sample for free if you're on the fence.

Failing that, try the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale or Stone & Wood Pacific Ale. They're both pretty easy to drink and should be easy to find at any decent beer store.

I'm quite partial to TEDs or Hahn super dry. Tried many others but can't remember their names
:(

I did the first heist last night. So good. Also unlocked Trevor. Let the chaos begin.
Me too. It turns out that hiring cheaper guys really does screw you over:
my cheap gunman dropped $1.5m when he crashed and I guess I didn't pick it up! The cheaper hacker from Lifeinvader was fine and the guy on the bike getting lost was pretty funny
. Maybe I should spend a little more money on guys who know their stuff next time.

ios7. No I don't like it sir.
May as well call it Windows Phone 9.

You were doing so well 'til you revealed your #teamcurse colours.

Guess we at #teammi2 can let it slide given Earthbound appreciation.

No shit, I was literally having this conversation the other day.
I think I like Curse better as a whole package (even after the fact that it was probably the most rushed final act in history, or at least the connect between that and Blood Island), because it really feels like a Disney 90's cartoon, plus the added fact that Armato really made Guybrush an identifiable character from then on.

Bonus bias cause it was my first one.
I think if I played MI1 + 2 first though, I would've been pissed at the shift in its direction.
Also the dialogue in 2 is FAR superior.

But then Murray. So Curse.

jambo

I'm quite partial to TEDs or Hahn super dry. Tried many others but can't remember their names

Watch out for omi and cods

fGAA0ib.jpg

=P

#TeamVegemite will win the battle the same way #TeamNewVegas won

#TeamTruthFact

How long have you got? I reckon a good place to start would be a local craft beer bar/pub. It looks like the Embassy Hotel, Archive Beer Boutique and maybe the Tippler's Tap are good places in Brisbane (never been to any of them, don't know if the locations are any good).

Tell them the sorts of flavours you like and if the staff there are any good they'll find something you'll enjoy. Decent places will even pour you a little sample for free if you're on the fence.

Failing that, try the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale or Stone & Wood Pacific Ale. They're both pretty easy to drink and should be easy to find at any decent beer store.

:(

The embassy is great. A lot of choice beer wise and the bar men/women are pretty knowledgeable. Will also give you a taste if you are unsure. Also the food is fantastic, their sliders get my tick of approval.

Fusebox

Banned
I've got a Limbo key if anyone wants it too.

Exchange rate is 95c today. Good time to get amazon gift cards.

Awesome news, hope it stays strong. A lot of people gave me the gloom n doom story when I preordered my PS4 from Amazon saying the dollar would only get worse.

Btw for anyone following my earlier question about bitcoin sellers I just used www.spendbitcoins.com and they were way faster to give me my coins than omnicoins ever were, highly recommended.

Dryk

JB Hi-Fi are now selling the Monster Hunter 3 + Pro Controller + Black Wii U bundles for $400... probably time for me to get a Wii U. Especially seeing as my copies of Pikmin and W101 arrived yesterday (wasn't planning on getting a Wii U for a little bit but I'll be damned if I let W101 go out of print without buying it)

Rlan

Yeah I've also got the following hanging around from previous Humble Bundles:

- The Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb DLC Steam Key
- Shank 2 Steam Key
- Dungeon Defenders + All DLC Steam key
- Cave Story+ Steam Key
- FTL: Faster Than Light Steam Key
- The Showdown Effect Steam Key
- Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box Steam Key
- Limbo Steam Key
- Bastion Steam Key

I actually already owned these games on Steam through other means.

I'm kind of just looking to trade at the moment, like other Humble Bundle games I might not have from previous sets.

Roulette

Nah. Also Vegemite and cheese is some nasty shit. It's like someone said "Hey, Australia needs its own PB&J (which is probably also shit), what can we smoosh together that looks (and tastes) like pustulent dogshit? I KNOW!"

There's always play-asia, amazon, zaavi/thehut, video ezy, etc that provide the same service. VideoEzy/ Blockbuster online usually have the lowest prices and 15-20% off sale on games.

I swear, play-asia used to be the only way to fly for imports (well, there was lik sang, but...). ozgameshop was ok, but shipping times could be iffy. I bought some stuff from zavvi and it took the better part of a month to arrive. Long story short, I wouldn't buy from these places if it's a game you're not prepared to wait a bit for.

Does anyone know what the delivery times are like for play-asia these days? I saw that Asia exclusive GT6. Assuming the HK version has English option, it might be worth getting.

Fredescu

Ok, going to bite the PS Plus bullet today. Is there any major advantage to having a US (or Euro) PS Plus account? I'd be fine with an AU one right?

Fusebox

Banned
Ok, going to bite the PS Plus bullet today. Is there any major advantage to having a US (or Euro) PS Plus account? I'd be fine with an AU one right?

Yeah, AU is pretty much in line with the EU which is way better than then USA PSN. For once we seem to get a much better library of free games.

Does anyone know what the delivery times are like for play-asia these days? I saw that Asia exclusive GT6. Assuming the HK version has English option, it might be worth getting.

My last few PA deliveries took between 1-2 weeks for the cheapest shipping option, sometimes I pony up for the express though if I want it quicker.

First is definitely best IMO, but it is the first one I played, so... Did love the cartoony look of CMI. And Murray.

Monkey Island seems to be a weird one where whichever one you played first, that becomes your favourite, just because all three are so different in terms of atmosphere.
Also, this is why it's such a great series. So much to offer.
I kinda count Tales as the fourth entry because it does the same thing, offers a different perspective of that world and even goes the more
emotional route in terms of storytelling. The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood is such a fucking good episode.
I don't think I needed to spoil that but just incase.
Also YES. "You seem bitter" is part of my everyday vocab now JUST because of the conversation between him and Guybrush outside the Voodoo Lady's house.
"I'm sorry it's just been a rough day"
So good.

I've gone all hyperbolic again. Shit. I just love MI so freaking much.

Edit: Because I got the episode name completely wrong. Long day.

I swear, play-asia used to be the only way to fly for imports (well, there was lik sang, but...). ozgameshop was ok, but shipping times could be iffy. I bought some stuff from zavvi and it took the better part of a month to arrive. Long story short, I wouldn't buy from these places if it's a game you're not prepared to wait a bit for.

Same as OGS, a week to 10 days. I've had orders delivered in as less as 5 days but also as long as 3 weeks.

EU/AU getting better content lately. Waiting for US store to play catch up.

Danoss

Just under 19 hours remain on the latest Bundle of Holding. All games use the Fate system and included in the bundle are both Fate Core and Fate Accelerated; system only rules that can be tailored to your tastes. The remaining games offer variations of sci-fi, fantasy, pulp and space opera for your enjoyment.

––––––––––––––

Outside of this bundle, there is a truly sweet deal on offer that you should totally buy. For a measly $5.00, you can have:

oy7AQ9K.gif

Sinister secret agents with shadowy employers and mysterious pasts. A bizarre landscape built from six- billion human minds. Arachnid-headed beings that guard a war-torn borderzone. And all the worst that Mankind has to offer, stalking the alleys and crumbling buildings of a place called Blue City.

Is it a dream? Is it a nightmare? Or is it just a game? And are you already playing?

Lacuna is essentially 'Inception the RPG', except it preceded that movie by about 6 years. There's a little of the feel from Dark City, The Matrix and a number of other films to be found within.

Players in Lacuna control Mystery Agents, which are so-called because who they are will be discovered during character creation, even their name (or pseudonym assigned by The Company, rather) and are to be referred to as Agent 1, Agent 2, etc until this is established. Debriefing will begin once Mystery Agents have the appropriate Security Clearance.

I won't go into great system detail, but the main mechanic of Heart Rate begs to be mentioned because it really helps build and maintain tension. Agents enter their mission at their Resting Heart Rate, calm and focused. Each stressful Agent action and subsequent roll of the dice, regardless of success or failure, raises their heart rate by the dice total. Once an Agent is within the range of their Target Heart Rate, they are performing at their peak and, should they fail an action, may 'push' themselves to re-roll any number of dice in hopes of success; the drawback is that the sum of the rolled dice are also added to their Heart Rate. Once an Agent reaches their Maximum Heart Rate, some actions become 'Risky' and as they continue to overexert themselves may result in impaired ability, ejection from the mission, or death, depending on how far they're willing to go. Of course, there are a couple of ways to reduce Heart Rate and they fall under something called 'Techniques' where they can bend the rules to their benefit in this way and others.

There is more to the game than this, but I thought this alone was rather cool and definitely worth mentioning. Hopefully you made it this far and if so, the fact that it's only $5 should stretch a smile across your face.

If that's true, if you've never had vegemite before than I suggest...you spread lightly.

I did the same thing last night. Did a couple of the first Trevor missions too. Trevor will be my go to character when causing mayhem.

I did one Trevor mission. He's amazing.

So far Michael is still my fave.

Me too. It turns out that hiring cheaper guys really does screw you over:
my cheap gunman dropped $1.5m when he crashed and I guess I didn't pick it up! The cheaper hacker from Lifeinvader was fine and the guy on the bike getting lost was pretty funny
. Maybe I should spend a little more money on guys who know their stuff next time.

Same thing happened with me with the
cheaper gunman. Bastard fell over and lost me $1.5m. Guy at work was able to pick his dropped money luckily.

Still haven't seen ios7 in person though.
Seen Windows 8 or Office 2013? If so, you've pretty much seen it.

It's got a few dumb choices IMO design-wise, but it works pretty much the same so whatever I guess. I don't think it's a big enough change that many will switch from Android to iOS or vice versa.

Same thing happened with me with the
cheaper gunman. Bastard fell over and lost me $1.5m. Guy at work was able to pick his dropped money luckily.
I'm sure the outcomes of each combination of the crew are scripted so it'd be the same for everyone. I didn't even realise
the guy had dropped the money, otherwise I definitely would've gone back for it, the cops were miles away. I don't think it made that very clear - it took a moment to even put two and two together to figure out the guy who crashed had dropped it!

hamchan

Euro PS+ has gotten better instant game collection games.
US PS+ has gotten better sales I think and just generally games are cheaper on the PS store.

So it just depends on how much you think you'll go down the digital hole in the future.

Fusebox

Banned
Yeah some games on the US store are so much cheaper even without PS+ that my PS3 has a big mix of US purchases and AU freebies on it.

senahorse

I currently have a AU account but am strongly considering making my US account my primary account and where my PSN+ resides for the pricing of games.

I've been very happy with the AU account, even though the US gets better sales. If you go for a AU account, Sony are currently running a Buy 1 Year get 90 days free promotion.

If you do take advantage of that promotion, be warned that when you buy the subscription, it will not list the additional 90days on the product description, so it appears as it you are only getting the 1 year. The additional 90 days will be added, though.

Fredescu

If you go for a AU account, Sony are currently running a Buy 1 Year get 90 days free promotion.

That's why I'm buying it now in fact.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I was thinking about buying a very minimal amount of games and just using the PS+ library, so it sounds like the AU account is the way to go.

GTAV is a good game that is hampered down by all the aliasing and framerate issues that my "PC game on Ultra setting" trained eyes can't help but see.

Really want that PC/Next-gen versions.

I'm sort of feeling the same at the moment. It's hampering my motivation to explore the world cause to be frank, the image quality is terrible. If I knew that a PC version was coming out this year I'd probably stop playing, but at this stage it could be 6-8months before we see a PC release.

jambo

Nah. Also Vegemite and cheese is some nasty shit. It's like someone said "Hey, Australia needs its own PB&J (which is probably also shit), what can we smoosh together that looks (and tastes) like pustulent dogshit? I KNOW!

Worst post ever on GAF.

Vegemite and cheese on crumpets is fucking god-tier.

Jintor

I'm sort of feeling the same at the moment. It's hampering my motivation to explore the world cause to be frank, the image quality is terrible. If I knew that a PC version was coming out this year I'd probably stop playing, but at this stage it could be 6-8months before we see a PC release.

I successfully resisted buying GTAV today on that basis.

I'm playing Dishonored right now anyway... and am probably gonna start a Final Fantasy or something at some point

jambo

I find it really funny how everyone is calling the IQ in GTA V "terrible" and the fps "horrible".

Yes, it runs between 20-30 fps and there is a lot of aliasing, but the lighting and draw distance are still amazing and the art direction is probably the best this gen (except maybe Last of Us).

If I can go from 1600p to sub 720p then you guys can handle it as well. It's worth it, game of the gen material right here.

Danoss

Worst post ever on GAF.

Vegemite and cheese on crumpets is fucking god-tier.

It so is! Toast is perfectly fine if there are no crumpets, bread just soaks up less butter if that's what does it for you.

One of my favourite sandwiches to take to school as a kid was vegemite, cheese and lettuce. It's still great and I just reminded myself to buy some lettuce.

remember that ps multi is going behind a pay wall. assuming its ps plus and match making is done by region and you care maybe dont get a year sub on not aus accounts?
that said iv got no idea and havnt turned on my ps3 in years

Lugoscababib Discobiscuits

Also yeah GTA5 is fucking amazing. Really well done. As a multiplatform gamer I can thankfully enjoy the experience without requiring super sampling and gpu meltingly high resolutions. So much fun. Can't remember the last time I was up until 4:30am on a weekday playing videogames knowing I would only get 2 hours sleep.

jambo

An interesting look in to the private life of AusGAF

[16:13:38] <S> Rezbit: public wanking for all
[16:13:57] <S> Rezbit: the streets of stockholm will be filled with wankers
[16:14:07] <S> Rezbit: all playing soggy sayo
[16:16:27] <holycheck> interesting
[16:16:31] <holycheck> we called it soggy biscuit
[16:17:38] <S> Rezbit: well sayo is a biscuit
[16:17:40] <S> Rezbit: or is it spelt sao
[16:17:41] <@jambo|work> ok so i'm officially never going to a party at Syths place
[16:17:45] <S> Rezbit: either way i dont eat them LOL
[16:18:09] <S> roosters93 disconnected from Steam.
[16:18:17] <S> Rezbit: it all got too much for roosters

Top Bottom