• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

FUME5

That'd be
Alex
then.

guess-who.jpg

YUSSSS. All my assignments are completed until the 10th of October.
Time to start on those!

GTA V is amazing.

First game since probably... Minecraft, where I've looked at the clock to see it was 9.30pm and then the next time I checked it was 1:07am.

Just got absolutely lost in the world. I did a bunch of side missions with Franklin in the Vinewood area (paparazzi and the old British couple) and then spent a while with Michael just uncovering the map and exploring Mounth Chilliad and the surrounding areas.

I still can't believe how good night time in the big city looks in GTA V.

All of the little minigames aren't bad either. I could spend hours playing tennis or just driving around the map, as boring as that sounds.

For a second there I was like wait didn't Isaac Asimov write I Am Legend? But then I was like silly me! Mixing up Will Smith films. He wrote Bad Boys 2.
Lol, I did the same thing but didn't pick up on it until you said something >.>

Nando's reward scheme

Heh, keep checking my work emails today to find a manager in other division taking pot shots at me in a mass email. Fired back some sarcastic salvos and got some interesting responses from other employees :)

All of the little minigames aren't bad either. I could spend hours playing tennis or just driving around the map, as boring as that sounds.
I've done yoga like eleventy times now. So soothing!

Another shooting in America, Jesus christ fix your gun laws.
This is how it will go

This week: Gun reform! We need to do something! Lets regulate this shit! Somebody think of the children!

In a month once it hits senate/whatever votes on shit: Less regulation! Let kids get free .22 rifles at gun shows that won't be tracked! Carrying a firearm for purposes of hunting expanded to include "the blacks" alongside bears, deer & Chevy Chase.

senahorse

Yeah typical. We are currently going through the process of getting our firearms licenses in Australia (for sport shooting). There is so much red tape (close to a year long process) but I am so glad there is.

Yeah typical. We are currently going through the process of getting our firearms licenses in Australia (for sport shooting). There is so much red tape (close to a year long process) but I am so glad there is.

Yeah friend of mine had his licence lapse while travelling. When he got back he had to re-register everything again and do all the paperwork again. Annoying but it makes 100% sure everything is tracked properly.
Also makes owning a gun less of a right and more of a privilege. You remember all the work it took to get it approved so hopefully that means you treat it with more respect!

Fastest car in GTA 5 - Bugati. Winning races/outrunning cops is a breeze

TBH most cars you find (even the trucks in the countryside!) have plenty of up and go to outmaneuver the cops and fly along at full speed through the city to your destination. Enjoying it so much more than the driving in 4 which felt a lot harsher at the time.

Danoss

Yay! New Books!

I Am Legend is terrific in a number of ways and one of my favourite books. Nearly 60 years on and I don't think it has lost any of its punch. In the area of vampire novels, it is the pinnacle and of those that I have read, only Let the Right One In comes close, though they are quite different.

Currently having a cheat day and eating a "kebab pack" which involves a mixture of kebab meat over a bed of chips with chili and garlic sauce. I would post a pic but it looks like a crime scene.

They're excellent and my local calls them a 'snack pack'. I often felt like shit after finishing one of them, but that's due to nothing more than my own greedy-guts.

LOL just noticed this is in my companies email signature as of today

lol5hpgz.jpg

'No Ordinary Dream' aka 'It's Harder When You Don't Cheat'.

I wonder how much illegal shit Slater can do in the finals this year and not get pinged for it. He kicked a dude in the neck earlier in the year and the other guy got the blame. I don't think he'll ever cease trying to stop tries with he legs by sliding in studs first.

+1 for I Am Legend. Short but incredible read. Well worth seeking it out.

-1 for me not figuring how the hell to do selfies in GTA V.

+1 to Omi to have a great trip. I hear Two Metre Tall have put out some new good stuff recently.

Shaneus

Fastest car in GTA 5 - Bugati. Winning races/outrunning cops is a breeze

Weird little bug: If you take a photo of yourself in the mirror (as Michael in his house) even though you're looking through the phone which you're holding straight ahead, right at the mirror) the reflection shows him looking down on it.

Shaneus

They will announce their next set of GPUs on the 25th of Sept.
Sweet. Reckon it's as good an excuse as any to upgrade from my 5970/5850 combo? It does still work damn well for it's age, but I have a feeling they'll go legacy next year (like with the 4xxx series this year) :(

Shaneus

Man, that will be a massive jump, I'd go for it.
Next question: Single GPU ATI top-tier (or at least, upper-middle) or go for 7xxx series and grab two, say, 7950s second-hand?

As long as the 7950s have 2GB+ VRAM, obv. Wouldn't be much of an upgrade otherwise (that's my primary reason for upgrading in the first place, lack of VRAM).

There are a lot of big reasons why GTA5 is worth playing, I'll get to them another day though, after I finish the main storyline.

Here is hundreds of small things that add up to make GTA5 a great thing to experience.

After all the "THIS GAME IS SO FUCKING GOOD" talk pre-GTA4 I was wary but GTA5 is sooooo much better, wipes the still bitter taste of launch GTA4 on the PS3 out of my mouth.

Also suck it Cats! We would have one that game tonight.

Shaneus

There are a lot of big reasons why GTA5 is worth playing, I'll get to them another day though, after I finish the main storyline.

Here is hundreds of small things that add up to make GTA5 a great thing to experience.

After all the "THIS GAME IS SO FUCKING GOOD" talk pre-GTA4 I was wary but GTA5 is sooooo much better, wipes the still bitter taste of launch GTA4 on the PS3 out of my mouth.

Also suck it Cats! We would have one that game tonight.
To think I bought Blur for you :(

AND LET YOU STAY IN MY PLACE OF RESIDENCE.

SHOCKING NEWS
Al 180 Penello said:
We talk a lot about TV and that's only going to work basically in Japan and the U.S. at launch where you have HDMI-in scenarios, so you'll say 'hey, what if I have a terrestrial over the air?' We won't have a solution for that right away, but we still sell it as part of the vision. It's not going to be us – it's not the early adopters that this is a problem [for] - which is why we're not prioritising solving it right off the bat
Although 180 isn't out in Japan until next year lol

I seriously don't believe going vertical with the 180 would damage it. Why would it be an issue when PS4/WiiU can go vertical?

Top Bottom